Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani

Script Access

I think its unnessecary to mod anything unless we get access to the commanding file behind the Scripts, this file mostly generates and changes most

of the Scripts of the Game. Sure there are a few default Scripts where the file gets its data from but this only makes it more difficult to keep changed

parameters or really achieve any changes. Im not a professional Modder but im sure that there is a hidden xml, xls or xmls file somewhere what controls

many of the Scripts. In my term i want to alter the Enemies and their behavior aswell as their difficulty, damage and specially "health". I found the nessecary

lines and values to do it but the Issue, these lines are spread over 4 to 15 different Scripts and the main file isnt the Controller of this Script. Most of them

get generated or changed with the Game Progress because the Scripts are only placeholders and some xls file controls it.

Lets say i want to change the health of the default Zombie, i cant change the exported biter Script because it doesnt change the other nessecary Scripts what

change with each Level up. I cant change the different Level Scripts because each new Level a new Script gets generated so its useless. The common param Script

doesnt hold the nessecary data to edit the health values. The only thing what is left now is the default Script called "zombie_data_params.scr", this Script contains all

the default data including health and different behaviors but sadly this Script only holds data for the controlling XLS what alter other Scripts from that data.

You see my Issue ? I cant alter the health for example because all the Scripts are only data holders and most changes get changed back or dont connect to the other

nessecary Scripts for that values. The XLS gets the data from the data_params thats clear but there is no way to tell the Game after i changed any value there to actualize

all the other connected Scripts and that breaks the Game.

I dont know what to say except help please, do what you need to do but waiting for modding tools isnt the solution....

Ps: theres also a file called curve_di.xml what contains data what seem to calculate many of the needed values for health etc in each Script but thats too much for me.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Ps: theres also a file called curve_di.xml what contains data what seem to calculate many of the needed values for health etc in each Script but thats too much for me.

thats exactly how you modify health values etc. there's also individual parameters that do that. so it is currently possible and it does not break the game.

It breaks the Game not in Terms of technical issues, it breaks the Game in terms like altering certain values make volatiles immortal for example if changes were made on the wrong end.

How to modify this ? I dont understand how to change health values with that.

</curve>

<curve Name="zombie_health" NumberOfSamples="60" MaxX="60" MinX="1" MaxY="600" MinY="1">

<knots Count="2">

<knot TypeOfSpline="LINE" X="1" Y="200" />

<knot TypeOfSpline="LINE" X="60" Y="200" />

</knots>

Also after this is changed how the Scripts get actualized to hold the right changed values ? delete them or what ?

Edited by Weyland Yutani

right now the best method for increasing health & damage is to tweak it from param.scr (Dead Island Method), export, and presets data, since any attempt on moddyfing the .xmi will resulted on unresponsive string. Anyone who could solve the curve riddle please share do share the tips.

Edited by Radikal

It's describing a curve on a graph.  MinX/MaxX and MinY/MaxY sets the axes of the graph. The knots are defining the curve, which in this case is just a simple line.  First point is at 1,200, second point is at 60,200, so it's just a straight horizontal line at 200 on the Y axis.  How the health is used, you'd have to see if there's a reference elsewhere in the scripts.  It could be that you input the player's level in to the graph for the X(1 through 60, assuming rumors about DLC level upgrades) and then you get the health of the zombie out, 200.  However, in this case, you always get 200 because it's horizontal.  Every input of X gets you 200 in Y.

So change the Y's in each of the knots to a different value to raise a zombie's health.  This might also just be used in a random range and maybe this just defines the maximum.

edit: Oh yeah, if you want to change it to something above 600, you're going to need to change the MaxY too.

Edited by Obsurveyor

I think its right, the important value is coming from Y but there are still parts that i dont understand. The curve holds health data with horizontal Lines and diagonal Lines as soon as

more then two knots are avaible. The curve doesnt hold all Enemies but it also holds data from exported Scripts but not all and the reason of a health multiplier in the data params

is still a riddle for me. I played around with the graph, scripts and multipliers and tried to calculate but i dont get any clear result and only personal testings will not bring the needed

results and clarifications. I dont want to wait for the mod Tools for months until the difficulty gets changed, it cant be that difficult that a Developer put a few minutes into this and

write a few words.

Edited by Weyland Yutani