Sign in to follow this  
ob1foru

Intentional Plot Hole? Brecken After The Pit And The Saviors And A Few Other Things (Spoiler Alert)

I've put in over 100 hours on the game and played through the entire story twice to double check. After the Pit, you find yourself with Brecken at the dock where the barge is. The cut scene points you to the next story line objective, Brecken hands you a radio, and shuts the door of the cargo container. Other than twice on the radio, he never appears in the game afterwards. Where did he go? He's not at the tower, when you go back to the dock later the barge is gone. Was this intentional? Brecken, Jade and her brother were such "important" characters that it warranted a feud between Brecken's "men" and Rias' yet he drops clean off the map (in a manner of speaking) and leaves a tower full of people?

He couldn't have escaped on the barge; which brings me to my next point. The barge disappearing itself is a mystery. The waters are fenced in with buoys and they supposedly sink any ship trying to leave. Where did it go? I couldn't find anything in Old Town resembling it so I don't think it went there...

Also, after Rias "relocates" to the museum, it looks like they pretty much packed up and left before letting the zombies have the base. But, in both locations after you infiltrate and chase him out, no antizin, all the containers are empty, there's nothing. When the story reaches the finale, there's no mention of future antizin drops, no mention of supply drops returning; just how is Crane and the survivors supposed to survive long enough to see the cure?

IMO, despite the game being well made overall, there seems to be quite a few discrepancies that need to be tied up.

Also, I sincerely hope there's more content to be delivered. Cuisine and Cargo took me 20 minutes to breeze through (including travel time to get to them.) As much as my Japanese blood loves slicing up zombies with a Katana, I'd like to have other options with the same amount of damage. And as much as I like co-op, having "additional content" that's purely co-op will be extremely disappointing.

Other than twice on the radio, he never appears in the game afterwards. Where did he go? He's not at the tower, when you go back to the dock later the barge is gone. Was this intentional? Brecken, Jade and her brother were such "important" characters that it warranted a feud between Brecken's "men" and Rias' yet he drops clean off the map (in a manner of speaking) and leaves a tower full of people?

He couldn't have escaped on the barge; which brings me to my next point. The barge disappearing itself is a mystery. The waters are fenced in with buoys and they supposedly sink any ship trying to leave. Where did it go? I couldn't find anything in Old Town resembling it so I don't think it went there...

Also, after Rias "relocates" to the museum, it looks like they pretty much packed up and left before letting the zombies have the base. But, in both locations after you infiltrate and chase him out, no antizin, all the containers are empty, there's nothing. When the story reaches the finale, there's no mention of future antizin drops, no mention of supply drops returning; just how is Crane and the survivors supposed to survive long enough to see the cure?

Also, I sincerely hope there's more content to be delivered. Cuisine and Cargo took me 20 minutes to breeze through (including travel time to get to them.) As much as my Japanese blood loves slicing up zombies with a Katana, I'd like to have other options with the same amount of damage. And as much as I like co-op, having "additional content" that's purely co-op will be extremely disappointing.

Regarding Brecken, it's likely as there is no more story content regarding him at this time that there is no sense in just placing his character model somewhere. The devs probably weren't expecting for someone to feel that not being able to see him would count as a plot hole. Why don't we just assume he is out doing something important and didn't feel the need to fill us in?

Re point #2 my guess would be that you either scavenge what antizen is left or... and this is the more likely of the two. You get to work on that cure ASAP. The doctor had promising results so this doesn't seem that far fetched. 

Lastly the DLC so far was one of the smaller drops. They have already stated hard mode and other freeee content will be coming out very shortly. In addition to that the arena mode will be out next month. A quick look through their social media announcements and you will see there is going to be no shortage of content. 

Like the fact you are getting so into the story tho, props. 

One "hole" in the story that I wish was left in, was in regard to Karim. I thought his character was great and I was hoping he would have lived in case he was needed in the future.

I hoped that when Crane met him at the end that Crane would just give him a medkit and wish him luck. Then you never know if Karim lived or died. This could have been used as a common thread for some DLC or even DL2.

I liked Karim and I think his character really could have been expanded upon.

One "hole" in the story that I wish was left in, was in regard to Karim. I thought his character was great and I was hoping he would have lived in case he was needed in the future.

I hoped that when Crane met him at the end that Crane would just give him a medkit and wish him luck. Then you never know if Karim lived or died. This could have been used as a common thread for some DLC or even DL2.

I liked Karim and I think his character really could have been expanded upon.

Karim the legend 2015 RIP

Some of the best one liners in the game. 

My friend thought that in the mission "broadcast" when you pick up the keycard to get to the power to turn on the massive radio tower the guy who you find dead next to the keycard was brecken and ill admit it looked like him i dont think the dead body will change for any platform ive completed the game twice and it been the same character model both times (im on xbox btw) so yeah that was totally linked to the topic but it something to check out maybe brecken is actually that dead body dun dun duuun which is highly not likely. As for the barge it prob just flew away.

Regarding Brecken, it's likely as there is no more story content regarding him at this time that there is no sense in just placing his character model somewhere. The devs probably weren't expecting for someone to feel that not being able to see him would count as a plot hole. Why don't we just assume he is out doing something important and didn't feel the need to fill us in?

Re point #2 my guess would be that you either scavenge what antizen is left or... and this is the more likely of the two. You get to work on that cure ASAP. The doctor had promising results so this doesn't seem that far fetched. 

Lastly the DLC so far was one of the smaller drops. They have already stated hard mode and other freeee content will be coming out very shortly. In addition to that the arena mode will be out next month. A quick look through their social media announcements and you will see there is going to be no shortage of content. 

Like the fact you are getting so into the story tho, props. 

I don't know if I could buy those assumptions. Frankly, it would be nice if they would build around those plot holes (or other inconsistencies) with downloadable content. They left how many other character models in place after their side quest role was completed, it would make sense that a main (unplayable) character would at least exist in some fashion.

The hallmark of good storytelling is to leave as few loose ends as possible. Granted loose ends might always exist, but you typically like those to be as irrelavent as possible.

I felt that too and wanted to discuss this matter, I mean Brecken is second important character after Crane, at least it feels like devs intended so... And as for me, I think too that him missing after Crane enters zone 0 is actuallly a plot hole, yep.

And yeah, I actually miss him a lot, I was hoping that after the game's end Crane could go to the Tower to hug Brecken in all bro style and say something like "Hey man! We did it! Can you believe it?! Because I can't!" This, this scene would make a perfect post-ending moment when the two of them would stand together on the roof looking down at the city and just for once feeling hope kinda like the craracters from "Plague" in that brief moment. 

Idk, I really, really want to see Brecken again, he's my fav after all.)

I felt that too and wanted to discuss this matter, I mean Brecken is second important character after Crane, at least it feels like devs intended so... And as for me, I think too that him missing after Crane enters zone 0 is actuallly a plot hole, yep.

And yeah, I actually miss him a lot, I was hoping that after the game's end Crane could go to the Tower to hug Brecken in all bro style and say something like "Hey man! We did it! Can you believe it?! Because I can't!" This, this scene would make a perfect post-ending moment when the two of them would stand together on the roof looking down at the city and just for once feeling hope kinda like the craracters from "Plague" in that brief moment. 

Idk, I really, really want to see Brecken again, he's my fav after all.)

Glad to see I'm not the only one asking that question. To me it's like how people always ask questions (take Resident Evil for example), "What happens to [Character X] after [game title]?" Take Berry, he was one of the few non-playable characters in Resident Evil 1. He becomes mostly irrelvant after the game ends but what happened to him? We're now fleshing out that character with Revelations 2. I personally don't want to wait decades to find out, so it'd be nice to have assoicated add-ons/future games to close these holes in the story.

not sure if anyone has noticed on old town the stadium looking thing that is fenced in/wall with a big iron door i think thats where the download content/ next part will take place.

I noticed that as well and while exploring the outer limits of the map, I found additional areas which could lead elsewhere. I'm not entirely sure if these were zones that were scrapped, future addons, or doors simply added for visual effect, but looking on into the distance, you can see a lot of add-on potential. The massive wall itself has guard towers but there doesn't seem to be anyone in them. Were they evacated for the bombing? Or is there something deeper going on outside the wall? Kind of gives off that "State of Decay" feeling towards the end of that game. Visually, Harran seems to be a much larger city then we're led to believe if you examine the skyline. I would love to see this incident spill over into the larger portions of the city.

Glad to see I'm not the only one asking that question. To me it's like how people always ask questions (take Resident Evil for example), "What happens to [Character X] after [game title]?" Take Berry, he was one of the few non-playable characters in Resident Evil 1. He becomes mostly irrelvant after the game ends but what happened to him? We're now fleshing out that character with Revelations 2. I personally don't want to wait decades to find out, so it'd be nice to have assoicated add-ons/future games to close these holes in the story.

It's also feels weird because before Crane enters Zone 0 it's obvious that he became good friends with Brecken and you nornally don't just stop comunicating with your friend and comrade without a reason. The radio comunication is allright at that time, so I really don't know how to explain why Brecken is not calling Crane any more like he did a lot in the first hal of the game. You know, for ex. when the doc is kidnapped and if you don't go after him right away and go the opposite direction Brecken would call you and start saying that "You'd better go after doctor right now.") Also remember how he was calling Crane in the beginning of the game with all this "Omg, Crane, we need the medicine, someone is turning here, omg, Crane, hurry up, Crane, do something, mate!") He's such a pathetic leader, I love him.)

Edited by Jed Parry

I noticed that as well and while exploring the outer limits of the map, I found additional areas which could lead elsewhere. I'm not entirely sure if these were zones that were scrapped, future addons, or doors simply added for visual effect, but looking on into the distance, you can see a lot of add-on potential. The massive wall itself has guard towers but there doesn't seem to be anyone in them. Were they evacated for the bombing? Or is there something deeper going on outside the wall? Kind of gives off that "State of Decay" feeling towards the end of that game. Visually, Harran seems to be a much larger city then we're led to believe if you examine the skyline. I would love to see this incident spill over into the larger portions of the city.

Make a honestly joke:"I met any played Resident Evil 1's people,then just like what the hell to play how........you also clear movie version 1 just a how big chupacabra.No.2 Movie is gettin' that how......A how strange situations happened in those years,even if played this or only since played funk's later's any human?All break off with me.Include love any funk's before any,just like first sentence that.Yeah,it's very naked and true exp in livin'."You mustn't can imagine it:Sometimes I'm thinkin' Britney Spears and you said what the REV TO whoch's popular and better.After all Britney Spears never like Paul Kellerman and Kiefer Suthertland etc just know how to kill people,and chupacabra any don't like resident evil's people."

Edited by BaikeShen

It's also feels weird because before Crane entersarrow-10x10.png Zone 0 it's obvious that he became good friends with Brecken and you nornally don't just stop comunicating with your friend and comrade without a reason. The radio comunication is allright at that time, so I really don't know how to explain why Brecken is not calling Crane any more like he did a lot in the first hal of the game. You know, for ex. when the doc is kidnapped and if you don't go after him right away and go the opposite direction Brecken would call you and start saying that "You'd better go after doctor right now.") Also remember how he was calling Crane in the beginning of the game with all this "Omg, Crane, we need the medicine, someone is turning here, omg, Crane, hurry up, Crane, do something, mate!") He's such a pathetic leader, I love him.)

This isn't a facebook friendship, i'd argue that it's quite normal to stop communicating with someone if your concern is saving the world or a city. Dropping in calls to "see howya doin bud" just doesn't sit well with me.

After you go to sector 0 you are dealing with stuff in sector 0. It would be really annoying to be doing story missions with Brecken on the radio asking you to go get him some biscuits in the slums. To maintain game fluidity it makes sense to just forget that chapter and character then move forward. Assume Brecken is talking to the girl at the new tower if it makes you happy.

So many story driven games introduce you to characters who then disappear as you move forward. If it was a TV series then for sure, stick together and if you have a radio you would keep in touch, but that doesn't make for exciting gameplay. Random "hiya" conversations would slow the pace of the game down. 

not sure if anyone has noticed on old town the stadium looking thing that is fenced in/wall with a big iron door i think thats where the download content/ next part will take place.

You can zipline over the wall into that area  ... you have to stay close to the wall. If you move too far away from the wall, the game relocates you back to the other side of the fence. I believe I remember seeing something where the 3rd DLC drop with the bozak horde will take place inside the stadium. 

Oh well I don't know what facebook friendship is. Is it that bad on that site? XD

Anyway if there is a woman who is the hero's LI (or hinted) in a game then she never stops randomly "hiyaing" him, so I assume only LI charcters can do that without slowing the pace of the game down, because, well, plot. XD

Oh well I don't know what facebook friendship is. Is it that bad on that site? XD

Anyway if there is a woman who is the hero's LI (or hinted) in a game then she never stops randomly "hiyaing" him, so I assume only LI charcters can do that without slowing the pace of the game down, because, well, plot. XD

When there is potential for nudity, chupacabra or romantic interest. You can't have enough "hiyas"... Essentially the "hiyas" become the plot and add their own form of suspense and of immersion. In otherwords, in the gaming world it's ho's before bro's. Think you hit the nail on the head with the comment tho +1 internet point.