NikezM479

Are Guns Important For You Anymore ?

I know this sounds stupid but...are guns really important while going around the city? Yeah, i understand that you need guns on certain missions but when it comes on freeroaming.....i kinda find it a pain in the chupacabra. Like why would you use a gun on your enemy if a viral will randomly f*ck you up quick,specially on hard mode. They will come out fast,swings at you like a mad man *i hate when they do that*, they deal twice as damage, and even worse...they're 2 of them coming for your bloody chupacabra! Like holy chupacabra,they're more annoying than foxy. You want more ? Okay...melee weapon is more expensive than this guns...are you serious ?

So tell me,guys. Are guns really that important to you? Tell me what you think,ill be happy to read everything you guys say :) because for me...its a booty call for virals,specially shotgun. You'll wake each one of those motherf@c#3rs and make dem go nuts on your booty xD

I love the shotgun cuz you can shoot there legs off and they try to leapfrog at you .. you can also IF your careful shoot bolth arms off and then they cant attack you they just follow you,when it comes 2 guns i only use the shotgun , i dont like any other gun cuz u go threw rifel ammo 2 quick and riffel/pistole are realy week... but on hard mod it almost impossible to use my shot gun because you cant buy ammo and no npc carrys 1 raises men only have rifels or pistole ... i realy hope they put in a ammo blueprint like every other zombie game techland has mad i.e deadisland .. and i realy hope they make it so a gun at lvl 25 dos more then the same 1 at lvl 3 there is realy 000 point to have rarity on a gun if there the same damage... puting mods like explosive or electric bullets would also be a huge improvment i think alot of people who realy dont use gun would start to if they made these improvments... i also like that it calls extra zombies i alway enjoy a hard fight

Edited by thisguyy

I love the shotgun cuz you can shoot there legs off and they try to leapfrog at you .. you can also IF your careful shoot bolth arms off and then they cant attack you they just follow you,when it comes 2 guns i only use the shotgun , i dont like any other gun cuz u go threw rifel ammo 2 quick and riffel/pistole are realy week... but on hard mod it almost impossible to use my shot gun because you cant buy ammo and no npc carrys 1 raises men only have rifels or pistole ... i realy hope they put in a ammo blueprint like every other zombie game techland has mad i.e deadisland .. and i realy hope they make it so a gun at lvl 25 dos more then the same 1 at lvl 3 there is realy 000 point to have rarity on a gun if there the same damage... puting mods like explosive or electric bullets would also be a huge improvment i think alot of people who realy dont use gun would start to if they made these improvments... i also like that it calls extra zombies i alway enjoy a hard fight

Got balls of steel,eh. Looks like we got a trouble maker up in here.

Shootin their arms,huh...never thought of that. Bring two of those virals with my katana and be sasha *or whatever her name on TWD* :lol:

Got balls of steel,eh. Looks like we got a trouble maker up in here.

Shootin their arms,huh...never thought of that. Bring two of those virals with my katana and be sasha *or whatever her name on TWD* :lol:

lol yeah i remeberd her doing that so i tyred and it works its realy fun to walk around with a zombie possie

I only use a gun for shooting the "puker" zombies. In hard they don't show up on the mini map so doing a little recon on the area ahead of you is always wise. Then if you spot one, or a bomber, you can take them out from a distance. Once he is killed you need to brace yourself for the viral invasion. Once you finish these guys off, then you can proceed.

I only use firearms in very sepcific situations like kodiak, most of the time I use a dark sickle or a daguer for large pack of zombies, two handed mace for demolishers. Somtime fireaxe with firecrackers cause its th best handlin/damges ratio in the game.

Machete or 1h sword for pvp.

I never use a gun for demolishers and goons use a stasis grenade.It stuns them for a short time and with a fast hitting 1hd wep you can chew them up.For frogs and rais gunmen use a resistant booster and go straight at them.You take way less damage with the booster on you just make sure to keep an eye on the timer.When it gets low take cover and redrink it when it runs out.For bombers there slow run away from them and either use lookback and drop some firecracker to make them stop and blow themselves up .Or when you far enough ahead of them stop and throw some throwing stars axe ect at them.Virals i just stand my ground and right as they come running up to you kick them to stop them for a second and cut there head off

Edited by Sindak

I only use a gun for shooting the "puker" zombies. In hard they don't show up on the mini map so doing a little recon on the area ahead of you is always wise. Then if you spot one, or a bomber, you can take them out from a distance. Once he is killed you need to brace yourself for the viral invasion. Once you finish these guys off, then you can proceed.

Swiggity Swooty

You know they're coming for your booty ! :lol:

lol yeah i remeberd her doing that so i tyred and it works its realy fun to walk around with a zombie possie

Still...the infected around you will kill you...but not until you get some camo

I'm waiting for a bow/crossbow as that is far more my style, and the sort of thing I'd use in reality. I really don't like using guns in a zombie game, purely for the sound aspect, also being European, I'm not used to having guns everywhere around me in daily life, so I like that there isn't such a focus on firearms.

I do hope they add more guns in the game though (really want a Desert Eagle) even though i some times don't use them but the more options the better when it come to damage though they feel perfect headshots work and body shots don't perfect for zombies but the humans need to take more dmg from gun shots

Side Note: if you know that to get ammo from stores on hard mode all you have to do is sell your gun and by it back without leaving the store you will get as many rounds as the clip holds hope it helps 

I'm waiting for a bow/crossbow as that is far more my style, and the sort of thing I'd use in reality. I really don't like using guns in a zombie game, purely for the sound aspect, also being European, I'm not used to having guns everywhere around me in daily life, so I like that there isn't such a focus on firearms.

bows/crossbows is a must

I do hope they add more guns in the game though (really want a Desert Eagle) even though i some times don't use them but the more options the better when it come to damage though they feel perfect headshots work and body shots don't perfect for zombies but the humans need to take more dmg from gun shots

Side Note: if you know that to get ammo from stores on hard mode all you have to do is sell your gun and by it back without leaving the store you will get as many rounds as the clip holds hope it helps 

bows/crossbows is a must

I agree crossbow/bows would be a fine addition.

Desert Eagles are so Zompoc. :)

Techland probably don't find guns to be important - they got grief for Dead Island from the maximum-kill kiddies who were used to using nothing but guns. The Ryder White DLC had more guns and DI:R had more again, but again, I don't think they consider them to be important enough.

It's understandable why melee weapons are of more value simply because of ammo and the noise. a suppressor would make the guns much more usable and maybe in a future DLC we will get to customize weapons crane does refer to suppresors in the game so hopefully they will implement them.i would love to see a sniper rifle in the game as well and or binoculars.other than certain missions a good way to have fun with guns is against rais men during there random encounters to avoid being bothered with zombies after just camo up before the encounter.

Edited by SOUR NIGHTMARES

In Brink they had adapted coke can silencers - that kind of thing would be a good detail.

Yep or oil filters just make them only good for so many shots.

Even real sound supressors need to be maintained.

Be nice to have red dots and maybe some different looking weapons.

AKs are everywhere why not Harran?

Yep or oil filters just make them only good for so many shots.

Even real sound supressors need to be maintained.

Be nice to have red dots and maybe some different looking weapons.

AKs are everywhere why not Harran?

I agree man I really hope they add attachments and make shift suppressors

PS I really want a Desert Eagle   

I always keep a handgun in my inventory and in my wheel. A german 9mm with 223dmg per bullet makes for quick, effective and safe room clearing. I just let them funnel themselves into doorways and down corridors, and since biters don't have any self-preservation instincts, I can drop biters as fast as using a melee weapon all while heathily preserving ammunition. 

If I stumble upon virals, I rely on grapple, dropkicks and stun-executions to deal with them. I switch to a shortblade however, as I'm not so great at taking them out with guns. I just don't risk it.

Bumblebees with guns get servings of rifle fire - but the bumblebees can soak ammo like a sponge if you don't hit them in the head, which is a bit of a turnoff when using firearms outdoors.

That being said, guns are still very important to me, despite being less reliable than your average purple or orange melee weapon.

We need sniper rifles/hunting rifles ASAP. 'Given the game's scale and the emphasis on verticality, there's no excuse for them not to be in this game. Dead Island Riptide even had sniper rifles. And that didn't have rooftop scaling: 

Edited by Wolfman