Okay, so I have recently started a new file in my game since I got bored of my maxed account with unlimited supplies. Anyways, while doing the new playthrough, I noticed an issue that has probably existed since the beginning of the games release that no one has come across, or maybe it could be new. Basically, as I was playing it, once I got to the point in the story where I had to loot a Bolter for Dr. Zere, I decided to do some sidequests before moving on in order to train my character a bit more. I took my time at it so I didn't do everything in one sitting. Since every time i would load up to work on the sidequests, the game would make a small glitch and change the main story objective between going out and getting the sample to actually turning it in to Dr. Zere. I found it strange and from other playthroughs that I have done, you get to keep your samples so the game doesn't look for you to have the item, but rather kill the Bolter and loot it (which I haven't done a single time in this file yet).

I thought that since I haven't looted nor killed a bolter in this playthrough, it wouldn't let me actually turn in the sample until I get one. Wellllll, I was wrong. It's not a game breaking glitch or anything that bothers me, but I thought you guys should know since it is part of the main story none the least and might ruin the point of the first Bolter experience if the game skips over that part of the game for others.

Hi thebobman, 

Thanks for putting that through to us. Let's try to get this sorted out, as chasing a Bolter is heaps of (terrifying) fun.

Glad to help out! Also, I think that Bolters a little too easy to get. They don't have much health and if you camouflage up to them, it only makes it easier. I think an awesome element to add to them is motion awareness, that way aggressive movement and combat would scare them off if you are under camouflage or not.