smartemarte

Nothing Has Changed, Techland Underestimating Lifespan Of Game

Like i said a few weeks ago they had one chance to balance this mode and fix connection problems so they had to be bold.

Basically the patch has done 0 to balance the main issues (uv light range or spit dodging for a few) anyone who says that it is better are trying to be optomistic or don't play against good players as the experienced players have turned the mode off because it is a waste of tim, in my entire time of playing be the zombie I have lost ONCE to the hunter and that was because I had a random partner who got himself killed.

The connection problems are still there it takes me about a hour to get a game..

I explained a few weeks ago that a game like this has a short lifespan its not going to rival the likes of counter strike or league of legends, they have a window of around 4 or 5 months before most players move on so beating around the bush patches do nothing as by the time they actualy get round to thinking of good balance changes they can't put the resources into making the patch happen because there is not enough player base. That is exactly what is going to happen here, as much as i love all the story side updates hardmode etc the be the zombie mode will be dead in a month or two and it frustrates me because it had so much potential, i've turned it off now as i just find it a waste of time tracking the dot on the map, flashing it from miles away with uv, dodging a spit then destroying a nest.

Thanks for the idea but next time actually make a bold patch if you make other problems atleast it mixes the game up rather than the state the game is in now, i have never once thought i was the hunter AS the hunter which oretty much shows how broken the mode is

Agree 100%, the patch was a fix no a balance thing, a fix to the duplication item glitch, 1HK weapons, 1HD nests...the dodge distan, the uv light range and the survivor sence spam are the same...with those three things, the Survivor own BE THE ZOMBIE mode...

Like i said a few weeks ago they had one chance to balance this mode and fix connection problems so they had to be bold.

Basically the patch has done 0 to balance the main issues (uv light range or spit dodging for a few) anyone who says that it is better are trying to be optomistic or don't play against good players as the experienced players have turned the mode off because it is a waste of tim, in my entire time of playing be the zombie I have lost ONCE to the hunter and that was because I had a random partner who got himself killed.

The connection problems are still there it takes me about a hour to get a game..

I explained a few weeks ago that a game like this has a short lifespan its not going to rival the likes of counter strike or league of legends, they have a window of around 4 or 5 months before most players move on so beating around the bush patches do nothing as by the time they actualy get round to thinking of good balance changes they can't put the resources into making the patch happen because there is not enough player base. That is exactly what is going to happen here, as much as i love all the story side updates hardmode etc the be the zombie mode will be dead in a month or two and it frustrates me because it had so much potential, i've turned it off now as i just find it a waste of time tracking the dot on the map, flashing it from miles away with uv, dodging a spit then destroying a nest.

Thanks for the idea but next time actually make a bold patch if you make other problems atleast it mixes the game up rather than the state the game is in now, i have never once thought i was the hunter AS the hunter which oretty much shows how broken the mode is

Er... If Destiny is any indication, a game's "lifespan" is not necessarily indicative of how good it is.

Your post is a valid argument, but you can't immediately demonize the opposite opinion by saying "anyone who says that it is better are trying to be optomistic or don't play against good players." As an all-Night Hunter, I play Skilled Humans - sometimes in pre-made teams -  all the time, and I think the mode has been considerably balanced. I no longer have to dive into matches wondering "Will he be using the EXPcalibur glitch, or Flare spamming?" That alone makes the mode much more enjoyable, not to mention the damage reduction stopping every death from resulting in 1.5 Nests loss.

"An hour" is an obvious exaggeration. Yea, the server dropdown isn't full to bursting like it used to be, but if I just leave my PS4 on "Find Players," it pulls someone up within a few minutes.

I'm honestly not bothered with the speed at which the UV Light regenerates and/or drains. I feel like it's a tool that should, for the most part, always be at the Humans' disposal. Without it, they're sitting ducks with no real means of protecting themselves from Pounces outside of throwing down a Flare and sitting in it.

Now, I do sincerely agree with the idea of decreasing the rate at which you can use it again if you abuse it so long it runs out. I'm honestly surprised it comes back in a single life (i.e., resets upon death) at all. I feel like there really isn't any "consequence" to using the UV Light as a weapon, rather than as a tool, which is what it is intended to be.

The range I go back and forth on. On one hand, I think it's too long. On the other hand, making it too short would encourage Night Hunters to camp just outside its range constantly, rather than actively using cover to their advantage. It should never be shorter than the range of Pounce if they do end up nerfing it, but I wouldn't be upset if they didn't.

If I could just sit on a rooftop, staring at the Human and sniping him with Spits while being outside the range of his UV Light, I absolutely would. I don't think that would be too fun for Human players and would further discourage having your invasions set to "On."

Regardless, I can never understand the mentality of "I win too much, I don't want to play anymore." When did winning become not fun? I think you just need to not take the mode so seriously - there are never going to be hyper-competitive, Monster-sponsored BtZ tournaments with $50,000 prizes. However long it "lasts," this game and mode have been more fun than any game I've played in quite some time.

Techland need to actually get on Be the Zombie.

And play with the Community from the Zombies Perspective.

Myself and many others would Annihilate them 1 vs 1.

I would be glad to Demonstrate this to any willing TECHLAND Staff.

I love this Game Mode. And I hope it gets the Attention it Deserves.

I didn't really want to go into survivor sense again but it is beyond me when the hunter is so weak why they actually need it considering the survivors can use camoflage and be completly invisible at times which seems like stupidity when the actual hunter cannot be hidden for a single second... Broken mechanics

The mode is not fun at all when the mechanics are meant to be hunter and prey, the hunter has never felt like he is in charge and again if you say other wise you are blinded by your love of the over all idea which i can understand as i was too watching the developer reveal (which was blatently staged to make the hunter look powerful)

The fact you 100% know where the hunter is 100% of the time takes any tention away, as a hunter it takes any imersiveness away as there is 0 point in sneakig around looking for angles because you have 1 or 2 players following you like they have wall hacks on ready to spam you away with uv as soon as you put a foot out.

Mark my words in a month or two no-one will be playing other than the die hard fans who will swear to the death it is balanced

Techland need to actually get on Be the Zombie.

And play with the Community from the Zombies Perspective.

Myself and many others would Annihilate them 1 vs 1.

I would be glad to Demonstrate this to any willing TECHLAND Staff.

I love this Game Mode. And I hope it gets the Attention it Deserves.

Me too

The mode is not fun at all when the mechanics are meant to be hunter and prey, the hunter has never felt like he is in charge and again if you say other wise you are blinded by your love of the over all idea which i can understand as i was too watching the developer reveal (which was blatently staged to make the hunter look powerful)

The fact you 100% know where the hunter is 100% of the time takes any tention away, as a hunter it takes any imersiveness away as there is 0 point in sneakig around looking for angles because you have 1 or 2 players following you like they have wall hacks on ready to spam you away with uv as soon as you put a foot out.

Mark my words in a month or two no-one will be playing other than the die hard fans who will swear to the death it is balanced

As a Hunter, all I can say is that I don't know the implications of "nerfing" Survivor Sense. All I know, from my experience, is how to kill the Humans regardless of whether they know where I am or not.

"the hunter has never felt like he is in charge and again if you say other wise you are blinded by your love of the over all idea which i can understand as i was too watching the developer reveal (which was blatently staged to make the hunter look powerful)"

I only saw that video long after playing the game, and yea, it was pretty blatantly staged. However, again, you can't use the demonization of another opinion as a basis for furthering the argument. I was winning matches consistently long before the patch. I play daily, make videos, and see what can be done to get around various strategies. Then I share those with Fellow Night Hunters.

The point I'm trying to make is that "Nerfing" is not always the solution to a barrier. Discovering strategies that make those barriers less effective is. If Tech decides to do something about Survivor Sense, then all the more power to them. But as someone who plays as the Night Hunter consistently, it doesn't bother me. I know where they are, and they know where I am. It's just equal footing.

4 capable players is not even required.

1 Human is enough. Super Long UV Range and Survivor Sense Spam. Means that the Human can Track the Hunter's Every Movement.

1v1 on my hard mode character at level 5/4/5 proves that point he had no medkits or anything but the 2 flares your given when you get invaded and after i killed the level 20 hunter he rage quit because he only killed me once and i destroyed 2 nests was almost ready to destroy my third

I can't disagree with the idea that BtZ could be improved, but if the recent patch has taught us anything, it's that nerfing more of the Human's abilities is only going to end up in a loss/loss situation for everyone. Human players are just going to get upset and stop hosting matches. Before any "nerfs" come into play, a big incentive needs to come into play.

I can't disagree with the idea that BtZ could be improved, but if the recent patch has taught us anything, it's that nerfing more of the Human's abilities is only going to end up in a loss/loss situation for everyone. Human players are just going to get upset and stop hosting matches. Before any "nerfs" come into play, a big incentive needs to come into play.

seems Survivors can't find Gold Weapons,is there any proof that the ' Ultimate Survivor ' Rank obtained through BTZ match Wins Rewards these.

seems Survivors can't find Gold Weapons,is there any proof that the ' Ultimate Survivor ' Rank obtained through BTZ match Wins Rewards these.

I wouldn't assume it does, no one's said anything to make us think they're anything but aesthetic rankings. Isn't there a chance now to be awarded high-level weapons for killing Nests? That's a possibility.

Regardless, I've seen a few videos already of Survivors showing off Gold guns/weapons. I think they're just supposed to be much rarer than, say, orange.

I'd rather people farm it than not play at all!

Besides, you only get them for killing Nests, not just playing.

No I mean they will get a friend to play as the night hunter and invade their game, then precede to destroy nest while their friend does nothing. They get weapons and we get no matches.

No I mean they will get a friend to play as the night hunter and invade their game, then precede to destroy nest while their friend does nothing. They get weapons and we get no matches.

easy way to stop that is only blue weapons given for friend battles or make it no rewards for friend battles at all as it could be considered *practice* 

Meh survivor sense is just like warning they know where I am ? bull chupacabra i move around so fast they'd have to be looking at that minimap all the time and not play at all.

Edited by Cypeq

I agree in everything.

Devs, all you need to do is read these posts. These posts in a forum YOU set up to get honest feedback!

So, just TAKE AWAY SURVIVOR SENSE 'cause this is the main issue for EVERYONE. Test it, make some minor changes on other parts if you must and be done with it!

When I am playing a so called hunter and GET hunted, that's a poor statement about the way you tried and tested this mode yourself. Do you understand that a hunter has to use stealth to get his prey? To be stealthy your enemy mustn't know where you are All the time!

Sorry for flaming here, but right now I'm just glad I had to pay nothing for this. If I had I'd be really pissed now.