Failkiller17

Have A Cool Down Time For The Zombies Ground Pound

GP is weak humans need cooldowns on all items a universal one so they cant spam one whip out the other spam it all actions in the game needs cooldown so its more a tactics game for both side then just tactics for hunter and uv spam for humans

You're at a disadvantage on rooftops, also this player had plenty of time to avoid the second GnP. But he got greedy and tried to melee the hunter instead of dodging. This is an example of the survivor making a poor decision on engaging the hunter on a rooftop and then getting greedy. That could have been an easy kill if he had just been a bit more patient.

The ground pound has a big radius so I don't think he could have avoided it plus now hunters are using a game breaking trick so you do have to go after them most of the time depending if they use the trick or not or if they know how to use it right. Basically if the hunter is going up against any number of survivors he going to win majority of the time with this trick he basically uses uv block and then spits a horde shot right next a human then pounces them know long he going to fail but since the animation takes a while by the time it's done the spit explodes and the humans scatter and using the same technique the hunter could easily kill them. I play as hunter every so often but I don't consider myself that good of hunter but here goes the link https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yz9LwqoGfm4

do you meant excessive ground pound like this?

And yet you still didn't die. You also had enough time to back up and use a medkit if you wanted to on a roof of all places.

The ground pound has a big radius so I don't think he could have avoided it plus now hunters are using a game breaking trick so you do have to go after them most of the time depending if they use the trick or not or if they know how to use it right. Basically if the hunter is going up against any number of survivors he going to win majority of the time with this trick he basically uses uv block and then spits a horde shot right next a human then pounces them know long he going to fail but since the animation takes a while by the time it's done the spit explodes and the humans scatter and using the same technique the hunter could easily kill them. I play as hunter every so often but I don't consider myself that good of hunter but here goes the link https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yz9LwqoGfm4

That in no way guarantees a win. It only guarantees that your spit doesn't miss. That's only half the work and survivors have a counter for any follow ups, you aren't completely dead the moment you get hit with a spit confirm.

Also those guys in the video are really bad. No dropkicks, no death from above while you were in the water (easy kill), water camping (risking a forfeit), attacking the nest while the nest defenses were still up, not healing with a medkit, etc.

For them to have survivor levels of 24-25 their teamwork and execution was horrible.

Edited by jcks

Yes he could have avoided the second GnP with one dodge. But he tunnel visioned for the kill. Lots of new players do that. Discipline and patience wins this game as the survivor not how many times you can hit the hunter. He never even attempted to dodge which tells me he isn't used to the idea.

Either way the technique breaks the team up and they have either two choice go up on higher ground or jump in th water by doing either of those they are easy target especially the survivors that go up on the buildings all you need to do is ground pound them or do the same technique but with a uv suppressor and there done unless there's a TEAMATE nearby which is rare unless communication is there. I'm pretty damn good at playing the survivor but if your going one v one with someone who knows how to use this technique your dead not only that even if you have a full team it's hard to destroy any hives due to the horde spit and especially if they spam the ground pound. the more players the faster the ability recharges and every time they use that horde spit people have to spilt us to get away from the bombers.

do you meant excessive ground pound like this?

First off, he's ground pounrding you into walls, that's how it works. it's an enclosed area, if he were to ground pound you off the building, which there was basically a 50 % chance off he wouldn't be able to do that again. It would be the same as if you continously drop kicked him, second off. by the end of the ground pounding, where he has already ground pounded you 3-4 times you hit him ONCE with your blade. and you're at the same place health-wise. is that fair?

Edited by Nipple

Either way that ground pounding is excessive and its constant in that video the hunter could have shot a spit or something but he just continues with the ground pound but I do agree that the hunter should be able to take more hits since when his energy is depleted he could barely move.

Either way the technique breaks the team up and they have either two choice go up on higher ground or jump in th water by doing either of those they are easy target especially the survivors that go up on the buildings all you need to do is ground pound them or do the same technique but with a uv suppressor and there done unless there's a TEAMATE nearby which is rare unless communication is there. I'm pretty damn good at playing the survivor but if your going one v one with someone who knows how to use this technique your dead not only that even if you have a full team it's hard to destroy any hives due to the horde spit and especially if they spam the ground pound. the more players the faster the ability recharges and every time they use that horde spit people have to spilt us to get away from the bombers.

I'll respond to this as well. Quite simply Fairkiller, that's how a game works. if you don't manage to dodge the hordespit, you either get up on a roof, or you're dead, if you haven't managed to deplete ANY of the night hunters UV by the time you're climbing/ using the grappling hook then you deserve to die, cus you've made mistakes. however if you're up on the roof, and you again manage to get hit by UV suppresant, and you get pounced, that's not unfair. that's GETTING OUTPLAYED. and that's how multiplayer games work, you don't have infinite chances in a multiplayer game

Dude did you see the link that I posted even if you have teamates with you if he uses that technique your done for.Especially in one v one if the hunter gets you with that it's basically over. My question to you is it fair or do you have any ideas how to make it more balanced???because if they approach you with uv block on already what and they get you with the technique that the hunter has been using you are going to get spit on you no matter what unless they shot it off in another direction or to far but either way you probably only going to take down his energy half then the survivors going to have to grappling hope up onto a building by then the hunter is going to do the same procces.

Dude did you see the link that I posted even if you have teamates with you if he uses that technique your done for.Especially in one v one if the hunter gets you with that it's basically over. My question to you is it fair or do you have any ideas how to make it more balanced???because if they approach you with uv block on already what and they get you with the technique that the hunter has been using you are going to get spit on you no matter what unless they shot it off in another direction or to far but either way you probably only going to take down his energy half then the survivors going to have to grappling hope up onto a building by then the hunter is going to do the same procces.

I saw the vid, If you had kept slicing him instead of running away with a gun at the end, you would've killed him...

You don't have to get up high to avoid a horde. They can be outrun on foot and show up on the mini map so you know where to look for gaps. But the biggest counter of all? Camouflage/cloak potion. Stops hordes instantly and thanks to the item dupe glitch from prepatch there are people who have any infinite amount them.

So in total there 3 ways to avoid a horde spit. You know how many ways you can avoid dropkick and death from above? 0.

Edited by jcks

That wasn't me :/ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yz9LwqoGfm4 one things that should be change to benefit hunters though are the distance of the uv Ray and they should be able to take more damage.

ok what's the point of that video. it's a fairly won game. you're confusing me here man. there's no "ground pound pinning" going on in this vid, and I watched it all

Here are two examples.

https://youtu.be/N97Mv8HkdIE?t=4m32s

Prepatch. I hit this guy with a horde spit slam and keep him occupied long enough for my horde to show up. He kills me but the horde is right on his trail so he should be heading somewhere high right? Nope. He just runs to my nest which is on the ground, one shots it and moves on all while being chased by at least 4 horde zombies. By the time I respawn I already lost the nest, even with a horde chasing him.

I tag these guys with my horde spit plenty of times in this video (even once while he was in a train car) but each time the horde would stop chasing them the second they gulped down one of their infinite cloak potions.

Oh and jumping in some water also works too. It's ridiculous how many ways survivors can escape death when it takes so much effort for a hunter to set up just one kill.

Sorry I was going back and forth with someone earlier because they said 4v 1 is really unbalanced so I sent him the link and showed him how this technique is game breaking due to fact that the survivor has almost no chance of dodging the spit because before the hunger spits he activates uv block then spits a horde of uv SUPPRESOR then at the same time the hunter knows he's not going to get a successful pounce but does it anyway just to let the animation to take affect so the spit can explode and get the survivors . I think it's not fair what about you??

Sorry I was going back and forth with someone earlier because they said 4v 1 is really unbalanced so I sent him the link and showed him how this technique is game breaking due to fact that the survivor has almost no chance of dodging the spit because before the hunger spits he activates uv block then spits a horde of uv SUPPRESOR then at the same time the hunter knows he's not going to get a successful pounce but does it anyway just to let the animation to take affect so the spit can explode and get the survivors . I think it's not fair what about you??

I will agree that it's kind of an exploit. However I call it more of a combo. you can only target one person with that technique, and a well coordinated hunter could've just grappled up to a roof by the tiem you returned for a second sweep.

I will agree that it's kind of an exploit. However I call it more of a combo. you can only target one person with that technique, and a well coordinated hunter could've just grappled up to a roof by the tiem you returned for a second sweep.

It's not an exploit at all. It's not a glitch and it's definitely not a cheat either. It's legitimate strategy that involves moderate risk. It takes 3 abilities to execute this technique flawlessly along with full energy, and that's only half the work. If you don't manage to kill them afterwards then that's one spit (or two if you used both) and one uv block that you have to wait for to recharge to try again. This can be easily negated if survivors are near water since the timeout is longer than the effects of each spit.

I can see that potion being annoying but they did set up a time limit for the survivors when they enter the water though I know it's only when half of the team enters...what do you think they should do about the water then? I know some horde zombies do fall in the water and explode but it doesn't kill the humans since there not near the edge.i mean the hunter could stay in the water to but the survivor can rain death if he's near surface.

The timer on the water is fine. Night hunters just have to use a little self restraint and keep in mind that jumping into the water is a possible escape route for survivors. From there they can plan around that, possibly use the time survivors spend in the water to recharge abilities and intimidate them from the sides.

No offense Failkiller17, but seriously, learn how to play. You are crying about groundpound and uv block-spit-pounce and i don't understand why. If hunter miss GP, he is dead and if he fail uv block-spit-pounce he loses 2 skills so shut up and get better at the game. Humans have counter to anything, except uv spitsmash but that is no way spammable.

If Devs ever change their game just bc somebody can OUTPLAY you, this mode will die.. I love this mode and i don't want it to happen. I don't mean to be rude. I mean you just have to improve your tactics.

. I'm just trying to bring attention to some of the things that I think need to be fix so just like you I have the right to post my concerns about the game if you don't like that and your going to get all pissy then you shouldn't have even made an account and if you don't like what I'm saying then just don't post anything back and if you would have read my first post I like how they made the mode even more hard I'm not asking them to make it easier I'm just stating what I think is unfair I even listed stuff that was op that the human have.My main concern is the ground pound and that uv block spit not to mention that after ground pounding a survivor off a building into midair he can tackle him right after and send him flying or how hunters can tackle humans while their in water if they know how to do so. Or how after entering an animation the player can just hold R2 (ps4) and ground pound.

Edited by Failkiller17

My main concern is the ground pound and that uv block spit not to mention that after ground pounding a survivor off a building into midair he can tackle him right after and send him flying or how hunters can tackle humans while their in water if they know how to do so. Or how after entering an animation the player can just hold R2 (ps4) and ground

If the hunter is smart enough to start charging a GP in mid animation, or manage to GP you off building, that is called GOOD PLAYING or simply YOU FAIL to DODGE. You have 24/7 track of hunter so you can't say you did'nt saw him coming.

I don't know about tackling in water or mid air but those are probably bugs or latency issues.

Sure you can post whatever you want, but no-one is going to take you seriously if you really think that GP is somehow OP.

First off, he's ground pounrding you into walls, that's how it works. it's an enclosed area, if he were to ground pound you off the building, which there was basically a 50 % chance off he wouldn't be able to do that again. It would be the same as if you continously drop kicked him, second off. by the end of the ground pounding, where he has already ground pounded you 3-4 times you hit him ONCE with your blade. and you're at the same place health-wise. is that fair?

If he were to ground pound me off the building, i probably will die from the fall or die from the horde spit or he will just after me and GP me again which he did in that game.

i only manage to hit him because he miss his tackle but if he still GP spam me from above i probably wont manage to hit him at all, beside that is how it works since the dev said hunter arent supposed to be to win in melee combat, beside you looking at this wrong, he shouldn't be able to spam GP that is the problem

You don't have to get up high to avoid a horde. They can be outrun on foot and show up on the mini map so you know where to look for gaps. But the biggest counter of all? Camouflage/cloak potion. Stops hordes instantly and thanks to the item dupe glitch from prepatch there are people who have any infinite amount them.

So in total there 3 ways to avoid a horde spit. You know how many ways you can avoid dropkick and death from above? 0.

you can avoid DK and DfA if you always know where is the survivor is thats one, two by GP you can avoid Dropkick, three Tendril away when you can, if your energy is depleted then uv block then tendril away

four, don't stand beside a building where a survivor can DfA, in 1.5 the dev already increase the height requirement to DfA.

It's not an exploit at all. It's not a glitch and it's definitely not a cheat either. It's legitimate strategy that involves moderate risk. It takes 3 abilities to execute this technique flawlessly along with full energy, and that's only half the work. If you don't manage to kill them afterwards then that's one spit (or two if you used both) and one uv block that you have to wait for to recharge to try again. This can be easily negated if survivors are near water since the timeout is longer than the effects of each spit.

This is the problem is posted in my thread http://forum.techland.pl/topic/9378-bugs-bugs-bugs/

and the problem with UV Block - Spit - Pounce is the survivor cant avoid the spit at all, if they even manage to avoid the pounce since most survivor tend to panic when a hunter and a spit is near them..

No offense Failkiller17, but seriously, learn how to play. You are crying about groundpound and uv block-spit-pounce and i don't understand why. If hunter miss GP, he is dead and if he fail uv block-spit-pounce he loses 2 skills so shut up and get better at the game. Humans have counter to anything, except uv spitsmash but that is no way spammable.

If Devs ever change their game just bc somebody can OUTPLAY you, this mode will die.. I love this mode and i don't want it to happen. I don't mean to be rude. I mean you just have to improve your tactics.

this is can be used as spam too in more than 1vs1 since the spit and uv are regenerate faster,but the unavoidable is what i think is need to be corrected

i also love this mode that's why i hopefully they manage to balance it more and stop the cheater

anyway we will see how the dev handle all of these, hopefully there is an improvement in BTZ mode in the next update. in hunter side and survivor side