MrJellyPig

Gold Weapons On Console, Broke?

4 hours playing in Old Town, Hunting down Demolisher's...I only got Exceptional Flat-end Sledgehammer.....i give up

I think if we want a chance of finding gold weapons.. we have to get rid of our girlfriends, quit our jobs and give up sleeping. Maybe if we play the game 24 hours a day, we might find one eventually, then have it break after a few hours of use :) yay!

Edited by MrJellyPig

I think if we want a chance of finding gold weapons, we have to get rid of our girlfriends, quit our jobs, and give up sleeping, maybe if we play the game 24 hours a day, we might find one eventually?

theres super rare legendary stuff in WOW or Destiny or any MMORPG ever made that are easier to find then golds in this game hell its easier to get the best gear possible in destiny then it is to get a gold weapon in this game 

theres super rare legendary stuff in WOW or Destiny or any MMORPG ever made that are easier to find then golds in this game hell its easier to get the best gear possible in destiny then it is to get a gold weapon in this game 

I know, that's why I believe it's broken, rather than just a low percentage! I hope this is tweaked/fixed!

I think the Dying Light staff/devs should play the game on console, and see if they can find a gold weapon.

Edited by MrJellyPig

I know, that's why I believe it's broken, rather than just a low percentage! I hope this is tweaked/fixed!

I think the Dying Light staff/devs should play the game on console, and see if they can find a gold weapon.

i want them to play as a maxed level hunter vs a max level survivor as well (hell against any of the good survivors here ) just to prove that its not balanced (still unfair against hunters a skilled hunter vs a skilled human human should win ) 

then i want to know the actual drop percentage for gold weapons as i doubt it would be higher then .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% if it is then its broken

4 hours playing in Old Town, Hunting down Demolisher's...I only got BLUE* Exceptional Flat-end Sledgehammer.....i give up

Same been getting green and blue hammers... im playing on hardmode+ ....greens and blues should not be in this mode at all

I get gold hammer from demolisher, sometime its blue and green but go to old town look for demolisher that is near a safe house

kill them, get back to safe house and sleep two times and it will respawn.

btw playing in hard mode reduce the chance of getting good weapon

so play in normal one instead

Same been getting green and blue hammers... im playing on hardmode+ ....greens and blues should not be in this mode at all

I get gold hammer from demolisher, sometime its blue and green but go to old town look for demolisher that is near a safe house

Console?

U shure there gold and not orange

If you're on console, please take a screenshot of the weapon in your inventory and post here. Many people are confusing gold for orange. If you post here we'll be able to tell which one it is.

I know crafting on normal mode will make more items per craft. What I want to know is.. Who said playing on normal changes the drop rates? I have not seen any proof of this anywhere. Maybe I missed a video or post from a Dev so please, someone show me proof. Otherwise, I am sticking to believing the gold drop rates are the same regardless of the difficulty setting you are playing on. 

i'm pretty sure that this thing is broken :-/ check that in the next patch they are going to put

*increases the % spam of rarity gold tier weapons

and it's actually a 100% fix :-/ am done with the search of any gold thing

Hi All

These gold-tier weapons are going to drive me crazy..grinded like a chupacabra, nothing... Im confused how such little info has leaked regarding the gold-tier weapons!? No legit info... Seriously has no one found any? Maybe PC is different, but on Xbox One this is screwed.

Here is what I know:

- Dying Lights official 1.5 patch release video shows the gold-tier weapon class (Skull Machete and the Rune Hammer), but it does not mention how to get them.

- A few threads i read people mentioned that you have a 0.01% chance to get one in hard containers/police vans etc... However ive unlocked hundreds and nothing...

- Apparently you need to be on hard mode for gold weapons to drop - done it, and nothing... even replayed the game on hardmode+ but nothing..

- In the Be The Zombie game mode, in the beginning it says that the more nests you destroy the greater the chance of getting a "powerful" weapon. But ive only got orange-tier weapons when playing zombie invasion on hardmode.

i played vanilla wow , rune scape , destiny , jagged alliance 2 , jade cocoon , borderlands 2 (solo no help) ect ect i know about trying to find rare chupacabra  and having a hard time and this game gold weapon on console is not hard its impossible if not 1 person has come forward with 1 (on console)

This "hint" confuses me. From my 300+ hrs and almost 100 after the last update, demolishers have only dropped garbage hammers. So if I'm lucky enough, one should drop a gold tier weapon thats NOT a hammer? Anyway the drop rate is chupacabra, I've farmed hundreds of police vans and hard locked chests only to get the usual weps (Playing new game+ and hard) Flat out, I like a challenge, but after 100hrs you should find at least ONE.

i think we should be finding more than at least one after 100 hrs of playing tbh.

there is no economy in this game so making something so damn rare an take so long to acquire makes no sense wot so ever. realistically we should be able to find a gold tier weapon at least every 8-15 hrs of play at the absolute longest and ideally we should be finding one on average of 4-6 hrs of playing. i mean the borderlands pearl weapons in either bl1 or 2 are pretty damn rare but you still had people finding those legit within hours of the update being released. 

anyway its blatantly obvious the gold weapons drop rate is broken, otherwise out of millions of players all with the ability to share their experience or most of them at least (assuming they have net access)  there should have been at least one person on console uploading a video or screenshot of a gold tier weapon being found. but so far a few weeks even after the update we still have not a single one. that makes zero sense if these weapons are actually in the game cos unless there is a specific process we need to be doing that nobody has figured out yet in order to make one drop then the odds of the rng should have made at least one drop in someones game by now even with a ridiculously low drop rate of 0.01% really this should have happened after the first few days if not hours of the update being released.

i think we should be finding more than at least one after 100 hrs of playing tbh.

there is no economy in this game so making something so damn rare an take so long to acquire makes no sense wot so ever. realistically we should be able to find a gold tier weapon at least every 8-15 hrs of play at the absolute longest and ideally we should be finding one on average of 4-6 hrs of playing. i mean the borderlands pearl weapons in either bl1 or 2 are pretty damn rare but you still had people finding those legit within hours of the update being released. 

anyway its blatantly obvious the gold weapons drop rate is broken, otherwise out of millions of players all with the ability to share their experience or most of them at least (assuming they have net access)  there should have been at least one person on console uploading a video or screenshot of a gold tier weapon being found. but so far a few weeks even after the update we still have not a single one. that makes zero sense if these weapons are actually in the game cos unless there is a specific process we need to be doing that nobody has figured out yet in order to make one drop then the odds of the rng should have made at least one drop in someones game by now even with a ridiculously low drop rate of 0.01% really this should have happened after the first few days if not hours of the update being released.

I couldn't agree with you more.

They're out there guys. I can give you a hint, two even. Improve your lockpicking skills or face the Demolishers.

Hope this ill guide to those sweet Gold weapons...

I've been searching hard/very hard locked chests/police vans and killing Demolishers in hard game+ for the last two weeks with a few friends. In that time I've found around 14 Orange Weapons, and 20+ King Mods. Neither me or my friends have seen a gold tier weapon on the PS4, while one of my friends that plays on PC found 3 after a few days of playing.