Sign in to follow this  
Broko

Problems With The Hunter

WTF guys, this is just embarrasing. Every time someone posts a post wanting changes to a human you go invading his thread with everything that's wrong with the hunter. I've seen it on multiple posts. it's off-topic and not what the OP wants to talk about. I too think the zombie is somewhat unbalanced. but the devs will defnitiely not listen to rabid dogs that can't accept a single other opinion on the forum!

I think he's talking about changes to the night hunter, specifically ground pound and spit confirm. All responses so far have been on topic in that regard.

WTF guys, this is just embarrasing. Every time someone posts a post wanting changes to a human you go invading his thread with everything that's wrong with the hunter. I've seen it on multiple posts. it's off-topic and not what the OP wants to talk about. I too think the zombie is somewhat unbalanced. but the devs will defnitiely not listen to rabid dogs that can't accept a single other opinion on the forum!

whats embarrassing is someone ranting when they got info wrong :)

@ Broko

Yikes, with regards to the tackling, I don't see that often, but like darkwolfcub mentioned it's likely an issue with latency. The tackling around the edges of water is a nifty trick, but one that is very circumstantial and therefore limited in use. Still I agree that it should get fixed nonetheless.

The issue with pounce locking aka uv block+spit+pounce is avoidable with decent practice. It may just seem overwhelming in the first few encounters. Like people here have suggested avoid tight areas that limit your Survivors movement and dodging abilities and you'll be fine. Be weary of confined areas because if I were the hunter that's when I would strike to capture you in a pounce lock, followed by ground pounds. Even then though, it's a risk for a Hunter to gp because a Survivor is still > then a Hunter in melee and a missed GP = likely death.

This mod really is garbage atm considering humans have billions of options and in all honesty a hunter has three pounce uvspit and horde spit. first off GP is USELESS dont sit here and say its op because its garbage even after a successful GP ur still punished with a staggering 2 to 3 second animation that even when u connect the humans can still hit you WHILE in mid GP animation so even when they are flying back you can still get hit long as they are swinging as it start and when they"FALL" they just get up instantly in your face this is if u actually hit the GP ok lets say you dont insta death the animation for a fail stick your camera to the ground so getting away is almost impossible because like a missed tackle you will just start treding the ground and die but most time getting away isnt and option if you miss its death plain simple u die if you miss ok lets see humans there GP with double handed weapons HIT 100 percent of the time long as u are in there radius and even if your not on the ground lets say treding away it still connects and sends u into a little stun not only that the whirlwind as amazing lenght bad enough if kinda staggers you but to be able to just use this constant spin of death when u pounve them insta uv light more spin spam ok sound fair. lets talk about our next so called move tackle as a hunter ok this almost never works and its draw backs are just as bad as a missed gp with a successful tackle they go idk so many feet back but still blast u with uv light flares weapon throws Molotov ect ect meaning even in hit they can still function and like i said before if u miss your dead u look at the ground and your forced to give a little time before u can even look up again or in a good direction to get away fair right.Human there tackles are lock on will almost always hit and clings to you for dear life so that finishing you is a simple as pulling out a gun n two shotting you.ok well lets go with your spits hmmm horde spit USELESS AS chupacabra zombies that derp out when someone gets above ground level and even then if there is 2 or more impossible to get him back on the ground with the uv lights. Horde spit does nothing its rare that i even geta kill with this only time i do if they are to panicked to look at me n try to get to a high place but again rarely works when u can do 180 uv lights in an instant reversal.so lets go to uv spit ok the length of this is extremely low buy the time i take care of the typical 3 uv flares that get spammed out iv got no energy because it takes about 5to 6 seconds for it to charge but the spits already over so there blasting you with uv light again so this move is almost pointless as well if they figured out jus throw so flares around you and he cant get the kill move ooo so hard so much effort renders all ur spits useless. ok well lets see ur claw attack magnetis you as well so if u ever use a melee or charge your gp near someone seeing it does have a cool down with the pre swipe and the staggering animation u use your pulled into the human so they can kill you if not before in mid animation or during and after because of the weapon has invisable 10ft of length to there weapons so now i cant even get mildly close to the humans because the devs stupid chupacabra hit boxs instead of using framework because there lazy. UV lights these chupacabra things can drain your engery 5 times before they go out not only that the cooldowns insane after being blasted with it the can have it up again from cooldown before your energy returns to even be able to take advantage of this mistake wow so even if they do abuse it NPhalf second cooldown and the range wow wtf devs want night hunter to not be cqc but u give the human a disabling weapon that has no cooldown pretty much infinite range and a grappling hook after 25 u can spam chase when u dont want hunter to be cqc ya great mechanics devs. DFA DK WEAPON THROW all their animations take no effort no trying and just locks on to your character with ease this is stupid seeing that all of our moves have just massive drawbacks and even when we hit them off there all cqc or put u in cqc so that these unavoidable moves just get abused no tactics no skill no effort. dont even get me on the survivor sense thats idiotic hunter does so much to tell you were he is not bad enough he glows on his own without the survivor sense being spammed none stop this needs a cooldown or be removed. camo grappling hook uv flares any flares in general any items in general such as healthpacks uv light all need a universal cooldown that make spamming items impossible id say 5 second cooldown on all items thats not unfair seeing a full drained hunter needs about 5-7 seconds to get your health and stamina back sorry devs there so much wrong with your game just play it for a month n figure it out stop working on ur money makers such as dlcs n patchs n read ya forums.but def humans op hunters useless as chupacabra facing and decent human the amount of effort planning and tactics to go into it just nuts btw cooldowns on spit n uv armor needs to be like 10 seconds not 2 minutes at best ur best best move is uvspit slam but to use even your last move which again is cqc stupid right at best u gotta lose 2 nest for it to charge in 1v1s and 2v2s this mod is just uhh yes i love btz but the problems are to right in your face to not rage at the devs and other people about it. if your have not played as the hunter for more than 2 weeks and humans more than 2 weeks your dont know the difference in crutches and there relaxed playstyle and ez mode none existant resistance from the zombie that just were plaguing the city n all went indoors because they heard the nighthunter i may be bitching alot but all this is cold hard facts u cant dispute it any way you want but ill give u a counter that human will and can do to reverse ur tactic human to op another thing the human dodge is glitch it litterly takes them outta the game and removes all stick spit successful gp at pointblank and can be spammed for years and simply jumping when the spit goes of throws it into another dimension same with gp all u have to do is jump in the air and most the times it just negates it completely 

Edited by dasorrow

Just want to correct something, hunter do can hurt survivor in water, you can jump and claw and it will hurt the survivor, beside i always love when survivor jump into the water

that is always an easy kill, as i can wait near them and when they zip line, i can just jump over them and pounce from behind

you do know missing the DfA from 10 stories high can kill the survivor right. if they do land the DfA they wont get hurt just think as they use your body as a landing :D

Different thing is happening on PC if you read my last post, that the range of the claw is much more longer than the survivor weapon

LOL are you kidding me with this video.. The humans can can perform a death from above on the zombie when he is in the water anytime and every time. They can do it from 10 stories high from a tower mid air and not take damage. It does not matter where the zombie is, water, land, mid air. You're complaining about being attacked in mid air or in the water, boo chupacabra hoo, Give me a break... Its rare a zombie can do anything to someone in the water and he should be able to. We should be able to pounce on people in the water since the humans can jump on top of us in the water and kill.. So much needs fixed in favor of the zombie. UV lamp range needs nerfed, death from above and drop kick lock on chance is too high, spit recharge takes too long, spawn time takes too long. The DEVS need to shorten the length in which weapons can reach out and kill or fix the hitboxes... Even in single player the melee weapons kill as if there is an invisible 5 feet added to the end of my blade. You can even reach out and loot things that shouldn't be within your grasp, its ridiculous. That same mechanic carries over into BTZ where it really shouldn't be. I am so sick of being killed when someone isn't even close to me "some of it is netcode", the camera turns to show who made the kill and I am like wtf how is that even possible! Or when I think I am out of reach of someone I will start a ground pound, and get killed by the magic ten foot machete. I know its not all ping because like I said, in single player you can loot and strike objects and zombies that should be too far away from you. For some awful reason the devs have the hitboxes at a 10 feet radius around our bodies.. Freaking humans locking on to the zombie when really he should be out of harms way. I don't see why the drop kick cant work like it does in single player. When ever I miss a drop kick, I land next to the zombie like I should. In BTZ how often do you land at a zombies feet? Never, it doesn't happen. You're like a metal ninja and the zombie is made out of magnets. Its so bad that a human can do a 180 drop kick midair, wtf!!! Some days I love BTZ, other days I just never want to see it again until its fixed. By the time that happens, I am afraid we will be playing some other game. Rant over.

lol, look on every huge post on this page, and what made you think I was reffering to you? get over yourself

what point did i say you referenced me ? and quote 1 part of your statement : Every time someone posts a post wanting changes to a human you go invading his thread with everything that's wrong with the hunter.  

this topic is about the hunter and seeing as your ranting in here about something off topic does that make you a rabid dog? :)

what point did i say you referenced me ? and quote 1 part of your statement : Every time someone posts a post wanting changes to a human you go invading his thread with everything that's wrong with the hunter.  

this topic is about the hunter and seeing as your ranting in here about something off topic does that make you a rabid dog? :)

well since you took the time to personally answer to my post, I assumed you felt touched by what I wrote, and you started responding in a rude/cheeky manner. So it seems you are looking for an internet fight, which I won't give to you. I do think it's childish of you though

@ Broko

Yikes, with regards to the tackling, I don't see that often, but like darkwolfcub mentioned it's likely an issue with latency. The tackling around the edges of water is a nifty trick, but one that is very circumstantial and therefore limited in use. Still I agree that it should get fixed nonetheless.

The issue with pounce locking aka uv block+spit+pounce is avoidable with decent practice. It may just seem overwhelming in the first few encounters. Like people here have suggested avoid tight areas that limit your Survivors movement and dodging abilities and you'll be fine. Be weary of confined areas because if I were the hunter that's when I would strike to capture you in a pounce lock, followed by ground pounds. Even then though, it's a risk for a Hunter to gp because a Survivor is still > then a Hunter in melee and a missed GP = likely death.

Explain to me how this UV Block Spit Pounce trick is avoidable? Because the only two things you can do as a Human during the pounce animation is die or interrupt it. First option should always be avoided and the second option keeps you still for the spit to explode on you. Which is what I'm saying in unavoidable.

In some cases the Hunter spit it and pounce too late or spit it at the wrong area. I don't see how this technique can be avoided if executed right.

Explain to me how this UV Block Spit Pounce trick is avoidable? Because the only two things you can do as a Human during the pounce animation is die or interrupt it. First option should always be avoided and the second option keeps you still for the spit to explode on you. Which is what I'm saying in unavoidable.

In some cases the Hunter spit it and pounce too late or spit it at the wrong area. I don't see how this technique can be avoided if executed right.

It's avoidable in the same sense that drop kick is avoidable for the night hunter. Never put yourself in a situation where you'll be easy to setup for spit confirm. Stay aware of your surrounds and where the night hunter is at all times.

It's avoidable in the same sense that drop kick is avoidable for the night hunter. Never put yourself in a situation where you'll be easy to setup for spit confirm. Stay aware of your surrounds and where the night hunter is at all times.

You can counter a dropkick with a ground pound. It's happened to me more than once.

And a spit can disable can disable your UV light or summon suicide zombies to blow you up. There's a big difference because the the spits give the Hunters a huge advantage while the dropkick just damages the Hunter.

easy once u dodge the spit dodge away throw flares n run around how everyone does it

You don't seem to know how this trick works. You'll see once a hunter does it to you. There's no possible to dodge/avoid the spit if the trick is done correctly.

Edited by Broko

You don't seem to know how this trick works. You'll see once a hunter does it to you. There's no possible to dodge/avoid the spit if the trick is done correctly.

i have dodged it a few times from a guy who only used it its all about how you move and where you are 

easiest dodge method is dodge of a roof as they spit you can still uv the pounce and as your falling your getting distance from the spit 

You don't counter a drop kick with ground pound, you zone them out. There's a huge difference. If you ground pound while a survivor starts a dropkick the dropkick will win because of the animation lock.

Horde spit is easily countered with camouflage and uv spit is countered with flares. Both can also be easily countered by jumping in water and waiting it out.

Alright here are some videos on how to effectively counter a UV spit pounce lock. It's important to keep in mind that even if you get hit with a UV spit, it's not the end of the world.

As you see in the first video, I landed my spit but a missed GP spells doom for a Hunter, which in my case came in the form of DK and spikes. I had my revenge in the end though by tackling him into his own propane tank! 

Here is another where I land my spit but he simply flares up and creates a wall of UV light. I can risk GPing in, but likely he'll just dodge away.

Once you've learned to counter a pounce lock, it becomes an uphill battle for a Hunter.

Edited by Huckster

Yea, we only played serious in segments to demonstrate the methods of combating UV block, spit and pounce lock. Our first "demonstration" actually was a failure because we ended up goofing around too much that we had to make a new game. Even in the second take, I had to edit it because of tom foolery.

This Situation is a Double Edged Sword.

You have some wanting the Humans to be more powerful, when personally I don't understand that when The Humans have a Big Advantage as it is.

If the Inballance for the Humans is not Fixed, then no One will want to play as the Night Hunter.

What is the point when The Humans in most cases are the Ones Hunting You.

That alone goes against the very Concept of the Game.

You have some wanting the Humans to be more powerful, when personally I don't understand that when The Humans have a Big Advantage as it is.

If the Inballance for the Humans is not Fixed, then no One will want to play as the Night Hunter.

i know on my last videos you can watch a group of 2 and then a match with 4 and its impossible when they go full offensive because of the uv range the freaking thing can drain u 5 times before it goes on cooldownso put that in 4 times humans can drain your stamina 20 times before you can even start healing or regain stamina this is ridiculous not to mention the nighthunter skill cooldowns are still insanly slow compared to idk max human cooldown or animation is .5 seconds or something and even if there is a cooldown theres ways to get around them hunters just watered down humans i mean grappling hook is faster than your treds 

This is what i can agree. GOOD survivor do have an upper hand in 1 vs 1, but that changes in vs 2-4

since the spit regenerate faster, and the uv light decrease a lot faster, and the hunter stamina decrease a lot slower

but the issue is how many that are that good and how many that are bad.

from what i see in the posted video thread and from what i play, there many more bad player than the good.

hell i see it most of the match i played, i can even stand behind a survivor and he doesn't notice it. and most of them doesn't even use the UV Light

but when match with a bad survivor against a bad hunter, the bad hunter have the upper hand,  luckily that improve a bit in 1.5 since there is a video how to play

the first time i play as survivor i don't even know i can use the survivor sense to locate the hunter, since the hint didn't tell you, you only can see if the hunter is near

until a good hunter tell me how to use it correctly.

4 Good Survivor vs 1 Good Hunter is balanced in my opinion. Had a couple match with few good hunter, and the result 3-1 we are the lost one. since we didn't stick together in the first and second match

btw i always like when the human are hunting me, so that give me time to recharge my spit and and time to kill them and the nest is safe because of it :D

grappling hook is faster than tedril? one person in 4 vs 1 can drain you 5 times your energy? dude what are you smoking

tendril is way much faster than grappling hook and doesn't have cooldown period.

i know on my last videos you can watch a group of 2 and then a match with 4 and its impossible when they go full offensive because of the uv range the freaking thing can drain u 5 times before it goes on cooldownso put that in 4 times humans can drain your stamina 20 times before you can even start healing or regain stamina this is ridiculous not to mention the nighthunter skill cooldowns are still insanly slow compared to idk max human cooldown or animation is .5 seconds or something and even if there is a cooldown theres ways to get around them hunters just watered down humans i mean grappling hook is faster than your treds 

You have to include factor of panic, which doesn't happen if the match is set up and the player is excepting it. and from the look of it you still need to learn how to use the UV block - spit - pounce, beside the "Glitch" doesnt always need to in always that order, you too could GP from mid air first, spit then pounce. and what broko means you have of no way to avoid the spit since you are still in failed pounce animation

Yea, we only played serious in segments to demonstrate the methods of combating UV block, spit and pounce lock. Our first "demonstration" actually was a failure because we ended up goofing around too much that we had to make a new game. Even in the second take, I had to edit it because of tom foolery.

yes grapple is faster the speed at which you get to the destination is faster with hunter your like floating to the things you grab with grapple hook its almost instant they can get to ledges faster than you u can see it in so many vids when people get hit with horde spit instantly on a roof with grappling hook and think about this u can watch it in the video it takes what 5-10seconds before lights on cooldown and all u need is a quarter of the bar to drain a hunter so add 4 more they can drain u 20 times before all of them are on cooldown how is that fair that they can lock you down for sometimes 30-60 seconds just chasing you around because GH is so freaking fast and cooldowns on skills even with 4 is insane needs to be faster the amount of time it takes for hunters compared to humans to do anything is just staggering think about it a miss pounce is almost garentted death considering they can glitch dodge outta it or jump for that fact and just three hit u with easy just and woo ur stuck in an animation stop crying about it you guys finally get a taste of what the hunter goes through with humans 95 percent hit rate with DK DFA and tackle how do u think we feel we dont even get a chance to dodge it you guys pretty much have 3 pounces that do alot of damage oo u get stuck in spit that u can just flare spam outta so hard cry more human

@ Doc

:( Yea...His life actually did reach 0 but unfortunately he didn't die without me coming in to swipe at him. Would've been nice having a BBQ'd Steve.

You have to include factor of panic, which doesn't happen if the match is set up and the player is excepting it. and from the look of it you still need to learn how to use the UV block - spit - pounce, beside the "Glitch" doesnt always need to in always that order, you too could GP from mid air first, spit then pounce. and what broko means you have of no way to avoid the spit since you are still in failed pounce animation

We didn't hold anything back when the moment came to showcase pounce lock and how to handle the situation. I've played with him enough times to know that his performance was about as text book as it gets. Panic can be a factor in determining the outcome of a pounce lock, but I didn't want such a factor to influence the data from our demonstration. Panic is circumstantial and depends on situation, along with the individuals involved. My demonstration is the vanilla version. Your average encounter. A basic showcase where the viewer more or less gets the gist of how the maneuver works and how to defend against it. It's up to the viewer to then discover other factors that will undoubtedly have an effect on the outcome - be it panic, human error, confined areas, random zombie interference etc. And yes, I became aware that Broko meant it is impossible to avoid a pounce lock. He is more or less correct that it is unavoidable if executed properly, but I also wanted to demonstrate that it's not disastrous if he does get hit with a spit via pounce animation, seeing as his complaint seemed to also stem from his plausible frustration in dealing with it (how I interpreted it at least. He can correct me if I am wrong).