MNP

Loot Rarity? When Do You Find The Best Loot?

When do you find the best loot?

What factors is to consider when wishing to "farm" good weapons, and when do you have the highest chance to find gold rarity weapons?

I think the factors is (but I don't know)

Number of players - The more players, the better loot.

Hard mode - I don't know, but after running through both the slums and old town a few times, both on normal and on hard mode, I found a bit better weapons when in hard mode, than in normal (found less green and more purple)

Night - I haven't noticed a too bit difference in finding better loot, when it turns night, but it might ony be a few % it changes.

So I think the situation where you have the highest chance to find gold weaponry is

4 Players co-op

Hard mode

Night time

But I don't know, that is why I am asking.

I dont think hard mode gives you more loot find, its the opposite, as it sayed when you active it : "Attention loot become scarcier", I've farm really long time in hard mod+ and here is what I've noticed.

Blue chest : most grey weapon (Green and blue on normal)

purple chest : most green weapon and blue.

Orange chest : most blue weapon, sometime purple very rare orange.

On a 4 hours run on hard I usually find 0 orange weapons, in the same time on normal I found 3.

I think the stats are really thin to find a gold weapon, and its totally random. Maybe the CM or someone from the dev team can give us some top secret precisions here.

I think Maxor is correct about the loot in Normal mode and Hard mode. I am going through Hard mode now and I do believe that I found much better weapons in Normal.

Very Hard locked vans are the best bet and then the silver colored hard locked chest will be next.

Good luck.

If what you guys say is true, then hardmode is hereby, in my opinion, USELESS.

If the game gets harder, then I expect the loot to become better, end of discussion, I don't go hardmode, just so I can find trash, after chopping my way through thrice as many enemies.

If loot would be more scarce, then I would expect that it means there is a lesser chance to actually find something, but then when you do, is something GOOD.

Which then leaves out player-count and night-time, I haven't heard anything, so it's still a questionmark for me.

BTW. I knew the thing about the police vans and chest (the harder the lock, the better the loot, duh.)

ALLSO Maxor, when you say "blue", "purple" and "orange" chests, i presume that you mean the color of the indicator, when you see it with survivor sense, just to clear it up.

Last thing, in my opinion, the worst thing about hard mode, is that you can only see weapons and volatiles when useing survivor sense, it's not harder, IT'S F*CKING ANNOYING (and makes me have a bad experience, because it makes it annoying, instead of harder)

Well the hard mode is just here to make you play in tougher conditions. At my opinion, vendors should not have any orange weapons to sell on any difficulty, but meanwhile the chance of drop should be increased, specially in real very hard chest (not vans) wich are very rare.  But most of the time they loot pouches.

When do you find the best loot?

What factors is to consider when wishing to "farm" good weapons, and when do you have the highest chance to find gold rarity weapons?

I think the factors is (but I don't know)

Number of players - The more players, the better loot.

Hard mode - I don't know, but after running through both the slums and old town a few times, both on normal and on hard mode, I found a bit better weapons when in hard mode, than in normal (found less green and more purple)

Night - I haven't noticed a too bit difference in finding better loot, when it turns night, but it might ony be a few % it changes.

So I think the situation where you have the highest chance to find gold weaponry is

4 Players co-op

Hard mode

Night time

But I don't know, that is why I am asking.

Once ur around lvl 20 in survivore go to the salesman on first floor in the tower chech him in he dosnt have any orange just sleep and check agin iv gottin over 60 orange in 20 mins buy doing this ... im on xbox

Best ways to find Kings are police cars (not vans) and very hard little chests, found 3 this morning in 2 hours, demolishers could loot as well. otherwise go on a public game to make again the quests "the bunker" and "fanzone".

What I would do, (I don't know why this works the way it does) is go to houses in Old Town, and there will be one door inside probably every other house you search that has a medium lock picking, pick the lock, and get in. On the ground there is usually a brown chest with gold around the side, and it is a very hard loot box but with no lockpicking involved. But like I said, this is not as common as you would think, but still, it's decently common.