Sign in to follow this  
RunnerSeth

Members Vote - [Should Techland Add Antizin In Airdrops?]

Hey guys, Seth here and I was wondering/brainstorming about a new idea that I and many others would like to see in Dying Light. Now, this topic is basically voting, and I would like to see FULL PARTICIPATION, but if you don't want to, that's ok too.  ;) PLEASE ANSWER WITH DETAIL 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding Antizin to Airdrops:

Q: Would you want Antizin to be added to airdrops as well as an infection meter? WHY?

Q: What are your thoughts of Antizin being a good thing to add?

Q: Do you think Antizin would make the game more realistic? Explain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to leave any comments/complaints below as well in your reply if need be!

Edited by RunnerSeth

if they add a need to have antizin i want a 5% chance to find in on bad guys(not zombies) i want to 1%chance to find it in medicine cupboards and i want the rate of the bar drop 1 antizin needed every 1 and half - 2 days 

but overall i think it should be a special option you enable as most gamers wont like the feature

I think dying light should have alot of options to customize the way you want to play cause then in a way we would all get a little of what we want and we could adjust the gameplay to our own needs in my opinion.

Imho no. It would detract too much from the current story driven play. Perhaps once the game is completed if you want something to make free roaming more interesting, otherwise all the antizen you need is woven into the plot. 

YES, I loved the "medicin" system from Far Cry 2, and have, since before release, been thinking that it would be one of the best things that could have been featured in Dying Light.

BUT I HATE the fact that you can run for weeks (ingame time) without haveing to take any antizin, no matter when in the game it is, but as soon as you do a main mission, you get hit in the face, stomach and up your b*tthole with fullblown zombievirus.

you are, after all, infected, and the hole story focuses on getting antizin.

Of course Techland can't just change it like that, after all, the story allso goes, that you have been ordered to destroy the antizin from airdrops.

Airdrops return - As the main way to get antizin, and I loved the constant "chance to get stuff, but have to be fast" thing, and the only reason I have been playing from the start again and again, was JUST so I could run after airdrops again.

Countdown - I think the "infection meter" should be a countdown on your watch, giveing a small, but long beeeb each time it passes a "stage"(12 ingame hours).

Random seizures - The longer you go without antizin, the higher the chance that you will get a random seizure.

HOW I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MOST OF THE SYSTEM WORK

You have a chance to get an antizin box in each airdrop. but only 1 pr day. (there is a higher chance to find antizin in airdrops at night)

You have to deliver the box to a quartermaster to gain a vial yourself.

Each vial have 3 charges/shots)

You can have a maximum of 3 vials on you (9 shots)

Each 12 hours, you either have to take a dose, or have a change to get random seizures, draining your stamina and hindering your fighting. (the first 12 hours is safe, then the chance to get seizures increases)(it will get higher the more "stages" pass)

Each time you die, the infection clock advances 2 hours (6 hours in hard mode)

If you go 3 days without antizin, you lose all your stamina and can't run and jump as high and fast as when healthy, use graplinghook, use powerattacks, dropkick, vault over enemies and you will sway a lot when aiming. you can return to a quartermaster who will give you a small antizin shot, it will turn it back 12 hours (to the 2days 12hours marker) but you won't get a vail with you. (you can still climb, since it is needed to get to the quartermasters)

If you sleep, the infection clock still runs, makeing it a less effective farming method.

The clock don't run, when playing invasions.

When retriveing an airdrop in co-op, each player have to pick up the antizin box to turn it in.

I think that Techland should give us an update that makes antizen appear in all airdrops and be used as a way to level up your survivor skill in a similar fashion to the disaster relief supplies (Although however if they did bring in this idea it should be a hard decision, about should you keep the citizens of the tower alive with your antizen and get a nice reward for it, or should you keep it for yourself so you may survive another day?) Although I agree that there should be a infection rate, I believe that it should be either a choice, because you've got to remember some people play easy mode just so they can bash in zombie heads, and not running as fast as they can to a airdrop, so maybe it should just be implemented in hard mode or once again, through a option when you create a new game. But if they do bring these ideas into the game, they will HAVE to bring back the airdrops after you finish the game, seriously who else loved chasing after the airdrops... And if they did bring it back I hope that they would replace the supply drop caches in the Old Town that the bandits guard (Or infected, in some cases)  with the location the drop falls at. Good night and good luck to all those reading this!      

Edited by DyingLightIsAmazing