You are making multiple updates to the PC as a tool for developers and that update April 1. But what about the console?

Most players are playing in the PS4 and Xbox One and we have no more updates. We have to wait months for DLC that comes with little content. If this keeps up who plays on the islands will no longer play the game.

Dying Light was the best zombie game I've ever played, but unfortunately missing content for consoles. We have no updates for a long time, even buying the season pass. Why not Providing this creation tool for those who bought the season pass on the console?

I know it's more complicated to put this tool and mods on consoles, but if they do so the game will die.

More updates to the islands, please do not leave us the islands without constant updates, you are destroying the game as well.

I hope you can solve this.

I find it super sad that some Stuff is like Halo Console only, or other good Game s but i think that is more about the greedy Capitalism Scenario, we all live in, may PS4 and XBOX One get later a Port for the Developer tools.

This Console and Computer Marketing just splits the Comunitys, that is realy sad just PS4,Xbox One Content or Pc is just weird, but equality vs Capitalism so just keep waiting Capitalism is a hard Enemy.

I am sure there are more than enough Pc , Computer Players your Frustration is Offensive against Computer Player s, that is no solution for the Problem at all.

Computer Systems have the best Custom Options, cause you can Upgrade the Hardware and much other Stuff, what you can not do with Consoles like PS4 or Xbox One.

This Console VS Computer Marketing is just for Money, they could make easy a combination Port, but who whould than Buy a Computer or PS4, Xbox One, the Answer is Easy only the People who wants them.

No more People forced to buy Console Exclusive Stuff, only is reducing there income and the numbers of Hardware sold, that is i guess the Main Reason for keeping Console VS Computer Generations.

There is so much Stuff what comes more Early for Consoles all the Time, One Time You Console Players have to wait and get super Aggresive, i whould like to play Halo 5 on Pc aswell but that is not going to be.

Out there in this World are far than enough Console Exclusive Packages and Game s so dont get Mad about Computer Player s, we get our Game s released later and much Other Stuff what you can play weeks months before.

I think Techland cares about there Players and released Computer Development Tools first, cause of the Awesome custom Options you have with a Computer and its Hardware.

If there are some Bugs and you get the Developer Tools later, be glad that you are not going to have these Bugs, cause they are found out and already solved with the Computer Versions, just for Example..

@ativegamers:

That's pretty unlikely.  I've never seen a console game get modding tools.  The input devices aren't there for it and you don't have a general purpose operating system (or hardware) that allows you to use other software for content creation.

If you want to play this game with all the community and modding features enabled you will need to buy a PC.

@ativegamers:

That's pretty unlikely.  I've never seen a console game get modding tools.  The input devices aren't there for it and you don't have a general purpose operating system (or hardware) that allows you to use other software for content creation.

If you want to play this game with all the community and modding features enabled you will need to buy a PC.

Capitalism 1:0 against Freedom of Desire, but yes that is kind of True, may i just think to Friendly sometimes, but i dont think that it is completly inpossible may with a Console,Hardware Custom Connection...

But you sure need realy good Hardware what cost some Money mh. For Example Your PS4 or Xbox One, with Usb Port and Custom Software, but i dont think you want to do this, seems pretty hard, may Techland finds a Way to Port the Tools in Split Parts.

Split Parts means you have more Load Time and can Only use not all Features of the Entire Tool at the same Time, cause PS4,Xbox One, is kind of weak against a realy good Computer like 1500 Euro + or 2000 Euro +  you can not compare that to a Console..

Edited by RinXair

It is unlikely, but the Developers are now bringing over the best PC Community maps to consoles, and they will keep updating them with more maps. So you guys will be getting more free content... unfortunately it will just take longer for you to get it. You do have 5 Playable Community maps on console as per the "Dying Light - Enhanced Edition Release", and they will be adding more. So all I can say is hang tight, because you guys will be getting more content.

It is unlikely, but the Developers are now bringing over the best PC Community maps to consoles, and they will keep updating them with more maps. So you guys will be getting more free content... unfortunately it will just take longer for you to get it. You do have 5 Playable Community maps on console as per the "Dying Light - Enhanced Edition Release", and they will be adding more. So all I can say is hang tight, because you guys will be getting more content.

Hey Rabid,

tnx for the quick answer. I know that the maps are available at the moment. But i was asking for the Tools :) I want to make my own maps :D 

Hey Rabid,

tnx for the quick answer. I know that the maps are available at the moment. But i was asking for the Tools :) I want to make my own maps :D

As we all do!

Unfortunately I don't think it is likely, because the tools are built to design stuff on PC, (I'm not ruling it out completely) but don't get your hopes up. If you want to make maps it is likely that you will have to get a computer and buy Dying Light again ... which is sad, but it is understandable.

@ativegamers:

hey man im a lil new to the forums but Tons of games on consoles have it to where you can create your own map. For instance halo's forge.... it may not be as complex, but even a watered down version of the dev tools would be cool. and for what ever reason deathmatch and dont drown map still havent been pushed over to consoles. which are probably the whole reason most people want the dev tools on console.

hey man im a lil new to the forums but Tons of games on consoles have it to where you can create your own map. For instance halo's forge.... it may not be as complex, but even a watered down version of the dev tools would be cool. and for what ever reason deathmatch and dont drown map still havent been pushed over to consoles. which are probably the whole reason most people want the dev tools on console.

I think the reason for that is that they wanted to get a feel for if the PVP (Without BtZ) would be successful or not.

That is probably still being debated and I can tell you that while Don't Drown was well received for the most part, but there is still quite a bit of work to be done on how the PVP actually works, for example: Some of the abilities are useless (Drop Attack, and Drop Kick don't work on Hostile Players at all).

Furthermore there is a little bit more to the process of porting these maps over than you might think.

But Techland have done a lot so far to try get Consoles more content, and I don't think they are about to stop.

Edited by Rabid Squirrel

Imagine working on a console, hardware isn't exactly an issue, but making a file manager to search for all of the prefabs would require quite a bit of work and perhaps some collaboration with Sony and Microsoft... Unless a file searcher advanced enough is already on the console. Also, using a controller would be quite tough since a keyboard and mouse are more versatile for this kind of work. Also, scripting would need a keyboard and stuff.

A console editor would be cool though, however. I definitely wouldn't rule it out that's for sure :-) I can see a basic version of these coming though, that's our best bet!

Edited by Lamborghini1216