probablykenzie

Finished All The Side Quests, No Achievments. Xbox One

I have completed all of the side quests, and I am not able to get "The Whole Story." This is really frustrating because you already released a patch -.- I also am not able to get the "Now it's Safe" achievement either :/ please fix this! Im stuck at 79% on the whole story, and on the now it's safe achievement I'm stuck at 94%

Why do people care about 'Achievements' .... There such a con.... Of course a brilliant invention... Microsoft invent something that costs them nothing, and gives the player actually nothing - but yet people want them?

It's so stupid. Microsoft laughing all the way to the bank.

Why do people care about 'Achievements' .... There such a con.... Of course a brilliant invention... Microsoft invent something that costs them nothing, and gives the player actually nothing - but yet people want them?

It's so stupid. Microsoft laughing all the way to the bank.

I've tried questioning people on their must has attitude towards achievements. Bottom line is that it's like asking a Jehovah's witness why they do what they do. The reply goes something along the lines of "Because I must!" - I have three close friends in real life that are competing for the most points. What has the world come to...

This being said i'm aiming for 100% in dying light just because I want to do everything the game has to offer... Maybe it's infectious? 

I would understand if they eventually could be converted into real microsoft points, by which I mean CASH.... Then absolutely a worth while endeavour !!!

But as it is all it does is give you a higher Gamer score ..... And I mean Cmon!!!! Seriously??? I'd be embarrassed to have a high gamer score.... I mean I live in the UK and unfortunately gaming is seen as a bit of a 'kiddies' past time (which in reality it clearly isn't!). This is not America where Nintendo is a household brand! So the consequence of this means here in the UK, a grown man playing computer games, is seen as a bit dare I say, 'SAD' ? ( so for me, It's my secret shame) lol.

So, because I don't think I will be going to work anytime soon boasting about my xbox gamer score, I suppose Achievements leave me a bit cold.

But the only time they are worth while I think is if it's something cool, like diving into that toilet bowel in Crackdown 2.... That was actually a fun challenge and subsequent Achievement!!!

Edited by Lamoi

The whole point of achievements is in the name itself. Achievements. It's to give the player something to do either after finishing the game or just to do it because it's fun during game. It's like side quest, a sonething little extra, doesn't really help but is fun. I've never personally gone all out for achievements. As for converting achievements into points or real life money would only be a waste of Xbox or whatever brand you are using to play would be a waste, the companies would be loosing money. And most players I knows who are "achievement hunters" do it for fun no score, especially since most of my friends use steam.

Edited by SlammedSloth

People that say they don't get achievements or trophies are nearly always players, who do not posess the skill to get them. It's a little of the green eye monster coming out...

You wouldn't believe how often you see people say these very lines. The same people that don't even complete half the games they start.

I'm an adult and live in UK. I full zero embrassment about achieving trophies.

It is just another part of gaming culture and it does put your skill in certain games to the test.

There is nothing to understand. To a lot of gamers, it is important for yourself and no other reason.

Before achievements, people still used to hunt down every hidden area or item in a game without anything to show for it, it's just human nature. If I'm going to be obsessive about useless collectible chupacabra in a game, I might as well get some achievements out of it. Also, before achievements everybody used to boast about how they beat Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 or (Insert whatever game name here) solo, and on the hardest difficulty setting. Most of the time there was no way to call them on it, but now you can just look up their achievements and see if they're full of chupacabra or not.

Anyway, that's how I look at achievements.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ

idc about 100% a game with achievements as they arent that important i want to play a game how ever i want achievements often require playing in a different way all together (like mp in games i dont want to play mp for an example)