Sign in to follow this  
Obamu

Inquiry About Base Game & Its Addons

Question

I'm not too rich and currency exchange rates here is worth 50x per dollar, and the daily wage here is just an hour for US. anyways, Based on what I've read, I think the Be The Zombie mode and the Hard mode* were all given away for free, plus I've read rage comments** that they had wasted paying for Season Pass when extra content were given away for free. So, should I buy Season Pass? what else did I forgot to ask or mention? are the BTZ*** and Hard Mode all the extras I've mentioned?

*Might forgot mentioning other extra content.
**From Facebook
***Be the Zombie mode

tl;dr: Should I buy season pass?

Edited by Obamu

3 answers to this question

Be the zombie and the hard mode are definitely free for everybody.

As for the season pass, you might be better off waiting to see how people react to the third part in a month or so. The first DLC pack from the season pass contain 2 extra quarantine zones which aren't all that hard, take maybe 10 - 15 minutes and cannot be played through again.

The second DLC pack contain 4 weapon blueprints, that will be useful at the start of the game but were completely useless to those of us who bought it on day one. I can find a wooden plank lying in a dumpster that does 10 times the damage of any of the DC weapons. It also contains 2 or 3 outfits for your character, which you will never see because it's a first person game and there's no cut-scenes where you can see yourself.

So, if I hadn't bought into all the hype and paid extra for the Ultimate Edition with the season pass, I would be waiting to see what the third DLC content is like before paying any extra over the base game.

Having said all that, I love the game. So far it's hands down the best game to come out of 2015.

So in short, BTZ & hard mode is free, 

Other extra content but needs a season pass are:
*First DLC:
-Cuisine zone

-Cargo zone
If I understand it right, you cannot go in again? as in u cannot go in the Cargo zone twice? play in it, it ends, that's it?

*Second DL:
-
seven unique in-game items, including three outfits and four blueprints for over-the-top weapons.
Are the 
unique in-game items and the four blueprints for over-the-top weapons aren't special on anything? like infinite repair? the do look really good and special on the trailer.

Anyway info came from here 
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/10/8010733/dying-light-dlc-release-date-season-pass-detailed 

there should be a Season Pass bullet list and time frame for people who don't know how season pass works.

Also, I think I'll go base game for now, & buy season pass when it comes really cheap, also, what if u buy season pass after May? does it become a regular purchasable DLC?

I hope I didn't forgot to mention something

So in short, BTZ & hard mode is free, 

Other extra content but needs a season pass are:

*First DLC:

-Cuisine zone

-Cargo zone

If I understand it right, you cannot go in again? as in u cannot go in the Cargo zone twice? play in it, it ends, that's it?

*Second DL:

-seven unique in-game items, including three outfits and four blueprints for over-the-top weapons.

Are the unique in-game items and the four blueprints for over-the-top weapons aren't special on anything? like infinite repair? the do look really good and special on the trailer.

Anyway info came from here http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/10/8010733/dying-light-dlc-release-date-season-pass-detailed 

there should be a Season Pass bullet list and time frame for people who don't know how season pass works.

Also, I think I'll go base game for now, & buy season pass when it comes really cheap, also, what if u buy season pass after May? does it become a regular purchasable DLC?

I hope I didn't forgot to mention something

Yep, that's pretty much it.