Sign in to follow this  
Shockr

Help With Weapon Value Curve/colour Value Modifier

Hi all,

Trying to tweak the value of low tier (white/green) items in my mod. I've found plenty of price modifiers for other parts (weapon type, status level etc) but I can't for the life of me see how I can tie in the colour of the item.

Any ideas? Anyone already found where it is? I've checked through scripts/inventory/ and scripts/trading/.

Thanks

-Shockr

I do apologise. I've had to look into a lot of this for my mod, but in relation to what you need:

The weapons themselves have static values, instead the colours provide mutlipliers for the stats. You can find these values right at the bottom of \data\scripts\inventory\inventory_special.scr :)

I hope that helps.. by all means, take a look at my Survivor mod over on NexusMods :)

-Shockr

Oh, i already looked that file but i guess i mess the buttom. thanks for the tips :P

hmm. but, where do you change that part ?

DamageAndForceSpreadCurve(Color_White, "wpn_melee_damage_spread_white");
    DamageAndForceSpreadCurve(Color_Green, "wpn_melee_damage_spread_green");
    DamageAndForceSpreadCurve(Color_Blue, "wpn_melee_damage_spread_blue");
    DamageAndForceSpreadCurve(Color_Violet, "wpn_melee_damage_spread_violet");
    DamageAndForceSpreadCurve(Color_Orange, "wpn_melee_damage_spread_orange");

with that it look like there is a damage range depending of the rarety ? but no value to tweak that spread :(

but the weapon damage yes, in the inventory_gen, but with that there is that " dmg & force spread curve, i would like to be able to tweak that :P

that look to be a nice mod, but i'am just tweaking somes stuff to fit my own taste :P

EDIT ; or is that "only" the DamageMultiplier value found at the bottom of the inventory_gen file ? i'am confused since it doesnt really look like a spread but just 2 different multiplier per tier

Edited by wootwoots

Yeah, the last few lines at the bottom of inventory_gen are the ones I use to tweak the damage in my mod:

//WHITE
    DamageMultiplier(1, 0.10);
    DamageMultiplier(2, 0.20);
    //GREEN
    DamageMultiplier(3, 0.15);
    DamageMultiplier(4, 0.30);
    //BLUE
    DamageMultiplier(5, 0.50);
    DamageMultiplier(6, 0.70);
    //VIOLET
    DamageMultiplier(7, 0.70);
    DamageMultiplier(8, 0.90);
    //ORANGE
    DamageMultiplier(9, 0.90);
    DamageMultiplier(10, 1.10);

However you can change the hermite splines if you really want to change the curves: /data/curve_di.xml

Search the file for the "wpn_melee_damage_spread_white" hermite spline config and you'll see all of them :)

Oh see, nice find !

Never study thoses hermite spline, so not sure i'am going to tweak thoses things :P

But if the damagemultiplier is good enough to get a proper result + changing weapons damage, its good to me.

btw, according to your dmgmult,  soo if a weapon deal 20dmg ( like a knife ) white tier will have 2-4 damage ? :o ( even if they look to add the force value to the final damage value in the inventory )

Edited by wootwoots

Alright. So there isnt other more complex math to get the final damage value.

thanks for all thoses information :)

By chance, do you know if there is a way to change the durability loss / repair change PER weapon  and not only a global setting  (found in the default_levels.xml & common_skills.xml for the repairluck skill, btw didnt found where is the default repairluck )

Edited by wootwoots

Not sure the default repair luck is 0, it this case it would mean without the skill we would all the time fail repair ^^

increase weapon durability ? i dont a such parameter in the inventory_gen, except the allowed repair value ^^

or there is "        RepairTags("Weapon_Craft4"" this value, but no idea where to find thoses "weapons craft4" parameter to see if there is anything related to that

The durability is listed as Condition(N);

However, if you don't want to ever have a broken weapon, the easiest way in my mind is to set <effect id="MeleeWpnDurabilityMulReduce" change="0.0001"/> in default_levels.xml which will make weapons degrade very slowly.

Or

In the same file, set <effect id="PerfectRepairChance" change="1.0"/>. This will mean that they'll need repair, but will never use a repair slot.