jande135

To All Those Complaining About Underpowered Zombie

The aim assist is for melee battles. One of the things we were trying to combat in close quarter combat with the Hunter is that it got very hard to keep track of the hunter and even harder to hit him. Imagine a case where the hunter is in front of you then leaps over your head. He then hits the human from behind and then leaps over you again when you try to turn around to see him and so on. We had Hunters win entire games just by playing leap frogging over the Humans constantly. It wasn't interesting for the hunter and it was frustrating for the humans. The aim assist helps the humans keep track of him in those kind of confusing cases and get a few swings in. The Hunter is not intended to be at advantage when he tries to slug it out with melee attacks against a human's melee attacks. He will take more damage and die. In general our design for BTZ was to discourage fights where both parties hack away at each other in melee range as the combat system didn't lend itself to interesting fights at that range. All his moves are designed to push back and create space to set up his next big attack.

As for the drop kick, it uses a lot of the same logic as the Hunter's tackle. He can do that as well. We might adjust the numbers of how it activates but again we want to see how the patch affects balancing before making any further changes.

Thanks for your Reply George. I Appreciate it.

Here's another Idea for future consideration. Aim Assist for 1 vs 1 stays as it is.

But in Games of 2 vs 1 and above, maybe soften the Aim Assist slightly. As the Humans can work together when the Night Hunter comes within Melee Range.

Thanks for your Reply George. I Appreciate it.

Here's another Idea for future consideration. Aim Assist for 1 vs 1 stays as it is.

But in Games of 2 vs 1 and above, maybe soften the Aim Assist slightly. As the Humans can work together when the Night Hunter comes within Melee Range.

You shouldn't be putting yourself in situations where the aim assist is the reason you're dying. Tweaking the aim assist doesn't make any sense.

If anyone here plays on xbone and is interested in playing some matches, shoot me a PM and we can set something up. I have a solid group of friends to play with. I'm hoping to get a full group so we can play 4v1's consistently.

Edited by jande135

zombies are underpowered u telling me the strong zombie in the game cant even toe to toe with one human not only that zombies dont have dodge idk how many time i get next to a human n groundspam ground spit or just flat out spit them all they have to do is do the dodge action right when they go off and ez mode started miss a tackle human instantly just pull of a deathfrom above sorry but u need to remove tho actions from the human played zombie if we cant dodge why can they they are supost to be SURVIVING not just lolly gagging through the stage diong w.e they want spamming flares and airdrop flares in a match just 10 minutes ago they finished the game mode in about 5 minutes they split into 1 each just airstrike spammed thos spots ok lets say ur patch does happen and there zombies ok 5 flares airstrike ooo looks like thos zombies still where utterly useless to put in make thos things in the nest be out too only way to make this feel like there actually trying to survive

zombies are underpowered u telling me the strong zombie in the game cant even toe to toe with one human not only that zombies dont have dodge idk how many time i get next to a human n groundspam ground spit or just flat out spit them all they have to do is do the dodge action right when they go off and ez mode started miss a tackle human instantly just pull of a deathfrom above sorry but u need to remove tho actions from the human played zombie if we cant dodge why can they they are supost to be SURVIVING not just lolly gagging through the stage diong w.e they want spamming flares and airdrop flares in a match just 10 minutes ago they finished the game mode in about 5 minutes they split into 1 each just airstrike spammed thos spots ok lets say ur patch does happen and there zombies ok 5 flares airstrike ooo looks like thos zombies still where utterly useless to put in make thos things in the nest be out too only way to make this feel like there actually trying to survive

You just need to practice and watch a few tutorial videos. Once you get a handle on all the systems in place (both for survivors and hunter) you'll have no problem in 1v1's. Groups are much more difficult, but, again, learn the systems and you can find ways to manage the battlefield to work in your favor.

again survivors are suppose to be surviving when i play a night hunter im not even worried i just chase him down uv him to  death its tooo ez hunters are so much more difficult to play iv already maxed it out and yes i win like 70-80 percent of my matchs but i can still plainly see whats wrong with this mode human should be terrified to get close to the night hunter ez solution would be increased melee 2 hits to down i know it sounds like much but if they cant uv u to death before u get 2 feet from them they deserve to die

You just need to practice and watch a few tutorial videos. Once you get a handle on all the systems in place (both for survivors and hunter) you'll have no problem in 1v1's. Groups are much more difficult, but, again, learn the systems and you can find ways to manage the battlefield to work in your favor.

I keep seeing people saying that they as hunters always win 1v1s. I don't know if I'm just weird, or maybe I haven't really figured it out yet, but as a hunter I'm literally the worst at 1v1. I lose consistently. I always go with games of 2+. I don't know, maybe I'm some sort of hunter master of chaos or something. Or maybe it's just because more people=more room for error. I've just always found when I do 1v1 the survivor's always just staring me in the face and I can't do anything.

I don't know.

And I do realize that this comment may be slightly off-topic, but I've just found that I work better fighting against a team than one person. Even the most organized team makes mistakes. Example:

One time I was playing and doing alright, but the team was doing good too. They got down to the last hit on the final nest and decided to taunt me by drawing me in and killing me. I'll admit, they succeeded a few times, but then when they began getting cocky they began making a lot more mistakes. I think one even downed himself with a grenade, and one tried rushing me with a crowbar and no UV light (the final kill). I don't really know for sure, but maybe I'm just a different kind of hunter.

I keep seeing people saying that they as hunters always win 1v1s. I don't know if I'm just weird, or maybe I haven't really figured it out yet, but as a hunter I'm literally the worst at 1v1. I lose consistently. I always go with games of 2+. I don't know, maybe I'm some sort of hunter master of chaos or something. Or maybe it's just because more people=more room for error. I've just always found when I do 1v1 the survivor's always just staring me in the face and I can't do anything.

I don't know.

And I do realize that this comment may be slightly off-topic, but I've just found that I work better fighting against a team than one person. Even the most organized team makes mistakes. Example:

One time I was playing and doing alright, but the team was doing good too. They got down to the last hit on the final nest and decided to taunt me by drawing me in and killing me. I'll admit, they succeeded a few times, but then when they began getting cocky they began making a lot more mistakes. I think one even downed himself with a grenade, and one tried rushing me with a crowbar and no UV light (the final kill). I don't really know for sure, but maybe I'm just a different kind of hunter.

You're not crazy, and this isn't off-topic at all! I absolutely do better - and have more fun - when there are more Humans are in a game.

Well, that's not entirely true. I'd say my absolute worst matchup is 1 Vs. 2.

The reason is that the more Humans are in a game, the faster your Spits regenerate. it's wonderfully absurd how quickly you get to 2 of everything in 1 Vs. 4. I don't even make it to the Humans at the beginning of the match sometimes before my abilities fill up.

Of course, you need it - A skilled team of 4 will space themselves out strategically, making Horde Spit even more deadly than UV Spit. However, with two UV Block you have nearly 10 seconds of UV invulnerability - plenty of time to formulate (or execute, hopefully) your strategy.

Nothing is more fun than winning a 1 Vs. 4. It's exhilarating facing down 4 Humans with incredibly fast ability regeneration. You're the way the Night Hunter should be - powerful, fast, and always with a trick up his sleeve. It's not like 1 Vs. 1, where Nests are won and lost solely based on whether or not you connect with your ability in each engagement. In 1 Vs. 4, and even 1 Vs. 3, your abilities spawn quickly enough so that you can engage, kill, back off, and be able to engage again before they get a "free run" to the nests.

I always tell new players to use Horde Spit to the fullest, but it's often difficult in single-Human games due to the regeneration times. People often underutilize Horde Spit in 1 Vs. 2+, but it's utterly invaluable. Far more dangerous and advantageous than UV Spit, which can be diluted with proper spacing.

But Horde Spit and fast-regenerating UV Blocks? You can split those mongrels up and trap them for daaaaays.

1v1s are garbage hunter needs melee buff or a dodge what i been encountering in pc world is kick spams throwing weapons and if they get a hit on u straight to gun insta kill anything above a 4 is actually better not much complaints on bigger games because ur skill reset time is worth the extra people but overall i still feel like the hunter should be literately hunting the humans like they should have to try to survive not try to just uv spam u and grapple chase u to death if thats the way it is should be called to hunt the zombie mod

Seeing this post and being it from march makes me kinda sad.

Because you know, being June now makes me think that no balance patch is coming out, and yes, i do think game needs balance right now.

Let me state the reasons as briefly as i can:

Survivors can play agro rushing down nests, a good survivor doesnt even need to care that much about the hunter as spits are mostly avoidable, and melee as the dev just here stated its designed to work against the hunter.

What is there left for the hunter? the pounces. Are they useful? not against good players. They will just spam flares, or spam UV at you, or heck, they would spam both at you at the same time hoping for your energy to drain even faster.

That is just one of many points, dying as hunter equals as dying twice as survivor, and yes it is easy to die as hunter with things as they are right now, in my opinion atleast.

I would state so many other things that i find unbalanced about this gamemode, but its late and im too tired, i'll just say that if indeed the devs find the game balanced as it is now, well that is fine for me.

As a reasonable person that i am ill just stop playing a game that i find not well designed, which is kinda sad as i really like the concept as it is, but then again if bugs, cheaters, bad optimization or lag is not enough, we even have (again, in my opinion) big balance issues

Not only did you remove the spit + pounce combo in last patch, which wasnt that big of a deal as most survivors would instantly spam flares afterwards or even dodge the spit.

Still, even though you nerfed hunters to oblivion, now you also give DLC exclusive Op weapons for survivors (Bow).

Well then, if that is what techland thinks a good and balanced game is, as i said, fine for me.

Just, isnt quite the kind of choices i would have liked, and seeing how they are driving Dead Island 2 (a more casual and kill-everything kind of game) just makes it clearer that i shouldnt look up for this company anymore.

Want to make this clear, im not raging here, just giving my personal feedback in the most honest way that i can without being irrespetuous. Because you know, some companies do appreciate feedback, good or bad.

So yeah, ill wait maybe a few weeks or something, if i dont see any kind of patch with balance fixes or some kind of announce on one, i'll just uninstall the game and give the company my most honest appologies for not liking it.

Hope you all have a great summer

You're forgetting the hunter's UV Block and the fact that the hunter ground pound can be used when crippled. If the hunters close in and attack, you can ground pound (or Spit Slam), UV Block, and go to town on them.

Ground pound and spit slam are both useless if the human is drop kicking and the second you miss a ground pound/spit slam your dead. UV block is good for a few seconds, enough time to escape but not to launch a full attack or pounce...

not only that survivor can still reach and attack you while in these animations so while your attacking them in gp or SS you have the chance of getting hit 1-2 times before they and you come outta the animations