MrJellyPig

Gold Weapons On Console, Broke?

Hey everyone.

It's been 11 days since the patch went live, and I've yet to hear anyone say they've found a gold weapon (ON CONSOLE Xbone/PS4)

I'm starting to wonder if they actually drop, 11 days is A LOT of time when millions of people are playing. Usually somebody posts on reddit or here when they find something rare like that.

If you have found one, please post a picture/video here to give us all hope that they can be found. I have seen them on PC as people can modify the drop rate percentage on there, not on console yet though.

Thanks

EDIT: Strawpoll vote http://strawpoll.me/3987264

Edited by MrJellyPig

They have unique skin, and generally 50/100 damages more, 30 durability more, and 6 repair slots. Wich is not really amazing. Though, the difficulty of the game even on hard mod + doesnt make them so usefull. The game mechanichs need to be rebalanced so they will become really attractives. If you got good legendaries like 1H weapons with 1400, its so close to the golds, so you don't really have to bother with that. If you really have to find one, you have to orient youre gameplay on farming hard and very hard chest + demolishers during many hours, wich can be very very boring. My suggestions is that you take screenshots of the place with chests and then try to move in the game to open them.

Just play and keep playing you'll find some. Techland CM has confirmed its in the game so be sure of it. COnsole or not.

It makes no difference if you got a 1600 or 2000 dmg weapon , because you always will kill a zombie with one hit on higher lvl....so i dont know why all want the highest dmg....i can kill a volatile also with an orange 1300 weapon...makes no diifference..

Ok i really want an gold weapon but i didnt find any yet....but first techland must fix the HP of the zombies to make them stranger , and then it makes a difference between a 1500 and 2000 because only the highest dmg must kill one hit and not all weapons like blunt..

There is already a post for that, maybe you can do search on topic before posting. No need to post pics, gold weapons are in the game, it's been confirmed by Community Manager and dev team in a video

I've already seen those posts, and guess what? Nobody found one on console. If you can find one on console, then reply to this thread. No need to cry about other peoples posts if you can't handle them.

Everyone knows they've been confirmed, you don't need to keep saying that. It's a question of whether they're actually dropping or not on console.

Edited by MrJellyPig

Well, im not responding anymore to youre childish posts, enjoy. Just here to bring infos and help, if you dont want them... Keep doubting about the gold weapons on console and post useless topic, you ll get a lot friends. Bye.

Well, im not responding anymore to youre childish posts, enjoy. Just here to bring infos and help, if you dont want them... Keep doubting about the gold weapons on console and post useless topic, you ll get a lot friends. Bye.

English obviously isn't your first language, it should stay that way. You're bringing info and help? Nothing you have said has helped me, I don't doubt the gold weapons, as they've been confirmed (LOL). But nobody has had them on console yet and shown proof, if you can supply "infos and help" on this topic, then show proof of them dropping on console. 

My posts were not childish before, but as you deemed that they are. I have tried to make this one more childish to annoy you as much as possible.

Rekt

Edited by MrJellyPig

Nope English is not my first lang. then what? Should stay like that? I hope not Oo, are you racist?

It is childish to ask some proofs when confirmed by TECHLAND, this is CHILDISH and youre post is useless!

Edited by Maxor

Nope English is not my first lang. then what? Should stay like that? I hope not are you racist?

It is childish to ask some proofs when confirmed by TECHLAND, this is CHILDISH and youre post is useless!

Dude...they show it in a the video -.- A VIDEO, do you think is normal that there is like 10000 players on Console and none of then have found one -.-

Maybe plenty have found it but they do not read forums, who knows, ratio should be like 0,01% on chest that cant be farmed quick, so you can play 1 month 6 hour a day without seeing one. Im not saying its normal peeps on console didnt find, I say when someone take time to reply a useless topic, it would be nice to stay kind, not have racists words, and keeping it cool.

Over 3 million players on Dying Light and only the PC players (that we know of) have found the gold weapons (mostly due to adding mods changing loot rate percentages).

Even at a drop percentage of 0.1% Out of 3 million+ players, a lot more people would have it right now.

If you really think it's suitable to farm for 6 hours a day like you said, then that is ridiculous. Who wants to farm for 6 hours a day on a video game, who even has 6 hours a day on a video game apart from someone unemployed? I could understand if it was an MMO like World of Warcraft, but it is not. It's a casual zombie game, for a quick fix of fun. It's very good at doing that. I'm not upset that it's not dropping, at the end of the day it's just a weapon tier in a video game, but what I'm stating is that it's probably broken. As no one in over 3 million people has posted they got it on console.

You have to complain about something, for it to be fixed/tweaked Maxor. Games would never improve if the community just sat there quietly, accepting whatever is thrown at them.

This is one of the best games I've played this year, especially for the co-op aspect of it. I'm certain in the next patch they'll increase the drop rate %, or just fix it in general.

Maxor, now that the current gen consoles have features to save and upload the past few minutes of gameplay automatically, the majority of people that find rare things like this, like to upload them to show them off and share what they've found. You are in denial for some reason.

You claim this post is useless, when it really isn't.

I haven't once been racist to you either, you blew my comment up out of it's context.

I was keeping it cool, until you did this chupacabra move "There is already a post for that, maybe you can do search on topic before posting. No need to post pics, gold weapons are in the game, it's been confirmed by Community Manager and dev team in a video." 

After you wrote that, I decided I'd give the same attitude straight back at you. Treat others how you want to be treated my friend.

Edited by MrJellyPig

Yeah iv put in 100+ hours in to this update and still havent found 1 i would realy like to get 1 but the golds iv seen on the pc kinda suck for how rare they are they barly do higher damage then orange maby 200 more at best and and have like 10 more duribility ... iv just stoped looking no point in waisting my time if there gana disapoint me

Yeah iv put in 100+ hours in to this update and still havent found 1 i would realy like to get 1 but the golds iv seen on the pc kinda suck for how rare they are they barly do higher damage then orange maby 200 more at best and and have like 10 more duribility ... iv just stoped looking no point in waisting my time if there gana disapoint me

Yeah there's no point searching for something that cannot be found, and you're right. The time it takes to find one vs the stats of weapon is just crazy ridiculous. Hopefully it'll all be better balanced in the next patch.

Someone must tell me....What do you think is better  at an gold 2500 weapon as an 2000 dmg orange weapon??For me there is noooo differenence,because  they all do the same dmg to the zombies....On survive lvl 25 i also can kill volatiles with an 1100 -1200 green weapon..I think it  is the good old obsession about " i want the highest power weapon in the game".Techland first must fix the zombie "power"  it is soo lame to run 100 times through harran and kill all like "the arm of glory". Dont understand me wrong i love the game absolutely, the bestt game ever...But when the zombies dont  get more HP  to get them everytime  hard till lvl 25, it takes my fun in the game...when  they fix that, gold weapons would be  awesome and really  unique, because gold would be the only weapon with an so hard dmg to kill all with one hit (no demolishers). 

But now?! It makes no difference which weapon you got, all kill with one hit...Now, gold is only there for "woaw looks incredible".

Sry it dont fit so good to this topic, but when i hear all are talking about gold didnt have enough DMG, i dont understand because at this time on higher lvl they all do the same to the zombies....

At the beginning on hard mode, with every level up , you feeling the difference of power between the weapons .. At lvl 16-17 its away and all do the same..techland must fix that..

Someone must tell me....What do you think is better  at an gold 2500 weapon as an 2000 dmg orange weapon??For me there is noooo differenence,because  they all do the same dmg to the zombies....On survive lvl 25 i also can kill volatiles with an 1100 -1200 green weapon..I think it  is the good old obsession about " i want the highest power weapon in the game".Techland first must fix the zombie "power"  it is soo lame to run 100 times through harran and kill all like "the arm of glory". Dont understand me wrong i love the game absolutely, the bestt game ever...But when the zombies dont  get more HP  to get them everytime  hard till lvl 25, it takes my fun in the game...when  they fix that, gold weapons would be  awesome and really  unique, because gold would be the only weapon with an so hard dmg to kill all with one hit (no demolishers). 

But now?! It makes no difference which weapon you got, all kill with one hit...Now, gold is only there for "woaw looks incredible".

Sry it dont fit so good to this topic, but when i hear all are talking about gold didnt have enough DMG, i dont understand because at this time on higher lvl they all do the same to the zombies....

At the beginning on hard mode, with every level up , you feeling the difference of power between the weapons .. At lvl 16-17 its away and all do the same..techland must fix that..

I completely agree with you, the game is very unbalanced when it comes to this. I'd like a gold weapon, not because of the small extra damage it does, but just because it's rare and looks different to other weapons.. the brain is funny like that. It craves for what we cannot or do not have, it's nothing but a tease :)

Edited by MrJellyPig

I completely agree with you, the game is very unbalanced when it comes to this. I'd like a gold weapon, not because of the small extra damage it does, but just because it's rare and looks different to other weapons.. the brain is funny like that. It craves for what we cannot or do not have, it's nothing but a tease :)

Hehe thats right :D

They're out there guys. I can give you a hint, two even. Improve your lockpicking skills or face the Demolishers.

Hope this ill guide to those sweet Gold weapons...

ok thx...but can you tell us that techland is working on the one hit kills? Means more HP for the zombies....because it is really annoying when they are very easy on higher lvl at hard mode.

thx and greetings

They're out there guys. I can give you a hint, two even. Improve your lockpicking skills or face the Demolishers.

Thanks for the tips Michal! I'm going to go kill some Demolishers.

A tad of topic but I need to say something about Hard mode. Legendary weapons and higher "gold" should NOT be something you can purchase at a trader. Heck even purples should not be at the traders. These never should have been purchasable at any level but that's my opinion. Take them out of the traders and it will get people going out and looking for them. Whites and blues should be the only thing at a trader. There is no reward for killing zombies because you can just buy everything. Also maybe raise the drop rates a smidge on the golds. Borderlands 2, drop rates were bad but you always got that "Oh hell yeah I found a legendary!!" feeling. Borderlands The Pre Sequel, drop rates are fine but they screwed up by making everything purchasable at vendors and you can even make them. In one game they were too hard to get but very rewarding. The other game they were too easy to get and I never got that feeling of reward or happiness. This game gives me absolutely no feeling of reward. Money is easy to come by and you can buy any legendary you want. Which also gives me no reason to look for golds. Who needs a gold when you can just buy a one hit killer legendary.. There is no reason to open chests for weapons or kill zombies unless you're under attack or bored. In this aspect they went too Dead island on us. Anyways.. The loot tables need some work.

A tad of topic but I need to say something about Hard mode. Legendary weapons and higher "gold" should NOT be something you can purchase at a trader. Heck even purples should not be at the traders. These never should have been purchasable at any level but that's my opinion. Take them out of the traders and it will get people going out and looking for them. Whites and blues should be the only thing at a trader. There is no reward for killing zombies because you can just buy everything. Also maybe raise the drop rates a smidge on the golds. Borderlands 2, drop rates were bad but you always got that "Oh hell yeah I found a legendary!!" feeling. Borderlands The Pre Sequel, drop rates are fine but they screwed up by making everything purchasable at vendors and you can even make them. In one game they were too hard to get but very rewarding. The other game they were too easy to get and I never got that feeling of reward or happiness. This game gives me absolutely no feeling of reward. Money is easy to come by and you can buy any legendary you want. Which also gives me no reason to look for golds. Who needs a gold when you can just buy a one hit killer legendary.. There is no reason to open chests for weapons or kill zombies unless you're under attack or bored. In this aspect they went too Dead island on us. Anyways.. The loot tables need some work.

80 % of time in the game imsearch for the weapons....but sometimes when i look, and there is a good weapon, i buy it...

and with the reason of searching for better and stronger weapons, you are right....its terrible because i also can walk with a green weapon trough harran and kill all so softly....hard mode is soooo easy on higher lvl...feels like normal + mode....i hope they fix that first for the new update...

Not realy a tip kinda obvious u get them from locked things and demolishers as there 1 of the strongest Z's and duh we no there in game how bout you make then less ultra super mega hard to find its getting retarded how much time iv spent looking

Edited by thisguyy

Although they're confirmed as being in the game, and newly provided tips partially restored hope to the on going search.

I still find it weird that millions of players on console haven't yet found gold weapons and posted about them. Especially with all the people asking, where are they? And that the people who have found them on PC, have modded their game files to do so.

There are so many posts right now wondering why no one has found gold weapons.

Yes the drop rate is low, but when millions of players are playing vs a 0.1% (supposedly) drop rate, people would have them by now on console, and be showcasing them online.

Examples of other posts wondering where gold weapons are!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/716561-dying-light/71453710

I created this one on reddit to see if people were feeling the same, they obviously are.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight/comments/306puc/found_a_gold_weapon_yet_ps4/

Edited by MrJellyPig