Sign in to follow this  
MORD

Who Is A Hunter In Btz?

Fired up BTZ today after a few days to see if I can still enjoy it. 3 matches with a "new breed" of hunters - survivors. Using camouflage almost all the time and grappling hooks to chase and hunt me! Yes I had to escape and they were after me. That`s was their tactic. Guns etc etc. I had a few kills and one of them was successful uv block - uv spit - pounce - ground pounding the flare - pounce. Imagine that they called me a cheeser! They went like "its getting nerfed, devs said" also. Don`t understand why survivors think that they should win all the time. Wheres a spirit of competition. Seeing this and then some ridiculous demands to nerf the ground pond makes me thinki about leaving this mode. Shame because I used to enjoy it really.

Edited by MORD

A few days ago i was playing a 1vs1 as the "Hunter"...the "Survivor" was doing the same thing, uv light + grappling hook to chase and hunt me, thxs to the tendrils i can escape then he send me a msg "stop running and play the game" -.-

A few days ago i was playing a 1vs1 as the "Hunter"...the "Survivor" was doing the same thing, uv light + grappling hook to chase and hunt me, thxs to the tendrils i can escape then he send me a msg "stop running and play the game" -.-

yeah i didnt realise the objective said kill the night hunter 

but seriously most survivors dont know what they are talking about when they demand nerfs (most people asking for nerfs are bad players wanting it easier) now as the survivor i played a low level human and beat a high level hunter just cause i knew where he was at all times i had dodge to dodge everything he threw at me and my uv light has the range of a gun (hip fire accuracy) didnt even have a medkit and i beat him 

anyone who says this mode is balanced for 1v1 is highly wrong i find 2-4v1 easier as the hunter as my spits regen faster and i respawn faster 

The way I and a lot of people play is as soon as the Hunters energy is drained, I chase him down and kill him or try to. He could be far from me when his energy runs out and I can still grapple hook to him, blast him with UV a few more times If needed and then kill him. Its pretty ridiculous that humans can do that. It should not be possible but I also have to say at the same time.. You shouldn't try risky attacks if you cannot manage with out your UV block. If you don't have the UV block to get out of their quickly, As they run up on you, you need to ground pound them. Either fight it out with couple ground pounds, a couple of swipes and hope for a pounce. Or ground pound and get the heck out of there. I cannot chase down a good player who is good at ground pounds.

Edited by SoloCreep

The way I and a lot of people play is as soon as the Hunters energy is drained, I chase him down and kill him or try to. He could be far from me when his energy runs out and I can still grapple hook to him, blast him with UV a few more times If needed and then kill him. Its pretty ridiculous that humans can do that. It should not be possible but I also have to say at the same time.. You shouldn't try risky attacks if you cannot manage with out your UV block. If you don't have the UV block to get out of their quickly, As they run up on you, you need to ground pound them. Either fight it out with couple ground pounds, a couple of swipes and hope for a pounce. Or ground pound and get the heck out of there. I cannot chase down a good player who is good at ground pounds.

Looks good on a paper but add to it 1 or 2 camouflaged survivors who can kill you when you deal with another one - you don`t see them on your screen you don`t know where they are. Also you already used your uv block to perform attack for example.

Edited by MORD

hunters got some much wrong with them people cry for nerfs about there mechanics but if you look at them spits doesnt do anything half the time only in 1v1s they work well pounce almost 100percent failure tackles almost 100percent failure and both of thos will kill you gp only works half the time gets u killed if u miss ok whats left treds dont work when drain sprint dont work when drain magnetic DP and DFA its just ask for way to much effort to kill surviors expecailly when they want him not to be CQC but everything you do requires u to get in CQC just this whole idea they had is retarded 

I have hit lvl 44 Hunter and recently started playing Survivor on NG+ after all missions were complete. Still not maxed out at 19 Agility 20 survivor and 22 Power. I'm a lot more confident in winning 1v1 as the Survivor. Haven't experienced team play on this side, and I can imagine 2 of me with my style would make it impossible for the Hunter to keep up. 3, even 4 Chances are even slimmer.

I would bet BTZ was meant to be competitive at all stages of this game. It's clearly not and the mode has lost a lot of interest from my perspective.

I have hit lvl 44 Hunter and recently started playing Survivor on NG+ after all missions were complete. Still not maxed out at 19 Agility 20 survivor and 22 Power. I'm a lot more confident in winning 1v1 as the Survivor. Haven't experienced team play on this side, and I can imagine 2 of me with my style would make it impossible for the Hunter to keep up. 3, even 4 Chances are even slimmer.

I would bet BTZ was meant to be competitive at all stages of this game. It's clearly not and the mode has lost a lot of interest from my perspective.

if the hunter went up against 2 of me they would easily lose against 3 or 4 of me there would be 2 killing nests and 2 killing the hunter if they didnt rage quit we were doing something wrog , (i havent lost 1v1 against a hunter yet even pre patch) but as the hunter i dont lose often either its all about how you play i honestly prefer 2-4v1 matches as its more fun and requires less patience 

Hunter should be remade to gain perks and allow more diverse style game play. But you can only choose One version from the start and not access them all.

Couple examples, More UV resistance , Faster Sprint/Tackles, High Health Points,quicker Claw attacks.

Fired up BTZ today after a few days to see if I can still enjoy it. 3 matches with a "new breed" of hunters - survivors. Using camouflage almost all the time and grappling hooks to chase and hunt me! Yes I had to escape and they were after me. That`s was their tactic. Guns etc etc. I had a few kills and one of them was successful uv block - uv spit - pounce - ground pounding the flare - pounce. Imagine that they called me a cheeser! They went like "its getting nerfed, devs said" also. Don`t understand why survivors think that they should win all the time. Wheres a spirit of competition. Seeing this and then some ridiculous demands to nerf the ground pond makes me think about leaving this mode. Shame because I used to enjoy it really.

1 v 1 isn't a problem but when an entire group does it..arggh, good grief. Gotta make sure you have command of high ground to avoid those pesky DFA.  Personally I like the challenge of trying to kill them while they're all camo'd because it does create a certain level of satisfaction when you manage to get the better of em' but it is an annoyance overall. I remember someone here suggested a Hunter ability to go stealth like the survivors via crouching. That to me would give survivors a taste (albeit limited in comparisons to Survivors who can still zip around while camouflaged) of their own medicine. Of course also devs can just limit the use of camo too :-/ .

1 v 1 isn't a problem but when an entire group does it..arggh, good grief. Gotta make sure you have command of high ground to avoid those pesky DFA.  Personally I like the challenge of trying to kill them while they're all camo'd because it does create a certain level of satisfaction when you manage to get the better of em' but it is an annoyance overall. I remember someone here suggested a Hunter ability to go stealth like the survivors via crouching. That to me would give survivors a taste (albeit limited in comparisons to Survivors who can still zip around while camouflaged) of their own medicine. Of course also devs can just limit the use of camo too :-/ .

i think when the hunter isnt using the tendrils he cant be detected till he is just outside of pounce range (tendrils showing still applies for 5 secs after the use of them)

i think when the hunter isnt using the tendrils he cant be detected till he is just outside of pounce range (tendrils showing still applies for 5 secs after the use of them)

Huh, no kidding? New, news to me. Can anyone else confirm this? (looking at you George).

@ DarkWC

Ah dammit. Got me all excited. I had fired up my PS4 and was getting ready to test this out :( .

Yea, another idea that is worth testing.

well its that or remove survivor sense or change how that works (which i personally think what i said would work best)

Hunter should be remade to gain perks and allow more diverse style game play. But you can only choose One version from the start and not access them all.

Couple examples, More UV resistance , Faster Sprint/Tackles, High Health Points,quicker Claw attacks.

Kind of like tiers of abilities that you have to choose from sort of like destiny subclasses where you pick which ones you think are better for what ever scenario? I think something like that would be good.

more health perk faster melee melee buff health buff resistance to elemental buff emp howl would be cool set all ablities and actions on cooldown from people in range. maybe even a sticky spit slows survivors down or maybe one that messes there vision up so its hard to see BTW all humans have nightvision saw a dude on stream just crank up his gama n he didnt even need survivor sense 

more health perk faster melee melee buff health buff resistance to elemental buff emp howl would be cool set all ablities and actions on cooldown from people in range. maybe even a sticky spit slows survivors down or maybe one that messes there vision up so its hard to see BTW all humans have nightvision saw a dude on stream just crank up his gama n he didnt even need survivor sense

Yeah NH health should be pushed up to 200 right along with humans I think that would balance the damage between the 2 in a duel it should really be the exact same amount of attack between the 2 except humans can practically one hit you with a hard swing which is a good thing but the light attacks should be doing the exact same that would make it actually relie on the skill of how Players engage each other of course I'm talking in a more fist fight scenario but I think if it was more balanced in that aspect people would want to do it more rather than flee and/or use spits/flares/UV etc...

Hunter health is not the issue, you probably want to ask the dev to increase the how many hit should the hunter can receive, since the parameter is based on how many hit a weapon would require hunter to the death,

like sword it need 3 hit no matter what the color and the damage, axe/hammer 2 hit, rifle 14-21 hit, headshot 4-6 hit

Yeah NH health should be pushed up to 200 right along with humans I think that would balance the damage between the 2 in a duel it should really be the exact same amount of attack between the 2 except humans can practically one hit you with a hard swing which is a good thing but the light attacks should be doing the exact same that would make it actually relie on the skill of how Players engage each other of course I'm talking in a more fist fight scenario but I think if it was more balanced in that aspect people would want to do it more rather than flee and/or use spits/flares/UV etc...