Sign in to follow this  
Korpen

Some Ideas About A Sequel And Wishlist For Fixes/gameplay Additions.

Hey all, new member to the forums. I just want to begin this thread by telling you and Techland that this is an awesome game. I had a good time with Dead Island but you broke new ground with this one! I also a dedicated fan of the Call of Juarez series, at least the first two. So kudos to you for the convenient easter egg ;)

I love the parkour and especially after reaching the highest ability rank; it gets really fluid. And with the combat, I really have a blast. But I have som ideas that might improve the game and/or things that might be good for an potential sequel.

First with the fixes for the current game:

I would really like to see that the weapon scaling is fixed. I haven't hit level 25 yet, I am level 22-23 but I cannot help but notice that I can no longer find baseball bats, cleavers, knives, crowbars, sickles etc. And this is, imo, a problem which needs to be resolved. I was thinking that after I complete the story and do everything, this will be my free roam game where I can just run around, killing zombies and do fun things. But with the lack of content at higher levels (weapons), I might get tired more quickly than I thought I would. I still love swords and axes, but there is nothing that can beat the sound of a baseball bat crushing a zombies skull! 

I mean, you do not have to make the weapon as high damage as katanas or similar weapons, because its fun that you need to hit like 2-3 times to kill someone, and when you really get those OHK your face is just screaming AWESOME! And I am sure that a fix for this would be possible. 

That is really my main issue with the game. But another cool and less confusing change would be instead of weapons that you have modified with a blueprint, then instead of just (Modified) next to the weapon it should say the blueprints name, so you remember what blueprint you used. 

For example; Heavy Splitter Axe (Stay Down).

That way, I can remember which ones I've tried and which ones I haven't.

That is all I can say about fixes right now, might come up with more. But another small, but stil maybe a huge request developer wise; Give me a spear! Just think about piercing a zombie in the head all medieval like. 

Maybe this post just got to long, but the last thing is about some ideas for a sequel, I will just do it as a list.

- Ability to "pull your legs up while jumping" (Think "Mirror's Edge) which will make it even more fluid!
- Less safehouses. In slums, there are way to many and you don't feel really "scared" when you get the message that the night is coming.      Less safehouses to increase the sense of "Oh chupacabra!".

- Sideways (horizontal) wallrunning (I don't know if that is the correct term, but I think you understand what I meant). Maybe it doesn't add that much of functionality but just think about it - Running horizontal and jump away, smashing your foe in the head. Or just for parkour purposes.

And that is all I have to say right now. As I said before, thank you for this awesome game. I just wanted to give my constructive criticism. :)

Good news about the first part, it's being addressed due to popular demand. Not sure if the loot RNG issue is being fixed in 1.4 (next week), but the devs have assured us they are indeed correcting this issue.

Yay

Hopefully if not in 1.4, it is very very very very very very soon.

And with that you mean the level 25 glitch or? Sorry for my ignorance, haha. But yes, it seems like Techland is replying and listening to its community, and that is the key to be a good developer and evolve. :)

Another thing, do you know if Random Encounters (Not those you need to rescue, but those that talk about random things) will respawn if they die?

I have had the "luck" of meeting 3, and just when they have finished their first sentence in our conversation, a runner has came up on the roof and killed him. The first 2 times I wasn't ready for it. The third time, I was paranoid, so I saw a runner coming... But I had a short weapon and because of my panic, I missed and the zombie killed him...

The fourth one was in the tower, I missed him and ran up to the quartermaster, then I went down and he is standing behind/next to the front door (At the left you have Zere) - To the right if you are coming in from a run. He was still there, but he was walking into the wall again and again and didn't talk to me. Is this a known bug? 

Edited by Korpen

Okey, but I have yet to encounter those that died. I remember one guys name - Abdullah. The other 2 I can't recall. 

Anyway, with a weapon scaling fix - it will be the perfect zombie game atm. :) 

sorry, reread that, I have definitely run into repeats of those random story telling people. Don't think any of them died in my presence, but they disappear after you leave, and I've definitely run into some of them more than once.

Think that's as close as I can come to answer, since I didnt see any die. Happy hunting buds ;)

Okey, I hope that is the case then. I like to hear, see and experience everything a game world has to offer (if I enjoy it). 

Got the Rais full inventory glitch.. Didn't know before hand, picked it with full inventory and now it's lost forever. :(

Yeah, have to wait to snag it in NG+ if you try to pick up the gun with inventory full and it disappears. It's a good gun, btbh i don't use it, find the police rifle better myself, and it's in my storage.

Considering the patch on Tuesday will give more content, will definitely be worth it to play through a 2nd time. Sucks to wait, but you can snag it then (remember inventory next time obviously).

Yeah. I will probably try the Hard Mode! But I have Dragon Age inqusistion to finish also. Finishing Dying Light first  - all sidequests etc. Found all blueprints now except two I think. 

Yeah, looking forward the new weapons! But is it more content than the 4 new weapons? 

And yeah (lots of yeah) I don't use guns that much, ocassionally the shotgun. I hope Hard Mode will bring a more "survival" kind of experience, instead of the typical hack n slash. :)