Pete Donnelly

Upcoming Patch

You see what kind of environment pre patch has fostered? Now people think they're entitled to hunt/kill the night hunter as if it were their birth right. This is wrong and I'm glad we're taking steps towards the right direction and making this game mode what it really should be. My only concern is now that the skill ceiling for survivors has been drastically risen all these kids will turn invasions off and I'll have no one to hunt. This mode really should have been a stand alone from the main campaign so at least people can't chicken out at the last second and ruin the fun for everyone.

I wouldn't say the skill ceiling has risen DRASTICALLY. But yes, hopefully people don't quit playing just because they can't one shot hunters anymore.

Also agree 100% that this mode should be standalone. It should definitely be lobby based so you can wait for full 4v1 games before you start.

You see what kind of environment pre patch has fostered? Now people think they're entitled to hunt/kill the night hunter as if it were their birth right. This is wrong and I'm glad we're taking steps towards the right direction and making this game mode what it really should be. My only concern is now that the skill ceiling for survivors has been drastically risen all these kids will turn invasions off and I'll have no one to hunt. This mode really should have been a stand alone from the main campaign so at least people can't chicken out at the last second and ruin the fun for everyone.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Had a great match tonight, until the guy quit on me. The Human was actually distracted by a Zombie at the Nest. While he was fighting it, I got behind him, Pounced, and... he left!

Peeps just need to get more used not being able to OHKO everything.

EDIT: Death from Above was definitely fixed. Had a guy try hopping over me multiple times, nothing happened.

He did get me off a train, but... that was a good kill.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

dude, calm down u will crying, i gave my opinion and if ur not agree its your right, but u are stupid because i talked about the zombi gameplay / experiment not ur survivor experiment so u are out of subject.

for a lot of guys the feedback are the same : a very good survivor's player can't be kill by the zombi as good as the zombi is  and if they are 4 u just like a ball in a foot game

dude, calm down u will crying, i gave my opinion and if ur not agree its your right, but u are stupid because i talked about the zombi gameplay / experiment not ur survivor experiment so u are out of subject.

for a lot of guys the feedback are the same : a very good survivor's player can't be kill by the zombi as good as the zombi is  and if they are 4 u just like a ball in a foot game

I'm gonna jump in here and say that, language aside, this simply isn't true. Your abilities regenerate so quickly in 1 Vs. 4 that you almost always have a way to turn engagements in your favor. It's a difficult mode, sure, but no smart Night Hunter is an easy challenge in 1 Vs. 4.

I'll be uploading a hectic 1 Vs. 4 match to my YouTube and the forums tonight, feel free to check it out. As I've noted many times before here, Horde Spit is the #1 way to even the odds in 1 Vs. 3+ BtZ. You're never alone as long as you have that ability.

I'm gonna jump in here and say that, language aside, this simply isn't true. Your abilities regenerate so quickly in 1 Vs. 4 that you almost always have a way to turn engagements in your favor. It's a difficult mode, sure, but no smart Night Hunter is an easy challenge in 1 Vs. 4.

I'll be uploading a hectic 1 Vs. 4 match to my YouTube and the forums tonight, feel free to check it out. As I've noted many times before here, Horde Spit is the #1 way to even the odds in 1 Vs. 3+ BtZ. You're never alone as long as you have that ability.

Can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am. Nothing but 1v1s against noobs on xbone right now...

Take the flashlights. Give me a forcefield. Slow down the survivors too, maybe make them have broken legs. I want more area of affect too. Can my hord ride in on tomahawk missiles? Could you make my ground pound maybe like a tactical nuke. And no more drop kicks, our survivors need to morbidly obese or dependent on a hovaround. Yep that should do it. Will not have a problem getting in a public game now. Already like 5 to 1 available game to hunter now.

Take the flashlights. Give me a forcefield. Slow down the survivors too, maybe make them have broken legs. I want more area of affect too. Can my hord ride in on tomahawk missiles? Could you make my ground pound maybe like a tactical nuke. And no more drop kicks, our survivors need to morbidly obese or dependent on a hovaround. Yep that should do it. Will not have a problem getting in a public game now. Already like 5 to 1 available game to hunter now.

well i guess you're one of those survivor without a brain ... too bad for you ...

i have to agree with doctor game of 1v3+ are quite balanced because of the cd of each skill reaaaaaaaaally low which is essential to survive you know but well on 1v2 or less ... it's kinda bothersome to have to pray for each of your engagement x) because you have to wait until all of your skill are up at least the uv shield. and the horde spite in those game are kinda ... useless 

and a few thing i love is the way to trow any human in a spike trap ... even if ANYTHING can block a survivor ... even a chair T.T... when it's not the height the problem x)

ho and last thing great you've fixed the falling damage from a tackle nice ... can you do it for the ground pound too plz (doesnt seems to work either ... well when the survivor dont switch to the hook during the fall ...)

love you techland

Edited by ormalash

UV range and night sense cooldown is definitely on our radar as something we can potentially use to balance the game if the need arises. With the patch they will be exposed to our server so that we will be able to adjust them on the fly in the future without going through a full patching process. However we want to see the result of the combat balancing first before we adjust any other factors in the game. We acquire data on every match played and we will be examining the results of this patch before making further changes. Asymmetric gameplay is a new and challenging area to balance especially when you add in all the open world tools that the humans have at their disposal. Thank you everyone for your suggestions on this forum. I'm glad to see people interested in the Be The Zombie game mode and its future.

Bump

Hi,

first of all, Techland i LOVE ur games.

second: I´d like to see that the pounce can´t be interrupted any more when the Human is in the effect of groundpound or tackle

This would be a bit much, as it would make any Ground Pound have the effect of UV Spit Smash, making the Smash useless.

The "issue" is Humans being to react mid-animation after being hit with Ground Pound/Tackle, such as using a Med Kit to heal off the damage you're causing at the moment, or throwing a Flare when you've only just used your UV Block/Ground Pound combo to take out the one he was in already.

I don't think they shouldn't be able to react if you, say, Pounce - the usual time limit to react would activate, and they could UV Light you appropriately. But to be able to heal while he's flying through the air seems a bit much.

Ok I've collated a more detailed list of changes that I could find that are going into the patch. These aren't the official patch notes but then again the official patch notes don't have as much details on the BTZ changes! The areas we focused on for this patch was to improve matchmaking, fix exploits, and balance out the combat.

[.....]

- Fixed rare issue where the Hunter sometimes spawns inside safe zones (Ouch!)

nice try xD

not only that need to get the cheaters outta invasion mod need to have a default setting that turns off multiplayer forces it off if it detects mods and lets them only play co op and yes no other can preach it look at the forums themself if you really have to ask what needs to be patch that cheat kids as bad as the techland devs they dont read anything -_-