Sign in to follow this  
Broko

Problems With The Hunter

Ever notice when your Hunter side and use a ground pound on the breakable roofs, you can hear Virals screaming ready to break out but they never come. Given Humans can use their environment to survive like blowing up Gas tanks and setting car traps. Hunters need some tool like this to generate more opportunities for reckless / aggressive offense.

Broko as it stands, the Humans are on the Offensive too often. In part due to having No Urgency Imposed on them to Destroy the Nests (Eg: A Time Limit)

Personally I beleive this is an Aspect of the Gameplay that would Benifit from such Changes.

Ideas and Inspiration Speak Volumes and get Results. Without Ideas from the Comunity we would not have had the changes and Updates that have been made to Dying Light and BTZ.

Please don't be so quick to dismiss My Ideas. As can You really say for sure whether it would work or not when it has not been Tested.

The same can be said for other Users Ideas posted thoughout the Forums.

I understand that some play styles are used more than another but that shouldn't be a reason to suppress it with a time limit. There are many ways a Hunter can defend themselves from an aggressive Human. There's strategy involved in this game and it seems that people do not want to think it through when playing BTZ. 

I can go on and on about this, but I believe there are better ways to deal with this if it's really that big of an issue.

Running after the night hunter actively trying to kill him isn't a playstyle, it's strategy to a certain degree. It has nothing to do with destroying nests. A playstyle would be how you play the game to complete the objective i.e. killing zombies around nest the before attacking it or using gas tanks to destroy volatile spawns in one hit.

If you're playing a racing game and decide to turn around and ram into other drivers then you can't call that a playstyle. Sure you're stopping the opponent from reaching the goal before you but you aren't getting any closer yourself.

I understand that some play styles are used more than another but that shouldn't be a reason to suppress it with a time limit. There are many ways a Hunter can defend themselves from an aggressive Human. There's strategy involved in this game and it seems that people do not want to think it through when playing BTZ. 

I can go on and on about this, but I believe there are better ways to deal with this if it's really that big of an issue.

There's a difference between strategy and simply not being able to do anything because you're crippled by a light 24/7 while 2 other hunters smack nests.

Strategy means you have a chance if you do something right.

This game means if you do something right, you get crippled and die for it.  This game was HORRIBLY made.

Actually, if I can chime in, I don't think Chaos has a bad idea there at all.

As the game is now, a Human who isn't actively going for the nests is either acting as a distraction for fellow Humans or not playing the game correctly, and in neither situation should confrontations last very long. Tying in UV Light usage (with that usage # resetting upon death and Nest destruction) points Humans in the right direction and would make for much shorter, less troll-ridden games.

The numbers don't have to be anything small - just enough to keep people from thinking, "I can just play around. I don't need to go for the Nests."

As it is now, there's simply zero punishment for abusing the UV Light to the point of depletion. That "wild abandon" playstyle would change if it only returned after death/Nest kills. And, honestly, if the UV Light is actually depleted, the Human's doing something wrong. There's no reason to slam down on the button for that long except the mindset of "Why not? It'll come right back." It's no better than, "Why not use 200+ flares? I have 800,000," and that was dealt with in a smart manner.

As I said before, I believe that there are better ways around this "trolling period" or aggressive Humans. As for the abuse of UV light it would be better to but a longer recharge time than to just cancel it all out together for a life.

A Hunter can just Spiderman around while getting UV'd and distracting the Human thus letting the Human waste their UV light usage. Then boom free kill for the Hunter! It would make the multiplayer one sided with a simple tactic like that. (If Chaos' idea were implemented about the UV Lights limitation)

If you try to conserve it then the Hunter will get aggressive and force the Human to waste it.

But I understand it's just a suggestion and it hasn't been tested, so I'm just stating what can happen with his idea. I don't think it's a good idea but that's just my opinion. Maybe they'll take both are concerns and suggestions into consideration.

And this topic isn't even about the Human's problems, it's about the issues and problems with the Hunter. Why is everyone getting off topic?

I agree if that what chaos deception said as added the humans would have no means of offense and on the other hand the hunters can abuse that rule and keep swooping in on the humans and force them to use their uv Rays and as we all know it doesn't matter how many times the hunter dies hes not limited to a number of lives like a survivor.

But there is limited of nest.

Horde spit is completely negated by camouflage/cloak potions. The only time it's effective is against people who don't know this or those who can't get it off in time.

It also highly negated in old town. There are escape routes every where. Some nest are actually on the roofs which totally make it useless. Unless you get close enough to ground pound or tackle someone. Which hard to do on short roof tops and will be almost suicide.

no chupacabra this skill should just be a damaging skill shot if it hits or explodes near people downs them unless in an animation effect it should almost kill them and force cooldown all medkits for 10seconds

If You get Tackled off a Roof. You should be locked into a Freefall State until You Hit the Ground.

The same as when The Night Hunter is Drop Kicked off a Roof He is Animation Locked until He Hits the Ground.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

Incorrect. If the Night Hunter attempts a mid air Pounce after a Tackle or Ground Pound The Human can retaliate with a UV Interupt and then use the Grapnel.

I don't believe mid air Recoveries was an intended Mechanic.

exactly 

I agree.  25 seconds on the UV light would balance more.  If they also touched up on the recharge time from not depleting.  It makes ZERO sense that a UV light recharges it's battery at night THAT fast or even AT ALL.

I'm just saying when it's fully depleted it should take 25 seconds to recharge and when survivors spam the uv Ray it should deplete at a normal rate as if your just using it, but at the same time I think to make it fair the hunters ground pound shouldn't wipe out the flares ....another thing the devs need to do something about the survivors spamming flares

^ thats way too much xD

I've always been surprised it comes back at all in that life.

You know I'm pretty rational, Other, but there really isn't any punishment at the moment for depleting the UV Light. If the light actually depletes, someone's doing something wrong.

I don't think it will be that much of a deterrent if it didn't come back at all (in that life, of course). Human players would simply adapt to reserving it for Pounce-Cancels and the like, rather than wielding it as a weapon. The only reason it even runs out is because Humans know it's abuseable. If the option was taken away, it would hamper UV abuse without really affecting skilled Humans at all. I don't believe the UV Light has ever run out while I was playing as a Human - it really shouldn't.