jcks

Post Your Btz Matches!

There is nothing wrong in this video. Hes flying towards you and you started using UV on him. He immediately turns on uv block that makes your torch useless. 

Yea, I'm a little confused too. The Hunter had UV Block on, jumped, and Pounced you above where your UV Light was shining. Not sure what's wrong with this clip.

by arguing i meant "discussion" sorry, english is not my native language so sometimes i write the wrong things, derp, my bad.

Yeah u can express your opinion and i can say its BS, which it is.

Regarding tackle and ground pound, tackle does not send the hunter flying away leaving him vulnerable mid air. you can spam ground pound and thers no counter for it. Pound pound pound, spit, pound, pounce kill. Easy.

The Humans' Tackle is a moot point in BtZ. You might as well just swing a sword.

The better comparison would be Tackle Vs. Drop Kick, which both act similarly, minus. The advantage of Drop Kick being the lock-in animation and the Hunter's inability to dodge, while the disadvantage being that Hunters don't take fall damage, and a missed one leaves you vulnerable for several seconds.

Not sure why you're saying there's no counter to Ground Pound when you use Rais' gun in your previous videos. There's your counter right there. In the Ground Pound chargeup animation, the Hunter moves quite slowly. Dodge away and shoot. Or bait the GP and attack while he's in the cooldown animation. If you view guns as cheap, you can easily use grenades, trap bombs, dynamite, or just go in for a Drop-Kick and hope the Hunter doesn't know the timing. The point is that, much like the Human's melee being much stronger than the Night Hunters, you don't just run in and attack blindly when they're in the GP animation. That's asking to get whacked.

"Pound pound pound, spit, pound, pounce kill. Easy."

...What kind of Hunters are you playing? If they're not spitting on the first Pound, they're doing something wrong. Unless the Human is at low health, there's no reason to get into GP range if the Hunter doesn't have a spit.

Haha

Spam ground pound?? Now I know we are playing different games. What about a very long recovery time after a ground pound when hunter even cant move?

It`s not your fault though my friend. You just simply didnt play enough long as a hunter to unlock it and check how it works!

Mord's being a bit harsh, but he has a point. I would definitely suggest trying to play as a Hunter for a while longer. Experience will be a bit easier thanks to the patches (woo!), but you'll get a gist for the timing on things like Ground Pound.

Although, honestly, playing BtZ knowing my missed Tackle doesn't mean instadeath against Humans who know what they're doing is SUCH a different game. I can actually use the move as a distraction! Such a good choice to mitigate the DfA height range.

Yea, I'm a little confused too. The Hunter had UV Block on, jumped, and Pounced you above where your UV Light was shining. Not sure what's wrong with this clip.

The Humans' Tackle is a moot point in BtZ. You might as well just swing a sword.

The better comparison would be Tackle Vs. Drop Kick, which both act similarly, minus. The advantage of Drop Kick being the lock-in animation and the Hunter's inability to dodge, while the disadvantage being that Hunters don't take fall damage, and a missed one leaves you vulnerable for several seconds.

Not sure why you're saying there's no counter to Ground Pound when you use Rais' gun in your previous videos. There's your counter right there. In the Ground Pound chargeup animation, the Hunter moves quite slowly. Dodge away and shoot. Or bait the GP and attack while he's in the cooldown animation. If you view guns as cheap, you can easily use grenades, trap bombs, dynamite, or just go in for a Drop-Kick and hope the Hunter doesn't know the timing. The point is that, much like the Human's melee being much stronger than the Night Hunters, you don't just run in and attack blindly when they're in the GP animation. That's asking to get whacked.

"Pound pound pound, spit, pound, pounce kill. Easy."

...What kind of Hunters are you playing? If they're not spitting on the first Pound, they're doing something wrong. Unless the Human is at low health, there's no reason to get into GP range if the Hunter doesn't have a spit.

Mord's being a bit harsh, but he has a point. I would definitely suggest trying to play as a Hunter for a while longer. Experience will be a bit easier thanks to the patches (woo!), but you'll get a gist for the timing on things like Ground Pound.

Although, honestly, playing BtZ knowing my missed Tackle doesn't mean instadeath against Humans who know what they're doing is SUCH a different game. I can actually use the move as a distraction! Such a good choice to mitigate the DfA height range.

I use the gun as a finishing move only, when it only takes 1 or 2 shots.

In the first clip the hunter did something without any counter, which is broken. UV block and pounce = free kill, how is that fair? O_o

I just lost my first game in like 14 games, the hunter kept on abusing the "spit - uv block - pounce", impossible to do anything against that, impossible. Even if i somehow manage to block the pounce, im stuck in the animation, and then BAM i get hit by the spit, no more UV light and kamikaze zombies are on to me. I either get pounced without counter or blown up by zombies, gee....so fair.

I would avoid confrontation with the night hunter but you can't win a game without facing the hunter, if he's good, he will find u and force a fight.

Btw, im gonna livestream some dying light now, trying to prove some of my points mid-stream as i face night hunters, join me here: http://www.twitch.tv/tsc_thera1der/

Edited by TheRA1DER

Camouflage/cloak potions cancels horde attacks. Also if he hasn't uv suppressed you take his energy down to half and find some place high. You'll have plenty of time.

You can also just out run the horde or hide in water. Plenty of ways to counter that.

Edited by jcks

"In the first clip the hunter did something without any counter, which is broken. UV block and pounce = free kill, how is that fair? O_o"

Like we mentioned, you've gotta play the zombie more often to get what his weaknesses/limitations are. UV Block and Pounce can't be used at the same time. Pouncing immediately cancels the Block.

In the video, you can see that once he Pounces, he loses the Block. Once he Pounces you, you can turn your UV Light up and onto him. He was very close and didn't offer much time to react, that's all. It looks like you stopped UV-ing him once he Pounced as well, which you don't have to do.

In mid-Pounce, you get a flash of white light on your screen. That represents a moment when you have free control over your turning radius and can counter with UV Light.

"I just lost my first game in like 14 games, the hunter kept on abusing the 'spit - uv block - pounce',"

"Abusing" a combination that utilizes two of the only three abilities the Night Hunter has at his disposal is a bit strong. In 1 Vs. 1, neither ability will regenerate anywhere near the time you respawn.

If you hit the Hunter with your UV Light while he's attempting to Spit (which shouldn't be difficult, it exceeds the range of Pounce), he won't be able to Pounce in response to the Spit landing fast enough for you to not be able to dodge away from it. A single dodge crosses the proximity line for a Spit explosion. Then the Hunter needs to use UV just to reach you, not to get off his actual Pounce uninterrupted, nullifying the combo.

If you can't escape the Spit or he sticks you, When the Hunter Pounces, use your UV Light to cancel it. Yes, you still get hit with the Spit, but the Hunter can't Pounce if you don't let him get his shields back up. Toss a Flare or start attacking - if you go on the defensive with UV Disable on you, that's when you give the Hunter time to generate the shield and go in for a free, UV-Disable Pounce.

TheRA1DER lost his first game of 14!!! Wanna a hug? You just can stand losing as I said before and that`s why play survivor exclusively.

Also guys I had a pleasure to watch his twitch (God sent me in a right time) where he was unsuccessfully teaching (hehe no so easy innit?) his mate to perform block-spit-pounce.

Finally he said to his watchers and me that this combo is a glitch! Yes glitch. That`s his words. And that hunters abuse this glitch. He also tried to encourage watchers to start to complain about it to the devs so maybe something  would be done soon.

He is a troll guys and should be treated as such.

TheRA1DER lost his first game of 14!!! Wanna a hug? You just can stand losing as I said before and that`s why play survivor exclusively.

Also guys I had a pleasure to watch his twitch (God sent me in a right time) where he was unsuccessfully teaching (hehe no so easy innit?) his mate to perform block-spit-pounce.

Finally he said to his watchers and me that this combo is a glitch! Yes glitch. That`s his words. And that hunters abuse this glitch. He also tried to encourage watchers to start to complain about it to the devs so maybe something  would be done soon.

He is a troll guys and should be treated as such.

Mord, the guy was not my friend, it was a random dude that was complaining how hard it was, and i was trying to tell him how i get killed without any counter.

Im not a troll, i want this game to be good, better, and no i dont want your hug, i got my wife for that. And even doe its a combination of 2 out of 3 available powers, its still something with NO COUNTER, so its not balanced, sorry.

At this point its unbalanced in 1v1, the surviver being the underpowered, and its unbalanced for more than 2v1, the hunter being the one with a huge disadvantage. 

MORD, i am going to spot replying to you since your arguments are nothing but a failed attempt of being sarcastic and smart. Bye.

snip

I do understand that i need to use flares BEFORE the fight begins, but not only can the hunter pound them but also, even if he doesn't everything remains the same: he does the same trick, pounces me, i block (and get stuck in the animation) his bomber spit goes off, hits me (since i can't move) and i either try and use the hook to escape the zombies and he pounces-me mid air with no counter, or i stay on the ground to prevent him from poucing and i get killed by bombers. 

So...tell me what should i do? u can add me to the friends so we can go on a friendly game and see how things pan out.

Edited by TheRA1DER

The truth hurts.

You quoted me and replied to everything but this - calling this combo a glitch that hunters abuse. May I ask you why?

Can you confirm that you called your watchers to report this "glitch" to the devs?

Edited by MORD

The truth hurts.

You quoted me and replied to everything but this - calling this combo a glitch that hunters abuse. May I ask you why?

Can you confirm that you called your watchers to report this "glitch" to the devs?

Yes i can confirm that. I want as many night hunters using it as possible, the more people see it, the better.

Right now only a few players know how to use the combination of skills in order to make the attack impossible to counter. This becomes game-breaking in 1v1 situations. I still think that if the hunter plays vs 2 organized survivors he still doesn't stand a chance.

So maybe enable some features mechanics in 1v2 or more, or/and disable them for 1v1.

For example, the survivor UV light would last half of its current time IF there were more than 1 survivors in-game. If it was 1on1, then it should remain the same. Im sure implementing such dynamic system would be a pain in the chupacabra, but its the only solution i see so far.

What part of this technique is a glitch/exploit? All of these abilities work as intended. If you mean it's just overpowered like EXPCalibur pre patch then that's fine but classifying it as a glitch is incorrect. Shooting off infinite spits and canceling the recovery of ground pound with a different input is a glitch/exploit because you are altering the properties of those abilities and how they work within the mechanics of the game.

Edit: yes like no other said let's keep the thread on topic with btz matches. There's a developer feedback thread for these discussions.

Edited by jcks

uv block - uv spit - pounce its only a half way to a kill (only enough if you hit with your spit a target directly)

You have at least two seconds to avoid getting killed if you use uv light after evade, when hunter is recharging his energy. And now most tricky part comes depending on what survivor decides to do.

Outcome might be - survivors death, hunter death or no death at all.

Sorry for off topic but it had to be answered :(

Wow :-/ guys pleass, keep this topic just for videos...i mean...

I'd like to think this thread can be used for good tips/strategies as well, but yea, this is getting a bit out of hand.

Shall we mix it up? I've posted this in a few other outlets, but I made a video reviewing all the BtZ changes coming from the Patch. There's some fun gameplay going on in the background, so you can zone out to my garbling and watch that if you'd like :3

All right, I know I was the last person to post, but I couldn't wait to drop these videos on you guys.

The first one is just for fun. After reaching Bolter rank last night, my Night Hunter decided to throw his weight around a little.

The second one is my first Quad Kill as the Hunter! Much like a can of sardines, I'm betting these guys were real salty about this one.

Managed to win that match, so full match + commentary coming soon :3

I have seen 3 hunters that played legit and were very very good. Timing was perfect. Ground pound dead on.They would embarrass you as a survivor.ALL BEFORE THE PATCH. NOW!! The ad zombie are killing you before the hunter does. 2400+ weapon takes 10+ strikes to kill. The hunters get to dominate because you can not survive the environment. All you had to do is fix the spit glitch. But nope, cave to the whiners. Devs can mess up a good game a lot faster than they can make a real good game. This a good game and so WAS the PvP.

I have seen 3 hunters that played legit and were very very good. Timing was perfect. Ground pound dead on.They would embarrass you as a survivor.ALL BEFORE THE PATCH. NOW!! The ad zombie are killing you before the hunter does. 2400+ weapon takes 10+ strikes to kill. The hunters get to dominate because you can not survive the environment. All you had to do is fix the spit glitch. But nope, cave to the whiners. Devs can mess up a good game a lot faster than they can make a real good game. This a good game and so WAS the PvP.

3 hunters cause they are the norm arent they most hunters before patch couldnt get a kill before the nests are destroyed now its fair for the average player

In 1v1 the game is now broken towards the survivors, but in 1v2+ the hunter still doesn't stand a chance... :|

All right, I know I was the last person to post, but I couldn't wait to drop these videos on you guys.

The first one is just for fun. After reaching Bolter rank last night, my Night Hunter decided to throw his weight around a little.

Lol that entrance.

Here a video of me as a Survivor, not big deal, against a Hunter lvl.50 or 51, he invaded my game like 7 times a in a row xD veru good hunter, in other games he kill me like 7 or 8 times but never win :P sadly i only save this match, enjoy?...

https://youtu.be/1z2niaWYUlk

video is private :x

Also here's some delicious post patch 4v1 action:

Unfortunately my PS4 didn't catch some of the beginning (been doing that a lot lately with the share function) but nothing happened much except me getting into position. I'll make sure do my recording through twitch so my matches don't get clipped like this. I almost lost a solid 3v1 match this way.

Edited by jcks

Unfortunately my PS4 didn't catch some of the beginning (been doing that a lot lately with the share function) but nothing happened much except me getting into position. I'll make sure do my recording through twitch so my matches don't get clipped like this. I almost lost a solid 3v1 match this way.

Huh, mine was doing that last night too. I missed out on a couple of nice matches because it only snagged 3-4 minutes.

Huh, mine was doing that last night too. I missed out on a couple of nice matches because it only snagged 3-4 minutes.

Yeah I'm not sure what's causing it, it can be frustrating at times.

That first kill.