Sign in to follow this  
Jelpot

Diversity In Guns

I would love to see more diversion in gun type:

- some kind of sniper rifle would be fun; imagine sitting on top of a building looking a couple of 100 meters far shooting zombies, sound fun right?

- a stealth kind of gun would be cool as well: like a crossbow or a normal (olympic, recurve) bow

- the last thing that would be great are weapon modifications (blueprints) : different kinds of bullet, suppressors, scopes and so on

- a more advanced kind of shotgun would be cool like a spas-12 kind of gun

I imagine it is hard to get new things in a game but it would be so cool, (good night) good luck

I would love to see more diversion in gun type:

- some kind of sniper rifle would be fun; imagine sitting on top of a building looking a couple of 100 meters far shooting zombies, sound fun right?

- a stealth kind of gun would be cool as well: like a crossbow or a normal (olympic, recurve) bow

- the last thing that would be great are weapon modifications (blueprints) : different kinds of bullet, suppressors, scopes and so on

- a more advanced kind of shotgun would be cool like a spas-12 kind of gun

I imagine it is hard to get new things in a game but it would be so cool, (good night) good luck

+ At one point I think there was a sniper-esque weapon in the game because I swear I remember seeing screenshots or a gunplay demo (or something) where there was a rifle with a scope on it. I may have conjured it from the ether but I could swear it was supposed to be part of the game. Either way, I'm right there with you on the inclusion of a sniper rifle.

+ I'm also really enthusiastically behind the idea of a crossbow but not so much on the recurve simply because of the overly urban setting. I'd figure there would be more hunting rifles than bows because of the 'supposed' game around to be hunted. But a crossbow? That would be something more 'everyman'. And what I wouldn't give for it because silent kills would be an amazing asset where sound can get you swarmed.

+ Techland, take note! It would be an amazing addition to the game, especially when you have a certain NPC in Old Town that is certified.

+ Something like a Spas-12...might be stretching believable inclusion simply because of who mainly uses it (hint: it ain't the Turkish military). Maybe a M204 would better suit the setting. Or even one of those gas powered shotguns that look like assault rifles (1919)? Either way I desperately want a shotgun that isn't a double barrel-waste-of-my-time.

+1 to Churches comments. I hope they keep the weaponry in line with the game. There is no reason for US military weapons to be present unless they are also sending troops in. Yes, I am that anal. 

At a stretch a G3SG could fit into the game and is used by the current Turkish forces. Logic would dictate the police and military would utilize snipers in an outbreak so it makes sense. It would need to be pretty loud to counterbalance having the extra range and damage. This being said there is no current call for one in the game. Not once have I stood looking at an enemy and thought, damn if only I had a sniper. 

Re silencers I placed a list of reasons within the general suggestions topic as to why I feel they would take a lot of the fun out of the game. Just my personal view but I don't feel they suit the games mechanics. The idea of blueprints and modifications does make me tingle however. Bayonets, temporary flamethrowers, underslung grenade/scrap metal launcher etc would be very fun addons given the right balancing. Nothing too complicated

Police shotgun is well within grasp, M204 would fit the bill nicely. Small mag and lots of noise would be needed. Potential could be lots of fun. 

Crossbows and Bows would be cool...

However like Ive said before,

I see a lot of people asking for a silencer...

However I think they should not include a silencer/or silenced weapon in the game as it currently is. IT WOULD MAKE THE GAME SO DAMN EASY IT WOULD MAKE PLAYING POINTLESS!

In STATE OF DECAY .... Silencers mean the difference between Survival and Death!! Given death is Permanent! You let a shot off, it literally alerts every zombie in almost half a mile radius! Plus you have limited stamina before your the character needs too rest, so shooting a gun can sometimes be a death sentence!

In Dying Light a silencer would give an easy game a God mode!

+1 to Churches comments. I hope they keep the weaponry in line with the game. There is no reason for US military weapons to be present unless they are also sending troops in. Yes, I am that anal.

I agree actually... Maybe some old WWII weapons.... Some old hunting rifles, bolt action...?

Edited by Lamoi

At a stretch a G3SG could fit into the game and is used by the current Turkish forces. Logic would dictate the police and military would utilize snipers in an outbreak so it makes sense. It would need to be pretty loud to counterbalance having the extra range and damage. This being said there is no current call for one in the game. Not once have I stood looking at an enemy and thought, damn if only I had a sniper. 

Re silencers I placed a list of reasons within the general suggestions topic as to why I feel they would take a lot of the fun out of the game. Just my personal view but I don't feel they suit the games mechanics. The idea of blueprints and modifications does make me tingle however. Bayonets, temporary flamethrowers, underslung grenade/scrap metal launcher etc would be very fun addons given the right balancing. Nothing too complicated

Police shotgun is well within grasp, M204 would fit the bill nicely. Small mag and lots of noise would be needed. Potential could be lots of fun. 

Sounds like all you want is a plausible excuse for certain types of weapons to be  found. A mission could be added where you end up finding a stash house for a mercenary group that went to Harran shortly after the outbreak etc. 

Silencers may take fun out of the game for you, but make it more fun for other players, why should you dictate to someone else how to enjoy the game? Nobody would force you to use one. They should be really hard to find, or attached to a difficult quest. I had hoped that a reward from the Gunsmith quests would be gun mods, like a silencer etc. Anyone calling it "god mode" should prolly max out a character and see how easy it is to slaughter waves of zombies with 0 effort. Hell I'll do it at a low level with a few crackers and molotovs....the game can be as easy or difficult as you want to make it for yourself, adding more interesting ways to approach situations such as a silencer adds another dimension to the game.

Sounds like all you want is a plausible excuse for certain types of weapons to be  found. A mission could be added where you end up finding a stash house for a mercenary group that went to Harran shortly after the outbreak etc. 

Silencers may take fun out of the game for you, but make it more fun for other players, why should you dictate to someone else how to enjoy the game? Nobody would force you to use one. They should be really hard to find, or attached to a difficult quest. I had hoped that a reward from the Gunsmith quests would be gun mods, like a silencer etc. Anyone calling it "god mode" should prolly max out a character and see how easy it is to slaughter waves of zombies with 0 effort. Hell I'll do it at a low level with a few crackers and molotovs....the game can be as easy or difficult as you want to make it for yourself, adding more interesting ways to approach situations such as a silencer adds another dimension to the game.

Some good points you raise. 

Firstly yes it would annoy me if they just went all Murica and put in random assault rifles around the streets. The current gun variety is a little small but I would rather it was limited as the game is based on a beautiful melee system. 

Re your second point. People think having silencers are fun and I don't blame them. But in a game where free running is the absolute 100% core mechanic behind the game's glory. Taking away your primary reason to free run would absolute take a lot of the fun out of the game for everyone. They just can't see it because they want it to behave more like CoD. The whole point in the volatiles and virals is to make us run away or at the very least think twice about what we are doing. The airdrops are to make us run towards. You get me? It's certainly something they could put in the game but what people are asking for is a way to silently kill enemies without any risk to their characters health... What sort of free-running, melee orientated, survival based story would give you that option?

I'm not saying don't put them in. I'm suggesting that if people get what they are asking for you will end up with a really really really easy game. I also am a firm believer that what people ask for and what they would like are two completely different things. 

Fun fact, when a large quantity of people were surveyed to ask if they would like extra chunky spaghetti sauce, they all said no. Quite literally thousands of people. But when given chunky sauce to eat, over 1/3 of people loved it. Conclusion. People don't have a clue what they would like. Perhaps that would include me :S ? Mind chupacabra.