Sign in to follow this  
DoctorPurrington

1 Nest Left, 9 Lives: 1 Vs. 1 Night Hunter Gameplay (Video/commentary)

Today I'm bringing you guys a match that kept me on the edge of my seat from the first minute to the last. Honestly, I was getting a bit disheartened as the fight went on, since, as you'll see, it becomes relatively one-side one we get to the halfway point.

And that's when Night Hunter mode kicks in.

Like a proverbial Night Hunter potion, all your stats kick it into high gear. No longer are you the hunted, but the HUNTER. And damnit, you should be. Because once you enter Night Hunter mode, there's no turning back.

I've had a good "clutch" match before, but this one goes to a whole 'nother level of cutting it close. Not going to lie - luck had a big part of it. But keeping the Human distracted and using abilities at the right time, even if they appear wasted, puts a lot of pressure on the fleshy meatbags trying to take you down.

Never forget who the monster is. Don't be afraid to engage to disrupt a strategy. Not everyone thinks a mile a minute, and sometimes all it takes is a little push to knock someone off their game.

Speaking of disruptions, the 5th death is now clear to me - not only did he die from the explosive barrel kill, but it very much counted, which accounts for his being unable to reach the Nests in time. The things that go on when I'm not paying attention!

It's also very important to understand your opponents' weaknesses. You'll see, later in the match, I take advantage of the Human's desire to rush to see opportunities to get "free Pounces" when I would normally just get UV'd. A dodge and a UV Light can be used relatively simultaneously, but that doesn't mean it's EASY to do so. That's why distractions and pressure are so important. I might be a Night Hunter and he might be a seasoned government agent, but that doesn't mean there isn't a normal person on the other side of both our screens. Adrenaline affects us all.

It's unfortunate that he felt he had to "Abort," which essentially means he pulled his plug/Internet in frustration. I'd be frustrated too, but unless someone is outright cheating, there's no reason to deny them the kill. Regardless, the Night Hunter doesn't get anything for winning, so it's an empty gesture. I still sent him a message of good will afterward to let him know there were no hard feelings.

Regardless, the match ended in my victory, and I'll take it as such. Roar unto the night, bretheren. Tonight, we feast as if we were at death's door.

For truly, we stood at the welcome mat and brushed the filth off our feet.

ive had aborted missions before with us still communicating i think it could just be connection lost for any reason 

and wasnt bad but with the mistakes you made against him during the 1 nest left phase you would die against a cool headed survivor 

Should post this in the epic matches thread. It's good content.

Thanks man, will do!

ive had aborted missions before with us still communicating i think it could just be connection lost for any reason 

and wasnt bad but with the mistakes you made against him during the 1 nest left phase you would die against a cool headed survivor 

Er... based on the reply he sent, it was pretty obvious he pulled the plug. Not gonna hound him over it, but... yea. No reason to cut out in that way unless there's blatant cheats involved.

Thanks man, will do!

Er... based on the reply he sent, it was pretty obvious he pulled the plug. Not gonna hound him over it, but... yea. No reason to cut out in that way unless there's blatant cheats involved.

fair enough 

That was an intense game. It's a feat coming back down 9 kills, to his 4 nest kills. Combination skill, luck, and badassery. The Zombie Gods were on your side that day. My favorite part is his retreat into the building, where you pursued and attempted to pounce. Normally, being trapped inside a building like that is gg, but not on that day. That was a clutch Zombie horde kill. If ever there was a way to promote Zombies in the game, make sure to make that one a General.

Too bad he did abort, because that fight did deserve a proper ending. Fantastic game nonetheless.

That was an intense game. It's a feat coming back down 9 kills, to his 4 nest kills. Combination skill, luck, and badassery. The Zombie Gods were on your side that day. My favorite part is his retreat into the building, where you pursued and attempted to pounce. Normally, being trapped inside a building like that is gg, but not on that day. That was a clutch Zombie horde kill. If ever there was a way to promote Zombies in the game, make sure to make that one a General.

Too bad he did abort, because that fight did deserve a proper ending. Fantastic game nonetheless.

That was such a crazy part of the match! My zombies make their country proud.

My favorite was that CQC exchange on the 4th kill; if you watch closely, the only reason I was able to Tackle successfully into the spikes was because he was switching out to his shotgun right as I started. I love re-watching to study what choices my opponent made and why something things did/didn't work.

again stop posting these crappy xbox n ps4 vids u cant compare console play with pc

You need to stop with these console trash posts "this is not YouTube".. I play on PC but good content is good content regardless of gaming hardware. One more thing, don't assume someone is on a console just because you see a gamepad icon. There are people that use controllers on their PC's.

You need to stop with these console trash posts "this is not YouTube".. I play on PC but good content is good content regardless of gaming hardware. One more thing, don't assume someone is on a console just because you see a gamepad icon. There are people that use controllers on their PC's.

but they are scrubs cause they use console controllers (just saying what he will say) and i could give a few reasons this game is better on console then pc but dont feel like it though if he keeps going i will