Pete Donnelly

Upcoming Patch

HI Everyone!

We're still working hard on tuning BTZ and I thought I'd share a short list of things to look forward to in the upcoming patch.

Humans

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Hunter (no more 1 hit kills against the Hunter)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Nests (no more 1 hit kills against Nests)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs BTZ Zombies (no more 1 hit kills on every zombie defending the Nests)

-Added a cooldown for throwing flares (no more flare spamming)

-Added a timeout for players staying in water too long (similar to safe zones)

-Increased the height required for drop attack to successfully connect against Hunter

-Fixed issue with Humans not receiving proper fall damage from Hunters Tackle

Night Hunter

-Improvements for BTZ matchmaking

-Added grenade notification for incoming air strike attack

-Removed UV block cancel of missed groundpound recovery (consoles)

-Fixed Infinite Spit exploit (consoles)

Note that this isn't a fully comprehensive list quite yet.  There are still other changes in the works and we will let you know when we can!  Right now I just wanted to give you all a little heads up on some of the tuning changes that will be coming to BTZ soon!

Good Night and Good Hunt!

A Good list so far Pete, Thanks for the Feedback.

But Please balance the DROP KICK. being caught in a stun lock is no fun. Especially as the Night Hunter has no way to Evade this attack. 

Please add a way for the Night Hunter to Evade.

Please tone down SURVIVOR SENSE. As it stands the Night Hunter is at a big disadvantage. Because His position is always known to all Survivors.

Maybe limit the amount of Pings and only highlight the Night Hunters general direction, instead of His exact position. 

A cool down for Air Strikes, to stop spam.

Any possibility You can add a Penalty for Survivors making Noise when vs the Night Hunter. EG: Gunshots, Explosions, Airstrikes etc.

Humans get careless in this mode, because they can make noise without any fear. 

Edited by Chaos_Deception

A Good list so far Pete, Thanks for the Feedback.

But Please balance the DROP KICK. being caught in a stun lock is no fun. Especially as the Night Hunter has no way to Evade this attack.

Please add a way for the Night Hunter to Evade.

Please tone down SURVIVOR SENSE. As it stands the Night Hunter is at a big disadvantage. Because His position is always known to all Survivors.

Maybe limit the amount of Pings and only highlight the Night Hunters general direction, instead of His exact position.

Any possibility You can add a Penalty for Survivors making Noise when vs the Night Hunter. EG: Gunshots, Explosions, Airstrikes etc.

Humans get careless in this mode, because they can make noise without any fear.

I agree with you in everything BUT please, just say thanks and thats it, this isnt the full patch list

HI Everyone!

We're still working hard on tuning BTZ and I thought I'd share a short list of things to look forward to in the upcoming patch.

Humans

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Hunter (no more 1 hit kills against the Hunter)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Nests (no more 1 hit kills against Nests)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs BTZ Zombies (no more 1 hit kills on every zombie defending the Nests)

-Added a cooldown for throwing flares (no more flare spamming)

-Added a timeout for players staying in water too long (similar to safe zones)

-Increased the height required for drop attack to successfully connect against Hunter

-Fixed issue with Humans not receiving proper fall damage from Hunters Tackle

Night Hunter

-Improvements for BTZ matchmaking

-Added grenade notification for incoming air strike attack

-Removed UV block cancel of missed groundpound recovery (consoles)

-Fixed Infinite Spit exploit (consoles)

Note that this isn't a fully comprehensive list quite yet.  There are still other changes in the works and we will let you know when we can!  Right now I just wanted to give you all a little heads up on some of the tuning changes that will be coming to BTZ soon!

Good Night and Good Hunt!

just out of curiosity is that all types of flares or just 1 type as there is three flare types , uv flares , ziads flares(one of the worst for spamming) and airstrike flare (often spammed)

I hope to see some real changes for a hunter as there`s none right now.

At least give us one serious thing - weapon

Pounce - targeted human shouldn`t be able to break out of it. We cant interrupt  any survivor attacks and its sometimes very hard work to hit human with it.

With respect to air strike flares they are a type of flare so they will also get the cooldown. In addition explosion damage against the hunter is mitigated more so it will take several hits to kill him now. Third the explosive indicator will appear for air strike flares now so you will now the hunter will be warned when an air strike is incoming.

We currently do not have any plans to change the human drop kicks. The general counter for the hunter is his mobility and that groundpounds outrange the drop kick range (and take priority). No one human can chain drop kicks against the hunter. The hunter recovers first and can be charging a ground pound during the fall animation so that he can release it before the human can come in for another drop kick. Alternatively, the Night Hunter can tendril locomote away before the human gets to him again if the drop kick pushed him far enough away. If there are several humans then they might be able to chain drop kicks but in this case the hunter could have been killed much quicker with regular attack so changing drop kick would not prevent the Night Hunter's death in this case.

We currently do not have plans to change the human's night sense. We have the ability to do so but our focus right now is to balance the damage and combat mechanics first before trying to manipulate the human's ability to track the hunter.

I've spit tagged people who have dropped kick me before and gotten away from a chain so I have no problem with it. I wish it was safer to use the ground pound as a counter option though since they can fake you out with a dodge and make you sit through that long recovery. If I was taking away like half their health or had a guaranteed pounce after just a regular ground pound then I'd be fine with the recovery but right now the risk seems to outweigh the reward (unless it's a spit slam).

Survivors barely have any openings in their power attacks like drop kick or charge hit. With drop kick they recover just as if they would on hit and for charge attacks the can continue to move during the recovery (although they can't swing again). Not being killed in one hit definitely helps cope with the ground pound recovery but I still feel the risk is greater than the reward.

Sooo...right now the uv light and the human sense will not be touched? :-/ and in a future?

This will be continue as Hunt The Zombie mode, Bah anyway, Techland already have my money so whatever, but this game goes to the dark corner of my room where is AC:Unity and Destiny :-/ my last hope is The Divition at the end of the year...

Edited by No_Other_xD

Survivor sense will not be touched but they didn't say anything about the uv light so there's still hope. I'm fine with survivor sense now that it will be much harder to kill zombies and nests. Just nerf the uv light range and we're good.

These look like great changes! If there's even more to come, I couldn't be happier.

Looks great as-is, especially for a first(?) major patch to the mode. That damage mitigation is going to be WONDERFUL, I can't tell you how many times I've just wanted to duke it out and ended up getting one-shotted.

The notification is going to be great as well. With the muted colors in BtZ, it was nearly impossible to tell a Flare from an Airstrike.

Thanks you, and keep up the good work!

I'm glad that you are making the changes you mentioned above.

But are you going to Adjust the "UV Range and Cool Down" and "Survivor Sense" In a Future Patch.

Because 24/7 Situational Awareness and Long Range UV with quick recharging makes most competent Human Players untouchable in most cases.

how about 2 zombies vs. 8 humans ? or 1 v 8

the zombie needs more unlocked attackes// ie bigger zombie hordes "not exploding " give the human players what they want "zombies"

im currently a leve 52 zombie when do i max out?

oh a few of us have been talking .. and there should be diffrent zombie skins/types you can be ..

also possiably have changing seasons ? fall winter spring summer? "heavy fog"

a realistic mode .. only have one life ??

human safe zones change at random .. ie power grid goes down so they can not camp in safe house

and idea from the movie "ridick" the humans can craft a tempary uv plasma type hose ...

zombie "dog"hounds .. for the zombie to call in..like police german sheperds

zombie "cats" for the zombie to call in

human pets such as a dog.. ie. i am legend with will smith?

theres a few hundred idea i have wrote down .. add me on xbox 1... Lt aldo raine x1 ... i only play as a zombie

UV range and night sense cooldown is definitely on our radar as something we can potentially use to balance the game if the need arises. With the patch they will be exposed to our server so that we will be able to adjust them on the fly in the future without going through a full patching process. However we want to see the result of the combat balancing first before we adjust any other factors in the game. We acquire data on every match played and we will be examining the results of this patch before making further changes. Asymmetric gameplay is a new and challenging area to balance especially when you add in all the open world tools that the humans have at their disposal. Thank you everyone for your suggestions on this forum. I'm glad to see people interested in the Be The Zombie game mode and its future.

UV range and night sense cooldown is definitely on our radar as something we can potentially use to balance the game if the need arises. With the patch they will be exposed to our server so that we will be able to adjust them on the fly in the future without going through a full patching process. However we want to see the result of the combat balancing first before we adjust any other factors in the game. We acquire data on every match played and we will be examining the results of this patch before making further changes. Asymmetric gameplay is a new and challenging area to balance especially when you add in all the open world tools that the humans have at their disposal. Thank you everyone for your suggestions on this forum. I'm glad to see people interested in the Be The Zombie game mode and its future.

I think taking away OHKs will help tremendously. Ground pound is already a good skill but was rendered obsolete by OHKs. All the survivor needed to do to win in CQC was trade blows with you. Now you have more of a chance to get a greater number of ground pounds in and with the flare spam eliminated you'll more likely have energy to use for a pounce after a UV spit.

Is there any incentive for Zombie players to progress past level 21 as all of his skills are unlocked?

Bragging rights.

George, make no mistake "Be The Zombie" is a Fantastic Inovation and this "Game Mode" has potential to become even greater.

Be The Zombie breaks the stale Mediocrity of standard Multiplayer Games.

We understand that Balancing "BTZ" is no easy task, given the move set and arsenal that is available to the Humans.

We like You, just want "BTZ" to reach the potential it deserves.

Thank You Devs for Your Feedback.

George, make no mistake "Be The Zombie" is a Fantastic Inovation and this "Game Mode" has potential to become even greater.

<...>

In "Evolve" excellent balance between monster and hunters.

<...>

We understand that Balancing "BTZ" is no easy task, given the move set and arsenal that is available to the Humans.

<...>

On the forum quite a lot was written about the same. So no, this is not a problem, the main thing - desire.

About the patch:

- survival sense is not touched;

infinite flashlight with a huge radius is not changed;

- evading the tackle with jump not removed;

- removed bug that allowed the hunter... to survive (LOL);

The result: zero patch

Survivor sense and uv light will be tweaked in the future without a patch which is why they aren't focusing on it here. Besides flare spam and one hit kills wee half the problem and those are now gone, it will be much easier to win.

Edited by jcks