Sign in to follow this  
Broko

Problems With The Hunter

I think there needs to be a longer cool down before it recharges. I played a match the other day where this guy only ever used about 20% of the UV light at a time because that was more than enough to drain my energy and then recharge back to 100% before I even got all my energy back.

If it took longer too recharge people would think twice about just constantly draining a night hunters energy because one of those times he'll get his energy back before they do and pounce them.

In the current state survivors can make one life last forever with barely any effort put into it.

I've always been surprised it comes back at all in that life.

You know I'm pretty rational, Other, but there really isn't any punishment at the moment for depleting the UV Light. If the light actually depletes, someone's doing something wrong.

I don't think it will be that much of a deterrent if it didn't come back at all (in that life, of course). Human players would simply adapt to reserving it for Pounce-Cancels and the like, rather than wielding it as a weapon. The only reason it even runs out is because Humans know it's abuseable. If the option was taken away, it would hamper UV abuse without really affecting skilled Humans at all. I don't believe the UV Light has ever run out while I was playing as a Human - it really shouldn't.

There's a difference between a real and balanced game.

The UV is used for more than just interrupting pounces from the Hunter. It is also used to suppress the aggression of a Hunter. If the UV light had a limit per life or even at all it would break the balancing of the multiplayer. 

If there were to be a solution to abusing the UV light it would have to do with the recharge time, range, or duration of it. That is if it needs to be balanced at all, most of the balancing factors are constantly overlooked by the community.

The UV is used for more than just interrupting pounces from the Hunter. It is also used to suppress the aggression of a Hunter. If the UV light had a limit per life or even at all it would break the balancing of the multiplayer. 

If there were to be a solution to abusing the UV light it would have to do with the recharge time, range, or duration of it. That is if it needs to be balanced at all, most of the balancing factors are constantly overlooked by the community.

And what about the aggression of the humans?  Once again.  A bias survivor spewing chupacabra to defend his OP UV light...

Edited by Chaos_Deception
swearing

And what about the aggression of the humans?  Once again.  A bias survivor spewing chupacabra to defend his OP UV light...

The aggression of Humans can only be suppressed by changing the attributes of the UV light. That is the main source of Human aggression, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be nerfed. I wouldn't mind it though.

There are plenty of ways to stop an agressive Human. What don't you understand?

As I said before most balancing factors are overlooked by the community 

Just like when Humans were upset over losing OHKO weapons and OHKO Nest-kills, this is simply an instance where people don't realize how little it will affect competitive play until it happens.

The "recharge" rate of the UV Light shouldn't be nerfed. Humans die without the light. They should have it available to them as often as possible, as long as they aren't doing something blatantly wrong, or are using it too much as a sword and not enough as a shield. Using it as a shield is "suppressing the aggression of the Hunter," and I'm all for that. That's why I said, "and the like." Using it as a weapon is only possible because their are no consequences to abusing it.

Similar to duping Flares; only abuseable because, "Why care about wasting them when I have 800,000?" Flares wouldn't have needed a cooldown if people had to make them. The UV Light won't need a "nerf" if you can't use it infinitely.

As I mentioned, the only reason the UV Light runs out is because Humans know it can without consequence. If the light never came back, you would never let it run out. If the light runs out, the sheer amount of time relative to Human gameplay is staggering. I'm honestly shocked when I hear it short-circuit in BtZ matches. That's a "hold down the button, it doesn't matter" mentality that doesn't belong in the game.

I don't quite get what you meant by "There's a difference between a real and balanced game." Are you saying the game can't be balanced? If so, that's just silly.

I'm all for the UV Light only returning upon death if it has been depleted. I stand by the statement that if you actually let that thing run out, you're doing something wrong.

The aggression of Humans can only be suppressed by changing the attributes of the UV light. That is the main source of Human aggression, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be nerfed. I wouldn't mind it though.

Looks like you're only choosing to ignore certain things because you know you'll start losing if they change something.

It's kinda sad.

You say this but you never explain what it is that's being overlooked or how to overcome something. Your argument would hold more weight if you explain your points properly instead of just saying "it's possible."

You say this but you never explain what it is that's being overlooked or how to overcome something. Your argument would hold more weight if you explain your points properly instead of just saying "it's possible."

So many things are overlooked, here are some examples:

• How long it takes to drain a Hunter's energy
  • The amount of zombies that around a nest
  • The damage zombies take before they die
  • The range in which pounces can be initiated
  • Pouncing clipping problems
  • Clawing Humans that are surfaced while in the water
  • Amount of time between ground pounds
  • Time it takes for the Hunter's abilities to charge
  • Distance of upgraded tackles
  • The enviornment

There are many more examples but these are the ones I think are not realized when people comment about balancing the game. And yes there are some balancing factors for the Human too. In this topic I'm just stating some Problems with the Hunter, but people want to talk about Humans on a topic that's supposed to be about the Hunter.

None of those are issues except maybe the night hunters body going through corners but that's an animation problem. Everything else is easily countered or just so rare that it doesn't affect balanced at all (why are you that close to him near the water in the first place?).

Watch this video and then tell me how many of these issues are actually stopping this guy from dominating.

Make sure to watch his other videos as well.

None of those are issues except maybe the night hunters body going through corners but that's an animation problem. Everything else is easily countered or just so rare that it doesn't affect balanced at all (why are you that close to him near the water in the first place?).

Watch this video and then tell me how many of these issues are actually stopping this guy from dominating.

such a broken mechanic on that DFA kill, already fell yet hit at sideways angle as Hunter had jumped higher.

Then the drop kick angle was no where near the spike was readjusted on the last kill

such a broken mechanic on that DFA kill, already fell yet hit at sideways angle as Hunter had jumped higher.

Then the drop kick angle was no where near the spike was readjusted on the last kill

I know man.

Look at this one :

2:34 he drop kicks through a ground pound. It's not lag, drop kick beats ground pound.

Edit: also notice how he never worries about the zombies around the nest. Most of the time he's running right past them since they do little damage with nh potions, even on hard mode.

Edited by jcks

I know man.

Look at this one :

2:34 he drop kicks through a ground pound. It's not lag, drop kick beats ground pound.

Edit: also notice how he never worries about the zombies around the nest. Most of the time he's running right past them since they do little damage with nh potions, even on hard mode.

6:04 - 99 Night Hunter Potions.

Nothing else matters after that, haha. Just another duper.

Upon further inspection, same with the other video. What a loser.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

Yeah both videos are the same guy. I've played him twice now, he's a clever survivor. It's just he also abuses the hell out of nh potions giving him an automatic advantage for every match.

Judging by his other videos I'm probably one of the few hunters that actually give him trouble from time to time.

What if I yold you...that you can have 99+ leg!t...its just 1 hunter gland and 1 alcohol....before the patch 1 win was 1 hunter gland guaranteed...

BTW im not saying that he dont exploit the kurczak glitch...im saying that 99+ nh potions are posible

What if I yold you...that you can have 99+ leg!t...its just 1 hunter gland and 1 alcohol....before the patch 1 win was 1 hunter gland guaranteed...

BTW im not saying that he dont exploit the kurczak glitch...im saying that 99+ nh potions are posible

Yeah but when people pop as many of them in a match as dupers do it makes no sense. If you're using 10 NH potions per match then that's 10 matches you need to go without using any at all so it balances itself out.

I find it highly unlikely that someone has saved up 99+ legit NH potions, especially considering how heavily people who duped them rely on it to win. If you got 99+ stacked up from just winning all the time then you probably don't need or want to use it in the first place.

Edited by jcks

The Hunter in that video doesn't look experienced at all. It's a lot different when there's only one Human because the regeneration of the spits and UV Block are really slow.

Those problems I listed do matter. It plays small or big role in balancing and what to fix.

The Hunter in that video doesn't look experienced at all. It's a lot different when there's only one Human because the regeneration of the spits and UV Block are really slow.

Those problems I listed do matter. It plays small or big role in balancing and what to fix.

I hope they give the hunter his time to shine like they did the survivors.  So everyone like you quits playing.

His experience doesn't matter. Out of all the things you listed only 3 directly relate to the hunters experience, 2 of which are easily countered.

I specifically chose this video for the these reasons you stated: that zombies around the nests are a problem, the environment is a problem, and the hunters energy draining rate is a problem.

You can see from the beginning that he has no problem keeping the hunters energy drained.

He also destroyed 4 nests without ever worrying about the zombies around them thanks to flares and nh potions. He even fights and kills the night hunter one on one while zombies are chasing him the whole time. They don't sound like an issue to me but rather just an annoyance.

Lastly the environment worked in his favor the whole time. The canisters he used to one shot volatile spawns, the barrels lying around the map that he uses to kill hunters in the second video, and the spike traps which he's able to initiate an unavoidable dropkick and kill the night hunter even through a ground pound as shown in the second video. If the hunter did the same thing with tackle his tackle would be avoided and he would lunge right into the spikes and die. Survivors never have to worry about that.

survivors need a punishment system for how they play just like the night hunter dodgeable DK and DFA and if they miss they should die or get put in a very bad spot

Aren't you the guy that make a thread the other day saying goodbye and blah blah blah "im going to play gta v"?

I could care less about the balancing at this point unless it helps me find games quicker. Let's be real, it's not lack of Hunters searching. it's lack of people allowing invasion.

They didn't turn it off because the Hunter is so easy to defeat, they're bored with the mode. The concept just lacks incentive.

I quit till a patch or the DLC comes but I highly doubt it helps this Game Mode. Not Dying Light as a whole