Massacher

Disappointed With Pre-Order...

I am very disappointed that I paid extra for the Day and Night Edition of the game to have access to the exclusive items:

Night Club + Ninja outfit

Buzz Killer + Special Agent outfit

And to find that I don't get to use the outfits until I finish the prologue is ridiculous. And what is even more ridiculous is that I have to scrounge for parts for these weapons before I can make and use them. I paid the extra money and waited an extra month to have access to these items! Its absolutely unacceptable that when we pay for something more we still don't have complete access to it. I bet I'm not the only one that is angry at this. Games companies need to listen to us gamers. Because if this trend continues guess what? We won't be buying your games anymore and will just go back to our preferred games that actually deliver on what they promise. I am sick of paying for exclusive items and DLC and not getting to use them right out of the box.

Uh, you may not realize this, but having the blueprint is better. If they just gave you the weapon it would be used and gone, this way you can make infinite numbers of them.

Also, I completely disagree, I prefer to get preorder or dlc items as a reward for doing something in game to get them. If everything is handed to us, it isn't a game, it's a movie.

anyone who expects better stuff right away in an open world game is just plain stupid , unless they made those weapons so chupacabra after level 5 you wouldn't use them as everything else is far better (which very few games will do)

So much seems unacceptable to so many these days, it's a wonder that anyone gets on with life...unacceptable is also too extreme a word for something so minor. What will you use when you encounter something in life that is truly unacceptable?

I'm also wondering why waiting for a month extra is a valid part of your point about the DLC.

Edited by Jim di Griz

Really don't get this argument.

You expect to just go into a new campaign and have a 1hit-KO weapon? - Why on earth would any developer even consider doing that.

Enjoy the fact you have to work for it. The game isn't supposed to be a chore so complaining that you have to play it is ridiculous. 

Really hope developers in future don't listen to threads like this and make the game as easy as possible on pay2win basis.   

Its not that I want pay to win. I don't like pay to win. I want what I paid extra for. If I have to work for it, its completely meaningless to have exclusive items that I won't get to use until later in the game. By which point it will most likely be outdone by better items. I see more and more games do this. Call of Duty is the worst example of this. And also Street Fighter IV. There are several versions of it with characters added in which they could have done by making them DLC instead of selling another version of the game with 4 extra characters. Money milking which I absolutely hate.

Devs dividing games up into chunks and selling them as limited edition or exclusive is killing the community and it angers people and also divides the community which is why so many games are pirated because people don't want to spend money on something that is still dangled in front of them that they paid extra for and don't get to use or see until they have unlocked or completed a mission, quest or whatever.

Edited by Massacher

I hear what you are saying but honestly they can't introduce extra perks / items at the beginning of the game. It would detract so much from the survival feel and what the opening few missions are supposed to feel like. Haven't got the blueprints myself yet so I don't know what you need to craft but you can get a hold of most materials within 12 hours of the game. At that point you will only be 1/4 of the way through and i'd expect the special weapon to be very viable. 

If im not mistaken you can use the ninja skin from day 1. So it's only one item you are missing out on. 

You have to finish the prologue before you can use outfits. And I have all but one part for the Buzz Killer. I still haven't found the two handed hammer. I've made the Night Club but it doesn't last too long. I love the Classic baseball bat with industrial-grade leech. Its so brutal! I am 11 hours into the game and I am really immersed in it. It feels like I'm in an episode of The Walking Dead! Soooo good!

Well, Dead Island Riptide's pre-order weapon wasn't available until after the prologue...and as far as I'm aware no one really got bothered by that; so I'm still wondering why would that even be an issue? The prologue was just your arrival upto the point where you meet Spike.

And truthfully, people pirate because they are cheapskates or do not have respect for copyright.

Yes the blueprint is good. But I expected it to be usable right away and not have to spend hours and hours to get the item. That is why pre-orders cost extra.

They should've had 1 usable from the start already and have us search for more items to make another one of the same weapon!!!

It would need to be very chupacabra as a starting weapon. Like a more fashionable pipe, ie some form of vanity item. You just can't go making things easy for a player from day one in what is supposed to be a survival game. Keep looking fo that hammer tho, think survivor 14-15 you start to see them at vendors. 

Really don't get this argument.

You expect to just go into a new campaign and have a 1hit-KO weapon? - Why on earth would any developer even consider doing that.

Enjoy the fact you have to work for it. The game isn't supposed to be a chore so complaining that you have to play it is ridiculous.

Really hope developers in future don't listen to threads like this and make the game as easy as possible on pay2win basis.

True words, thanks!