NikezM479

Are Guns Important For You Anymore ?

Definately guns matter.... It mixes up the combat.... It would get boring without them... I like guns

And this AINT STATE OF DECAY (I wish it were!) - gun bring a few virals .... Big deal... Even on hard mode this game is WAY TOO EASY

Definately guns matter.... It mixes up the combat.... It would get boring without them... I like gunsAnd this AINT STATE OF DECAY (I wish it were!) - gun bring a few virals .... Big deal... Even on hard mode this game is WAY TOO EASY

Yeah seems like that hard mode is the (normal) mode and normal is the easy mode, i think they must add a new difficult.....and with guns i hope they add a revolver (magnum) like in the preview pics...but i think they will add a few new weapons with attachements

The shotgun in the game is terrible. I even tried the pump shotgun mod and it was the same damage as the double barrel. a zombie should not take over 1 shotgun blast to the head and still come at you , let alone 5 shots +. Aside from that I usually carry a police rifle just to take out the bloaters who run up and explode on you. The shops never sell ammunition and you rarely find it so firearms aren`t as important as they should be in the game.

We need a military base in the game with the kind of arsenal that call of Juarez the cartel had. techland made that and it had a huge variety of firearms in it. A guy also made a mod with a lmg you could use. the model for it must be in the mesh pack since the files had no models or textures included. they could remove the stand on it and make proper animations for it cause the gun looks awesome. shame it`s not being used for anything. I also remember them having an m60 in dead island they never put in too. Hope this model don`t rot like the m60 did. Melee is fun but I`d give anything to go on infamy bridge with the minigun from riptide and start mowing them down with cars exploding left and right. Good times!

I teach shooting in my spare time and shotguns are very unforgiving at close range.

Firing both barrels at the same time should drop a Volatile like a bad habit.

I do like Rais's handgun realistic in how machine pistols are hard to control muzzle climb and accuracy.

I second a military outpost with some upgraded weapons.Maybe make it a quest?

I like the burst pistol too. I switch between that and the police rifle a lot. In riptide they had a bolt action rifle, a dragunov, a beretta, desert eagle, ak 47, and a few m4 variants and shotguns. Since it`s a quarenteen zone they should have military checkpoints that were overrun and dead soldiers or military crates to loot for better firearms.  The current firearm selection seems more fitting of the towns swat team or police force save for the shotgun. We need another crowd pleaser spas 12 shotgun with craftable dragons breath! I like melee combat but sometimes I wanna let it loose with a lot of lead and the current lead spitters are lacking. That is why I have so many hours in riptide because the shooting part of the game didn`t take a backseat to melee like we have now.

There are two pump shotguns in the game files that aren`t added ingame yet. There aren`t any animations for them though yet. The mod that had the lmg also added 2 shotguns but he had them using the auto rifle reload. Techland had an m60 and a laws rocket in dead island ryder white but didn`t have animations for those either so they were just left undone. I do hope the shotguns and lmg get finished and added to the game, they look very nice.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine pump shotguns in this game due to the police presence.  A lot of police use pump shotguns even if they tend to be for beanbags nowadays.  In fact, pump shotguns are much more prevalent than double barreled shotguns IRL.

Yeah I figured the shotguns just weren`t put in because of time restrictions. One is a Mossberg type shotgun and the other is an Olympian named one which looks really good. the 3d artists and texture guys did a nice job on them. they even have icons. We had a few different shotguns in dead island and riptide that had pump animations but since deep silver is in charge of the dead island name now, they probably need to remake the animations and couldn`t use the same ones from the old game.

I wonder if they would try and do an attachment system like farcry 3 and 4 have. Or would they just narrow it to silencers. Would be kind of cool to have the arsenal of guns farcry 4 has in this game. Haha, funny short story on fc4. I played dying light before I did the campaign in fc4 and while playing fc4 I was getting annoyed that I couldn`t jump over things and climb like I could in DL. Come to think of it. Techland already borrowed the tower idea from farcry, why not a wingsuit too?

Haha yeah same for me....after dying light first person games without climbing is a bit annlying....for me all games need a good climbing animation, not so exact like dying light, but realistic because i for myself are nkt a climber, bit i also can climb some things without being a pro climber.....in the games it looks almost so that they are u able to climb a little gap.......

I quite enjoy using guns actually. Sure shooting can attract virals, but I find that you can shoot virals dead faster than new ones are triggered by the shooting, so you can actually shoot your way to a point where it's quiet. (Just maybe not something to try at night.)

I'm very happy that they fixed the double-barreled shotgun and made it more worthwhile, and very happy that a lot more guns have been added. Still haven't found a sniper rifle yet, but oh well.

11:09 AM 2/11/2016

Are you playing on PC or console?  Im playing on PC and messing around on nightmare.  Still bring a gun for those worst case scenarios like youre surrounded and you have to blast your way out.  I always had a pistol and a rifle on me.  Now I carry the pistol and advanced military rifle or engraved semi shotgun with a bow and arrow ever since the DLC came out and changed the game.  Nightmare is still a pain so yeah bring guns no matter what.  Its the zombie apocalypse you should be stock piling firearms no matter what.

Edited by Cpt. Kid

On 3/24/2015 at 5:12 AM, NikezM479 said:

I know this sounds stupid but...are guns really important while going around the city? Yeah, i understand that you need guns on certain missions but when it comes on freeroaming.....i kinda find it a pain in the chupacabra. Like why would you use a gun on your enemy if a viral will randomly f*ck you up quick,specially on hard mode. They will come out fast,swings at you like a mad man *i hate when they do that*, they deal twice as damage, and even worse...they're 2 of them coming for your bloody chupacabra! Like holy chupacabra,they're more annoying than foxy. You want more ? Okay...melee weapon is more expensive than this guns...are you serious ?

So tell me,guys. Are guns really that important to you? Tell me what you think,ill be happy to read everything you guys say :) because for me...its a booty call for virals,specially shotgun. You'll wake each one of those motherf@c#3rs and make dem go nuts on your booty xD

Honestly, guns are just for fun. I don’t use them in any tactical manner because melee is more useful due to the lack of noise.