zombiewill

Technland Own Up To The Trophy Issue

Is there, or will there ever be a definitive solution regarding the broken trophies? If this new patch (01.03 EU) does actually fix the trophies but requires a new play through, then I will do it - but ONLY if you are very sure it does in fact fix the issues. 

If it doesn't and/or you are unwilling to prioritise this, could you at least let us know so we can bin the game and move on? I've had my fun. Dying light is a brilliant game and a great experience but right now I only want to do a 4th and final play through if you can guarantee it will unlock the side quest trophies and the collectables.

It's not much to ask when you think about it is it? I mean you create this vast open world with lush graphics and fantastic gameplay but when it comes to writing a function that can accurately keep track of all 51 side quests you drop the ball with every single patch. Have playstation really made the trophy API that complicated? Do you just not think it's important?

Again, totally appreciate your hard work fixing the super important game breaking stuff but now is the time to own up to the games short comings. Not interested? fine, just let us know so we can move on.

Will

I've downloaded the new patch and checked out my statistics for the all sidemissions trophy, I'm missing like 8 Missions. 3 of them I did now for Daliah and guess what? Nothing happened, they didn't show up in the statistics and I'm rly pissed. I did now over 180 Sidequests and hoped that this chupacabra will finally work and i get this goddamn last trophy. This rly pisses me off, I rushed now the game in my New Game Plus to get all Sidequests available and do the 8 Quests which I'm missing and its all for nothing because this games doesnt accept the quests and won't show in the statistics -_- And Im rly not in the mood to start a whole (like 8th) new game and do this chupacabra all over again, I made those quests so often I can mute the goddamn game and be my own voiceactor (which would sound better than the stupid german voices). So whats up with this great new patch? I didn't fix a goddamn thing or even if it does it made the game for me even more annoying because I've probably rly got to start a new game and do all this stupid sidemissions again and again -_-

Just checked using New Game+, started out at the Siblings mission. Picked up one battle journal and the trophy popped for It's All in the Writing.

Going to check This is Haraaaaan! now.

Edited by Rafftiger

There's no mention of trophies being fixed in the Update history on PS4. Why does EU get 1.03 and US get 1.05?!. Last Techland game I ever buy, I'm sick of this technical bs where I have to repeat gameplay because they can't figure out trophies/achievements.

Found all collectibles, kicked about 500 or so zombies off rooftops/cliffs and I'm so effing close to the Platinum.

Don't chupacabra make games for the PS4 if you can't make trophies work.

They have different game versions because the US got more small patches last month. And the EU got one patch with all "small" patches. But the EU version got the patch with a delay of a few weeks.

Edited by TZGamer

Just checked using New Game+, started out at the Siblings mission. Picked up one battle journal and the trophy popped for It's All in the Writing.

Going to check This is Haraaaaan! now.

I am very happy for you. Like many, you picked a random point and were graced by the almighty trophy pop sound. However, I've picked a few of these recommended points and sure enough, nothing popped. It's as good as random because it works for some, but not others. 

Also, when I goto New Game+ it keeps my current progress regarding battle journals, which means because I have them all they no longer spawn. In fact the only way I can pick one up is deleting the game save and starting over (which I have tried) but this still doesn't pop the trophy. Yet more inconsistencies. And therein lies the major problem, workaround on workarounds which don't work for everyone. 

IMO it´s a poor statement that Techland does not even react to such questions anymore after they announced a patch that should unlock the broken trophies retroactively a few weeks ago.

Please Techland, just give us at least a glimpse of information!

you got a better chance getting ice water in hell.

theres a town called hell that has frozen over alot of times :)

There are two theories for the origin of Hell's name. The first is that a pair of German travelers stepped out of a stagecoach one sunny afternoon in the 1830s, and one said to the other, "So schön hell!" (translated as, "So beautifully bright!") Their comments were overheard by some locals and the name stuck.[3] Soon after Michigan gained statehood, George Reeves was asked what he thought the town he helped settle should be called and replied, "I don't care, you can name it Hell for all I care." The name became official on October 13, 1841.[3] The second theory is tied to the "hell-like" conditions encountered by early explorers including mosquitos, thick forest cover, and extensive wetlands.[3] It has frequently been noted on lists of unusual place names.[4]

• If you beat the video game Twisted Metal III as the demon Minion, he wishes to spend eternity in Hell. In standard Twisted Metal fashion the wish is turned against him and he is sent to Hell, Michigan.[6]
  • From June 30 to July 4, 2008, KFC ran a promotional sweepstakes "Hotter Than Hell", giving away 500 coupons each day for free hot wings to entrants whose hometown's temperature was higher than in Hell, Michigan.
  • Hell was featured on The Travel Channel show Extreme Towns.
  • Burger restaurant Red Robin ran a promotion offering free chili if Hell, Michigan's high temperature on any day between February 18/February 24, 2013 was below freezing. The temperature on February 20, was 25 degrees Fahrenheit, leading restaurants to give away a free cup of Red's Chili Chiliâ„¢ to the first 100 customers who mentioned the offer to their server.[7]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535709/Its-cold-HELL-frozen-Michigan-town-falls-victim-record-cold-temperatures.html

I believe the update we had was only to show the dlc coming, and to say thank you video for giving us your money for a BROKEN GAME which we are unable to fix!!!!!!!!!! And to charge you £54.99 for I'm well Pissed off, As I have 3 Trophies missing which is also stopping my platinum trophy pinging up. This is the ps4 not ps2 or PS3 there should not be issues with a game on the new consoles when your being charged so much money!!! Very poor if it's not sorted it will be the last game I buy from them!!!