Sign in to follow this  
No_Other_xD

First Experience After Patch 1.5

Hey guys, i just wanna share my experience as a Survivor after the patch D: was awesome, Because i have my game on Hard the medic kit dont help much i have to RUN a few time because my health was low xD, the nest is hard to destroy and the zombies around the nest? O.o Worst that the Night Hunter hahahaha i have to kill the zombies first BEFORE attack the nest, i love the new patch <3 what you guys think?

[Excuse my bad english, is not my main language and im not in the mood for google translate xD i just wanna play]

Edited by No_Other_xD

As a hunter, I love it. I can't speak for my survivor buddies (still winning the majority of their games but finding difficulty against advanced Hunter tactics). Some are managing well enough, while others I think have to get adjusted to no longer being able to speed rush from nest to nest. Speed is still the name of the game, but discipline on the side of a survivor seems to really be key in ensuring victory. If you keep your head down, keep track of the Hunters spits and UV shields, and not be distracted by a Hunters stall tactics, then you'll be fine. If you focus too much on the Hunter, and allow him/her to build up his specials then it'll be tough going for a survivor.

Posting some videos later of a friend and me fighting it out, post patch.

My game is updating now, I can't wait to get on and start wrecking all those people who mocked me after I killed them at least 9 times and only lost because they could one shot my nest.

I will say the Game is on the right track. An Undeniable Improvement.

Some Hunters actually make Me use some Effort which is refreshing ( THANK YOU TECHLAND )

But could still Benifit from more Updates.

I guess that will easier now that The Patch enables Analytics to be sent to TECHLAND.

I do ask all pro players in this forum if u all don't mind.

Please, upload the vid in ur youtube.

I can't wait to see.

If you all pro don't mind, please record the runner side of gameplay as well.

Thank you.

I do ask all pro players in this forum if u all don't mind.

Please, upload the vid in ur youtube.

I can't wait to see.

If you all pro don't mind, please record the runner side of gameplay as well.

Thank you.

Take a look at this thread.

A lot of it is stuff from last patch but most of the techniques used still apply. There aren't many survivor clips but I'm sure people here will be willing to give that side a go now that it isn't insanely overpowered.

Edited by jcks

I just like to watch the vid.

Of course, with commentary is better. Much more fun to watch.

And thank you doctor purrington for fast upload.

I am going to watch his vid on fire tv.

Omg, it was 15sec vid.

:(

Can't wait for more vid. Please

Edited by Ginko

As a Night Hunter, I can say it is so nice not having to be one-shot by everything.

No_Other, I saw you today! Couldn't get into your match, another Zombie beat me to it, but your name showed up.

Aaaah men :( It would have been interesting, maybe next time xD i have my invation on all the time

I just like to watch the vid.

Of course, with commentary is better. Much more fun to watch.

And thank you doctor purrington for fast upload.

I am going to watch his vid on fire tv.

Omg, it was 15sec vid.

:(

Can't wait for more vid. Please

I read this in the scariest voice possible. I have no idea why.

I didn't post it here yet, how did you see it? O.o

Did they increase the cool down time on the hunter's spits?

Edit: Nevermind. I see what's going on. The hunter's energy takes longer to recharge, thus increasing the time it takes to recharge skills if hit by UV Light.

Edit 2: Nope nevermind. No idea what the hell is going on.

Edited by jande135

I read this in the scariest voice possible. I have no idea why.

I didn't post it here yet, how did you see it? O.o

I am one of ur youtube subscribers and I probably watch all ur btz vids more than 5 times each.

They are so great.

Again thank you for great vids.

Did they increase the cool down time on the hunter's spits?

Edit: Nevermind. I see what's going on. The hunter's energy takes longer to recharge, thus increasing the time it takes to recharge skills if hit by UV Light.

Edit 2: Nope nevermind. No idea what the hell is going on.

Huh, I didn't know they didn't regenerate when you didn't have shields up - thought that was just health. "The more you know!"

I don't believe they're any slower than normal, what's happening on your end, specifically?

I am one of ur youtube subscribers and I probably watch all ur btz vids more than 5 times each.

They are so great.

Again thank you for great vids.

:wub:

Glad you're enjoying. With the new patch, hopefully Night Hunter players come out of the woodwork and we get a slew of great videos coming to the forums.

2400+ weapon takes 10 strikes to kill one spawn in nest. PLUS 10 to kill every zombie attacking you. The weakest hunters are now dominating. Before,the the good hunters would just kick your chupacabra in. The ones that had the timing down and could use ground pound. A Survivors never stood a chance against a good hunter. NOW, you spend all your time chopping away at ads until your occupied ENOUGH till the hunter can come flying in while you are so occupied. I enjoyed it and found it level, up till now. NOW the ads are killing me more than the hunter.All you had to do is fix the spit glitch.

Average Hunters are now giving you a really hard time. I don't think it improved the game mode, it just made it more noob friendly towards the Hunters. (in 1v1 situations).

Played a 2v1 and still felt EXTREMELY unbalanced for the Hunter, it was so easy it wasn't even fun for me as a survivor. I think that some things should scale according to player count. UV lights should become weaker the more survivors are in-game.

Going back to 1v1 scenarios: Now in order to fight average hunters i need a buttload of medkits, molotofs and flares. So basically i play 1 game and then have to disable game-invasion in order to grind on the singleplayer to restock my medkits, molotofs & flares. So its like for every BTZ match (average of like 10mins) i need to spent 30 mins grinding for materials... just takes my motivation :(

Average Hunters are now giving you a really hard time. I don't think it improved the game mode, it just made it more noob friendly towards the Hunters. (in 1v1 situations).

Played a 2v1 and still felt EXTREMELY unbalanced for the Hunter, it was so easy it wasn't even fun for me as a survivor. I think that some things should scale according to player count. UV lights should become weaker the more survivors are in-game.

Going back to 1v1 scenarios: Now in order to fight average hunters i need a buttload of medkits, molotofs and flares. So basically i play 1 game and then have to disable game-invasion in order to grind on the singleplayer to restock my medkits, molotofs & flares. So its like for every BTZ match (average of like 10mins) i need to spent 30 mins grinding for materials... just takes my motivation :(

You can set invasions to be every other night. That way you have a night to prepare for the next invasion.

You can set invasions to be every other night. That way you have a night to prepare for the next invasion.

i play private all the time, only when i want to play vs hunters i set it to public. Thats not the point. My point is that the way things are now just make it so that i can't play as often, since i need to gather stuff that is crucial in order to win.

Oh wait I forgot you're playing survivor.

Another reason why I feel this should be a stand alone mode.

Edit: oops replied to the wrong thread.

I still think it would be fair to have lobbies. Or set it up so survivors have a set amount of items on each life (10 flares, 5 medkits, etc.) That way people who just want to play pvp can jump from game to game without any pauses.

Edited by jcks

I have a strange problem now. I can no longer set my game set the ability for zombies to invade my game. Tried to do this both from the pause menu and from the title screen. On the pause screen I don't have the option anywhere. On the title screen I can set the online options but when I start the game, it is still set to single player only with no option to change it.

Wanted to share some vids I've saved out of the many games I've played over the past 2 days. Hope it helps in painting a better picture of the current state of BTZ.

4 V 1

A typical match with no funny business. It felt more or less the same like it did pre patch but enemy AI and nest duration helped in securing this game for me earlier then expected then in past games before the patch. The group individually seemed fair enough but they seemed to stall a lot. So far, I haven't encountered a team that can efficiently move from nest to nest in a fast paced manner. The nests no longer being a one hit kill are an issue in moving fast yes, but it seems most of the survivors I've met haven't learned to better manage their time and stall over things that seem a little silly (causing my abilities to recharge). Hopefully more survivors will learn to better manage their time.

3 v 1 Flare users Post Patch

So an interesting game featuring flare users. They didn't exactly spam flares throughout the whole game, but this is the most flares I've been exposed to (from a group) since the patch. Not a huge problem for me or other hunters who can manage to stick Horde spits on them. At certain points I was able to pounce on Survivors because of gaps between flares (if they space their throws in order to avoid the CD) or because they reached their max of 3 flares and weren't able to quickly switch over to a UV light.

1 v 1 Duel with a bud

Unfortunately the entire match wasn't saved :-/ .Using my alt acct, a buddy and me battled in what turned out to be a really good game. I consider him a good player who could've won had he not goofed about with going stealth at the wrong moments or trying to vault over a Horde Zombie (that's how he died at the end of the video *face palm*).

Even for him, we both noted the ramped up difficulty and struggle he faced in our bout, in comparison to games pre patch. It took a sizable effort (he promises to play all out next game :o ) to even achieve 4 nest kills.

I like the new patch, healthy bunch of improvements and fixes have landed. I'm quite happy aboud dagger getting nerfed... but just removing obvious OP weapons doesn't solve any of the gameplay problems.

Single human has more health higher damage and uv flashlight seems to have infinite supply of energy.

I'm still waiting for the patch that will touch the balance so called 'hunter' is actually more often seen being hunted than hunting.

My biggest issue is with ground pound this ability is huners one and only powerful spammable weapon but it comes with downside that makes is a dangerous gamble. Humans are very eager to see hunter use this ability because single miss earns them kill and more often than not a nest kill. Is there a chance for a missed ground pount to actually issue Cooldown on hunter abilites but not stun him ? Or maybe make ground pound a ability on cooldown that he will be able to use say every 10 seconds but without stun on miss ? I would be happy with that... missing a groundpound looses you games now.

Survivors can dodge tackle yet... hunter can't dodge survivors tackle and drop kicks... how fair is that ?

Matchmaking is still a big issue, problem with many hunters joining the same game than getting kicked out persists.

As well as 'unable to join the game' one. It's a regular thing to spend 5-10 minutes looking for a one game that you can actually join and it will start.

Edited by Cypeq