Question

I finished hard mode+ and there was suppose to be 2 outfits i get after completion.. But theyre not in the stash. After all that hard work why. Is it because i did it on hard+ or is everyone having this problem? Please reply with any information regarding this.

4 answers to this question

Hey

To unlock the costumes you need to make sure you start new game as a hard mode. Changing normal game to hard mode even at the very beginning will sadly not work. To play hard mode+ you need to first change your save with 100% main storyline completion into a hard mode and then start new game+. Otherwise the game will think that you played the new game+ on normal and changed it to hard mid-game.

EDIT - I always back my game up before downloading updates and periodically as I progress through a story. I loaded up my back up save, starting at the beginning of Rais's tower. I played through it, I beat him and got a message telling me I had unlocked more outfits. I checked my player storage and they are there. I have no Idea why it didn't work the first time but it worked.

One more thing. I tried to start a brand new save file on HARD, no skills, no crafts, no weapons and It does not give me the option to do so. Either I am blind or the option is not there at all. We should be able to start from the very beginning with no skills, no fancy weapons on HARD. I don't want to go into HARD all decked out with all the blueprints, skills and all the goods. I want to level up, gain skills, acquire blueprints all on HARD. Anyways.. Below is what I had written before I tried playing the last mission from my backup save.

I was under the impression the game does not let you skip into the next difficulty setting until you have beat the game on the previous mode "like borderlands".

Here is what I did. I beat the game on Normal. I saved my progress and restarted in Game Plus. It gave me a message that I would be starting from the beginning but I would still get to keep my skills and my weapons/gear. As I played through Game+ I heard the new update was coming out. Naturally I finished the game on Game+ the night before the update, because I really wanted to play Hard mode. So after I beat Rais on Game+ I save my progress and waited for the update. Once I got the update I started my save up on hard mode from the beginning like the other times "keeping my inventory and skills". I beat the game again on hard mode and here I am.

So, what did I do wrong? I dont want to make the same mistake again. Now that I have to play through it again for a 4th time I dont want to miss some small detail.

Edited by SoloCreep

Hey,

Glad to hear you managed to get your outfits! How it works: When you start a completely new save - the game asks you if you want it on normal or hard - you don't need to beat it to have the option to play on hard mode. If you complete the game on hard mode then you will be able to start a new game + on hard. However if you completed a game on normal mode and wish to beat new game + on hard mode to get the outfits you need to first convert your completed game to hard mode and only then start new game +. It is always better to start a new game than using restart from chapter etc when changing game dificulty as the game may think that you were trying to cheat your way into the outfits by changing difficulty mid game :P As for starting a new game on already created save file it is also better to convert it to hard mode beforehand - if you don't want to create a new save file.