Sign in to follow this  
Broko

Problems With The Hunter

The hunter has more to panic about than the "survivors". They should really switch the names in this situation. Hunter is now the "survivor" And the human is the hunter.

Dude xD we are the protagonists of this movie, is written in the history, had you ever watched:

Predator

Alien

Terminator

World War Z

Cowboys vs Aliends (lol)

Zombieland

Dr.House...oh wait

Anyway xD the Humans are supposed to win, happy ending bro, We are Mario and you guys are Don King Kong...and Harran is our Princess xD

And yes, I became aware that Broko meant it is impossible to avoid a pounce lock. He is more or less correct that it is unavoidable if executed properly, but I also wanted to demonstrate that it's not disastrous if he does get hit with a spit via pounce animation, seeing as his complaint seemed to also stem from his plausible frustration in dealing with it (how I interpreted it at least. He can correct me if I am wrong). 

This is a good point to focus on. Regardless of how "unavoidable" the combo may or may not be, it's a wasted effort on the Hunter's part if it doesn't result in a kill. This tactic can only be used once per cycle of regenerated Spits and uses up two of the Hunter's three main abilities. Once it's done, if it doesn't work, the Hunter is open to assault, as the Human pretty much knows he doesn't have any UV Spits left.

Alright here are some videos on how to effectively counter a UV spit pounce lock. It's important to keep in mind that even if you get hit with a UV spit, it's not the end of the world.

As you see in the first video, I landed my spit but a missed GP spells doom for a Hunter, which in my case came in the form of DK and spikes. I had my revenge in the end though by tackling him into his own propane tank! 

Here is another where I land my spit but he simply flares up and creates a wall of UV light. I can risk GPing in, but likely he'll just dodge away.

Once you've learned to counter a pounce lock, it becomes an uphill battle for a Hunter.

I know there's a way to avoid death after the trick, but what I'm saying is that the spit is unavoidable if executed correctly!! Automatic disadvantages like that shouldn't be in the game is what I'm saying. There is no possible way to avoid the spit with the trick if it's done correctly.

Just the fact that it's possible to execute this unavoidable technique is balanced.

exactly that's why i hope the dev somehow fix that in the next update along with the ground pound spam, and for the human i dont mind if they reduce the range of survivor sense (not the duration since in 4vs1 is not enough as is)

I know there's a way to avoid death after the trick, but what I'm saying is that the spit is unavoidable if executed correctly!! Automatic disadvantages like that shouldn't be in the game is what I'm saying. There is no possible way to avoid the spit with the trick if it's done correctly.

Just the fact that it's possible to execute this unavoidable technique is balanced.

exactly that's why i hope the dev somehow fix that in the next update along with the ground pound spam, and for the human i dont mind if they reduce the range of survivor sense (not the duration since in 4vs1 is not enough as is)

you guys expect Hunters to continue playing if they limit him more than as is? Just turn your invasions off period

Honest question...if all of you were Devs...how will you fix or balance the spit + pounce? Lets help the devs

first fix broken Survivor issues , main being Noise drawing Virals if your using gas tanks and guns to destroy nest.

Well Hunter's can see exactly where Humans are from a far range (without zombie blood). The Human's sense doesn't exactly tell you the Hunter's location and direction. I think it's fine the way it is now.

Honest question...if all of you were Devs...how will you fix or balance the spit + pounce? Lets help the devs

1. Spits taking away energy while in UV Block mode only. (So you won't be able to pounce right after)
  2. Spits have a longer delay until explosion in UV Block mode only. (I wouldn't want this but if it's the last resort then yikes!)
  3. A delay in being able to pounce right after a spit in UV Block mode only. (Taking away the ability to get the spit trick every time)

I think the first one is the better option. Just ideas though.

ahahah this dude's trolling for real

you play Hunter 1v1 with slow spit regeneration vs some one aggressively attacking nest. There's no way to play defense if your vs competent Human. Tackles and GP are easily countered. 5 nests, 10 Lives. Guess who wins

you play Hunter 1v1 with slow spit regeneration vs some one aggressively attacking nest. There's no way to play defense if your vs competent Human. Tackles and GP are easily countered. 5 nests, 10 Lives. Guess who wins

I agree with you on that, I hope they speed it up maybe a little bit. After all, it is still just one Human with no one to revive him.

• Spits taking away energy while in UV Block mode only. (So you won't be able to pounce right after)
  • Spits have a longer delay until explosion in UV Block mode only. (I wouldn't want this but if it's the last resort then yikes!)
  • A delay in being able to pounce right after a spit in UV Block mode only. (Taking away the ability to get the spit trick every time)
I think the first one is the better option. Just ideas though.
Best idea so far, the #1 option sounds very good, #3 is not good, remember this mode have a 4vs1, you can try spit 1 human and pounce other...

Pete this idea looks good ^_^

Edited by No_Other_xD

Best idea so far, the #1 option sounds very good, #3 is not good, remember this mode have a 4vs1, you can try spit 1 human and pounce other...

Pete this idea looks good ^_^

Whatever works though

Dont worry i'm sure they will balance it on the human side too. glitch need to be fixed or it will get exploited

Hunter shouldn't capable to GP spam (like in one screenshot i posted here before.. the guy do 84 GP in 16 minutes match.. thats about 5 GP every minute, in 2 vs 1 mind you.

and 70 of them are connected since hunter can just run 1-2 feet + jump + GP and repeat until the human dies. and no, dodging doesn't work (at least it's doesn't works on PC)

and yes i will continue playing as hunter too not just survivor

you guys expect Hunters to continue playing if they limit him more than as is? Just turn your invasions off period

depend on the hunter too, if they are good then they could still win, in all of my games as hunter i think i only lose 3-4 times in 1vs1 and that is a against a REALLY GOOD survivor,

but i agree 1 vs 1 is unbalance a bit for the hunter. maybe they need to add one more nest in 1 vs 1 and couple more zombie or faster the spit regeneration a bit,

since if you play against a good survivor some i think its better to die so you can get the spit back rather than waiting them to regenerate :D

My original clip where it happened during a match was in a twitch video that I didn't save so I tried to recreate it with No_Other_xD.

This does not work however when you're falling or dodging off a ledge. I'll say it was a latency issue with the first guy who did it to me as he was walking off a ledge.

EDIT:

Also here's a horde evasion video while we're at it

Edited by jcks

anyone else notice the crouch glitch if you just crouch on a gp spit or spit stick it just disseapers and btw pc you can dodge gp just jump or time the dodge ur bad rmg stop talking about nerfing the hunter when in reality hes underpowered and half his moves dont work they are brokens and other half are just uselesss because of the billions of counters a human can spam focus on humans for now they are the only ones that needs a nerfing right now

Edited by dasorrow

My original clip where it happened during a match was in a twitch video that I didn't save so I tried to recreate it with No_Other_xD.

This does not work however when you're falling or dodging off a ledge. I'll say it was a latency issue with the first guy who did it to me as he was walking off a ledge.

EDIT:

Also here's a horde evasion video while we're at it

The situation is different in my video. As in being ground pounded off a building and being tackled.

Your video shows how to dodge it while jumping or in the air technically.

Yes Spit stick sometime didn't do anything it happens to me couple of times in my last game, it was 4 vs 1 and the survivor is really good they focus only on the nest and keep a tight group. i get killed often i almost giving up (3 nest left and they still have 7 lives) but i keep trying and manage to scatter them and kill them one by one. in the end i win the match with i die 6 times and 2 and half nest left

so if you keep losing as a hunter maybe you need to learn more and dont easily give up, and beside i didn't say i dont want the human get nerf

anyone else notice the crouch glitch if you just crouch on a gp spit or spit stick it just disseapers and btw pc you can dodge gp just jump or time the dodge ur bad rmg stop talking about nerfing the hunter when in reality hes underpowered and half his moves dont work they are brokens and other half are just uselesss because of the billions of counters a human can spam focus on humans for now they are the only ones that needs a nerfing right now

you probably need to watch his video again.. what broko means in his video is he got tackled in the air after he got ground pounded off a building (also happen to me once)

your video doesn't show anything beside it's possible to avoid tackle on top of a  building, but not in mid air

You can't connect a tackle after a ground pound. They don't combo together.

And that was the point of the video, to show how to dodge in the air which you said wasn't possible.

Edited by RMJ

you probably need to watch his video again.. what broko means in his video is he got tackled in the air after he got ground pounded off a building (also happen to me once)

your video doesn't show anything beside it's possible to avoid tackle on top of a  building, but not in mid air

The first one was on the ground not on a building.

I now know what happen in Broko video...is the lack of animation between tackle and ground pound...when a Survivor get tackle, he cant do anything, even in mid air, because of the animation that he is on his back, the ground pound animation send the Survivor a few feet back and then even in mid air he can get his position back, i mean, normal stand, a easy fix is give the ground pound the same animation of launch like the tackle

Sorry for my weird english, is not my main language xD most of you already know it

Edited by No_Other_xD

nevermind, putting the same animation is not the best thing because of the ground pound spam...if every time that the Hunter ground pound the Survivor is in the animation of the tackle...will be a easy kill for the Hunter

Hunter problems with meatbags.

-Jump kick unavoidable

-Death from above unavoidable - instant death

-Death from above initiated from tackle dodge unavoidable - instant death. (and completely retarded)

-Death from above on zombie in water.

-Tackleslash

-Dodging stuck spits

-Horde evasion

Missing ground pound... the skill hunter must use several dozens of times each game - instant death unavoidable.

Edit: Myself and other people suggested cooldown based rework for ground pound.

Eease of spotting explosive barrels - instant death unaviodable.

Nests in places that are easy to destroy and impossible to defend.

I am experienced zombie player and every game I die mostly due to missed ground pounds, DoA and barrels.

If you want balance start with humans then have all capabilities of the hunter and higher damage output.

Edited by Cypeq