tjkoehler35

Mod Folder For 1.4 Patch ?

Which folder do I put mods into now?

user\documents\dyinglight\out\date -> works ONLY with dying light manager for me.

Because I highly doubt the games modding system relies on some guys custom program.. How is the game intended to be modded? I can't play multiplayer\co op with mods even we are using the EXACT same mod.

You can place the mod files inside data3.pak which you can find in /steamapps/common/dying light/DW/ folder. This is what DLM did and how I distribute my mod on modnexus :)

It works just like a zip compressed file, so use 7zip or some such archiver to open and view/edit the contents.

-Shockr

I got it to work this way. It is still saying our files are different when I play it with a friend. Even when I send them my exact data3.pak file

yesterday we had the same problem, ended up with one person installing the mods, merging it to data3.pak with the manager tool and then sharing the data3.pak with the other players. worked actually.

I believe I did the same thing. I used 7zip to open the data3.pak file and placed my data folder with mods inside. I send my friend my exact data3.pak file and it will still say we have different files and can't connect?

What am I doing wrong here? And what manager tool?

Thanks for the responses I appreciate it

The Dyling Light Manager has been taken off NexusMods, but it would pack mods into the data3.pak file and place it in the game directory.

If one of you has run this at any point, then any files in your documents/dyinglight/data directory will also be pulled.

If you're still having trouble, delete your documents/dying light/out/ directory. (Keep a backup if you're worried). Then attempt sharing your data3.pak again. Make sure it's placed inthe game folder /steamapps/dying light/DW/data3.pak

-shockr

That's very odd. Do you get notified that you are running the game with modified files?

If you still have trouble, get steam to validate files and then try modding your data3.pak again and resharing.

-Shockr

Yeah I get notified by the usual message. I've verified the games integrity and placed a fresh data3.pak in and shared it. Seems like I'm doing everything right its just not working

I've also just realised we're talking in two posts!!! bad etiquette ;)

If all of those options don't work, then we have to consider that there's another reason files are becoming mismatched. Are you running the same version of the game? Are you running the same language?

-Shockr

Yeah I've deleted the out folder in both and started my game without dying light manager. We can connect without mods and are both running  he same version of the game in English. I send him the data3.pak file and it says we are running different game data when trying to join.

The mod I am running works singleplayer. But is incompatible in CO Op even when we are running the EXACT same files (no dying light manager and a deleted out folder)

Do you think it's because it's editing values like running speed, jumping height and grappling hook capabilities?

My data3.pak file looks like this:

data\skills\default_levels.xml 

placeholder.file

The mod I am running works singleplayer. But is incompatible in CO Op even when we are running the EXACT same files (no dying light manager and a deleted out folder)

Do you think it's because it's editing values like running speed, jumping height and grappling hook capabilities?

My data3.pak file looks like this:

data\skills\default_levels.xml 

placeholder.file

That's very bizarre. If there's only one file in your data3.pak then it's very odd that it's causing you trouble.

I assume you've tried connecting on both machines (invite from you and invite from them)?

You can try Private game or LAN I believe and these should be ok to use mods.

If this still isn't working, PM me your default_levels.xml and I'll have a quick scan through it.

Seriously thinking about releasing a mod manager...

Seriously thinking about releasing a mod manager...

Do it! I think all it needed to do is take certain mod content you put in a folder like out\data\ and zip it up as data3.pak and move it to the game directory. maybe have an option to choose different folders containing mod files you can select from in some type of list and then pack em all up as data3.pak

Do it! I think all it needed to do is take certain mod content you put in a folder like out\data\ and zip it up as data3.pak and move it to the game directory. maybe have an option to choose different folders containing mod files you can select from in some type of list and then pack em all up as data3.pak

Yeah, totally easy to do. Even if people just select a mod archive and add it into their game, tweak the load order. I just need it to display conflicts and stuff..

It's not the writing it, it's the supporting it :P

If I right click and join game from steam friends list while having mod content it says different game data and I can't connect.

But if I quick join or join it from the lobby it works... So I'm able to play compatibly again with mods but it makes no sense to me..