Sign in to follow this  
Chaos_Deception

Be The Zombie Mode Dead (Xbox1)

It seems like Be the Zombie Mode is Dead.

This past 24 Hours. I have been unable to find even 1 Game.

I guess Players just don't like that it actually takes a bit of Effort to Win with the recent tuning.

I am disappointed, I thaught this would have been more Successful.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

It was like this for me on my first night of the patch. Yesterday wasn't too bad though. Most of my connection issues are other hunters invading before me but I agree survivors are low in numbers these days. Nobody wants a challenge and its unfair because night hunters had to go through 2 months of unbalanced gameplay. Now that there's a chance of winning no one wants to play anymore.

I might switch to survivor just to give people a chance to enjoy the game mode.

It was like this for me on my first night of the patch. Yesterday wasn't too bad though. Most of my connection issues are other hunters invading before me but I agree survivors are low in numbers these days. Nobody wants a challenge and its unfair because night hunters had to go through 2 months of unbalanced gameplay. Now that there's a chance of winning no one wants to play anymore.

I might switch to survivor just to give people a chance to enjoy the game mode.

The problem therein is that the Humans are the ones who control match availability. When the game was unbalanced in their favor, it was game-city. Now that we're somewhat balanced, they don't want to play until a new exploit YouTube video pops up ;)

That's a bit harsh - I'm just hounding! Still, while I've gotten into plenty of games, it's definitely sparse. I used to get 4-5 matches to choose from on the server dropdown, but now I just click whoever pops up first.

I've already seen some new weapon/item dupe glitch on reddit and gamefaqs. There's even a way to use it to one shot zombies, so hopefully we'll have some more try hards to fight soon!

Edited by jcks

It's strangely appropriate, isn't it? The Humans players keep giving in to Human temptations and find new ways to "Cheat" their way around the difficulty of the mode.

Sucks that people can't just play the game. I was actually enjoying fighting the few Humans clinging to Flammer tactics post-patch, because it must be so awkward running and fumbling with the controls to switch between Flares at the same time, they never remembered to UV me.

It seems like Be the Zombie Mode is Dead.

This past 24 Hours. I have been unable to find even 1 Game.

I guess Players just don't like that it actually takes a bit of Effort to Win with the recent tuning.

I am disappointed, I thaught this would have been more Successful.

I'm also having trouble joing matches. And when I finally do, it's a 1v1 against a noob.

I think it's a combination of humans getting frustrated and turning invasions off, and also the fact that matches take three times longer than they did pre-patch. So assuming I'm correct on this, there is 1/3 the opportunity to join a match.

Less players + longer matches = less matches to join

A shame that such potential is lost to Humanities own Ignorance and Selfish Desire to Always Win.

As For Me I like to work for My Win and be put under pressure. As a Human or the Hunter.

To Win all the time becomes very Boring.

Well you sure don't have to work to win as a hunter anymore. Dying used to guarantee a nest kill. Now there is no penalty for death.

They should have added a costume for the humans: covered in chocolate syrup with a cherry on their heads.

It's funny that people were complaining that the hunter was not accessible to newcomers and casuals, but now the humans are in that same position. It takes a highly skilled group of humans to succeed in this mode now with almost no room for error. And if you aren't an absolute savant, you have no chance in a 1v1. Yet, I see few people coming to the humans defense. All I see are people expecting humans to implement tactics reserved exclusively to highly skilled players. The same way I was asking hunters to employ smarter, more skillful tactics as a hunter.

If these additions stay in place, I guarantee you that there won't be enough humans to go around and this mode will die. We want humans to feel a little more comfortable with the mode so the servers don't get flooded with hunters and only a handful of humans.

Well you sure don't have to work to win as a hunter anymore. Dying used to guarantee a nest kill. Now there is no penalty for death.

It's funny that people were complaining that the hunter was not accessible to newcomers and casuals, but now the humans are in that same position. It takes a highly skilled group of humans to succeed in this mode now with almost no room for error. And if you aren't an absolute savant, you have no chance in a 1v1. Yet, I see few people coming to the humans defense. All I see are people expecting humans to implement tactics reserved exclusively to highly skilled players. The same way I was asking hunters to employ smarter, more skillful tactics as a hunter.

If these additions stay in place, I guarantee you that there won't be enough humans to go around and this mode will die. We want humans to feel a little more comfortable with the mode so the servers don't get flooded with hunters and only a handful of humans.

"If these additions stay in place, I guarantee you that there won't be enough humans to go around and this mode will die."

It's an interesting social statement that once the mode became balanced, Human players stopped wanting to play.

There are so many options at the Humans' disposal to survive and win in post-patch BtZ - one of them being to group up and fight together. "It takes a highly skilled group of humans to succeed in this mode" is how the mode is supposed to be, and how it was for Night Hunters since the beginning. There's little point to being a Hunter if Humans can lollygag around in 1 Vs. 1 and still come out on top.

You're facing a monster; is it supposed to be easy? For most Humans, that's how it was for the past two months. That's been fixed, for the most part.

"Dying used to guarantee a nest kill" instills a mentality that the game should be 5 lives Vs. 10 lives. Regardless, it still can guarantee a kill: you're just not supposed to walk up to a Nest and hack at it for a minute straight anymore, especially since the Nests can hit back now.

"We want humans to feel a little more comfortable with the mode so the servers don't get flooded with hunters and only a handful of humans."

Then as a collective, they should probably stop finding ways to bring duped inventories and various exploits into the mode and come up with actual strategies. Bringing a duped inventory into a BtZ match is cheating. Period. There's no room to complain for players like that.

Skilled Human players have already come up with legitimate ways to deal with the tougher zombies around nests and kill the Nests much more quickly and more innovatively than simply pressing R2, which has been purposely removed as a useful strategy. The UV Light was untouched (which, honestly, I think is fine), and Flares, albeit limited, are still as useful as ever. At the same time, Night Hunter players like myself have been posting informational videos for months to help fellow zombie brethren understand weaknesses in the Humans' strategies and ability combinations that help get as as close as possible to "assured kills." It's a back-and-forth that keeps the game alive.

If the death of the mode, whenever it may come, is to be attributed to anything, it would be those jaded players who cling to the exploitative ideals of the past, as well as the illusion of strength "lost" upon the balancing of the mode.

Humans control the mode's availability, and it's unfortunate if they decide to simply stop playing, but caving to a win-more mentality is not the answer.

EDIT: If nothing else, the Xbox One needs a server dropdown. Hopefully that's something they're working on - it's invaluable for finding matches on PS4.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

As jande135 said, there is almost NO room for error now being a human.  Of course it's possible, but I think it's a little silly that people are expecting the human players to make no mistakes and have flawless matches, while there is much more room for error being a hunter.  

I've said this before, but Hunters have more than double the tools at their disposal than humans do... and yet I still see people on here wanting them to nerf the dropkicks even more... nerf the UV light even more.  Are you joking?!?!  I've played against hunters who KNEW what they were doing... and they never got close enough for me to dropkick them... they moved so quick I could never shine the UV light on them for more than a second without getting dizzy from trying to track them.  Now with this new patch I am having matches that are neck and neck with people I can tell are just getting started based on their abilities... 

Maybe it feels good to get 12 wins in a row to some people, but where is the challenge in that?  Neither side should have a larger advantage over the other...

It's an interesting social statement that once the mode became balanced, Human players stopped wanting to play.

I think it's equally interesting that people are finding this mode to be "balanced" now.  I'm having close to tied games with people that I can tell just started playing as a hunter.  People who I wiped the floor with before (without cheating or exploiting... I don't even KNOW how to duplicate items or spam anything) are now coming close to beating me.  Sure I squeak ahead most times, but there should be a wider divide between noobs and someone who's been playing pretty much since release...

I just find it annoying to be penalized as a survivor who never cheated in BTZ matches...

Edited by Bananagoo

@purrington

I don't disagree with you. I do agree that the mode is more balanced (a little too much in favor of the hunter), but at what cost? As you ended that post: "humans control availability."

So by nature, the game should be easier (but not too forgiving) as a human in order to facilitate the overall health of the community. We NEED more humans to be playing than hunters unless you want to spend all your time waiting for searches that inevitably fail.

I just find it annoying to be penalized as a survivor who never cheated in BTZ matches...

Unfortunately there are people here who view simply playing as a survivor as "cheap" or "cheating." I have seen videos here of hunters resorting to infinite spit against humans who weren't even playing unfairly.

But at least when you win as a human now, you know that you're an incredibly skilled player. One of the reasons I will be playing primarily as a human from now on. There just isn't enough challenge as a hunter anymore.

@purrington

I don't disagree with you. I do agree that the mode is more balanced (a little too much in favor of the hunter), but at what cost? As you ended that post: "humans control availability."

So by nature, the game should be easier (but not too forgiving) as a human in order to facilitate the overall health of the community. We NEED more humans to be playing than hunters unless you want to spend all your time waiting for searches that inevitably fail.

You've got a point, and the Devs definitely cracked the surface of the issue by giving the humans more incentive to play - offering rare weapons in exchange for successful Nest kills.

This could be taken a step farther by changing those rewards from direct to aesthetic, perhaps? Offering Humans a chance to win new costumes, flair for cars, emblems for guns, "glow" colors for weapons, etc. in exchange for victories. The Ranking system is a nice touch, honestly. It gives people something to work toward. Maybe players of similar rank could fight each other, ala Halo? Emblem-wise, I'm imagining a War Thunder-type application of various symbols/emblems to vehicles, guns, costumes, etc.

Of course, I have no Dev experience, so these could be impossible suggestions, but all people really need is a definite goal to work toward. I already love the mode, but how crazy would it be to face a Night Hunter decked out in horns and Demolisher-armor? Or Humans to earn Jade/Rais skins, or knight armor? I'd go for that.

There's so much misinformation in this thread right now. I'll be making a more detailed response when I get home from work today.

Jcks, you spread so much misinformation in one thread that a developer had to come in and correct you.

You've got a point, and the Devs definitely cracked the surface of the issue by giving the humans more incentive to play - offering rare weapons in exchange for successful Nest kills.

This could be taken a step farther by changing those rewards from direct to aesthetic, perhaps? Offering Humans a chance to win new costumes, flair for cars, emblems for guns, "glow" colors for weapons, etc. in exchange for victories. The Ranking system is a nice touch, honestly. It gives people something to work toward. Maybe players of similar rank could fight each other, ala Halo? Emblem-wise, I'm imagining a War Thunder-type application of various symbols/emblems to vehicles, guns, costumes, etc.

Of course, I have no Dev experience, so these could be impossible suggestions, but all people really need is a definite goal to work toward. I already love the mode, but how crazy would it be to face a Night Hunter decked out in horns and Demolisher-armor? Or Humans to earn Jade/Rais skins, or knight armor? I'd go for that.

That's a great idea. Having exclusive rewards could absolutely attract more players.

I still would like to see this mode move towards a lobby based matchmaking system rather than the invasion setup.

Unfortunately there are people here who view simply playing as a survivor as "cheap" or "cheating." I have seen videos here of hunters resorting to infinite spit against humans who weren't even playing unfairly.

But at least when you win as a human now, you know that you're an incredibly skilled player. One of the reasons I will be playing primarily as a human from now on. There just isn't enough challenge as a hunter anymore.

To be honest, when I play alone, I turn the Invasion Mode Off for now. My Win ratio 1 v.1 against is lower  than 10%. It just becomes annoying as Hell when i need to read Hunter Complaining Posts in Forums. There are Peoples with 11- Match Streaks screamin for more balance. I dont get it, but my around 50 Matches 1 vs. 1 are getting worse. I turned it Off after being invaded by MachineGunSpitters 4 times in a row. I dont care if this mode is a Dying light now. It is a hopeless endeavor for casuals like me to face hunters 1 v 1. And no, I've never cheated at anytime nor i was hiding in Safepoints, which is indeed ridiculous.

Sorry btw, my English isnt the best. I'll try to improve it. I hope you guys know what Im saying. Have fun :)

There are Peoples with 11- Match Streaks screamin for more balance.

Er... if you're referring to me, I'm super-content with the way the mode is now. I think both sides have really strong tools at their disposal at this point. ^_^

If not, excuse my paranoia!

I turned it Off after being invaded by MachineGunSpitters 4 times in a row.

Happy to say they patched out Infinite Spit! I don't care for cheats on either side of the spectrum.

Unless you're on PC? That place is a dark zone when it comes to crossing lines.

Er... if you're referring to me, I'm super-content with the way the mode is now. I think both sides have really strong tools at their disposal at this point. ^_^

If not, excuse my paranoia!

Happy to say they patched out Infinite Spit! I don't care for cheats on either side of the spectrum.

Ok, now this Gatling gun Spit is fixed? This is an awesome News! It freaks the molotovs out of me. Anyway DoctorPurrington, I surely know how to use a few powerful thinks against hunters like camouflage and stuff like that. But its still not funny enough to lose nearly every fight against guys they know what to do. Some of them let me run and destroy 4 nests without attacking me while running,  and waiting then for attacking the 5th. I waste fuqin 10 minutes just to be the punching Ball at the End. And these guys know how to farm me! Haha :D I think the Point is, its just more comfortable to hunt and kill 10 humans than run, jump, try to avoid attacks, kill zombies and destroy 5 different placed nests.Im not mad and dont want Complain. As a Casual with Family and Fulltime Job I will always be the Victim (alone). It simply isnt that funny at all, probably only for me. I hope you guys enjoy this Mode anyway (Survivors and Hunter) but i guess there will be more hunters outthere than Invading Possibilitys.

And No, I use a PS4. Whatever you play Online, PC is always a Darkzone :/ i really hate cheater and Exploit abusing Gamer. Whats the Point  in cheating the Game?

the mode is fairly balanced now theres a few changes still needed imo like the range of uv light (only range change) and only 2 flares before a 20 second cd (as flares still can be spammed)

its easy to beat the night hunter, order of attack kill the night hunter (still three hits) the zombies around nests then nests if 1v1 , if 2v1 then 1 person does zombies then nests while the other focus on night hunter when night hunter dead the second person helps on nests , 3v1 same as 2v1 but 2 on nests , and 4v1 2 on hunter 2 on nests 

i havent lost against the night hunter since patch (with ranking system i dont let even low levels win) and i have only lost 1 out of 15 matches as the hunter which is only 3 times better then what i did before patch (thats not including the quits upon joining or before the 5th kill)

They should have added a costume for the humans: covered in chocolate syrup with a cherry on their heads.

The simple fix to more Human Players is incentive to win. They added the Ranks, now they need to make Rank Specific Items only obtained by actually Winning BTZ mode Matches.

So you believe dying should result in losing a nest? You're basically saying the night hunter should have 5 lives while the survivors have 10. That's balanced to you?

"It's funny that people were complaining that the hunter was not accessible to newcomers and casuals, but now the humans are in that same position."

It's only harder for humans if you relied on the many exploits abused pre patch. For any other survivor it's just a few extra hits to kill everything. It must be so horrible to actually have to put effort into this game mode.

"It takes a highly skilled group of humans to succeed in this mode now with almost no room for error. And if you aren't an absolute savant, you have no chance in a 1v1."

No room for error? A single survivor has the ability to counter everything the night hunter does.

Hit by a horde spit? Climb up high, use camouflage or jump in a body of water. Horde successfully evaded.

Hit by a UV suppressor? Throw down flares and distance yourself from ground pounds. Also jump in some water if you're nearby.

Caught by a pounce? Use the last second white flash warning to activate your UV and avoid instant death (if you get pounced from behind it's your fault).

Night Hunter won't stop spamming ground pound? Use a firearm, throwable weapons (throwing stars, military knifes, melee weapons etc.) or airstrikes to outrange the ground pound. Also if you're close to him use a dropkick since it takes a fraction of the charging time for a ground pound to use and will cancel a ground pound even if you got hit by it.

Night Hunter about to tackle you? Don't worry you have an ample amount of time to hit dodge and escape. You can even dodge tackles while in midair (video will be provided upon request).

Now let's review all the ways a night hunter can counter dropkick and death from above. Oh wait there are none.

"Yet, I see few people coming to the humans defense."

That's because they didn't need any defense. If you won as a night hunter prepatch then you were pretty good. If you won as a survivor then you were OK. If you lost as a survivor then you were either horrible or underleveled compared to the night hunter.

"All I see are people expecting humans to implement tactics reserved exclusively to highly skilled players."

So you mean it takes a highly skilled survivor to realize that attacking the nest while the nest defenses are still up is a bad idea? Even more so when the night hunter is present. Man I must be a god tier survivor.

"The same way I was asking hunters to employ smarter, more skillful tactics as a hunter."

That was all you did. You never explained what these tactics were or mentioned any relevant examples. And the only video you ever posted was against one tracked mind survivors who completely relied on flares and nothing else.

Thanks for speaking the minds of every night hunter player in the community. This is exactly how we view survivors, as "cheaters."

Also pretty sure you're referring to my video thread here. If one shotting nests, spamming flares and getting ohks on the night hunter were playing "fair" then why was it patched out? I'll wait.

Jcks, you spread so much misinformation in one thread that a developer had to come in and correct you.

Once, it wasn't even wrong. What I was experiencing was a latency issue. Just because it was lag didn't mean it was misinformation because it was definitely happening unlike some of the things that are being claimed in this thread.

Infinite spit was patched on PC before it was patched on consoles.

As jande135 said, there is almost NO room for error now being a human. 

See above.

"Of course it's possible, but I think it's a little silly that people are expecting the human players to make no mistakes and have flawless matches, while there is much more room for error being a hunter. "

Much more room for error for the night hunter? I guess ability cool downs don't exists. Also the 5 second recovery for a missed ground pound is non existent.

But hey they had it even easier pre patch. Remember when a missed tackle resulted in instant death from above? Or when dying once meant survivors could one shot your nest and by half way to the next before you even respawn. Yeah the night hunter never suffered from any mistakes.

"I've said this before, but Hunters have more than double the tools at their disposal than humans do"

I can't believe you just said that. Need I remind you that all story mode items and abilities carry over into multiplayer.

Survivors have 3 skill trees, the night hunter has one (note: I'm not including passive abilities for either of them).

Survivors abilities

Survivor Tree

• Firecrackers
  • Molotov Cocktails
  • Throwing Stars (Includes Elemental Effects)
  • DIY Grenades (Regular, bleeding, freezing and toxic)
  • Trap Bombs (Exploding, bleeding and toxic)
  • Boosters (Night Hunter Potion, Cloak Potion, Night Vision Potion, etc.)
  • Exploding Car and Electric Fence Traps
  • Camouflage
  • Riot Shield
  • Grapple Hook

Agility Tree

• Dodge
  • Grapple (Throwing attacking zombies to the ground)
  • Slide
  • Vault (Jump over enemies)
  • Dropkick (Unavoidable, animation locked attack that sends the night hunter flying back defenseless)
  • Reversal (Stuns biters and allows for a follow up execution)
  • Light Drop (Reduces fall damage by half)
  • Forward roll (Increases the height from which you can fall and survive)
  • Tackle (Shove zombies to the ground and deals 1/3 damage to night hunters health)
  • Tic Tac (Allows you to run up a wall or other flat surfaces, even after a jump)
  • Backlash (Use throwing weapons or a UV flashlight while looking behind in sprint)
  • Health Regen

Power Tree

• Blast (doubles the damage dealt by throwing weapons)
  • Melee throw (Throw any melee weapon at enemies, dealing massive damage)
  • Focus (Striking the same enemy consecutively gives you a damage boost with each hit)
  • Kill Frenzy (Gain power points faster for 10 seconds after killing an enemy)
  • Power Attack
  • Ground Pound (requires two handed weapon. Must be mid air to execute. Range and force increase with Slam ability)
  • Stomp (Finish enemies on the ground with a head stomp)
  • Drop Attack (aka Death From Above)
  • Takedown (Sneak behind your enemies and silently kill them)

Total Abilities: 31

Night Hunters abilities

• Horde Spit
  • UV Suppressor Spit
  • UV Block
  • Tackle
  • Leap Frog
  • Spit Smash
  • Spit Charging

Total Abilities: 7

31 > 7

"... and yet I still see people on here wanting them to nerf the dropkicks even more... nerf the UV light even more."

Yeah I wonder why.

(for the record I think UV light is fine as it is now)

"Are you joking?!?!  I've played against hunters who KNEW what they were doing... and they never got close enough for me to dropkick them"

If night hunters are approaching you without a plan and get dropkicked then they are bad. Any average night hunter would know not just run up recklessly to survivors especially since the night hunter is weak in CQC.

"... they moved so quick I could never shine the UV light on them for more than a second without getting dizzy from trying to track them."

You need to get better aim or raise your stick sensitivity.

"Maybe it feels good to get 12 wins in a row to some people, but where is the challenge in that?  Neither side should have a larger advantage over the other..."

So why are you complaining now that there's an actual challenge for survivors? You just contradicted yourself.

"Now with this new patch I am having matches that are neck and neck with people I can tell are just getting started based on their abilities..."

"I think it's equally interesting that people are finding this mode to be "balanced" now.  I'm having close to tied games with people that I can tell just started playing as a hunter.  People who I wiped the floor with before (without cheating or exploiting... I don't even KNOW how to duplicate items or spam anything) are now coming close to beating me.  Sure I squeak ahead most times, but there should be a wider divide between noobs and someone who's been playing pretty much since release..."

Oh were they not supposed to have any chance to beat you? I guess that's balanced. God forbid they ever run into a 4v1 match starting off...

"I just find it annoying to be penalized as a survivor who never cheated in BTZ matches..."

Take that up with your fellow survivors.

Again don't blame night hunter players for something survivors brought on themselves. The glitches/exploits weren't going to go unnoticed forever.

Edited by jcks

So you believe dying should result in losing a nest? You're basically saying the night hunter should have 5 lives while the survivors have 10. That's balanced to you?

"It's funny that people were complaining that the hunter was not accessible to newcomers and casuals, but now the humans are in that same position."

It's only harder for humans if you relied on the many exploits abused pre patch. For any other survivor it's just a few extra hits to kill everything. It must be so horrible to actually have to put effort into this game mode.

"It takes a highly skilled group of humans to succeed in this mode now with almost no room for error. And if you aren't an absolute savant, you have no chance in a 1v1."

No room for error? A single survivor has the ability to counter everything the night hunter does.

Hit by a horde spit? Climb up high, use camouflage or jump in a body of water. Horde successfully evaded.

Hit by a UV suppressor? Throw down flares and distance yourself from ground pounds. Also jump in some water if you're nearby.

Caught by a pounce? Use the last second white flash warning to activate your UV and avoid instant death (if you get pounced from behind it's your fault).

Night Hunter won't stop spamming ground pound? Use a firearm, throwable weapons (throwing stars, military knifes, melee weapons etc.) or airstrikes to outrange the ground pound. Also if you're close to him use a dropkick since it takes a fraction of the charging time for a ground pound to use and will cancel a ground pound even if you got hit by it.

Night Hunter about to tackle you? Don't worry you have an ample amount of time to hit dodge and escape. You can even dodge tackles while in midair (video will be provided upon request).

Now let's review all the ways a night hunter can counter dropkick and death from above. Oh wait there are none.

"Yet, I see few people coming to the humans defense."

That's because they didn't need any defense. If you won as a night hunter prepatch then you were pretty good. If you won as a survivor then you were OK. If you lost as a survivor then you were either horrible or underleveled compared to the night hunter.

"All I see are people expecting humans to implement tactics reserved exclusively to highly skilled players."

So you mean it takes a highly skilled survivor to realize that attacking the nest while the nest defenses are still up is a bad idea? Even more so when the night hunter is present. Man I must be a god tier survivor.

"The same way I was asking hunters to employ smarter, more skillful tactics as a hunter."

That was all you did. You never explained what these tactics were or mentioned any relevant examples. And the only video you ever posted was against one tracked mind survivors who completely relied on flares and nothing else.

Thanks for speaking the minds of every night hunter player in the community. This is exactly how we view survivors, as "cheaters."

Also pretty sure you're referring to my video thread here. If one shotting nests, spamming flares and getting ohks on the night hunter were playing "fair" then why was it patched out? I'll wait.

Once, it wasn't even wrong. What I was experiencing was a latency issue. Just because it was lag didn't mean it was misinformation because it was definitely happening unlike some of the things that are being claimed in this thread.

Infinite spit was patched on PC before it was patched on consoles.

See above.

"Of course it's possible, but I think it's a little silly that people are expecting the human players to make no mistakes and have flawless matches, while there is much more room for error being a hunter. "

Much more room for error for the night hunter? I guess ability cool downs don't exists. Also the 5 second recovery for a missed ground pound is non existent.

But hey they had it even easier pre patch. Remember when a missed tackle resulted in instant death from above? Or when dying once meant survivors could one shot your nest and by half way to the next before you even respawn. Yeah the night hunter never suffered from any mistakes.

"I've said this before, but Hunters have more than double the tools at their disposal than humans do"

I can't believe you just said that. Need I remind you that all story mode items and abilities carry over into multiplayer.

Survivors have 3 skill trees, the night hunter has one (note: I'm not including passive abilities for either of them).

Survivors abilities

Survivor Tree

• Firecrackers
  • Molotov Cocktails
  • Throwing Stars (Includes Elemental Effects)
  • DIY Grenades (Regular, bleeding, freezing and toxic)
  • Trap Bombs (Exploding, bleeding and toxic)
  • Boosters (Night Hunter Potion, Cloak Potion, Night Vision Potion, etc.)
  • Exploding Car and Electric Fence Traps
  • Camouflage
  • Riot Shield
  • Grapple Hook

Agility Tree

• Dodge
  • Grapple (Throwing attacking zombies to the ground)
  • Slide
  • Vault (Jump over enemies)
  • Dropkick (Unavoidable, animation locked attack that sends the night hunter flying back defenseless)
  • Reversal (Stuns biters and allows for a follow up execution)
  • Light Drop (Reduces fall damage by half)
  • Forward roll (Increases the height from which you can fall and survive)
  • Tackle (Shove zombies to the ground and deals 1/3 damage to night hunters health)
  • Tic Tac (Allows you to run up a wall or other flat surfaces, even after a jump)
  • Backlash (Use throwing weapons or a UV flashlight while looking behind in sprint)
  • Health Regen

Power Tree

• Blast (doubles the damage dealt by throwing weapons)
  • Melee throw (Throw any melee weapon at enemies, dealing massive damage)
  • Focus (Striking the same enemy consecutively gives you a damage boost with each hit)
  • Kill Frenzy (Gain power points faster for 10 seconds after killing an enemy)
  • Power Attack
  • Ground Pound (requires two handed weapon. Must be mid air to execute. Range and force increase with Slam ability)
  • Stomp (Finish enemies on the ground with a head stomp)
  • Drop Attack (aka Death From Above)
  • Takedown (Sneak behind your enemies and silently kill them)

Total Abilities: 31

Night Hunters abilities

• Horde Spit
  • UV Suppressor Spit
  • UV Block
  • Tackle
  • Leap Frog
  • Spit Smash
  • Spit Charging

Total Abilities: 7

31 > 7

"... and yet I still see people on here wanting them to nerf the dropkicks even more... nerf the UV light even more."

Yeah I wonder why.

(for the record I think UV light is fine as it is now)

"Are you joking?!?!  I've played against hunters who KNEW what they were doing... and they never got close enough for me to dropkick them"

If night hunters are approaching you without a plan and get dropkicked then they are bad. Any average night hunter would know not just run up recklessly to survivors especially since the night hunter is weak in CQC.

"... they moved so quick I could never shine the UV light on them for more than a second without getting dizzy from trying to track them."

You need to get better aim or raise your stick sensitivity.

"Maybe it feels good to get 12 wins in a row to some people, but where is the challenge in that?  Neither side should have a larger advantage over the other..."

So why are you complaining now that there's an actual challenge for survivors? You just contradicted yourself.

"Now with this new patch I am having matches that are neck and neck with people I can tell are just getting started based on their abilities..."

"I think it's equally interesting that people are finding this mode to be "balanced" now.  I'm having close to tied games with people that I can tell just started playing as a hunter.  People who I wiped the floor with before (without cheating or exploiting... I don't even KNOW how to duplicate items or spam anything) are now coming close to beating me.  Sure I squeak ahead most times, but there should be a wider divide between noobs and someone who's been playing pretty much since release..."

Oh were they not supposed to have any chance to beat you? I guess that's balanced. God forbid they ever run into a 4v1 match starting off...

"I just find it annoying to be penalized as a survivor who never cheated in BTZ matches..."

Take that up with your fellow survivors.

Again don't blame night hunter players for something survivors brought on themselves. The glitches/exploits weren't going to go unnoticed forever.

i agree with alot of what you said here but 1 think and thats the uv light range as it stands its far to far this comes from a survivor and a hunter who rarely loses , the uv light shouldnt be used to play hunt the hunter(i do that in any 2/3/4v1 match) it should be used as a short range defence against the pounce

@jcks

You took about half of what I've said choosing not to focus on any of the constructive points that I put forth to back up my reasoning**.  You even quoted me and then proceeded to falsely represent what I said.  

Example:

Me

"Unfortunately there are people here who view simply playing as a survivor as "cheap" or "cheating." I have seen videos here of hunters resorting to infinite spit against humans who weren't even playing unfairly."

You

"Thanks for speaking the minds of every night hunter player in the community."

In no way, shape, or form of basic English grammar does the phrase "there are" represent an entire community.  Minor annoyance but I couldn't let this one slide even for a night.  The rest (and important parts) of my response will come in video form because I fear more text will only cause further confusion and increase the probability of even more cafeteria style picking and choosing of what has been said here.

**please read posts preceding what you quoted

Edited by jande135

i agree with alot of what you said here but 1 think and thats the uv light range as it stands its far to far this comes from a survivor and a hunter who rarely loses , the uv light shouldnt be used to play hunt the hunter(i do that in any 2/3/4v1 match) it should be used as a short range defence against the pounce

I agree with the UV light being used as a defensive tool as well. It should not allow you to chase the night hunter who has an insane amount of mobility.

@jcks

You took about half of what I've said choosing not to focus on any of the constructive points that I put forth to back up my reasoning**.  You even quoted me and then proceeded to falsely represent what I said.  

Example:

Me

"Unfortunately there are people here who view simply playing as a survivor as "cheap" or "cheating." I have seen videos here of hunters resorting to infinite spit against humans who weren't even playing unfairly."

You

"Thanks for speaking the minds of every night hunter player in the community."

In no way, shape, or form of basic English grammar does the phrase "there are" represent an entire community.  Minor annoyance but I couldn't let this one slide even for a night.  The rest (and important parts) of my response will come in video form because I fear more text will only cause further confusion and increase the probability of even more cafeteria style picking and choosing of what has been said here.

**please read posts preceding what you quoted

Alright it was mostly exaggerated but so was your initial statement.

Find me one instance in this entire forum where someone specifically states that playing as a survivor, using exploits or not, is "cheap" or "cheating."