jcks

Post Your Btz Matches!

Zup guys, here a vid of me as the Night Hunter D: lol i am bad as a hunter, anyway this is my second play since the patch...nothing epic, just a normal 2vs1, i accept tips and correction of mistakes

Btw the funny thing about this match was...that i hunt one of those guys the day before the patch xD and look how the match ends that day...http://imgur.com/3MrRmGO

Zup guys, here a vid of me as the Night Hunter D: lol i am bad as a hunter, anyway this is my second play since the patch...nothing epic, just a normal 2vs1, i accept tips and correction of mistakes

Btw the funny thing about this match was...that i hunt one of those guys the day before the patch xD and look how the match ends that day...http://imgur.com/3MrRmGO

it's not me right they didn't use the flashlight in your match ?.?

only those annoying flare ... right ?.?

troll or braindead ?.? ... still the same question ;)

Edited by ormalash

it's not me right they didn't use the flashlight in your match ?.?

only those annoying flare ... right ?.?

troll or braindead ?.? ... still the same question ;)

Hahahaha yeah xD i was lucky they dont use the uv light that much hahahahaha hunters need more of those kind of sirvivors xD

some tips: uv block and ground pound is good for flares , spit before pounce on flare people can help alot , dont kill downed people you can either use them as bait or you just simply have 1 less person for a little bit to slow you down (example: i use 1 person i downed to bait his team to revive uv spit them during revive and then leapfrogged both and left the other down then horde spit on them kept that up for 4 more deaths before they realised what i was doing) , spit and then tackle is also a good combo uv blocker and tackle can take someone out of a flare if you chase them they will think your about to tackle again as soon as your out of flare range pounce 

and when they are chasing you try to lure them in a spot with spike trap ... it's alway a pleasur to pierce them with those trap ;)

yep a good hunter is always on the move looking for ways to use the environment to kill , thats why i love train yard for nests as theres loads of hidden spikes 

sup guys? here a POV of a friendly match as a Survivor against DoctorPurrington as a Hunter, awesome match, good Hunter, he was helping me to verify something technical in BtZ and we ended playing a friendly match, I don't know him, but I was doing my best to win xD to prove something, to prove that a low level can beat a high level BUT he is too good to try to beat him as a low level Survivor xD anyway enjoy the match, was a funny and intense one xD also keep in mind* that my game is on Hard and i don't level up my Survivor, just a few things xD anyway again...enjoy and sorry for the bad english

Part.1

Part.2

Part.3

Edited by No_Other_xD

Pfft, I wasn't even trying! I bet I could've won with six nests up!

Nah I was totally trying, Other's really good :3

Having never watched myself play, I can say two things:

1. When the Night Hunter charges up Ground Pound, it looks like an angry old man in a large pair of shorts shaking his fists.

2. Whose bright idea (pun absolutely intended) was it to make the Night Hunter give off gigantic orange solar flares to reveal his position? That's a terrible hunting instinct.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

I have to admit something, a few times, like 3 or 4 times you got me with the pounce BUT the tendrils put me in your direccion...and I remember read Michal here in the forum saying that* the tendrils dont re direct the survivor to the hunter...

Edited by No_Other_xD

I have to admit something, a few times, like 3 or 4 times you got me with the pounce BUT the tendrils put me in your direccion...and I remember read Michal here in the forum saying that* the tendrils dont re direct the survivor to the hunter...

Oh, they don't, but one of the Devs also mentioned that there's a certain level of auto-aim to allow the Humans to follow the Night Hunter, even if the Hunter jumps over them.

The Dev shared a story about how, in testing, the Night Hunter could just jump around Humans over and over and just keep swiping at them for easy kills, so they implemented a small level of auto-aim to draw the player's attention to where the Night Hunter is going.

Which is fair, all things considered. The Night Hunter has a very high jump, so the draw you experienced was (most likely) the auto-aim drawing you toward me at the same time I was Pouncing.

EDIT: Grammar. If a Dev spots this, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Edited by DoctorPurrington

My bad, ins't was Michal, was George

jcks likely what you are experience is latency inherent in any networked game. It's really quick to turn one's camera in the game and there's no way to replicate this over a network fast enough. On his machine he turned to face you in time but on your machine it looks like he turned to face you much later in the pounce sequence. If we relied only on what the Hunter sees the humans would never be able to do a last second interrupt.

DoctorPurrington: The humans have full control over their camera during the interrupt window but they can't move anymore.

The aim assist is for melee battles. One of the things we were trying to combat in close quarter combat with the Hunter is that it got very hard to keep track of the hunter and even harder to hit him. Imagine a case where the hunter is in front of you then leaps over your head. He then hits the human from behind and then leaps over you again when you try to turn around to see him and so on. We had Hunters win entire games just by playing leap frogging over the Humans constantly. It wasn't interesting for the hunter and it was frustrating for the humans. The aim assist helps the humans keep track of him in those kind of confusing cases and get a few swings in. The Hunter is not intended to be at advantage when he tries to slug it out with melee attacks against a human's melee attacks. He will take more damage and die. In general our design for BTZ was to discourage fights where both parties hack away at each other in melee range as the combat system didn't lend itself to interesting fights at that range. All his moves are designed to push back and create space to set up his next big attack.

The aim assist is for melee battles. One of the things we were trying to combat in close quarter combat with the Hunter is that it got very hard to keep track of the hunter and even harder to hit him. Imagine a case where the hunter is in front of you then leaps over your head. He then hits the human from behind and then leaps over you again when you try to turn around to see him and so on. We had Hunters win entire games just by playing leap frogging over the Humans constantly. It wasn't interesting for the hunter and it was frustrating for the humans. The aim assist helps the humans keep track of him in those kind of confusing cases and get a few swings in. The Hunter is not intended to be at advantage when he tries to slug it out with melee attacks against a human's melee attacks. He will take more damage and die. In general our design for BTZ was to discourage fights where both parties hack away at each other in melee range as the combat system didn't lend itself to interesting fights at that range. All his moves are designed to push back and create space to set up his next big attack.

Bingo bango :3