Sign in to follow this  
dalegt4

Genuinely Terrifying First Night, Anyone Else Nearly Cack Themselves Haha

Well my disc copy arrives and what can I say start it off.

Firstly the game loaded, superb...

Then it crashed the dreaded buffer error so that was a downer, so I lowered the overclock and restarted and away we went.

Playing the game was great, watched loads of videos over the last month thinking "what a load of fairies" as people screamed at being chased..... how wrong was I, the first game that I have been terrified to stop running. Haha

Awesome game, however I would like the buffer thing fixed, I personally like to run my Gpu with a 180mhz clock increase and a 500mhz memory increase which gives significant gains so it's a shame to not be able to at the moment.

However it's running 50-60fps anyway so personally it runs great.

Then it crashed the dreaded buffer error so that was a downer, so I lowered the overclock and restarted and away we went.

Playing the game was great, watched loads of videos over the last month thinking "what a load of fairies" as people screamed at being chased..... how wrong was I, the first game that I have been terrified to stop running. Haha

LOL  :lol:

Yeah,I remember the first time being chased by volatiles.

I was like..f uck, f uck, f uck..shiiiiitttt...where the f uck am I going?....hahaha

Happy gaming dude.

LOL  :lol:

Yeah,I remember the first time being chased by volatiles.

I was like..f uck, f uck, f uck..shiiiiitttt...where the f uck am I going?....hahaha

Happy gaming dude.

Haha, I was pretty much the same, and the noise they make.... it is like.... RUUUUUUNNNN! haha

Fantastic game, the sense of atmosphere is fantastic, very well done indeed and makes games like the evil within look like a sissy game

Those first hours are awesome indeed. In the beginning levels, this is one of the best games I've played.

Serious advise though, take your time leveling up! There is an issue with weapons at higher levels, but if you take your time, it may be fixed before you get to that point.

I'm waiting for that fix to play this again, either that or I may delete my file and start all over to re-experience those first low levels.

Have fun, and like I said take your time leveling, trust me.

yes, I'm at 15%, about 20 hours (i take my time and explore a lot, I'm not in a rush). I still don't go out at night from PTSD from trying to when I started playing.

when it starts getting dark those minutes running to a safe house actually throw me into a mini-anxiety attack.

only game that has elevated my heart rate to where I felt stressed and anxious was Last of Us. I got a little numb to that. But in this game I get scared as he77. I think it being first person has a lot to do with it with no peripheral vision or every zombie showing on minimap.

Yeah, if the VR headsets would finally get released, this game would be epic. If you haven't seen it, there is a vid on YouTube of a guy playing this in VR.

He actually was getting motion sick a few times from the parkour. If you get mild panic now, imagine night in VR hehe.

I don't think I could cope with that, haha

My first though is always.. " where is the nearest water source or safe house" easy route out. haha

That and I hate heights, if I could see us falling I think it would make me feel sick too!

Edited by dalegt4

Should check the vid though, it's cool. This game would be perfect to team up with the occulus rift for marketing (should look into that Techland).

I play on the xbone though, so I have to wait for the M$ headset (although I do know it is already in development).

Happy zed killin mate.

yes, I'm at 15%, about 20 hours (i take my time and explore a lot, I'm not in a rush). I still don't go out at night from PTSD from trying to when I started playing.

when it starts getting dark those minutes running to a safe house actually throw me into a mini-anxiety attack.

only game that has elevated my heart rate to where I felt stressed and anxious was Last of Us. I got a little numb to that. But in this game I get scared as he77. I think it being first person has a lot to do with it with no peripheral vision or every zombie showing on minimap.

Yes best way to describe , PTSD after playing at night the first time.ade me twitchy and jumpy lmfao 😈