Pete Donnelly

Upcoming Patch

In "Evolve" excellent balance between monster and hunters.

well i hope a game focus on his first game mechanic is balance

try to remember that this game was mainly a coop only without (at first) any pvp feature

Are you planning on adding more playable zombies like the demolisher or the spitter, I would like to see something other than just the night hunter because eventually, the night hunter is going to get a little boring. I think adding different playable zombies would add more of a ranged aspect to the game mode.

Are you planning on adding more playable zombies like the demolisher or the spitter, I would like to see something other than just the night hunter because eventually, the night hunter is going to get a little boring. I think adding different playable zombies would add more of a ranged aspect to the game mode.

Neither of them are as effective in this mode as the night hunter. The only way I see a demolisher being viable is in a death match mode. The spitter is just a weaker version of the night hunter.

You know what could mix things up a bit.

[Disorientation Spits] That have the same Effect as Dahlia's Bad Stealth Potions.

[Exhaustion Spits] Unable to Grapnel, and Slows Climbing. Featured in the Rais Missions.

The Coding for both "Status Effects" already exists in the Game. So implementing this would be possible.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

In "Evolve" excellent balance between monster and hunters.

On the forum quite a lot was written about the same. So no, this is not a problem, the main thing - desire.

About the patch:

- survival sense is not touched;

infinite flashlight with a huge radius is not changed;

- evading the tackle with jump not removed;

- removed bug that allowed the hunter... to survive (LOL);

The result: zero patch

Er... if you've ever played against the Banshee, you'd know how terribly unbalanced Evolve can be.

I give serious props to Techland for essentiall putting the entire game of Evolve (Minus the TF2 knockoff abilities) into a multiplayer extra mode that is attached to a game with an incredible story.

The flashlight isn't infinite.

Evading Tackle will no longer be a big deal, now that the height requirement of Death from Above is being increased. It will no longer result in instadeath and can be used as a great distraction while the Horde closes in. The move's worth has been increased exponentially by this simple change.

As someone who is staunchly against the duping and OHKO glitches plaguing the Human side of this game, I have no problem "losing" the Infinite Spit glitch. Never used it outside of private matches, and a glitch is a glitch. If it shouldn't be there, and it can be removed, it should be removed. No one should need a slow glitch like Infinite Spit to survive.

I didn't expect a patch at all, so I was pleased as punch when I stumbled upon this forum.

What is being buffed is simply to mitigate the results of endless exploits on the Human end, as well as some of the exploits discovered by Night Hunter players (Spits, UV cancels). if the exploits weren't around, these changes wouldn't be needed - people wouldn't have the flares necessary to spam their way to the nest, or the Night Hunter potions necessary to one- and two-shot the Hunter with normal weapons.

Simply put, what shouldn't be happening in the game is being removed from the equation in a reasonable manner. Night Hunter players should be rejoicing, not begging for more. More might come, but as they've stated, they want to see how balancing combat affects the mode first.

You know what could mix things up a bit.

[Disorientation Spits] That have the same Effect as Dahlia's Bad Stealth Potions.

[Exhaustion Spits] Unable to Grapnel, and Slows Climbing. Featured in the Rais Missions.

The Coding for both "Status Effects" already exists in the Game. So implementing this would be possible.

i like that or a random effect spit that does any of those 2 effects but add in a random benefit like a night hunter booster buff but also a few more negative effects like slow speed , decreased accuracy with auto switch to a rifle for duration of effect , a camo effect but they lose minimap, viral swarm , both normal spit types (1 at a time though) and last effect could be make them have tendrils for 5 secs  

When I said spitter and demolisher I was just using examples, and what I meant was modified versions of them that can only be used in Be the Zombie. A thing they could do to make playing a demolisher effective is by removing his riot armor and just making him able to climb and jump, or there could be a different objective depending on what zombie joined the game. A reason i think they should add different zombies is because some people prefer a different play style. The game mode is called "Be The Zombie" not "Be the Night Hunter".  I'd also like to see them add a zombie that can join the game, and not force the players in the lobby to complete an objective along with the zombie being able to have UV rays shone on him and remain unaffected.

Edited by dcolby

Good post DrPurrington.

But I for one do want more. And that's not to be selfish or ungrateful. It's simply that this Game Mode is Fantastic and Very Unique.

And as such this deserves a lot of Love and Attention from Techland. And if They ever grace us with "Be The Zombie DLC" My Wallet is ready.

When I said spitter and demolisher I was just using examples, and what I meant was modified versions of them that can only be used in Be the Zombie. A thing they could do to make playing a demolisher effective is by removing his riot armor and just making him able to climb and jump, or there could be a different objective depending on what zombie joined the game. A reason i think they should add different zombies is because some people prefer a different play style.

That's basically the night hunter though (besides lifting cars/rocks or having knock back on melee hits).

The night hunter was designed to be multiple types of zombies all fused into one giving him the power he needs to take on up to four other players at once. Spits, tendrils, ground pound, OHKs, tackle, he can pretty much do it all. The only reason he seems one dimensional is because a lot of focus was put on having him rely on pounces to get kills. Outside of that though he pretty much covers every other zombie archetype.

With the removal of flare spam and OHKs you should start seeing different types of playstyles emerge since night hunter players won't be funneled into "spit 'n run" tactics to avoid getting one shotted up close.

The flashlight isn't infinite.

It's not but it sure does last a long time. It last long enough to deplete the night hunters shield at least twice on one charge, which allows survivors to easily chase down and HUNT the HUNTER.

Also when fully depleted the UV light recharges faster than the night hunters energy. This means no penalty for using your UV light carelessly.

IMO the UV light should have enough charge to be used to prevent OHKs from the night hunter. It should not be used to discourage him from approaching at more than twice the distance of a pounce attack.

Edited by jcks

I just feel that because it's called "be the Zombie" it should revolve around numerous versions of zombies. Just because the Night Hunter has every attribute doesn't mean there cannot be different types which particularly specialize in a certain range of abilities. Just because in campaign the demolisher only throws rocks and flips cars doesn't mean he can't be altered in a way which greatly improves and broadens his abilities to where he is just as useful as a Night Hunter. Another example is a hazmat zombie or a bomb squad zombie, which would obviously have special characteristic of which no other zombie would have. I'm not trying to say that Be the Zombie isn't fun, I'm just saying I would like to see more playable zombies to make it even better. I think it would be a cool idea to maybe add zombies which specialize in certain abilities where instead of having a lesser version of it. Some people only use some of the night hunter's abilities which gives more of a reason to make more zombies which match their play style. Sometimes when there are more people in a server you need to try something different.

Edited by dcolby

I'll open this with saying that I have not read all the replies to this thread.

That being said, anyone who has played the career mode and unlocked perks and weapons of all sorts, has a gigantic advantage. An advantage so huge that it makes game play nearly impossible to anyone just getting the BTZ DLC. Those people have no unlocks for the zombie and no way to get kills or defend nests in any way. More so if there are multiple runners. The UV lights have a range of 3 city blocks and unless you have all perks unlocked the "UV block" only lasts 1 second. and with the runners ability to know your exact position at 1000 feet out, there is no move you can make that keeps you hidden. Basically what I'm trying to say is that unless you have all the perks and are playing against a runner that has none, you are doomed to watch your nests get destroyed from a far and waiting your time and money.

At the very least allow another hunter character so that some sort of teamwork and sneak attack is possible. 1V1 is impossible against an experienced runner and 1V2 or more is a joke beyond all measure.

In the campaign your UV light only works at a 10-20 foot range yet in the BTZ they work at 300 feet, and are completely disabling at range. Not to mention the runners can see your every movement and their lights can re charge in seconds, making them nearly unlimited.

Had I paid for this DLC I would demand the return of my money and trash this game immediately. The BTZ DLC is a fantastic idea but possibly the worst execution sense Battlefield 4 and AC Unity.

I just feel that because it's called "be the Zombie" it should revolve around numerous versions of zombies. Just because the Night Hunter has every attribute doesn't mean there cannot be different types which particularly specialize in a certain range of abilities. Just because in campaign the demolisher only throws rocks and flips cars doesn't mean he can't be altered in a way which greatly improves and broadens his abilities to where he is just as useful as a Night Hunter. Another example is a hazmat zombie or a bomb squad zombie, which would obviously have special characteristic of which no other zombie would have. I'm not trying to say that Be the Zombie isn't fun, I'm just saying I would like to see more playable zombies to make it even better. I think it would be a cool idea to maybe add zombies which specialize in certain abilities where instead of having a lesser version of it. Some people only use some of the night hunter's abilities which gives more of a reason to make more zombies which match their play style. Sometimes when there are more people in a server you need to try something different.

and those that only use some abilities will have the hardest time killing anyone at all i use a combo to kill flare spammers and every ability is usefull just gotta find a use 

I'll open this with saying that I have not read all the replies to this thread.

That being said, anyone who has played the career mode and unlocked perks and weapons of all sorts, has a gigantic advantage. An advantage so huge that it makes game play nearly impossible to anyone just getting the BTZ DLC. Those people have no unlocks for the zombie and no way to get kills or defend nests in any way. More so if there are multiple runners. The UV lights have a range of 3 city blocks and unless you have all perks unlocked the "UV block" only lasts 1 second. and with the runners ability to know your exact position at 1000 feet out, there is no move you can make that keeps you hidden. Basically what I'm trying to say is that unless you have all the perks and are playing against a runner that has none, you are doomed to watch your nests get destroyed from a far and waiting your time and money.

At the very least allow another hunter character so that some sort of teamwork and sneak attack is possible. 1V1 is impossible against an experienced runner and 1V2 or more is a joke beyond all measure.

In the campaign your UV light only works at a 10-20 foot range yet in the BTZ they work at 300 feet, and are completely disabling at range. Not to mention the runners can see your every movement and their lights can re charge in seconds, making them nearly unlimited.

Had I paid for this DLC I would demand the return of my money and trash this game immediately. The BTZ DLC is a fantastic idea but possibly the worst execution sense Battlefield 4 and AC Unity.

its actually not that hard to win matches if you have some strategys that deal with different survivors  

a big tip i will say is when approaching humans look for spikes if they hunt you prepare a ground pound and hit them in the direction of spikes it often will cause a kill

and those that only use some abilities will have the hardest time killing anyone at all i use a combo to kill flare spammers and every ability is usefull just gotta find a use 

that is only usefull when you can unlock abilities. Which is nearly impossible if your playing against anyone who has played the campaign

That's why I'm saying they need a non-night zombie so that it won't be so unfair (or at least a little more balanced) to the person playing as the zombie.

the balances they are going to do will greatly even the odds for unskilled zombies only 2 things id like to see changed on top of that and thats survivor sense only show hunter for 3 secs but has a 10 sec cd and uv range reduction by about 2/3rds 

those 2 changes would help unskilled hunters get use to the mode but arent as needed when the patch goes live

a feature that would be nice is if you kill someone with a pounce your current cd should be halved(3-4 players) or a quarter taken off (1-2 players) as long cds against more players do make it harder 

and as a survivor i want to see more zombies around the map instead of 1 every little while and 2-3 at nests 

its actually not that hard to win matches if you have some strategys that deal with different survivors  

a big tip i will say is when approaching humans look for spikes if they hunt you prepare a ground pound and hit them in the direction of spikes it often will cause a kill

I 100% agree, though I challenge you to do that with a fresh hunter with no abilities i.e. the lack of the ground pound move perk. you will be dead long before your ground pound is active.

Also the ability to summon NON explosive zombies would be nice. I would just love to see a demolisher game mode. some of you probably think that's a stupid idea, but I just like the concept of being able to control a hulk like zombie.

Edited by dcolby

that is only usefull when you can unlock abilities. Which is nearly impossible if your playing against anyone who has played the campaign

that is why they should allow hunters atleast the first spit if not 1 spare point as well or make it so they can train in the lobby up to level 4

and ive just created a new xombie after some fun in the lobby ill start joining games 

that is why they should allow hunters atleast the first spit if not 1 spare point as well or make it so they can train in the lobby up to level 4

and ive just created a new xombie after some fun in the lobby ill start joining games 

point is my hunter is lvl 3, I have 2 perks unlocked and im disabled by the uv light at a range that is impossible to cover with any type of movement i have available to me by even new runners. Add to that the fact that they know where im at at 4 or 5 times the range of pounce, unless the runner is a complete dunce you cant get anywhere near them. i was involved in a game last night where the runner stood on top of a building and just flashed me with the uv light from i estimate 3 city blocks in game and if i got to close he would throw a flare in my direction and flash me with the light periodically and run me down and kill me. i had no defence of any kind nor could i outrun him once he got the light on me.

point is my hunter is lvl 3, I have 2 perks unlocked and im disabled by the uv light at a range that is impossible to cover with any type of movement i have available to me by even new runners. Add to that the fact that they know where im at at 4 or 5 times the range of pounce, unless the runner is a complete dunce you cant get anywhere near them. i was involved in a game last night where the runner stood on top of a building and just flashed me with the uv light from i estimate 3 city blocks in game and if i got to close he would throw a flare in my direction and flash me with the light periodically and run me down and kill me. i had no defence of any kind nor could i outrun him once he got the light on me.

as a level 2 hunter i just lost a match but i killed the guy 7 times with only ground pound horde spit and pounce (only 2 were pounces) the guy was level 19 survivor