Sign in to follow this  
CaptCopAFeel

Night Hunter Needs Changes (Not Sure Where To Submit Suggestions)

So first off, I jumped right on Night Hunter as soon as I completed the tutorial.  Only took a few hours to max it and it felt so powerful.  During that time, I was unaware that survivors could 'sense' you and place a blip on their radar.  Below is just a list of suggestions that I think would balance the game a little more.  Being as there are glitches that have stacked the favors into survivor's hands...

-  The ability to 'sense' the Night Hunter needs to be removed.  Seriously?  This is a survivor horror game and you can see exactly where terror is coming from?  Doesn't make sense at all.  Let the Night Hunter glow orange, but DO NOT let the survivors see a Night Hunter on the radar.

-  Respawn timer for the survivors needs to be increased.  Only by a few seconds.

-  Cooldowns of the Night Hunter abilities needs to be decreased.  Night Hunters have to defend the nests, cooldowns provided takes too long.

-  The UV light needs to drain faster (3-5 seconds max) and maybe decrease the Night Hunter's energy bar a little less.  It's already dumb enough that a survivor BEING POUNCED can interrupt the Night Hunter's kill.  It's supposed to be a TEAM game, but there have been a few times where a survivor has soloed me because of this.

-  Survivors shouldn't be able to evade the Tackle ability.  Night Hunters can't evade the Drop Attack or Drop Kick, so this is a little unfair.

-  Spike traps should have a marker on the map for Night Hunters AND Survivors.  Just a small zig-zag line should do the trick.

-  There should be more AI zombies during invades (percentage based on how many survivors are playing.  75% decrease if only 1 Survivor, 50% if 2, 25% if 3 and 0% if 4.)

-  Night Hunters should be able to cling to walls while holding L1.  Just a cool idea. 

-  Nest's health should be based on number of hits, not weapon power.  People easily 2 hit the nests because of weapon duplication exploits. 

-  Survivor's weapons should lose durability when being invaded.  I don't even see why they don't anyway.

-  It would be cool to be able to pull survivors with L1.  Not too far.  Maybe 10 or 15 feet.

-  There needs to be at least a 20 minute timer for survivors to kill the nests.  I've been in many games where the survivors would just stay in a safe house. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a few ideas to balance the game out a little more.  Invading is already in favor of the Survivors, even in a 1v1 (unless they're brand new to the game). 

Please comment your ideas or suggestions below.  I'm interested in reading Survivor AND Night Hunter ideas!

Remove the f*cking sense! The survivors are the real hunters right now!

Add a flare limit (Based on number of survivors)

Decrease range of UV light! Seriously it's a flashlight not a laser pointer!

Add a time limit for destroying nests (I really hate those cowards that stay in safehouses)

Decrease detonation time of spits

Let the spits and uv shield recharge on successful pounce

Don't remove all of the zombies on an invasion

Increase the health of the nests based on the damage of survivor's weapons!(Two hit to destroy a nest?!)

Disable the safehouses on an invasion

Fix the f'ing matchmaking!

Add an ability for NH to stick to the walls!

Decrease the time of pouncing

Add a few volatiles near the nests

Remove the f*cking sense! The survivors are the real hunters right now!

Add a flare limit (Based on number of survivors)

Decrease range of UV light! Seriously it's a flashlight not a laser pointer!

Add a time limit for destroying nests (I really hate those cowards that stay in safehouses)

Decrease detonation time of spits

Let the spits and uv shield recharge on successful pounce

Don't remove all of the zombies on an invasion

Increase the health of the nests based on the damage of survivor's weapons!(Two hit to destroy a nest?!)

Disable the safehouses on an invasion

Fix the f'ing matchmaking!

Add an ability for NH to stick to the walls!

Decrease the time of pouncing

Add a few volatiles near the nests

I don't agree with all of your suggestions, but I do with some of them. 

Especially the one about the flares.. I mean, like, it's a very good tactic and it will keep the Night-Hunter off your chupacabra for a moment to breath but man, some dudes are goddamn loaded with flares that it's ridiculous to even think about taking them on if you don't possess the perks to combat try-hard tactics like these champs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq5w3k8lvfE

Noted: I should combine the UV shield + tackle more often in combination with spits but I had only just dipped into that skill set so I didn't know what I was doing lol. Although, being patient and paying attention to their mistakes isn't a bad method either when you're fighting lower numbers.  

Edited by Wolfman

In these videos survivors - absolute noobs. This should be an example to follow? :huh: 

I don't agree with all of your suggestions, but I do with some of them.

<...>

And 90% of the players think differently. Night hunter sucks.

Edited by FarSyber

In these videos survivors - absolute noobs. This should be an example to follow? :huh: 

And 90% of the players think differently. Night hunter sucks.

Don't be like that. It's not necessary. I didn't insinuate that I was facing pros or that I'm an expert hunter. Did I say that? I was just providing an example of the kind of arsenal that the Night-Hunter at times has to deal with. People could learn from my mistakes as I have.