Sign in to follow this  
Michał Napora

Developer Tools Are Now Available To Download

Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads up - the Dying Light Developer Tools are now available on Steam.

Join us in this very forum for information, guidance, and to share your thoughts and suggestions.

You can find them in the Dying Light Workbench right here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/239140/workshop/

So guys, download the tools, play around, and share what you made with us. Dying to see what mods come out from you all.

Hello i have One important Question : ) is there another Tutorial coming from Techland, for the Dying Light Developer Tools, i watched Part 1 to Part 6, but may you Guys can do a more complexe Tutorial, how to switch Files and Create Copy and Paste some custom Mesh for Example, this whould be insanely Helpfull, cause to play later in the Future with Jade or someone else, seems to be interesting : D Female Gamer here <3 Thanks for Your Awesome Work Guys.

You say the developer tools are now available to download, but they are not in the Steam - Library - Tools list, so where can we download them???

Can you please provide a link? Thank you!

Edited by emrdesign

You say the developer tools are now available to download, but they are not in the Steam - Library - Tools list, so where can we download them???

Can you please provide a link? Thank you!

it does. I've installed it yesterday evening. 

i've got the german version, in this, the "Path" is Bibliothek -->Tools --> Dying Light developer Tools. Doesn't take much time to install.

have a look once again, can't be that difficult as the tools-list is in alphabetic order B)

And have an eye on the tutorial video #1, you'll see it there.

That's fantastic news Thank you :D

Downloaded and watched the tutorials so far 

Are your planning to Continue and expand on the tutorials to cover quests making etc ? 

i agree, the tutorials are fine, but very, very basic, so i hope there's coming more.... Michal, please let us know. BTW: Thank you! 

Edited by rdeubi

Here is a copy of the tools library of steam and it is not in the list. So can anybody tell me why not?

[ picture ]

I had the same thing while looking into the tool library, but just type "dying" and the dev tool magicaly going to appear :)

But god, i will need to find somes time to try that.. not easy since now GTA 5 is there :( eww :D Still !

Thanks a LOT techland for the devs tools ! hope you are going to keep improove them :D

Edited by wootwoots

I had the same thing while looking into the tool library, but just type "dying" and the dev tool magicaly going to appear :)

But god, i will need to find somes time to try that.. not easy since now GTA 5 is there :( eww :D Still !

Thanks a LOT techland for the devs tools ! hope you are going to keep improove them :D

I also tried typing in "dying" in the search bar, but it came up empty.

I also tried typing in "dying" in the search bar, but it came up empty.

Did you correctly tried that in the tool section ? ( just in case ).. because actualy it worked correctly for me ^^

But well, that mod tool dont have terrain editor.. so... yeah... i'am going to wait they add one, and if they dont.. without me.

You can Add Ground Objects Yourself and change there size and some Other Options, works pretty well no ruined Textures, cause of scale changes for Example "Grass" .

Just watch all Tutorial Parts it is pretty Easy, they should please add some Terrain Options, but i still dont know how to Copy and Paste Content, or add custom Content, it is realy hard to figure that out, but i learned much with Tests.

I can change with some Bugs the Skin of some Enemies, NPC, but to create Custom Enemies, NPC´s, Costumes,Outfits,Bodys,or,Weapons...i still dont know how this is possible.

I agree slightly with You, cause you have to think this is just the First Version of the Developer Tools, "Edit Skin File" seems not to work and some other Options just show no Reaction, may I do something wrong I dont know realy.

If i need Another Programm to change some Outfits or NPC´s than this whould be no Problem i guess, but when i can not paste them into the Developer Tools than i dont know how this could work.

I hope too see soon some advanced Tutorials, how to Copy and Paste Custom Content Self Made Stuff and how to Save Mesh,Skin Files to use them, for Example may a Zombie with a Gun with Slow Fire Rate just for Example.

I had some Hours and were realy curios, but mh next Time I go to sleep haha damit, I am avid with the Things I do and i hate it to wait cause it is just pretty useless mh but seems like there is no other Way Good Night and Good Luck <3 ..

Edited by RinXair

The tools are beautiful.  The tools are quick and easy.  The tutorials help with basics but it takes an adept person to really fine tune a map into good working condition.  I might be able to do it but others are going to be clueless about some of the more simple things you need in a map.  There needs to be more information and the 14 posts allowed here a day are not sufficient to interact enough with people of have common knowledge of this editor.

I already have a great map finished.  Do I have to share it via Steam Workshop projects in order to add a friend on the client?  Do they need the Dev Tools also?  Too many questions.  Not enough answers.

Edited by Rick Grimes

Thanks for the fast response Rafa Polito i hope that name is right typed, I agree with Rick Grimes i could do some complexe Stuff by learning how to use the Developer Tools but, still dont know how to add custom Content.

This is pretty Important to create some new NPC,Weapons,Outfits,Armours or Enemies to Expand the Gaming Experience, for example may Zombie Animals sounds not to bad, why should the Virus kill only People just in Theory.

May a Hunt System like Darel used sometimes in the Walking Death Series, for Food there is already a Survivor Mod, in the Dying Light Nexus, but it is far from a realy Immersive Survival System, but pretty good i guess, they had no Tools ?

Some other Mod s actualy were out there before the Tools, I guess Script and Text edit, sounds logical but way more complexe than this genius Developer Tool, means it is more User Friendly no Offensive meaning.

For much better Coop Experience, i postet it in my own Topics, but i can not say how much i whould love it to play actual a Girl like that, in FPS cause i am One too and many agreed actualy with Me, should be possible to use Male,Female.

Rick I watched the new Episodes, not to long ago, You do a realy good Jop there. I found it fun to put it in here so...The Walking Dead is a Genius Series, just Brutal how a World whould be like that, love to watch it, just non candy Truth Theory..

Edited by RinXair

You can ´t create a landscape:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/611703999966865614/?appid=239140

You can place flat ground objects for now.

Open the assets browser and search for

Ground, floor , all stuff you can use

Instead of the upcoming terrain tool.

Also you can grab the mesh previews

To see more assets images and work

Faster:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/613956964590351371/?appid=239140