MrJellyPig

Gold Weapons On Console, Broke?

Thousands of people on console playing tens of thousands of hours opening hundreds of thousands of boxes/vans over the last 21 days and we've found nothing. I don't care what anyone says they are not there. If in fact they are the percentage is so incredibly low it's useless. Keep your eyes out for the next "game improvement" patch. Everyone will start finding them then.

Its fun to be named a troll by people reffering to my English faults in writting, and taking time to complain and whine on a completely useless topic, talking about my father; kind of insult on family?... Referring about thousands of people since there is a dozen only using this topic and most dont know what hardcore farming is, complaining about drop rate, while evoking an exploit to get legendary weapons on DI RIptide. when the CM ( so Techland did) already answers to a similar thread. Thinking about a conspiracy made by Techland to lie to console players. loool.

So I told you again i've farmed about 200 hours to get a legendary weapon in Riptide with no exploit, the drop rate for gold is clearly lesser, so now come back when you have farmed 400 hours and don' t say I'm troll, I m just tryng to have a conversation with frustrated kids. Wich is pointless for sure.

I just wantez to say, its a great tread & subject :-)

Im intrerested in what a gold weapon look like, not from a trailer - but one, found by a "real player"

Keep up the great work

They're out there guys. I can give you a hint, two even. Improve your lockpicking skills or face the Demolishers.

Hope this ill guide to those sweet Gold weapons...

How do you improve lockpicking skills they are always the same level..

And i've never found one and i'm on PC, are they even in Normal mode...

I've never even seen one of the new 50 weapons...

The new weapons start at level 15.....and most of them look exectly same like the old......and most only called "wild baseball bat" , only added to a higher level......really sad

Hey guys, 

I can see that the Gold Weapons are creating a bit of a ruckus. Now, to all the console players out there - they do exist on the PS4 and Xbox One. They are definitely there. However, they are very hard to find/come by. 

We are discussing the possibility of changing the odds of getting them to be stacked in your favor, ie making it a bit easier to find them, but I do guarantee that the Gold Weapons are definitely in the game.  

Keep looking guys. They are out there.

the odds defo need increasing that should not even have to be discussed. if nobody out of all console players have found one in what is now coming up to nearly a month since they were released it should be obvious the drop rate is waaay too low its pretty much set at non existent as it is now.

it should not take this long to find any kind of item in the game especially not a rare weapon (unless there is only the one rare weapon to find then fair enough). i mean come on i thought the pearls in bl1 and bl2 were damn rare but this is ridiculous. im not even going to bother looking or probably playing the game until the drop rate changes or a few people post videos showing how to get them cos if they are defo in the game now but no ones found a single one yet there must be a very specific set of actions you have to complete that no one has figured out yet in order to find one?!

Hey guys, 

I can see that the Gold Weapons are creating a bit of a ruckus. Now, to all the console players out there - they do exist on the PS4 and Xbox One. They are definitely there. However, they are very hard to find/come by. 
We are discussing the possibility of changing the odds of getting them to be stacked in your favor, ie making it a bit easier to find them, but I do guarantee that the Gold Weapons are definitely in the game.  

i have a funny feeling they are not,lol,,opened ALL police cars/vans, killed all demolishers several times, played on hard and normal,found new weapons in Green and blue and orange, but no Gold/Yellow weapons, i like your tip about improving lockpicking skills,,,lol,,on 2 vans i broke over 30 keys before it gave me the tip of were to start working from, oh and i dont mind more screamers coming out if i make more noise,but this is ridiculous

keep getting 6 of them every few minutes even when i leave a safe area, or am just walking about minding my own business,lol,played over 500 hrs, completed several times and i play on PC.

i have a funny feeling they are not,lol,,opened ALL police cars/vans, killed all demolishers several times, played on hard and normal,found new weapons in Green and blue and orange, but no Gold/Yellow weapons, i like your tip about improving lockpicking skills,,,lol,,on 2 vans i broke over 30 keys before it gave me the tip of were to start working from, oh and i dont mind more screamers coming out if i make more noise,but this is [/size]ridiculous [/size]

keep getting 6 of them every few minutes even when i leave a safe area, or am just walking about minding my own business,lol,played over 500 hrs, completed several times and i play on PC.

Ok but 500 hours since the game was release......with the new update you never can play 500 hours

Hahahaha 500 hrs ? Yeah right...thats impossible even for a no life, unemployed, forever alone, orphan, basement orc or even a full gamer :-/ xD

just a figure of speach to make the point lol

Hey guys, 

That's great to hear that you're discussing changing the drop rates. From what I've heard from players looking at the game files on PC the drop rate is 0.1%, while Orange Weapons have a 2% chance to drop from the same sources. I'd like to see the Gold Weapons drop rate bumped up to 1%, while adding a 0.1% chance to find them in the shops/from weapon dockets. This way they're still harder to find compared to Orange Weapons, but not 20 times harder. 

i have a funny feeling they are not,lol,,opened ALL police cars/vans, killed all demolishers several times, played on hard and normal,found new weapons in Green and blue and orange, but no Gold/Yellow weapons, i like your tip about improving lockpicking skills,,,lol,,on 2 vans i broke over 30 keys before it gave me the tip of were to start working from, oh and i dont mind more screamers coming out if i make more noise,but this is ridiculous

I assume you mean you've played over 500 hours and haven't experienced the Virals attacking you for no reason until after this last update. Not that you've spent 500 hours trying to find Gold Weapons. I've been experiencing the same bug on the PS4. For exmaple, sometimes when I leave the tower in the slums i'll instantly have Virals running after me, along with the background sound effects of them screaming that play when you create a loud noise, without creating a noise. The last time this happened I had to kill around 15 of them before the stopped coming after me. 

When did you have this start occurring? For me it started with the contaminated Antizin on April Fools, so I thought maybe it was part of the update, but it's still been happening occasionally the last two days.  

Hopefully the next update will address the Gold Weapons drop rate, the accelerated day cycle on normal mode caused by sleeping during the accelerated night cycle, and the unprovoked Viral attacks.

just a figure of speach to make the point lol

have played 302 hours 9 mins 6 seconds,hahahahaha,,my point was i have looked everywere and i cant find any Gold weapons, and thats on p.c

That's great to hear that you're discussing changing the drop rates. From what I've heard from players looking at the game files on PC the drop rate is 0.1%, while Orange Weapons have a 2% chance to drop from the same sources. I'd like to see the Gold Weapons drop rate bumped up to 1%, while adding a 0.1% chance to find them in the shops/from weapon dockets. This way they're still harder to find compared to Orange Weapons, but not 20 times harder. 

I assume you mean you've played over 500 hours and haven't experienced the Virals attacking you for no reason until after this last update. Not that you've spent 500 hours trying to find Gold Weapons. I've been experiencing the same bug on the PS4. For exmaple, sometimes when I leave the tower in the slums i'll instantly have Virals running after me, along with the background sound effects of them screaming that play when you create a loud noise, without creating a noise. The last time this happened I had to kill around 15 of them before the stopped coming after me. 

When did you have this start occurring? For me it started with the contaminated Antizin on April Fools, so I thought maybe it was part of the update, but it's still been happening occasionally the last two days.  

Hopefully the next update will address the Gold Weapons drop rate, the accelerated day cycle on normal mode caused by sleeping during the accelerated night cycle, and the unprovoked Viral attacks.

only started on hard mode, its ok on normal.

Yeah but you play 300 hours since release....i got even 200 hours, maybe since 2th february...And i play everyday 4 or 5 hours...And since new update only 92 hours...

I think its not correct that you search for gold weapons 300 hours

See, 300+ hrs are a lil normal xD i have 300 hrs too, but 500 hrs? Hahahaha that was over the top xD

forget the hrs Boys, has anyone found a gold weapon yet,lol,,this looks legit.

im still not playing this game until the devs decide to fix the gold weapon drops. doesnt seem to be much point in playing otherwise. ive completed it on normal and am half way through a newgame on hard. its a great game but i jus keep feeling my time playing is kinda wasted if these gold weapons are not dropping and id rather wait it out an see if it gets fixed then my time would be better spent, kinda.

Edited by championpuffa

forget the hrs Boys, has anyone found a gold weapon yet,lol,,this looks legit.

He had obviously modded his PC files for the drop rate % to increase, if you check his inventory he had even more gold weapons, NOBODY has that many let alone has one without modding the files.. Don't trust this vid as legit gameplay. Also look how much cash he has in his inventory.. definitely an exploiter/modder. ($1051922) Nobody has over $1 million and plays legit at the same time.

Edited by MrJellyPig

Yeah thats true, i wondered , too..he had 3 gold weapons xD a bit to much because no one found still ONE gold weapon....i think so too, that he low up the drop rate with a mod....

Lol idk about his gold weapons if there legit or not, but to say no one can have over a million and not be legit lol.Obviously you must never sell weapons you don't  need or sell jewelry boxes,jewelry pouches,coffee ,cigarets or loot the infected you kill.Lol.Because if you did you would know haveing a few mill is not hard specially once you hit oldtown and loot rais air drops that give a bag of jewelry boxes.