MrJellyPig

Gold Weapons On Console, Broke?

I haven't Ben that activate lately having found no gold weapons and haven't seen even a orange rune hammer if somethings not broke then the drop rates are abssured please hurry up and fix this as there is no other game I'd rather play just getting kinda played out

With all do respect your going back and fourth with people for no reason.your saying you need confirmation with a picture but a picture can be altered or modded by someone trolling you.what better way to know that there in the game other than the developers that make the game telling you that they are there.you can free roam and find them I haven't yet but if they say there on there then they should be.do you just want a picture so that you can get a good look at the surrounding to go to the area to see if it shows up for you I hope not because that kinda defeats the purpose of looking for it yourself and finding it yourself.its like people who brag that they found all the statues but they went online to get a map out of where they are when the point of it is to find it. I think someone has posted a picture of a gold weapon already and put it up in another topic.but just keep looking you will find it eventually.....good night and good luck

With all do respect your going back and fourth with people for no reason.your saying you need confirmation with a picture but a picture can be altered or modded by someone trolling you.what better way to know that there in the game other than the developers that make the game telling you that they are there.you can free roam and find them I haven't yet but if they say there on there then they should be.do you just want a picture so that you can get a good look at the surrounding to go to the area to see if it shows up for you I hope not because that kinda defeats the purpose of looking for it yourself and finding it yourself.its like people who brag that they found all the statues but they went online to get a map out of where they are when the point of it is to find it. I think someone has posted a picture of a gold weapon already and put it up in another topic.but just keep looking you will find it eventually.....good night and good luck

Actually I believe the arguments are leaning towards the fact that the drop rate might need an increase due to the fact that nobody has found a legit one with all the time it has been added into the game because when you think of different games like techland's other game, Dead Island and riptide people were finding legendary s rather quickly with exploits or not, but I don't look for gold weapons because all the weapons practically do the same dmg, well I hope those who are looking find them, good luck guys      

Actually I believe the arguments are leaning towards the fact that the drop rate might need an increase due to the fact that nobody has found a legit one with all the time it has been added into the game because when you think of different games like techland's other game, Dead Island and riptide people were finding legendary s rather quickly with exploits or not, but I don't look for gold weapons because all the weapons practically do the same dmg, well I hope those who are looking find them, good luck guys      

I think one problem is comparing the gold tier drops to Dead Island's legendary drops. Prior to gold being added in the patch, orange tier weapons in this game equaled the legendary drops in Dead Island. Not counting the stores, they're just as rare to find them. The issue is that they added a higher tier, which in turn needed a lower chance to drop than the orange tier. Instead of restructuring the drop chance for all tiers, they added a very low drop rate to the gold, far lower than anything that had been in Dead Island. The problem is they made the drop rate too low, so they're going to increases it in the next patch. (According to the PC game files they have a 0.1% chance to drop compared to the 2% chance to find an orange. The developers are either going to increase the drop rate of the gold tier, or they're redoing the drop rates of all the tiers. Personally I would increase the drop rate from 0.1% to 1% and add a 0.1% chance for them to appear in shops.) It would be helpful if people didn't impatiently post the same thing every few days about the drop rates being abysmal or none existent after getting feedback from the developers, and just waited until the developers patch the game to start searching again. (At this point the update with the drop rate changes will probably be part of the update for the Bozak Horde.) No point beating a dead horse.

until someone actually finds one legit im not believing that they are in the game. yes pc can mod them in so they do exist in the files obviously. but the drop rate is either bugged or non existent imo, until someone shows otherwise. nothing in any game has been quit this rare that it would take over a month or 6 weeks after release an still not one person has found one. the odds of probability effectively mean someone should have found one by now with millions of people playing.

In terms of future content and news - we will be providing you with information on what's happening with the game. We've just released the Developer Tools, and we will be giving you further updates on new content. We are working on updates, new weapons, and other great new things that will give you more of that "Dying Light Goodness" and once we have some solid info to show you - we will. When? Soon.

The DLC will be out tomorrow and YOU or any other "Community Manager" never give us any news about the dlc or patches xD what a shame men :-/

Improve how? Pick them faster,use less lock picks? What I've ran around lock picking and killing demolishers for 14 hours with coop and invasions turned off and haven't found a single one Except for the 5-6 that keep repeating during invasions so yes there out there but where?

My advice is, improve skills and game play much as a human invasions, after a while you win every 2 invasions start earning golden weapons, is the easiest way I've found, finished the game 2 times and found none, only at the end of the game I got 2 or 3 gold in hard mode, some other friends gave them me, and now I have them all.