Mockers

Grappling Hook Ruins The Game

Grappling hook pretty much made the point of free running useless. I feel like spiderman out there and I'm never afraid of zombie encounters. While it's useful it really kills the game. I was hoping the hard mode would disable it so I could play with others without feeling obligated to use it just to keep up.

Perhaps grappling hook should have very long load times of not taken out all together. I feel like I could of enjoyed the game more without it

Yeah that's exactly the thing. Games that give a player lots of options are always far more fun to play with that choice. However each individual must be able to make judgments and have self control over the decisions. Just because it is an option does not mean you must take it.

When you get something that may seem OP or fun killing in the game, just don't go there. I almost never use the grappling hook. The only time I do is possibly to avoid what might be considered tedium. That helps make the game fun as it will remove some tedious process but not remove the fun with OP abilities. It is up to me to decide where that fine line occurs.

Game difficulty is the same thing. Don't use that orange level machete that one hits everything, only use green level weapons that you find. No upgrades and no crafting and that will add a lot of difficulty. No need to wait for Techland to do something.

Just a little self control will make the game exactly what you want it to be. Good luck.

No with the orange weapons you are talking about isnt right, because it isnt  the  right way to must use a green weapon only to dont do one hits.....i hate the one hits like hell, but i also want fight with purple, orange or gold weapons....But after reaching lvl 15 it isnt possible to use orange....i dont want only use green or white weapons because there are boring and it is not the right way to live with it and then just  only to use green weapons.

But i think techland will do something about it, only for hard mode

The problem is playing with other players. Then feeling obligated to use it. Personally I was having more fun when you first started the game but when the hook was introduced it killed a lot of it. I usually play with other people so for me the grappling hook does kill the experience

Edited by Mockers

No with the orange weapons you are talking about isnt right, because it isnt  the  right way to must use a green weapon only to dont do one hits.....i hate the one hits like hell, but i also want fight with purple, orange or gold weapons....But after reaching lvl 15 it isnt possible to use orange....i dont want only use green or white weapons because there are boring and it is not the right way to live with it and then just  only to use green weapons.

But i think techland will do something about it, only for hard mode

100% true maybe a option for hard mode so individual players can adjust or a new game mode, sorry I'm off topic 

The problem is playing with other players. Then feeling obligated to use it. Personally I was having more fun when you first started the game but when the hook was introduced it killed a lot of it. I usually play with other people so for me the grappling hook does kill the experience

true i usually try to mention to other players to not use it when your maxed in agility  

If you dont like it, dont use it......the easiest way....i think it dont kills the game because everyone can choose if he want use the grappling hook or not...

so you doesnt need to use the powerful weapons too m8 if you get easy kills with these weapons. the easiest way. 

Edited by sentinel_deco

Oh my god...you dont read???? I never use power weapons, never, never.....but it isnt the sense to only must use grey or green weapons........we all want gold or orange.....and i think your comment is extrem stupid because you only want a fight.....because a grappling hook you can choose if you want it to use, but by weapon dmg, we must take gre or green low dmg weapons....and thats not the sense of the game that we must live with it and only must take green chupacabra weapons.......i think you arent very inteligent, because you only want a fight here...

mire1, you can't say "if you don't like the grappling hook then don't use it" only to turn around and tell poeple they're wrong for saying "if you don't like one hit kill weapons don't use them," or "don't use certain skill points if you want to make the game more challenging for yourself." looks like you keep trying to pick fights over it. You can choose not to use a grappling hook, if you feel like it ruins the parkour element. just like you can choose not to take/fully mod an orange weapon to one hit kill everything.  Also how is a lower tier version of the same weapon automatically boring? I thought you would prefer to use a green machete that takes more hits to kill instead of a fully modded machete that takes less hits. 

mire1, you can't say "if you don't like the grappling hook then don't use it" only to turn around and tell poeple they're wrong for saying "if you don't like one hit kill weapons don't use them," or "don't use certain skill points if you want to make the game more challenging for yourself." looks like you keep trying to pick fights over it. You can choose not to use a grappling hook, if you feel like it ruins the parkour element. just like you can choose not to take/fully mod an orange weapon to one hit kill everything. Also how is a lower tier version of the same weapon automatically boring? I thought you would prefer to use a green machete that takes more hits to kill instead of a fully modded machete that takes less hits.

Lol, give this man a cookie 😅

To all to remember......I never upgrade a weapon with power, inever  use power skills which high up your dmg, i never use a purple or orange blueprint for my weapons, but still one hits after lvl 15.....At  lvl 19 i found  a machete and i used them  without everything , exactly after finding i killed a group of 20 in 30 seconds with one  hits at arms, torso etc.

You never can tell me the one hit problem is no problem on HARD MODE (name says)......

And with the grappling hook i tought he means it in single  player, multiplayer i can understand it is a problem.

So i think you searching for fights, because i only can  see that no_other_xD only waits for a comment by me........

One hit kills after reching lvl 15 is an HARD MODE problem, and if you like it, then i really must say normal mode is the best mode for you guys...

I promise you cant stop comment  my posts, but after a while it is only sad to see you always come back and  fight  about something what much people hate (on hits)....   so i dont know what you all want because we cant change anything about the one hits...

And  dont forget, we are talking about  easy one hit kills in HARD mode..................HARD MODE...

Ahhh yeah.....To come back to your question why i find it boring to use a green or grey weapon........because i wanne play a game normal, and i want to be happy to find a orange weapon on high lvl...Because i will say "yeah man i find a new added weapon in orange, YEAH" ......i think it isnt the right game way to must use boring grey weapon...All new weapons are useless for the one hit haters.....

why you guys cant see it that there are much much people out there which hate the one hit kills??!

Hold on... One hit killing biters after rank 15 on hard, restarting after reaching rank 15 to make the game challenging again?...... You're complaining about enemy health when you're playing on hard game, not hard game+? You know, the mode where you do less damage and take more damage?  I suggest you finish the story and play on hard mode+. 

And again you can use a blue tier version of that same orange weapon if you don't want to deal more damage. Why can't you see there are players on both sides of debate and not just yours. Except you want the developers to change things and force everyone to play the game your way. 

Edited by MusicMan05

Hard game + are also one hits.... I got 4 saves...1 for restarting , 1 hard+, 1 hard 100 %,1 hard + 53%.....there is no difference. On hard + i ca kill a group of biters wth a 285 dmg weapon....i kno on hard + the zombies kill you easier and faster , but there is no challenge with biters in a fight, because  one hits

BECAUSE I WANT THAT WEAPON IN ORANGE, NOT IN GREY GREEN OR BLUE........

I say again , HARD MODE...__.Or do you think we talk about normal?.. HARD says everything, and in hard  is no easy one hit killing..._.

If you are mad about my one hit hate, then stop and make your own topic, named " we love the easy one hit kills on hard mode"...........voilà, both sides are happy.....And we can see how much it like on HARD MODE.....

In mire1 defense the dmg out put for weapons are way too high and can not be changed while the grappling hook can not be used is something that won't effect actual game play albeit mire1 can be harsh in his responses sorry this is off topic but this is a "zombie" game so one hit kill weapon just don't make that much sense maybe this could be fixed with a option to adjust hard mode for specific play or a new game mode if only a dev could give a answer ps love ya techland :)

In mire1 defense the dmg out put for weapons are way too high and can not be changed while the grappling hook can not be used is something that won't effect actual game play albeit mire1 can be harsh in his responses sorry this is off topic but this is a "zombie" game so one hit kill weapon just don't make that much sense maybe this could be fixed with a option to adjust hard mode for specific play or a new game mode if only a dev could give a answer ps love ya techland :)

I know what you mean.Im not against haveing more hits to kill a zombie.What got me was trying  to give Mire  advise .But Mire just bashes anyone i even went as far as making a video to show if you turn off aim assist in the options on a different topic thread.To only have Mire then say no it has to be arms and legs because i don't know what fun is so i only love easy 1hk. Lolcheck some vids i made just haveing fun im weaponless killing hows that easy mode.Mire goes on every post saying the same thing bashing anyone who trys to give tips to help.That gets old fast

Oh my god...you dont read???? I never use power weapons, never, never.....but it isnt the sense to only must use grey or green weapons........we all want gold or orange.....and i think your comment is extrem stupid because you only want a fight.....because a grappling hook you can choose if you want it to use, but by weapon dmg, we must take gre or green low dmg weapons....and thats not the sense of the game that we must live with it and only must take green chupacabra weapons.......i think you arent very inteligent, because you only want a fight here...

since when do you use only white or green weapons. didnt read it... seems a new solution for you, huh? when it comes to intelligence: do not use your skills above novice level ingame if you want a harder gameplay mechanic even if its not the point of the game. problem solved.

Edited by sentinel_deco

Oh man dude so sad....i told everyone i dont use skill, i dont use mods. I dont use blueprints.....

and know i only must tell one think what makes all off your comments absolute stupit and no sense.....

it is HARD MODE, in dying light there is NORMAL MODE and HARD MODE......for the normal mode is is NORMAL with one hits, because it is the easy difficult.... but hard mode is a hard and strong challenge for, players which love the challenge.....

So, when all of you guys start a hard mode campaign, you fight till you reach survive lvl 15 against zombies with 3-4 hits.....but after reaching the survive lvl 16-17 , it is gone and you kill all biter and virals with one hit ... like a bug it changed extrem to only one hit kills....

So, and you guys really wanne say, that it was to reach survive lvl 15, to hard and extrem for you guys??????!!!

because i only think the zombies must stay like at the beginning, but after lvl15, PUFF........ONE HIT KILLS

and a 100 times again.........GUYS IT IS HARD MODE, THERE MUST BE A CHALLENGE TILL THE END OF GAME, AND NOT JUST TILL LVL 15.......

you all guys played till lvl 15 on HARD mode, and do you think it was impossible????? No i dont think so, and that is what i want forthe biters, no new HP , they just must stay with every level of the player......and they do it, but after lvl 15 it stopped....

so it dont makes any sense that you are crying, because it is hard mode, and after reaching lvl 15 it goes to normal mode, and you wanne tell me it is great???. No!! Because only till lvl 15 it is HARD MODE.

and the word says it again, IT IS HARD MODE AND NOEASY MODE....SO LIVE WITH IT THAT ON HARD DIFFICULT IS EVERYTIME A CHALLENGE......but how you say, you all love it thard hard mode goes to normal after lvl15........thats why you arent ready for a HARD DIFFICULT.,

I agree Mockers.. Techland hyped up the game with parkour as one of its main selling points. Every video or interview basically boasted about how great the feature was going to be. The parkour is great and I like it but it all goes out the window when you get the grappling hook. It should have never been added to the game. I don't care if it can be fun or not, It should have never been added to the game, it just doesn't fit well. It also seriously unbalances Be the Zombie game mode. Most of all It makes the parkour feature absolutely pointless no matter what mode you are playing. Notice how all the challenges tell you grapple hook is not allowed? Why not allow it if its in the game right.. Its because it makes the challenges too easy, It makes everything too easy. Yeah I was disappointed when I found out you could zoom around like spiderman, but what can you do.. Whats done is done. Same with the mods. No reason to even use any damage increasing mods when a blank unmodded weapon will one hit kill everything in its path. Nothing scales "except for you" which makes mods useless. If the weapons were less powerful, it would give us a reason to buff the damage up with mods. Not using the hook or not using mods is not the answer. Like I said, whats done is done.

I agree Mockers.. Techland hyped up the game with parkour as one of its main selling points. Every video or interview basically boasted about how great the feature was going to be. The parkour is great and I like it but it all goes out the window when you get the grappling hook. It should have never been added to the game. I don't care if it can be fun or not, It should have never been added to the game, it just doesn't fit well. It also seriously unbalances Be the Zombie game mode. Most of all It makes the parkour feature absolutely pointless no matter what mode you are playing. Notice how all the challenges tell you grapple hook is not allowed? Why not allow it if its in the game right.. Its because it makes the challenges too easy, It makes everything too easy. Yeah I was disappointed when I found out you could zoom around like spiderman, but what can you do.. Whats done is done. Same with the mods. No reason to even use any damage increasing mods when a blank unmodded weapon will one hit kill everything in its path. Nothing scales "except for you" which makes mods useless. If the weapons were less powerful, it would give us a reason to buff the damage up with mods. Not using the hook or not using mods is not the answer. Like I said, whats done is done.

ok its true, but sometimes in some situations , when i dont want to run 100 miles trough harran it is sometimes usefull that i can use the grappling hook for my travelling trough harran.....but i agree it kills often the parkour element, because it is a bit to unrealistic with the grappling hook, but i think techland added the grappling hook only for "dont be annoyed about traveling long times without a grappling hook".