Sign in to follow this  
DoctorPurrington

Issues With Night Hunter's Claw Melee Not Dealing Damage?

Hey fellow Hunters, just wondering if anyone has come across this issue. barring a delay from being under the weather, I was working on a commentary video last night and noticed that, at a certain point, I connected with a Human at the tiniest sliver of health using my Claw Melee and dealt 0 damage. I was able to Tackle him for the kill shortly after, so damage should have been functioning normally on him. I'll post the video once it's completed.

I've had similar occurrences in previous matches, specifically one where 4 Claw Melees connected against a Human with a continuous 0 damage dealt on each one. Don't have that one on video, however.

Is the damage from Claw inconsistent? I've definitely gotten Claw Melees off on other Humans with a small chunk of health left and gotten the kill, but sometimes the "connect" sound can be heard and 0 damage is dealt. I don't go in for Claws unless I know 1-2 can finish the Human off, but the damage seems to not register on occasion.

Hunters/Humans/Devs, any thoughts?

Here is one that stands out for me. 2 tackles, a ground pound and then an unbelievable 8 claw attacks "they did connect". Yes I was the one who was killed.. Do I think he was cheating, no not at all. I killed him many other times with no problems. I have had other games where I have clawed and clawed after a tackle or a ground pound and they should be dead, but nothing happens.

This leads me to a couple of questions

Is the Night Hunter Booster that freaking good? In single player its god like.

Can the Night Hunter Booster and the Resistance Booster stack for even more damage mitigation?

Edited by SoloCreep

The damage resistance buff from the Night Hunter booster reduces the amount of damage you recieve from melee attacks (including the Night Hunters). It is something we are looking at in BTZ as it can be confusing for a hunter expecting a kill from claw attacks.

Thank you for the quick response, Pete!

I think the issue may be more with how "damage" appears in reference to the Human's health bar, rather than the actual amount of damage dealt (or reduced) while a Potion is active. I've no issue with Potions reducing damage, per say, just the thickness/thinness of the Human's remaining health possibly not registering correctly, encouraging Night Hunters to attack when there may/may not be an actual possibility of getting a kill in time.

I'll upload a video ASAP, but the instance I was referring to involved a health bar that was - quite literally - a sliver, with no reaction after a connected melee. It may be more of an issue with the health bar not appearing correctly to Night Hunters than an issue with Potions.

The only way I can see it as an issue with the Potions would be if they reduced the damage by a flat amount, causing the Night Hunter's basic Claw melee to simply do no damage. However, I don't know the specs, so let me know if you discover anything. Otherwise, I didn't mean to imply that I thought Potions needed a nerf of some kind.

Minus the duping, of course. :ph34r:

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is an issue I've noticed on a somewhat-regular basis. I currently only have the one recorded instance, but I've noticed the Claw melee failing to deal damage on a number of occasions.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

I believe it reduces the Hunter claw damage to 2 hit points so most likely it would appear to do nothing from the hunters perspective

Oh, wow, that... is indeed a very small number! Surprisingly small. Still, thank you for the clarification.

That certainly explains the issue - even if he was at 4-6 health, one swipe wouldn't kill. To a moving Hunter, that would definitely appear as if no damage was dealt.

Don't take away their Boosters. They will cry more

Explain why ground pounds don't connect at point blank after a failed Pounce.

We are looking at this too.  There is an issue with groundpound connecting if performed immediately after a failed pounce.  This is because there is a very small window where the Survivor is still in his "pounce interrupt" animation and cannot be affected by the groundpound.  The hunter gets control back as soon as he hits the ground to give him a chance to escape.  The most likely fix will be to add a small delay to when the ground pound can charge after an interrupt.  As fun as it might be for a hunter to chain a failed pounce into a ground pound every time, it would be abusive and no fun for the Survivor.  

this post again about abusing your only way to escape so suvivors can have more fun with you failing an obvious glitch in your game hahah if you dont want us cqc pete then why not rework the night hunter and make hit a ranged attacker and no more close moves like tackle pounce and gp

The Night hunter potion only works for melee attack, so GP, Tackle, Pounce damage is still the same, if it not for duping
 then this wont be a problem, since you only get one hunter gland for each win. so maybe first fix the duping exploit

i know from experience with the potion on it reduces damage to 2 hp at full hp you would have to hit me 100 times without me healing to actually kill me

A good survivor can dodge the GP after a failed pounce, it is indeed what most of the hunter do after a failed pounce, so a good survivor would except it and dodge.

what i would like to see is a fix for the GP spam

We are looking at this too.  There is an issue with groundpound connecting if performed immediately after a failed pounce.  This is because there is a very small window where the Survivor is still in his "pounce interrupt" animation and cannot be affected by the groundpound.  The hunter gets control back as soon as he hits the ground to give him a chance to escape.  The most likely fix will be to add a small delay to when the ground pound can charge after an interrupt.  As fun as it might be for a hunter to chain a failed pounce into a ground pound every time, it would be abusive and no fun for the Survivor.  

the hunter do have ranged attack, which is the spit, there are not many hunter who use this as a ranged atack but i saw a hunter who always keep the distance from the survivor, use the spit, and if the spit hit then get closer, he never do close combat except if necessary, i have fight with him in few games, and the strategy works since i never won against him since i cant hit him from a far

this post again about abusing your only way to escape so suvivors can have more fun with you failing an obvious glitch in your game hahah if you dont want us cqc pete then why not rework the night hunter and make hit a ranged attacker and no more close moves like tackle pounce and gp

The Night hunter potion only works for melee attack, so GP, Tackle, Pounce damage is still the same, if it not for duping

then this wont be a problem, since you only get one hunter gland for each win. so maybe first fix the duping exploit

A good survivor can dodge the GP after a failed pounce, it is indeed what most of the hunter do after a failed pounce, so a good survivor would except it and dodge.

what i would like to see is a fix for the GP spam

the hunter do have ranged attack, which is the spit, there are not many hunter who use this as a ranged atack but i saw a hunter who always keep the distance from the survivor, use the spit, and if the spit hit then get closer, he never do close combat except if necessary, i have fight with him in few games, and the strategy works since i never won against him since i cant hit him from a far

its impossible to hit spit from a distance or at lest close to it because of the dodge glitch they can just jump or dodge and it sends it to another dimension we have a topic on this as well and furthermore what u just said is he doesnt get close unless it connects then what he tred in circles around u hoping uv block n horde derp spit will kill u lmao dont be ridiculous this doesnt happen if anything the spit goes off he moves in for the kill which is WHAT CQC NO WAY so dont cry about the 1 outta 4 moves we get and outta the 4 2 are usefull somewhat when human have billion things wrong with them humans need to be getting some major nerfs

Yes they can dodge. but the survivor is not always moving. they are not moving when they hitting the nest. when they are fighting the zombie, they also dont move when a demolition hit you with his big hammer. and they cant dodge if the spit is stuck on them

its impossible to hit spit from a distance or at lest close to it because of the dodge glitch they can just jump or dodge and it sends it to another dimension we have a topic on this as well and furthermore what u just said is he doesnt get close unless it connects then what he tred in circles around u hoping uv block n horde derp spit will kill u lmao dont be ridiculous this doesnt happen if anything the spit goes off he moves in for the kill which is WHAT CQC NO WAY so dont cry about the 1 outta 4 moves we get and outta the 4 2 are usefull somewhat when human have billion things wrong with them humans need to be getting some major nerfs

Edited by RMJ

again rmg you have not been reading the forums theres already a post with multiple vids of the dodge sending GP SPIT and SPITSLAM into another dimension you dont read all the forums do you and yes even if they are stand still the constant survivor sences lets the constantly know when u are gonna stike even spit when i start to charge alot people just side there n dodge around expecting it maybe your on console because sounds like it when i play on that nobody had a clue what they were doing and it was ps4 

DoctorPurrington thats recent cheats for you. plus infinity of hp/flashlight, speed hacks, flying, aimbot and all that nonsense.

Hey Cypeq, I never really thought it was cheats, I just assumed it was a glitch. Pete pointed out the issue, so my questions been pretty much answered. No cheats here, thankfully! I'm also on console - there aren't any speed/UV/aimbot hacks there.

kid is mad AF and cheatllwin is a scrub get off the forums everytime you post u have no facts no nothing just opinions

Yeah i was quite mad that day... Out of 6 games I sqeezed in I had 4 with lousy cheaters

console cant cheat yet btw just duping and well mechanic abusers which isnt cheating its just using the devs chupacabra ups against you so if your gonna be mad be mad at the people who made the game and should be keeping up with the balancing and issue seems there only desire is to keep people for dlc for single player things i dout anything good will come to BTZ for a long time and if u are not playing pc there is no cheats for it