Pete Donnelly

Upcoming Patch

Ok I've collated a more detailed list of changes that I could find that are going into the patch. These aren't the official patch notes but then again the official patch notes don't have as much details on the BTZ changes! The areas we focused on for this patch was to improve matchmaking, fix exploits, and balance out the combat. 

General
- Fix a case where the hunter death is reported to humans but he didn't actually die.
- Fix camera spinning that sometimes happens at the end of the BTZ match.
- Fix invasions happening during GRE phone calls.
- Rank titles are now shown for both Hunters and Humans. There are all 11 ranks in all. Winning 'enough' matches can increase your rank and losing 'enough' matches can cause a player to rank down.

Humans
- Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Hunter (no more 1 hit kills against the Hunter)
- Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs BTZ Zombies (no more 1 hit kills on every zombie defending the Nests)
- Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Nests (no more 1 hit kills against Nests)
- Reduced elemental damage against Nests. For instance a single molotov cocktail can no longer kill a Nest Volatile.

- Nests play hit reactions when being dealt elemental damage.
- Elemental damage against Nests will enrage nearby AI similar to the rest of the attacks a human can do.
- Added a cooldown for throwing flares to reduce flare spamming.
- Added a timeout for players staying in water too long (similar to safe zones)
- Increased the height required for drop attack to successfully connect against Hunter. With this change it will no longer be possible to do a drop attack from a tackle evade.
- Fixed issue with Humans not receiving proper fall damage from Hunters Tackle
- Humans now get a chance to win higher quality weapons based on successfully killing hives during BTZ whether they win a match or not.
- Amount of XP awarded for winning a BTZ mission is scaled based on survivor rank
- Rather than having a set time between invasions humans can now choose how many nights to wait before being allowed to be invaded again. Humans can still set the frequency to 'Anytime' as before which will allow invasions to happen as soon as possible.
- The popup at the beginning of the BTZ mission is now a video that describes the mode in more detail for new players.

Night Hunter

- Improvements for BTZ matchmaking
- Added grenade notification for incoming air strike attacks. Note that air strike flares are affected by flare cooldown as well.
- Removed UV block cancel of missed Ground Pound recovery (consoles)
- Fixed Infinite Spit exploit (consoles)
- Fixed angles that determine which pounce animation to play to reduce the instances where the hunter clips through geometry during pounces.
- Fixed rare issue where the Hunter sometimes spawns inside safe zones (Ouch!)

Nice, I like it. More incentive to play and the ability to set frequency of invasions are great addition. A little sad that not much is being done about the start up for a drop kick but excellent list nonetheless.

Ok I've collated a more detailed list of changes that I could find that are going into the patch. These aren't the official patch notes but then again the official patch notes don't have as much details on the BTZ changes! The areas we focused on for this patch was to improve matchmaking, fix exploits, and balance out the combat.

General

- Fix a case where the hunter death is reported to humans but he didn't actually die.

- Fix camera spinning that sometimes happens at the end of the BTZ match.

- Fix invasions happening during GRE phone calls.

- Rank titles are now shown for both Hunters and Humans. There are all 11 ranks in all. Winning 'enough' matches can increase your rank and losing 'enough' matches can cause a player to rank down.

Humans

- Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Hunter (no more 1 hit kills against the Hunter)

- Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs BTZ Zombies (no more 1 hit kills on every zombie defending the Nests)

- Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Nests (no more 1 hit kills against Nests)

- Reduced elemental damage against Nests. For instance a single molotov cocktail can no longer kill a Nest Volatile.

- Nests play hit reactions when being dealt elemental damage.

- Elemental damage against Nests will enrage nearby AI similar to the rest of the attacks a human can do.

- Added a cooldown for throwing flares to reduce flare spamming.

- Added a timeout for players staying in water too long (similar to safe zones)

- Increased the height required for drop attack to successfully connect against Hunter. With this change it will no longer be possible to do a drop attack from a tackle evade.

- Fixed issue with Humans not receiving proper fall damage from Hunters Tackle

- Humans now get a chance to win higher quality weapons based on successfully killing hives during BTZ whether they win a match or not.

- Amount of XP awarded for winning a BTZ mission is scaled based on survivor rank

- Rather than having a set time between invasions humans can now choose how many nights to wait before being allowed to be invaded again. Humans can still set the frequency to 'Anytime' as before which will allow invasions to happen as soon as possible.

- The popup at the beginning of the BTZ mission is now a video that describes the mode in more detail for new players.

Night Hunter

- Improvements for BTZ matchmaking

- Added grenade notification for incoming air strike attacks. Note that air strike flares are affected by flare cooldown as well.

- Removed UV block cancel of missed Ground Pound recovery (consoles)

- Fixed Infinite Spit exploit (consoles)

- Fixed angles that determine which pounce animation to play to reduce the instances where the hunter clips through geometry during pounces.

- Fixed rare issue where the Hunter sometimes spawns inside safe zones (Ouch!)

What about hunter ability cool downs.for example my UV block only lasts for a second and takes nearly 5 minutes to regenerate. By the time that's back the game is already over (if I manage to stay alive more the a minute)

My options basically consist of try and defend and just get killed because I can't get anywhere near a survivor due to the op survival sense and the extreme range of the UV light. Or just sit back and watch the Nests die while I wait for the useless abilities to regenerate....

What about hunter ability cool downs.for example my UV block only lasts for a second and takes nearly 5 minutes to regenerate. By the time that's back the game is already over (if I manage to stay alive more the a minute)

My options basically consist of try and defend and just get killed because I can't get anywhere near a survivor due to the op survival sense and the extreme range of the UV light. Or just sit back and watch the Nests die while I wait for the useless abilities to regenerate....

At what level is your Night Hunter? There's a skill you can earn later on that increases the duration of your UV Block. Lasts quite a bit longer than that.

If you're interested in entering engagements with abilities more often, stalling out your initial engagement when the match starts (i.e., not rushing straight to the Humans to engage) can help buy time for your second level of Spits to begin filling up. That way, when you use your first tier, the second is already near complete finishing.

At what level is your Night Hunter? There's a skill you can earn later on that increases the duration of your UV Block. Lasts quite a bit longer than that.

If you're interested in entering engagements with abilities more often, stalling out your initial engagement when the match starts (i.e., not rushing straight to the Humans to engage) can help buy time for your second level of Spits to begin filling up. That way, when you use your first tier, the second is already near complete finishing.

Hunter is lvl 2. Anything I try results in getting disabled by the light and killed

Jcks this could be Eliminated with the Introduction of a Time Limit.

Also by making it so You can not Initiate DFA from such Height.

Pete Donnelly and George Tatoulis please consider this.

But sadly as it stands, even after the March 10th Update this will still happen. Because there is no Time Limit.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

I can't wait til this is over.

i win these matchs simply by turning a movie on

and when they jump off the edge you should use your tendils to move out of the way free death

also horde spit as he is dropping on you is another way to get a kill

but yeah that is something needing fix like add in fall damage for them with dfa if its to far 

i win these matchs simply by turning a movie on

and when they jump off the edge you should use your tendils to move out of the way free death

also horde spit as he is dropping on you is another way to get a kill

but yeah that is something needing fix like add in fall damage for them with dfa if its to far 

I thought I could do that too but the magnetism is ridiculous. They can basically just kill me from anywhere if I was on the same side as them.

Also they would grapple hook immediately after killing preventing the horde from reaching them.

mement they jump off the edge you should have enough time to quickly grapple down a bit and as your heading down grapple away i think if they enter the fall animation (death one) the dfa cant be used (just speculation there )

George

I have another Idea to help "Balance "Be The Zombie".

By Imposing a limit to Medipack use.

I think 10 Medipack uses per Player would be Fair.  And  would encourage a bit more Caution when confronting the Night Hunter and also Damage from other Sources

• Zombies.
  • Fall Damage.
  • Environmental Hazards.
  • The Night Hunter.  
  • Explosive Friendly Fire.

I'm just surprised people actually do this. Use these exploits to win over the Hunter. Where's the fun in that? People should play so that both parties can enjoy it. If they want to demonstrate their (lack of) strength, they should lift weights, not bully players.

I think the worst part for me in that whole video starts at the 6:20 mark. Having one guy down, the other guy still manages to magnetize on you, kill you, and proceed to revive his buddy. I screamed "No, No!" repeatedly, while feeling my stomach turn on that one.

Patience is paramount for situations like that.  One thing I have learned is if there are 3 or more people camping atop the tower, one of them will eventually crack and clamber on down if you patiently wait. Exceptions are few and far between. Almost always 1 will climb down after a certain amount of time.  I typically never attempt to tendril up there if there are more then 1 person atop, seeings as 2 or more people can cover the area pretty well. Luckily, you had yours in the end.

I know that flare spam will no longer be an issue with the upcoming patch but is there going to be anything else done to prevent the use of duped items like potions and medkits? Because this just doesn't seem fair:

Camouflage and cloak potions render the horde useless as they will stop chasing survivors the second they use it.

Edited by jcks

your horde spit to make them camo means they cant flashlight you while they swap to it which opens them up to a pounce,and keep in mind if you uv spit them you can tell where a camoed person is(from my experience) 

personally i just think most items should have a cd (all throwables excluding throwing stars) or a maximum use for medkits of 10(1 per life), potions (cloak 1 , night hunter booster 3 and speed booster 5 no limit to night vision though or dahlia potions that mess with a characters movement) 

i also think camo should have a big negative effect if used and thats your minimap disapeers so you cant track anything at all

I think Camo's all right - it's not terribly debilitating for the Hunter, just advantageous for the Human.

However, I absolutely agree on the duped inventory issue. Putting a cooldown on Flares should be a great way to fend off spam, even if the person does have 800,000+ (not even an exaggeration) in his inventory. However, it doesn't prevent Night Hunter Potions from being used every single life. I've seen more videos with Humans touting "99" potions than I'd wish to count.

Considering the process for actually being awarded the ingredient necessary to make one, it's far-fetched that you could face a group using 8-10 per match. I think set cooldowns for various, abused items would complement the solution put into place with the Flares.

Duping is rampant, and it genuinely sucks that Humans think it's somehow acceptable to bring any kind of duped inventory into an online match, but it's understandably difficult to solve in an online game that allows trading. I certainly don't have a solution, nor the development experience to implement one. All we can do is put our faith in the Devs.

This mode is so fun to play when you're not facing people running in a straight line and tossing Airstrikes on the floor. They basically fit the entire game of Evolve into a side-mode. If those select few cheaters had even a shred of integrity, it would be perfect.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by DoctorPurrington

Firearms are cheap. They have no consequences in this mode and counter all of the night hunters melee options.

I wouldn't say that. I've only ever been killed by guns when I stupidly charge in to battle without UV Block.

It's hard as hell to shoot a hunter when he's zipping around with his tendrils.

Just hoping to see this flare spamming decreased more it seems more and more people are doing it. Thanks to you guys there is going to be a better flare blocker in a sense. I do enjoy the game and want to experience both sides. I was wondering if there is going to be a possible update for the Night Hunter to where it becomes some a bit stronger. Maybe a mutation when it hits max level and certain requirements are met.

Those aren't the times I'm talking about though. I mean like when you are close up after getting your energy drained and charge a ground pound to keep them from approaching. At that point they can switch to a gun and shoot you outside the ground pound range while still keeping the uv on you. The hunter is an easier target hit when he has no energy.

Also there's the example above where you can easily take out a volatile spawn without being anywhere near it.

So my main point is guns trump ground pound range and can easily dispatch a weakened hunter or volatile spawn without any dire consequences (like attracting virals in story mode).

I think Camo's all right - it's not terribly debilitating for the Hunter, just advantageous for the Human.

However, I absolutely agree on the duped inventory issue. Putting a cooldown on Flares should be a great way to fend off spam, even if the person does have 800,000+ (not even an exaggeration) in his inventory. However, it doesn't prevent Night Hunter Potions from being used every single life. I've seen more videos with Humans touting "99" potions than I'd wish to count.

Considering the process for actually being awarded the ingredient necessary to make one, it's far-fetched that you could face a group using 8-10 per match. I think set cooldowns for various, abused items would complement the solution put into place with the Flares.

Duping is rampant, and it genuinely sucks that Humans think it's somehow acceptable to bring any kind of duped inventory into an online match, but it's understandably difficult to solve in an online game that allows trading. I certainly don't have a solution, nor the development experience to implement one. All we can do is put our faith in the Devs.

This mode is so fun to play when you're not facing people running in a straight line and tossing Airstrikes on the floor. They basically fit the entire game of Evolve into a side-mode. If those select few cheaters had even a shred of integrity, it would be perfect.

EDIT: Grammar

I do agree with you for the duping. It is getting out of hand. I literally stopped playing BTZ because of this. It was all they did for the flares and Air Strikes.

I do agree with you for the duping. It is getting out of hand. I literally stopped playing BTZ because of this. It was all they did for the flares and Air Strikes.

Yea, it can get a little annoying to play them over and over. They seem to come out at night.

(I'll just drop this here) :ph34r: