Sign in to follow this  
MORD

Serious Gameplay Issue - Dodge Abuse

I don`t know if you have already met survivors abusing this mechanics. It`s getting worse and worse and more survivors seems to know this "technique".

The "technique" as simple as the most of survivor`s abilities - pressing direction key and a dodge key.

IN BTZ human`s basic way of movement is running. Humans have ability to dodge when THEY NEED TO DODGE - escaping hunter`s spits landing close to them for example.

Unfortunately recently this mechanics has started to be abused badly.

Let me describe what they do.

They start dodging when a hunter is approaching them - probably mini map distance - they dodge back and to the sides too. They use it basically to counter all hunter actions - spits, famous combo and ground pounds.

This is their basic way of movement during a fight. They use it more then running. Try to catch them..

Grapple hooks have got a cool down time for good reason - devs understand how they could be abused if there was no limit. Same logic should be applied to dodge abuse. They need a cool down time. Period.

Mord If they dodge they don't attack so claw them also moving with dodge is quite slow you can out manouver them. Also abuse all the chupacabra you can... they are so op anyways.

btw. maxed out human can thorow hook like once per two seconds without hitting a cool down for like half a minute or so. That ain't good example of well applied cooldown lol. I move faster than average hunter.

Since when hunter uses claws as primary attack? And how will you claw them when they keep dodging? It`s asking for getting killed mate. Don`t forget that hunter is weaker in cqc. Also I disagree that a doge is slow as in fact seems to be faster then running. How will you out maneuver them? Tendrils? Running towards them? Jumping? They spam this movement so in split second they can change their location. Yes. They can`t attack but they can keep dodging until you run out of your abilities and energy or you make mistake. They attack then. Ignoring this problem will not fix it. You will come back here when you meet them. Trust me. You are right about maxed human though - another thing that should be changed in BTZ.

EDIT. Maybe I should mention that I`m talking about PC. I`m not sure if it works the same on the consoles.

Edited by MORD

Im pc as well and there are almost mm lets see outta every 3 games i play 1 of them is got the human pro all out mechanic abuse glory. u know what i mean none stop dk chains none stop uv hunting non stop dodge because it can send any spit gp tackle ariel gp pounce w.e u wanna throw at them is instantly dodge or sent to the twilight zone its dumb humans need so major restriction expecailly in multi player i suggest taking all level 24 level perks out no max ranks no cheat skills we dont have unlimited anything but claws the never hit and do 1 to 2 damage with nighthunter boosters mmm ok seems fair right thing im seeing is devs dont give a chupacabra about hunter they want the humans to have complete dominance over this mode idk why its not really all that fun i did at first when things seems fair u know work at your movement then ur spits and ur combos n tackles i had so much fun when this came out because all these issue where not a known thing to every max leveled survivor but now its here to stay devs wont fix it and our pages n pages of complaints about humans will be ignored till they see a post of night hunter next patch it will get nerfed again no dout

Mord mark my words you are only weaker in cqc when drained to 0 energy. Although you mostly fight with yourself to not make a single mistake rather than mr. Uber soldat runner

They will be avoiding (dodging) a fight until your energy is drained. That`s a problem. And you know how easy is to lose it.

Dodge spam is a solution to almost everything  what can be dangerous to survivor.

It`s a method of ruining away from a hunter whilst still facing him with full access to defending/attacking human`s abilities.

They will be avoiding (dodging) a fight until your energy is drained. That`s a problem. And you know how easy is to lose it.

Dodge spam is a solution to almost everything  what can be dangerous to survivor.

It`s a method of ruining away from a hunter whilst still facing him with full access to defending/attacking human`s abilities.

i know and its garbage that the devs want balance and none spammable and abusive moves but again all these post over n over on the same issue and they dont read it i think these forums are just for the players to communicate i dont think they ever intended on using this for well game management to find the problems they so easily overlooked which would have been fixed if they even played the TBZ mod honestly i think beside the showcasing of it the devs and Techland in general didn't play this together and if they did it was a half assed level 1 human vs a hunter with no gear because the showcase was just terrible nothing like the game at all and yes thos damn uvs need a nerf people have been screaming that for months i mean think about 1v1 they can drain u 5 times before it even runs out iv checked this and have done it with a friend so think about it add 3 more thts 20 drains before any of them start there what .5s cooldown retarded we have a longer cooldown on the GP this game needs some nerfing and i hope the devs start reading these post for there next patch

Mord mark my words you are only weaker in cqc when drained to 0 energy. Although you mostly fight with yourself to not make a single mistake rather than mr. Uber soldat runner

i challenge you to kill me with claws when im rocking my night hunter booster it takes 100 hits to kill me then and i just need to hit you three times for your death 

without the booster one i hit you three times your dead you hit me like 5-10 times to kill me (if i dont use a medkit which i can do) 

I don`t know if you have already met survivors abusing this mechanics. It`s getting worse and worse and more survivors seems to know this "technique".

The "technique" as simple as the most of survivor`s abilities - pressing direction key and a dodge key.

IN BTZ human`s basic way of movement is running. Humans have ability to dodge when THEY NEED TO DODGE - escaping hunter`s spits landing close to them for example.

Unfortunately recently this mechanics has started to be abused badly.

Let me describe what they do.

They start dodging when a hunter is approaching them - probably mini map distance - they dodge back and to the sides too. They use it basically to counter all hunter actions - spits, famous combo and ground pounds.

This is their basic way of movement during a fight. They use it more then running. Try to catch them..

Grapple hooks have got a cool down time for good reason - devs understand how they could be abused if there was no limit. Same logic should be applied to dodge abuse. They need a cool down time. Period.

Sounds reasonable, I wouldn't mind having a cool down time after about every 3 dodges.

But then again the Hunter can walk with their ground pound ready, and that's kinda scary unless you got cat like reflexes to pull out your gun and light em' up or dropkick it. Walking backwards as a Human is not fast enough to get out of the ground pound range while the Hunter walking at you with it. So depending on how long the cool down is, it can be a problem I guess.

The Humans will have to be more tactical with their dodges and actually think I suppose.

EDIT:

Yeah maybe there should be cool down after about 3 dodges. 

Edited by Broko

If you talking about PC, then you should already know GP range is bigger than console, even dodging them will still get you GP'ed,

beside if they keep dodging then just watch them over, wait until they make mistake, they cant dodge when they are attacking the nest, they also cant dodge to attack,so use that moment for you to attack

if you know they are dodging player then dont use your spit carelessly, Get close to them and GP them from air and spit stick them, or when they try to DK you spit them, they cant dodge while DK

beside they cannot dodge in tight alley, there is probability to die when hunter make mistake, its the same as survivor, when they make mistake it can also cause their lives.

most of dodging player i see. didnt even use uv light when dodging, so i can just pounce them after i regain my energy

running from hunter is bad idea when they have full energy because hunter is way much faster and can pounce from distance, and did you even tried to run with looking back over your shoulder? its hard without knocking something,

what the dev need to fix is the Spit stick which sometime don't get activated when they are dodging and most of all the cheat who are destroying the fun of the game

They know GP distance and you wont get them with that. Hunter `s risen hands inform them and give them more then enough time to dodge to safe distance,

I repeat - they try to avoid getting close to you until they see opportunity to attack. They are more agile on the surface as they can dodge to the sides as well.

When you try to get close with the GP ready they uv you as long as they can and then they dodge again.They uv you if they stop dodging even for a second. You won`t pounce them.

Wait until they make mistake? That works both ways. But they have all their abilities ready to use and you have already used your spits and shield for example. 

GP from the air can also be avoided by dodging  - how? you have to choose a place to land. They see you and they know what`s going to happen. And they dodge.

It`s strange for me that you don`t even object to a clear abuse of dodging used by survivors as their main movement method.

I see you record for YT so maybe get some footage of 1v1 where human abuses dodging AS described by me. I`d love to learn something for sure.

Edited by MORD

You don`t need to walk backwards. You should run. Game offers you a perfect ability to look back over your shoulder when you run. You can even use a flash light if I`m not wrong.

this mans a genius plus yes humans need a complete rework

Edited by dasorrow

i challenge you to kill me with claws when im rocking my night hunter booster it takes 100 hits to kill me then and i just need to hit you three times for your death 

without the booster one i hit you three times your dead you hit me like 5-10 times to kill me (if i dont use a medkit which i can do) 

I dont use claws exclusively, challange accepted ;-P Challenge-Accepted-Meme.jpg

I posted about this on the third day of the new patch. I said it would be a growing problem when more survivors start to realize how easy and effective it is. Like I've said before it isn't impossible to kill survivors using this method but it is very hard and the majority of the time it requires the survivor to make several mistakes. ex: dodging into walls. On console this example still does not even guarantee a kill. Survivors just aren't punished enough for making mistakes or spam abuse. Anything 1v2+ that use this method decently is clearly overpowered. Higher CD reduction doesn't matter if you cant hit your targets. The few times I've won against a party using this method is by picking on the stragglers that are clearly not good at this. That isn't balanced.

Let me quote your ideas form mentioned post. It brings a lot of interesting ideas to this thread:

Quote:

Ideas:

- Shorten dodge distance or lengthen the time is takes to execute. I don't want dodge to be taken out, that would be silly. But its does need to be tweaked.

or

- Shorten spit explosion timer. You can dodge twice in the amount of time it takes to explode. You only need to dodge once to be out of the explosion.

or

- Put dodge and tackle counter on different keys. Having them on the same key takes out the whole "well timed" factor when it comes to dodging tackles. You should have to choose if you want to counter a tackle or a ground and pound.

or

- Quicken the hunters charged ground and pound walk speed. If you're going to let dodge spamming slide then at least give hunters something they can use consistently against it.

or

- Automatically shut off the UV flashlight during a dodge. To win a 1v1 you should have to time your moves not just spam them.

Let me quote your ideas form mentioned post. It brings a lot of interesting ideas to this thread:

Quote:

Ideas:

- Shorten dodge distance or lengthen the time is takes to execute. I don't want dodge to be taken out, that would be silly. But its does need to be tweaked.

or

- Shorten spit explosion timer. You can dodge twice in the amount of time it takes to explode. You only need to dodge once to be out of the explosion.

or

- Put dodge and tackle counter on different keys. Having them on the same key takes out the whole "well timed" factor when it comes to dodging tackles. You should have to choose if you want to counter a tackle or a ground and pound.

or

- Quicken the hunters charged ground and pound walk speed. If you're going to let dodge spamming slide then at least give hunters something they can use consistently against it.

or

- Automatically shut off the UV flashlight during a dodge. To win a 1v1 you should have to time your moves not just spam them.

lets add nerf uv light range and its time bieng active and cooldown duration another lets fix the missed pounce or tackle GP glitch and the animation effect where they can kill u and hit u in mid animation  human health spamming human flare spamming the spits disseapering act the guns need to do less damage no to say the hunter needs more health like 300 at tops because all humans have about 200 ect ect so much to go on about but ya games broken expecailly on pc

I playing a lot of both human and survivor and don't agree with most complaints hunters make. The devs do watch YouTube and do see the pro hunters doing just fine Utalizing what they got properly.

Dodge does not need a cool down. If they did that the night hunter would win 100% just by spamming moves because they do not use his stamina gauge. But I do think hunter need MORE abilities. This would help give the hunter a few more options to kill the humans and make hunters have a bit more fun.

Think about ballencing not raping. If one uses stamina and the other does not its bad. What needs to be done is lower the range on the uv and give the night hunter the ability to dodge and more abilities to kill Just like the human.

Edited by Strata_G_X