Sign in to follow this  
sentinel_deco

April Fool Effect: Do We Need That?

I dont think that will be added .. that footage is of existing pc mods and if they are using up dev time to bring this ... id rather them just put out a fix to the gold weapons

well its on teh official youtube channel for dying light/techland and they are advertising it as happening so it looks like it will be added. 

i doubt it takes very much "dev time" if any at all to implement something as simple as this. what is it jus a single line of code that needs changing?? an it can probably be applied via a hotfix of some sort. so its not like its going to take up time that could be better spent elsewhere.  

from the yotube comments aswell it seems the extra tiny amount of time they invested to bring this small change for a quick bit of fun has actually paid off for them as it has meant more people are now going to buy the game an support techland as they feel its a good thing doing lil bits like this for the community and your game after release. i cant complain il wait an see wot happens its april fools afterall so this could jus be a joke although itd be 

^ The reason some people may complain is that they are using mods and this may overwrite thier changes. For example, I have dozens of altered files to make my game more hardcore (even when playing on hard mode) and realistic. So, to have these "Superman" powers, totally negates how I want to play. This should be an optional install, not a forced one. However, since I am on steam, I will just keep steam offline for the next couple days so it doesnt update to this patch tomorrow.

LB

Edited by LiquidBronze

^ The reason some people may complain is that they are using mods and this may overwrite thier changes. For example, I have dozens of altered files to make my game more hardcore (even when playing on hard mode) and realistic. So, to have these "Superman" powers, totally negates how I want to play. This should be an optional install, not a forced one. However, since I am on steam, I will just keep steam offline for the next couple days so it doesnt update to this patch tomorrow.

LB

A lot of the fun comes from invading, being invaded, meeting and playing with new random people. Must be so awesome cutting yourself off from the rest of the world, playing all alone just so you can use some mods. Regardless.. Anyone who uses mods should not be complaining at all, not one single bit. You already know before installing mods that the game is subject to change. Here are two things you should be doing since you want to phart around with mods. You should already have a shortcut to your DW folder on your desktop "not necessary but faster". Now, once you have all the mods added your data3.pak. You should also have copy made of your data3.pak file that contains all of the mods. That way if something goes wrong, you can just drag and drop a backup copy right back in and be ready to go in seconds. The last thing is.. Right click the modded pak file or files "dataEn.pak" and make them read only. This way nothing can modify changes to your modded pak files. I have been making my own mods for years and these are the things I do to avoid losing data. I also do the same with save files but I shouldn't have to be telling you that.

To the OP asking "do we need that"

Its only for April fools so this doesn't bother me at all. I have coop enabled, so this looks like it could be fun with a group "or even single player". Everyone having a different effect could make for some funny moments.

Edited by SoloCreep

A lot of the fun comes from invading, being invaded, meeting and playing with new random people. Must be so awesome cutting yourself off from the rest of the world, playing all alone just so you can use some mods. Regardless.. Anyone who uses mods should not be complaining at all, not one single bit. You already know before installing mods that the game is subject to change. Here are two things you should be doing since you want to phart around with mods. You should already have a shortcut to your DW folder on your desktop "not necessary but faster". Now, once you have all the mods added your data3.pak. You should also have copy made of your data3.pak file that contains all of the mods. That way if something goes wrong, you can just drag and drop a backup copy right back in and be ready to go in seconds. The last thing is.. Right click the modded pak file or files "dataEn.pak" and make them read only. This way nothing can modify changes to your modded pak files. I have been making my own mods for years and these are the things I do to avoid losing data. I also do the same with save files but I shouldn't have to be telling you that.

To the OP asking "do we need that"

Its only for April fools so this doesn't bother me at all. I have coop enabled, so this looks like it could be fun with a group "or even single player". Everyone having a different effect could make for some funny moments.

Did you know there are many people who enjoy the single player experience? Ever hear of a game called STALKER? All of the surivial games take some influence from STALKER and games like it. Since you are assuming things in your response, I am going to assume you are younger and have never had the experience of playing the best FPS single player games like Deus Ex series, STALKER series, HL series, System Shock series, etc... There are many people out there who don't care about multiplayer, so it must be awesome for you not knowing people actually enjoy the single player experience.

Also, I made some of the first mods out there for Dying light, go to the nexxus and search my name and upload dates, I don't need a lesson in modding, I have been modding games since the 90's.

LB

Edited by LiquidBronze

Yep dude....i always ONLY play single player......befor 15 years you only could play singleplayer, maybe LAN with my brother......but now when i hear all the kiddys playing coop.....no thx i stay with singleplayer.....and singleplayer is more challenge and creepy sometimes

Another vote here for single player. Coop for friends is OK, (LAN parties of old) but just a public game, now that is a chupacabra shoot. I will agree that you can meet some very good people in the gaming community, but there are a boat load of losers too.

@LiquidBronze, you had to bring up STALKER didn't you. :( What a great series of games and what a pity that there will probably never be a follow up from that team.

Did you know there are many people who enjoy the single player experience? Ever hear of a game called STALKER? All of the surivial games take some influence from STALKER and games like it. Since you are assuming things in your response, I am going to assume you are younger and have never had the experience of playing the best FPS single player games like Deus Ex series, STALKER series, HL series, System Shock series, etc... There are many people out there who don't care about multiplayer, so it must be awesome for you not knowing people actually enjoy the single player experience.

Also, I made some of the first mods out there for Dying light, go to the nexxus and search my name and upload dates, I don't need a lesson in modding, I have been modding games since the 90's.

LB

LOL your post made me laugh, maybe mine will also make you laugh. Not that it matters, I am 43 years old. I have played all those games and a couple of them were horrible "Deus EX" and some were great "HL". I do love single player games as much as the next person. But the coop in this game is too fun to give up for some mods "my opinion". I made a handful of my own mods for this game that I gave up using because the coop is more important to me. Aside from that, you disregarded that fact I was trying to help save your files. You let your pompous attitude "not pride" get in the way. You don't need a lesson in modding, really... Like I am supposed to know who the chupacabra you are. My last post wasn't aimed at your wannabe modding or your life. You just assumed it was and took it personal. Since you call yourself a modder, YOU should be more respectful of what Techland "or any other game company" wants to do with their game. No one gives a shlt if you get irritated every time a company wants to update/change their game "because you have to re-edit Techlands files again". Yes that's right, they're not your files". You should be grateful for the games, the updates, the contests and any other thing they might want to do for the community. 

PS: Modding since the 90's and that's all you can manage? A few simple tweaks? Now that you mention it, you could use a lesson or three..

"Pls solocreep and licuid bronze...stop it...for a 43 yo. It is to embarrassing to struggle in a game  forum only for "who is the best and doing it longer"...Arent you both to old for that? :("

You are correct sir, I digress.

Edited by LiquidBronze

Pls solocreep and licuid bronze...stop it...for a 43 yo. It is to embarrassing to struggle in a game  forum only for "who is the best and doing it longer"...Arent you both to old for that? :(

Yes. Yes we do need it... But as an option or a potion. To be able to toggle this on and off, or drink a potion for 5-10 minutes of hulk-like power would be wonderful!

Constantly on removes the challenge, but there again, so does simply playing the game. When you max out levels and have decent gear you are basically invincible anyway, so silly physics like this just makes it more entertaining to me a after maxing out.