Failkiller17

Have A Cool Down Time For The Zombies Ground Pound

Humans only have 10 lives while Hunters have unlimited lives until all their nests are destroyed. They have many more reasons for a med kit too, such as fall damage, the zombies that turn into the runners, and Goons. So it is fair.

How does this justify being able to heal instantly whenever and hold a near infinite supply of medkits?

All those things you mentioned are consequences for decisions made by survivors. You should not be able to heal yourself out of every bad situation all the time at any time.

I'm getting the feeling people don't want the night hunter to be able to do anything up close. Like he deserves to instantly die if he stands anywhere near you.

Let's make it so just looking at the night hunter drains his health from any range. That'll teach him for trying to defend his nests!

Edited by jcks

How does this justify being able to heal instantly whenever and hold a near infinite supply of medkits?

All those things you mentioned are consequences for decisions made by survivors. You should not be able to heal yourself out of every bad situation all the time at any time.

It justifies being able to heal instantly because there are multiple injuries that Humans should be able to recover from that Hunters don't have. 

Are those injuries unavoidable? Is it something that happens every game and there's nothing you can do about it?

I'm not saying take away the ability to heal but when you are under heavy pressure healing should not be your first option, it should be trying to get away. The ability to heal in the middle of an engagement completely resets the situation and makes it that much harder to kill survivors. The only time a survivor is pressured to run away is when they're hit with a horde spit but even then it's just about getting somewhere high.

No we want the night hunter to fight but if all he's doing is ground pounding away then how is that far???sure we got guns we can light him up but at the same time we don't have infinite Ammo .Everyone keeps saying that were trying to make the hunter defenseless which we are obviously not trying to do if you even read what I posted -.-.All I'm saying is there should be some sort of cool down time for the hunters ground pound plus did you even consider what the hunters ground pound does to the humans??? Like I've said before the hunter could basically wipe out the humans flares in an instant with a ground pound. Plus when the hunter is trying to recharge his spits all he has to do is stay on top a building the humans can't even get close because they get grounded pounded off of the building.

You do know ground pound is his only good close range option right? If a hunter runs up to you trying to claw you to death he will die.

Asking to nerf ground pound anymore is like asking for survivors to use 1/3 stamina with every melee swing. You are basically stripping the night hunter if any means to keep humans from rushing him 24/7

It justifies being able to heal instantly because there are multiple injuries that Humans should be able to recover from that Hunters don't have. 

no hunters just have 3 hits then dead (from all melee weapons and dropkicks)without a night booster potion(which some people spam) a hunter can hit the human like a dozen times before they die , tackle requires like 5(if human is dumb and dont dodge them) ground pound requires bout 5 (assuming human aint dumb and dodge them) in the time it takes to recover from a ground pound a human can kill the hunter and still have time to piss on the hunter

then you have all the other methods a human can use to hurt the hunter :guns , car traps(rare), fence traps(rare), tackle(no animation lock and only way to dodge is to tendril away) , barrels(hunters can only blow them up with a horde explosion) , all melee weapons(small weapons hit so fast hunter has no chance at times) , dfa (which is still to low of a distance) , grenades , bombs , throwing stars and safe zones , then you got the fact against 2 skilled players who know what to do hunter has no chance

Are those injuries unavoidable? Is it something that happens every game and there's nothing you can do about it?

I'm not saying take away the ability to heal but when you are under heavy pressure healing should not be your first option, it should be trying to get away. The ability to heal in the middle of an engagement completely resets the situation and makes it that much harder to kill survivors. The only time a survivor is pressured to run away is when they're hit with a horde spit but even then it's just about getting somewhere high.

The injuries are avoidable but the fact is that it can happen and that it does take damage away from the Human. In which the Hunter can take advantage of when putting pressure on the injured human and play offensively.

As to healing during battle it all depends on the circumstances of the Human and Hunter.

You do know ground pound is his only good close range option right? If a hunter runs up to you trying to claw you to death he will die.

Asking to nerf ground pound anymore is like asking for survivors to use 1/3 stamina with every melee swing. You are basically stripping the night hunter if any means to keep humans from rushing him 24/7

Clawing is the weakest attack by the Hunter and it's only suggested to be a last resort attack. 

There is more than one way to get the humans from rushing you. It will not strip away the Hunter's defense from Humans.

no hunters just have 3 hits then dead (from all melee weapons and dropkicks)without a night booster potion(which some people spam) a hunter can hit the human like a dozen times before they die , tackle requires like 5(if human is dumb and dont dodge them) ground pound requires bout 5 (assuming human aint dumb and dodge them) in the time it takes to recover from a ground pound a human can kill the hunter and still have time to piss on the hunter

then you have all the other methods a human can use to hurt the hunter :guns , car traps(rare), fence traps(rare), tackle(no animation lock and only way to dodge is to tendril away) , barrels(hunters can only blow them up with a horde explosion) , all melee weapons(small weapons hit so fast hunter has no chance at times) , dfa (which is still to low of a distance) , grenades , bombs , throwing stars and safe zones , then you got the fact against 2 skilled players who know what to do hunter has no chance

I can see how the 3 hits and 3 drop kicks to kill can be seen as OP, but you got to keep in mind that the Hunter can tendril away from most of those situations and the Hunter's agility is greater than the Humans. Most of those situations are avoidable for the Hunter, if the Hunter knows how to play. Plus the matchmaking system is supposed to pair up Hunters and Humans with the same skill level. 

really a failed ground pound (which can glitch and happen anytime) = death against anyone using fast weapon and even more so against someone with a speed booster on

tendrils cant be used if out of energy(which happens alot) if theres a cd on ground pound then there needs to be a cd on dodge and dropkick as GP is the only real defence against dropkick as i have been hit as i tendril away as it can auto aim into the air , 

i play as both human and hunter and i could list everything that would make balancing fair 

biggest issue is scalling from 4v1 to 1v1 isnt at all even 1v1 revive time on hunter is long enough that someone with night hunter booster on to destroy the nests spits take far to long to respawn when 1v1 , , and if 2v1 the hunter needs ground pound more then ever

Ahhhh dude honestly we ain't trying to make the hunter weak or anything I do agree though that the hunter should be able to take more than 3 hits though but ground pound are to excessive .another thing I do agree to though since you keep complaing about it is the booster ok they should just take the night hunter booster out or only allow you to use it once per life or game I really don't care about the boosters because I never use them. as for the drop kicks they miss a good majority of the time and you can see yourself flying threw the hunters chest and the hunters agility is way faster than a human and if you go in with out uv block in and did it just shows that your an inexperienced hunter.

Ahhhh dude honestly we ain't trying to make the hunter weak or anything I do agree though that the hunter should be able to take more than 3 hits though but ground pound are to excessive .another thing I do agree to though since you keep complaing about it is the booster ok they should just take the night hunter booster out or only allow you to use it once per life or game I really don't care about the boosters because I never use them. as for the drop kicks they miss a good majority of the time and you can see yourself flying threw the hunters chest and the hunters agility is way faster than a human and if you go in with out uv block in and did it just shows that your an inexperienced hunter.

theres tatics that require uv block to be used or what about when a human chase downs the hunter , dropkick and DODGE need to have a cd if ground pound gets one

and a failed gp takes longer to recover from then a failed tackle initiated after ground pound

Okay bro I can understand boosters but dodge and drop kick are you that bad your asking for a handicap already haha lol. Won't happen due to how often we need to use it to evade the hunter spits as well as the other zombies that are roaming around such as goons and the walkers that turn into runners now those guys are a pain to kill plus the drop kick can be evaded with the hunters speed. I can understand when you get drop kicked and the human can just keep drop kicking you but the hunter can ground pound or run away. In the end drop kicking can be evaded if you are good at being the hunter I've seen a lot of hunters counter it either by spitting horde on the floor or a uv suppresor or as I said ground pound.

really a failed ground pound (which can glitch and happen anytime) = death against anyone using fast weapon and even more so against someone with a speed booster on

tendrils cant be used if out of energy(which happens alot) if theres a cd on ground pound then there needs to be a cd on dodge and dropkick as GP is the only real defence against dropkick as i have been hit as i tendril away as it can auto aim into the air , 

i play as both human and hunter and i could list everything that would make balancing fair 

biggest issue is scalling from 4v1 to 1v1 isnt at all even 1v1 revive time on hunter is long enough that someone with night hunter booster on to destroy the nests spits take far to long to respawn when 1v1 , , and if 2v1 the hunter needs ground pound more then ever

Why would there need to be a cool down on a doge and drop kicks? You can't drop kick a Hunter instantly after you drop kick one. You can only doge a tackle once per tackle lol. Even then the drop kicks aren't always successful and the same thing with the doge. There's a penalty for failing to doge and failing a dropkick just like there is for a ground pound. A dropkick and doge can't be overused as much as the successful ground pound. The ground pound (sucessful) has a very short delay between another ground pound.

As for you list of what is OP or not I suggest you post it so the developers can see what you think is balanced and take it into consideration when they balance out the game.

Okay bro I can understand boosters but dodge and drop kick are you that bad your asking for a handicap already haha lol. Won't happen due to how often we need to use it to evade the hunter spits as well as the other zombies that are roaming around such as goons and the walkers that turn into runners now those guys are a pain to kill plus the drop kick can be evaded with the hunters speed. I can understand when you get drop kicked and the human can just keep drop kicking you but the hunter can ground pound or run away. In the end drop kicking can be evaded if you are good at being the hunter I've seen a lot of hunters counter it either by spitting horde on the floor or a uv suppresor or as I said ground pound.

im level 51 rank 10 yeah im really bad , i know what isnt fair, and being able to just hit dodge button nonstop isnt fair to be able to chain dropkick isnt fair , and ground pound is so easy to miss (glitch or dodged) i killed 2 flare spammers at level 4 before the patch so dont even start about me asking for a handicap 

and using spit to counter dropkick doesnt help if they just keep dropkicking you the window for ground pound against a drop kick is very narrow, and if you have military rifle you blast into the hunter they get left with minimal hp if they run straight away

if we gunna make hunters have no chance in melee lets just make them ohk a 1 sec flash of uv light instanlty drains them 1 bullet kills them all zombies are hostile to the hunter and they can only move at a snails pace , ive tried to be reasonable and i know from both sides and i see what works against amateurs of both that dodge dropkick and ground pound all three need a small cd but you wont accept that either do , and guess what 1v1 a skilled human can be all but the best hunters but a skilled hunter can be beaten by slightlty skilled humans if they have just a basic understanding of what to do , in 2/3/4v1 skilled humans will always beat 97% of hunters , 

with just dodge and the uv light no medkits or any throawbles or booster at level 5 survivor 4 power and 5 agility i beat a level 20 hunter(after patch in hard mode) so tell me again how making ground pound even more useless is fair or balanced?

Why would there need to be a cool down on a doge and drop kicks? You can't drop kick a Hunter instantly after you drop kick one. You can only doge a tackle once per tackle lol. Even then the drop kicks aren't always successful and the same thing with the doge. There's a penalty for failing to doge and failing a dropkick just like there is for a ground pound. A dropkick and doge can't be overused as much as the successful ground pound. The ground pound (sucessful) has a very short delay between another ground pound.

As for you list of what is OP or not I suggest you post it so the developers can see what you think is balanced and take it into consideration when they balance out the game.

really try hitting someone with spit that just spams dodge unless you get lucky and stick them (which is rare even when not dodging) they use 1 further dodge they are out of spit explosion radius , and drop kicks can be chained together to kill hunters and a upgraded ground pound is easy to get away from when being spammed even when backed into a corner , i am a skilled hunter and survivor and i can tell you know all three arent balanced well if you get stuck in a ground pound chain its you own fault if you die 

top 2 pics are proof of my level and rank 

https://twitter.com/darkwolfcub/media

Edited by darkwolfcub

really try hitting someone with spit that just spams dodge unless you get lucky and stick them (which is rare even when not dodging) they use 1 further dodge they are out of spit explosion radius , and drop kicks can be chained together to kill hunters and a upgraded ground pound is easy to get away from when being spammed even when backed into a corner , i am a skilled hunter and survivor and i can tell you know all three arent balanced well if you get stuck in a ground pound chain its you own fault if you die 

top 2 pics are proof of my level and rank 

https://twitter.com/darkwolfcub/media

Same goes to the Hunter, if you get stuck in a corner it's your own fault if you die because of the lack of skill. I guess some people want the Hunter to get automatic kills with the Hunter rather than actually trying.

Pounces can be chained together and do you hear Human players complaining about that? People don't know how to use the Hunter right, that's why everyone says it's underpowered.

Edited by Broko

Same goes to the Hunter, if you get stuck in a corner it's your own fault if you die because of the lack of skill. I guess some people want the Hunter to get automatic kills with the Hunter rather than actually trying.

Pounces can be chained together and do you hear Human players complaining about that? People don't know how to use the Hunter right, that's why everyone says it's underpowered.

Everyone? I love the way the Hunter is now.

dude im a high ranking high level hunter and i know its underpowered , the hunter when compared to the human has less abilities less offensive options less defensive options and only slightly better movement options , the hunter is underpowered just cause a highly skilled player can win alot with it doesnt mean its underpowered , if a average hunter goes up against a average human the human should wiin 7/10 times now if it goes up against 2 average players they will win 9/10 and 3 or 4 average players should never lose (AGAINST A AVERAGE HUNTER) a average hunter should have slight edge against 1-4 players 

Dude just because your a high ranking hunter doesn't mean anything it just means you play more often than other people rank and your rank doesn't matter because A player can be a high rank and still be awful but enjoy the game. Where on earth are you getting these odds from dude 7/10 times don't joke around with me on those odds the hunter is suppose to be strategic when ever he goes on the offensive and even when he's playing defensive. I've played against a lot of hunters already and it is pretty difficult going one v one with one ,but it depends if your going against a person who knows how to use the hunter. The hunters I have played they are strategic about every move they make when I start to uv them a lil they use there uv block and spit a horde or a SUPPRESOR right beside me then pounce knowing that'll they will miss but that the horde or the suppresor will make contact with me. All Im saying is a cool down time for ground pound I ain't trying to go back and forth with people but for some reason people get the wrong idea. With my suggestion They immediately say well the humans op which its not the cases if your a skilled hunter,but yes they could do without the boosters. Unlike the people who are commenting and saying the hunter is underpowered and not taking The time to see both sides, I have actually thought about both the hunter and the human so I do agree with you guys that the hunter should be able to take more damage and boosted should have limit in the game as well as the uv light its radius is pretty far but at the same time the hunter should have a cool down on the ground pound.....the people who want the ground pound to stay the way it is aren't going to agree with me due to the fact that they use the ground pound a lot or excessively and if that makes the hunter "underpowered" your probably not good at being hunter

No one said anything about the hunter being underpowered. We're just disputing your theories with examples of survivor traits that are op.

Your whole reasoning for adding more recovery on hit for ground pound is unfounded because there already is recovery long enough to prevent chaining. Not to mention survivors recover mid air from a ground pound so there's no excuse to get caught in follow up unless you are in a closed area or rushing the night hunter. If you're in a closed area you really shouldn't be complaining because the walls allow you to recover even faster and kill the night Hunter before he can kill you. It takes 5 ground pounds to kill a survivor, the night hunter dies in 3 hits. You can hit him twice and the second hit will trade due to latency. After that just one more hit and he's dead while he still needs to ground pound you 4 more times.

Ground pound is a defensive option used for escaping (temporarily stops survivors from using uv so you can tendril away). The game even explains this on the tips during load screens. In no way can it be used to destroy survivors in cqc.

@Broko, in what platform do you play?

PS4

dude im a high ranking high level hunter and i know its underpowered , the hunter when compared to the human has less abilities less offensive options less defensive options and only slightly better movement options , the hunter is underpowered just cause a highly skilled player can win alot with it doesnt mean its underpowered , if a average hunter goes up against a average human the human should wiin 7/10 times now if it goes up against 2 average players they will win 9/10 and 3 or 4 average players should never lose (AGAINST A AVERAGE HUNTER) a average hunter should have slight edge against 1-4 players 

It's all based on the skill level on who's playing. I'm guessing that the Hunter is hard to use for some people.

No one said anything about the hunter being underpowered. We're just disputing your theories with examples of survivor traits that are op.

Your whole reasoning for adding more recovery on hit for ground pound is unfounded because there already is recovery long enough to prevent chaining. Not to mention survivors recover mid air from a ground pound so there's no excuse to get caught in follow up unless you are in a closed area or rushing the night hunter. If you're in a closed area you really shouldn't be complaining because the walls allow you to recover even faster and kill the night Hunter before he can kill you. It takes 5 ground pounds to kill a survivor, the night hunter dies in 3 hits. You can hit him twice and the second hit will trade due to latency. After that just one more hit and he's dead while he still needs to ground pound you 4 more times.

Ground pound is a defensive option used for escaping (temporarily stops survivors from using uv so you can tendril away). The game even explains this on the tips during load screens. In no way can it be used to destroy survivors in cqc.

If you're saying that the Survivor traits are OP than that makes the Hunter underpowered in comparison. 

Also, the ground pound is used as both offensive and defensive and it can be used in CQC to kill Humans. Such as ground pounding Humans into spikes or off a building and the Human can die depending on the height of the building and their reaction time, or even just ground pounding someone to death.

Dude your just bad at playing hunter when you actually hit a human with a ground pound there's no recovery time it's only when the hunter misses the ground pound that's when it takes time to get back up and second of all hunters have more agility than humans so use it to your advantage and the hunters ground pound can stop drop kicks.

If by agility you mean run speed, then sure. Hunters have more "agility". But the fact is a single human can dodge anything a hunter can do. A human can fake out a hunter, run towards him and then quickly dodge backward to avoid a ground pound. Hunters have no ability that can "juke" humans resulting in an easy kill. In CQC the human obviously has the advantage. Im not even sure how this is even questionable. They have much higher melee damage, higher health, and MUCH higher actual agility in terms of situational manueverability, thanks to the dodge ability. This really shouldnt even be a dispute, humans are supposed to be better in CQC. If you dont understand that then you dont understand the power of the dodge ability. Hunters have to charge up the ability to GnP, so in other words it cant be achieved in every situation. Ex: Right after you hit one, you have to charge the next. No matter how limited a window there is, there is still a window for a 1v2+ to dropkick you. If you are fighting on rooftops then you arent a very expeirienced survivor. Not a whole lot of room to dodge, fall damage after a GnP is a probability, and teammates probably arent close enough to help. In CQC a humans UV light can infinately keep a hunter energy drained. Unless ofcourse you are hit by spit which shouldnt happen very often because if you are a decent survivor the dodge ability was the best man at your wedding. Im an Apex Predator as the hunter and Contender as a survivor. (I dont play survivor much because my index finger fell off from hitting dodge so much) So I understand the strengths and weaknesses of both factions. If you are getting hit by GnP, you are either not dodgeing enough, or the hunter is just simply out positioning you. Nothing needs to happen to GnP in my opinion, you guys forget that this game mode can be up to a 1v4. Id understand the nerf if they also nerfed the dodge ability.

If by agility you mean run speed, then sure. Hunters have more "agility". But the fact is a single human can dodge anything a hunter can do. A human can fake out a hunter, run towards him and then quickly dodge backward to avoid a ground pound. Hunters have no ability that can "juke" humans resulting in an easy kill. In CQC the human obviously has the advantage. Im not even sure how this is even questionable. They have much higher melee damage, higher health, and MUCH higher actual agility in terms of situational manueverability, thanks to the dodge ability. This really shouldnt even be a dispute, humans are supposed to be better in CQC. If you dont understand that then you dont understand the power of the dodge ability. Hunters have to charge up the ability to GnP, so in other words it cant be achieved in every situation. Ex: Right after you hit one, you have to charge the next. No matter how limited a window there is, there is still a window for a 1v2+ to dropkick you. If you are fighting on rooftops then you arent a very expeirienced survivor. Not a whole lot of room to dodge, fall damage after a GnP is a probability, and teammates probably arent close enough to help. In CQC a humans UV light can infinately keep a hunter energy drained. Unless ofcourse you are hit by spit which shouldnt happen very often because if you are a decent survivor the dodge ability was the best man at your wedding. Im an Apex Predator as the hunter and Contender as a survivor. (I dont play survivor much because my index finger fell off from hitting dodge so much) So I understand the strengths and weaknesses of both factions. If you are getting hit by GnP, you are either not dodgeing enough, or the hunter is just simply out positioning you. Nothing needs to happen to GnP in my opinion, you guys forget that this game mode can be up to a 1v4. Id understand the nerf if they also nerfed the dodge ability.

Do you understand that the ground pound can be used excessively if the ground pound is successful? The ground pound radius is within dodging distance if the Human is in melee distance. So the ground pound then comes another ground pound right after the first one until someone comes to save you. Not only that, but it also stops the UV temporarily and it takes out flares. So there should definitely be a delay between successful ground pounds because it can be used excessively and the abilities it has.