Pete Donnelly

Upcoming Patch

"Be The Zombie" undoubtedly has Balance and Tuning Issues. But issues of this magnitude were Impossible to know by Techland Dev Team during Development.

But Techland have only just began Patching "Be The Zombie" and so further Patches will come after they have monitored the Analytics of Future Matches.

I guess a Methodical Approach is smart because the Upcoming Patch could have unforseen side effects.

I look forward to Be The Zombies Future.

point is my hunter is lvl 3, I have 2 perks unlocked and im disabled by the uv light at a range that is impossible to cover with any type of movement i have available to me by even new runners. Add to that the fact that they know where im at at 4 or 5 times the range of pounce, unless the runner is a complete dunce you cant get anywhere near them. i was involved in a game last night where the runner stood on top of a building and just flashed me with the uv light from i estimate 3 city blocks in game and if i got to close he would throw a flare in my direction and flash me with the light periodically and run me down and kill me. i had no defence of any kind nor could i outrun him once he got the light on me.

just made a flare spammer rage quit after i killed him 8 times before getting to the nest and he was broadcasting live (level 5 at the time)\

i just looked at the guys twitch and he is vs another hunter still flare spamming wow he is bad

Edited by darkwolfcub

A few things that I've had are mostly getting fixed, but to me there's still one glaring problem: When your energy is drained, you can't sprint anymore. This seems minor compared to some other issues, but when my energy is drained, I should still be able to sprint away. More often than not, If I don't have the luxury of the UV block, most runners will chase me down and kill me, especially the experienced runners. I also have a few suggestions: 1. More regular zombies: I rarely see any zombies in BtZ mode, so I was thinking that zombies should spawn like they do in the campaign mode, this would especially help out inexperienced hunters, while presenting a bigger challenge for veterans. 2: More playable zombies: As mentioned earlier in this thread, there should be more playable zombies. There would have to be different game modes, but it could work. For example, A playable Demolisher could fight in Rais' arena against five humans. One human would start against the Demolisher with a new human being added every sixty seconds, up to four. The Demolisher could have abilities from the basic one in the campaign, and a few new ones. For example of an new ability, the Demolisher could get a shield that deflects gunfire and incoming projectiles for up to five seconds, or until it breaks; and each upgrade into that ability could increase the time the shield is used and increase the shield's durability. A old ability that could be modified is the Demolisher's charge. The ability could be start with its basic form, if the Demolisher misses his charge, then he has to be dazed for awhile, an upgrade into that ability could then make the Demolisher able to move, but more slowly and disoriented. Anyways, sorry for the long post, keep up the good work.

just made a flare spammer rage quit after i killed him 8 times before getting to the nest and he was broadcasting live (level 5 at the time)\

i just looked at the guys twitch and he is vs another hunter still flare spamming wow he is bad

Fantastic. However as mentioned before I have never been able to get used to being the zombie. You have one that's leveled up. Point is new players that don't have any experience or perks have little chance at getting perks or positive experience.

I agree with ppl who say that it`s zero patch in case of fighting very experienced human players. Easy and even matches will become easier but the hardest will not change. Eventually they take longer to defeat you.

Humans

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Hunter (no more 1 hit kills against the Hunter)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Nests (no more 1 hit kills against Nests)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs BTZ Zombies (no more 1 hit kills on every zombie defending the Nests)

Above changes will only buy you more time

-Added a cooldown for throwing flares (no more flare spamming)

Many experienced guys can do very good without them

-Added a timeout for players staying in water too long (similar to safe zones)

Cool. Small annoying issue

-Increased the height required for drop attack to successfully connect against Hunter

They will kill you less often with this attack

-Fixed issue with Humans not receiving proper fall damage from Hunters Tackle

Cool if you manage to tackle them.

Human versus Hunter

Survivor has a huge arsenal of weapons and tactics that actually work

Hunter must use very advanced techniques and combos to get on the top (add luck factor).  All his attacks can be avoided. Only guaranteed kill is very expensive UV-spit slam (IF target`s buddy don`t UV you at the last moment)

Edited by MORD

I agree with ppl who say that it`s zero patch in case of fighting very experienced human players. Easy and even matches will become easier but the hardest will not change. Eventually they take longer to defeat you.

Humans

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Hunter (no more 1 hit kills against the Hunter)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Nests (no more 1 hit kills against Nests)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs BTZ Zombies (no more 1 hit kills on every zombie defending the Nests)

-Increased the height required for drop attack to successfully connect against Hunter

Human versus Hunter

Hunter must use very advanced techniques and combos to get on the top (add luck factor). All his attacks can be avoided. Only guaranteed kill is very expensive UV-spit slam (IF target`s buddy don`t UV you at the last moment)

I agree 100%

The issues they are trying to solve are relevant but unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Unless you have a leveled up hunter and knowledge of the advanced tactics required new players are doomed to be destroyed and watch from a distance as they constantly loose and gain no experience of any kind while the survivors gain more and more exp

Humans

Human versus Hunter

Hunter must use very advanced techniques and combos to get on the top (add luck factor). All his attacks can be avoided. Only guaranteed kill is very expensive UV-spit slam (IF target`s buddy don`t UV you at the last moment)

I agree 100%

The issues they are trying to solve are relevant but unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Unless you have a leveled up hunter and knowledge of the advanced tactics required new players are doomed to be destroyed and watch from a distance as they constantly loose and gain no experience of any kind while the survivors gain more and more exp

Why would I play left 4 dead 2 when this game is clearly much better than it? Left 4 Dead 2 has nothing but trolls and spammers who will kick you for being in another room or kick you for being new to the game, where as in this game you can just join friends (without having to get hamachi). Just because the demolisher has more health doesn't mean he can't be added, considering how slow he is it would be pretty balanced, he could be included into a game mode where you must deliver packages or obtain air drops, where he will serve as a constant obstruction. If Tech land chose they could make the demolisher completely different it doesn't really matter, they have the power to do whatever they want, it's their game.

Edited by dcolby

Humans

Human versus Hunter

Hunter must use very advanced techniques and combos to get on the top (add luck factor).  All his attacks can be avoided. Only guaranteed kill is very expensive UV-spit slam (IF target`s buddy don`t UV you at the last moment)

Actually I can't agree with the upcoming patch being a 'zero' patch. For low level Hunters, I agree that the new additions -along with the subsequent elimination of a few things- will likely just hinder a survivors eventual path to victory. I think this will hold true also in matches involving 1 v 1 and 2 v 1 (no matter the skill of hunters) because CD's are still very poor for a Hunter in those engagements. BUT, what I find very, very curious is the cool down of flares.

How long will the cool down be? What happens if I go in, UV block, spit near my opponent, pounce in order to halt his dodge (he shines his light to then interrupt) but then he gets hit with a UV block? He manages to throw down a flare, but will the CD take too long, so as to warrant a Hunter to patiently wait for his energy to return and pounce? Can I simply ground pound the flare to extinguish and wait to pounce seeing as there is no risk of an immediate flare because of the CD? If the CD's for a flare take too long, I see the Hunters getting away with very easy kills by just waiting for 1 UV shield and 1 UV spit to be fully charged.

Edited by Huckster

Actually I can't agree with the upcoming patch being a 'zero' patch. For low level Hunters, I agree that the new additions -along with the subsequent elimination of a few things- will likely just hinder a survivors eventual path to victory. I think this will hold true also in matches involving 1 v 1 and 2 v 1 (no matter the skill of hunters) because CD's are still very poor for a Hunter in those engagements. BUT, what I find very, very curious is the cool down of flares.

How long will the cool down be? What happens if I go in, UV block, spit near my opponent, pounce in order to halt his dodge (he shines his light to then interrupt) but then he gets hit with a UV block? He manages to throw down a flare, but will the CD take too long, so as to warrant a Hunter to patiently wait for his energy to return and pounce? Can I simply ground pound the flare to extinguish and wait to pounce seeing as there is no risk of an immediate flare because of the CD? If the CD's for a flare take too long, I see the Hunters getting away with very easy kills by just waiting for 1 UV shield and 1 UV spit to be fully charged.

i hope the cd is 10 secs but keep in mind thats not all the changes for btz thats just the most important ones as 1hk flare spam and water are some of the biggest complaints uv range and survivor sense spam is the next biggest 

and tbh if you hit a survivor with uv spit they deserve the death you will dish

also tbh a low level skilled hunter can kill high level survivors it just takes patience and knowing what skills to take in what order on my second zombie i save upgrades to spits for last

uv spit uv block ground pound tree pounce tree movement tree spit tree uv blocker tree thats the order i did it and worked well i killed flare spammers at level 4 as i knew what worked and even a 2 second uv blocker was enough to kill them 

i hope the cd is 10 secs but keep in mind thats not all the changes for btz thats just the most important ones as 1hk flare spam and water are some of the biggest complaints uv range and survivor sense spam is the next biggest 

and tbh if you hit a survivor with uv spit they deserve the death you will dish

also tbh a low level skilled hunter can kill high level survivors it just takes patience and knowing what skills to take in what order on my second zombie i save upgrades to spits for last

uv spit uv block ground pound tree pounce tree movement tree spit tree uv blocker tree thats the order i did it and worked well i killed flare spammers at level 4 as i knew what worked and even a 2 second uv blocker was enough to kill them 

Yup, I do look forward to a water timer being added along with the elimination of OHK. Though I tended to not have many encounters with people who carried OHK weapons or go AFK in water, I do find it comforting that these nuisances will be dealt with.

I actually admit I will miss the flare spammers. It was my only reason for busting out spit spam whenever players abused flares heavily. Always made the game entertaining for me personally, to just launch 1 horde spit after another in a game of 4 v 1 and watch them scatter like flies.

Getting kills in a 1v1 situation shouldn't be difficult for the hunter. In the current games meta humans can destroy nests in under 15 seconds, why then does it take me over 2 minutes to have a confrontation with one survivor? At that rate there's no way I can protect my nest AND score kills at the same time. This game mode needs to scale appropriately with the addition of multiple survivors. Right now it's balanced for 1v1 but throw in even just one more survivor and you disrupt that balance greatly.

It's only fair that the hunter be able to quickly get kills seeing as he has to do two jobs while survivors only have one.

Edited by jcks

If You get tagged with a UV spit, You Deserve to Die.

Also the Hunter SHOULD NOT be able to be interrupted once His Tentacles have started wrapping around Crane. Even 1 VS 1 I have been UV countered when I have already began the KILL ANIMATION.

Right now it's balanced for 1v1 but throw in even just one more survivor and you disrupt that balance greatly.

It's only fair that the hunter be able to quickly get kills seeing as he has to do two jobs while survivors only have one.

I feel actually the exact opposite is true. 1 v 1 Is perhaps the most unbalanced confrontation right now for a Hunter because of the Cool down for Hunters spits and UV shields. I specifically look for 3 v 1 or 4 v 1 because the cool down for my specials are much faster. If I manage to create separation in a group, it's basically 1 v 1, now only with my CD's being a lot faster and my specials ready for use. This causes me to be much more liberal with my spits and shields because I realize they will recharge at a much quicker pace then say in 1 v 1 or in even 2 v 1. At this point in time, I basically play  1 v 1 for practice because the chances of keeping up with a survivor who goes straight for the nests are not favorable for a hunter.

If You get tagged with a UV spit, You Deserve to Die.

Also the Hunter SHOULD NOT be able to be interrupted once His Tentacles have started wrapping around Crane. Even 1 VS 1 I have been UV countered when I have already began the KILL ANIMATION.

I would like to see this get implemented as well, if they choose to not fiddle around with the Survivors UV light.

Also, I wouldn't say a Survivor who gets tagged by a UV spit deserves to die. It's pretty easy to tag a Survivor with a UV shield, Spit, pounce, pounce cancelled, spit sticks combo. I've played against many exceptional players. Most can not avoid it. The problem for a hunter is following up on the tag. Usually they toss mass flare and just wait to have their UV block removed. With the upcoming patch, I can see Hunters, including myself abusing this technique if the CD's for flares last too long.

I feel actually the exact opposite is true. 1 v 1 Is perhaps the most unbalanced confrontation right now for a Hunter because of the Cool down for Hunters spits and UV shields. I specifically look for 3 v 1 or 4 v 1 because the cool down for my specials are much faster. If I manage to create separation in a group, it's basically 1 v 1, now only with my CD's being a lot faster and my specials ready for use. This causes me to be much more liberal with my spits and shields because I realize they will recharge at a much quicker pace then say in 1 v 1 or in even 2 v 1. At this point in time, I basically play  1 v 1 for practice because the chances of keeping up with a survivor who goes straight for the nests are not favorable for a hunter.

When did that start happening? My spit cooldowns have always been the same regardless of how many players I was against.

Nothing in this game mode scales up with the number players and that's the number contributing factor to the balance issues. This mode was built to be played either solo or with 3 other players. Unlike Evolve where teamwork is absolutely essential you can do everything on your own without having to rely on your teammates. In order to compensate for the people who play alone the game was balanced to give them the tools to counter everything the night hunter does. The unfortunate side effect of this is when you multiple that by four the balance weighs heavily in favor of the survivors. The solution for this is to scale the night hunter's abilities with the number of players, give him insane buffs that would make it difficult to take him on alone. When there are 2 or more players there's just no emphasis on teamwork because one person can do everything. The only time you work as a team is when you save your buddy from being pounced but that's such a rare occurrence it's hardly relevant.

You are wrong. With 4 players I feel like I`ve got a spit glitch or something. Seriously CD with 4 players is spot on. You always have something to use either spits or shield. It`s terrible with 1 player - it takes ages, a bit faster with 2 players but also too slow.

From 3 to 4 players its just ok. Probably that`s why I win the most of 3-4 players matches and I always prefer them over 1v1

Edited by MORD

You are wrong. With 4 players I feel like I`ve got a spit glitch or something. Seriously CD with 4 players is spot on. You always have something to use either spits or shield. It`s terrible with 1 player - it takes ages, a bit faster with 2 players but also too slow.

From 3 to 4 players its just ok. Probably that`s why I win the most of 3-4 players matches and I always prefer them over 1v1

That does not happen for me.

Spit cool down still takes about 40 seconds regardless of if there's one or more people (28:30 - 29:10).

In case people have missed the announcement this patch should arrive March 10 which is next Tuesday (in conjunction with the new DLC and hard mode).

Can we see a patch note ? Please :-/

Edit to add: Full patch note? Lol

Edited by No_Other_xD

In case people have missed the announcement this patch should arrive March 10 which is next Tuesday (in conjunction with the new DLC and hard mode).

Awesome sauce. :o

@Jcks

Some videos demonstrating the CD in a 4 v 1 game, and CD for a 1 v 1 game. I assume all Hunters experience this, seeing as the more players are in the game, the faster the CD for Hunters need to be in order to effectively keep pace. I hope to God this isn't a glitch, because I always felt the fluctuation of CD based on players was a no brainer' for the developers.

Wonderful! Glad to know it's almost here. Can't wait to get into some CQ confrontations without worrying about the EXPcalibur being jammed into my zombie eyeballs :3