TechnicalMarvel

Rb As The Jump Button

It seriously detracts from movement in the air this way. You need your right thumb on the thumb stick to aim where you are looking while jumping. It has to be one of the triggers or bumpers or it cripples your movement.

I agree. It would be virtually impossible to complete some parts of the game with a more "traditional" control scheme where A (or X on PS4 controller) is the jump button.

I am still of the opinion that they should give us the option to change it so that A (or X on PS4 controller) is the jump button. Then, people can try it and stop complaining. Give most of these "bumper jumper" haters an hour with A (or X on PS4 controller) as the jump button, and they will quickly realise the error of their ways and switch back.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ

Completely disagree. If A was a jump button then how could you run and look whilst jumping? The game requires you to be able to run, look and jump simultaneously. It would also require the hand to move on the controller every three seconds. If it was Cod then fine.. But it's a free running game, if anything jump is as important as the primary attack and should be on an equally accessible button.

Get used to it :)

I think they should give you the option....

But now having got used to it, Im actually starting to think it's a superior control scheme as you can look and jump simultaneously. I like it.

Whereas A button, you hav to let go of the right stick to press the button.

For game about parkour - it seems a better scheme. However, given the A button is used primarily for 'survivor sense' it's seems the A button could have been used for Jump as well without too much change for the core controls.

It took me awhile to get used to it too but I understood why they did it so I stuck with it and now I think it makes more sense this way. I think its time for interface upgrade for games if they're gonna keep adding actions (ie:run,jump,grab,climb,crouch,attack,kick,throw etc). I was playing fc4 yesterday and kept throwing grenades by accident and wishing I could grab ledges. In fact I wish that jumping/grabbing/climbing any vertical ledge would be incorporated in all future 1st person games as it adds immersion. And besides if players had the choice they would just complain about poor level design and broken play mechanics lol. Oh yeah I love this game!

The reason why we used the right bumper for jump is because your right thumb is always on the analog stick. If you use your right thumb to press A/X, for that split mili-second, you no longer can use your thumb to control the direction of the jump.

We designed that on purpuse after lots and lots of testing. Because you use your sight to aim at a ledge/roof, having your right thumb on the analog stick at all times gives you total control of the jump/air time. It allows you more freedom in movement, and makes it more intuitive.

Hope this explains why we went for the bumper :)