Sign in to follow this  
lyravega

You Disappoint Me Techland.

Why did you get rid of all the Generators? I mean Item Generators.

In Dead Island, the itemdata was used as a template by the game, modified by the Generator parameters to provide you with near infinite amount of permutations; endless loot.

In Dying Light, every item is pre-defined, and item randomization is nearly non-existant. Even skins for items are defined as a new item instead of letting the generators handle all that jazz.

What is the result? The result is, if you are at max level, you'll be limited to 5-6 types of weapons, and that's it. You'll get same weapon over and over and over, and the only difference will be a few damage points and that's pretty much it. Whereas Dead Island provided you with the chance to get something better & different at all times, in Dying Light, your options are limited by a huge amount. While I have played Dead Island from time to time after all these years, I just can't see myself doing the same with Dying Light after all these years, given that I know I'll be getting the same thing over and over without any chance for any improvement.

Patch on Tuesday is bringing more variety and a gold weapon tier. They are fixing the high level RNG tables, just hasn't been confirmed if it is in Tuesdays patch or a later one.

Cross fingers or whatever you do for it being in on Tuesday.

Well, unless they re-introduce generators, I really don't see the point of them adding a new weapon tier.

And the whole post is to point out that there is no RNG table when it comes to itemization. Everything is predefined.

I am one of the biggest complainers about the RNG issue, as I said in my last post, they are fixing it. I know what your post is about, I've made 5 posts about this already. The fix is coming.

@Korpen

I'm on xbone, don't think you have to start over, you shouldn't anyway, but do have to wait until Tuesday patch. Happy killing.

Edited by Placebo Soul

To me, what I wrote up there is constructive criticsm, to be taken with a grain of salt. Not trying to flame/blame.

Wasn't aimed at you mate. Was just a generic statement as the forums have been filled with unhelpful trash.