Sign in to follow this  
Joffie87

Suggestion For Calming The Modding Community

Hi there Techland! Just wanted to drop by and offer my suggestion for mod implementation because 1.4.0 is not the right way to go if you want to keep modders playing. Obviously you're concerned with keeping a non modded gamer happy with the game as well, so allowing modded games to connect to non-modded is an obvious no-no. However, and this is where you guys messed up, most people modding aren't concerned with what mods others are running. We get off on new mods and hearing about what others are playing with. We love the idea of co-op modded gameplay. Currently your setup is causing a schism within online gameplay because any difference in file is causing us to not be able to connect to online games. My suggestion is that you allow modded games to connect to other modded games, period. I know you guys are all talking about this at the office so please bring up this suggestion at the next meeting and see what can be done. Thank you for this awesome game, and thank you for keeping modders in your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Joffie87 & Other Modders

this maybe right for UI modifications, they shouldnt be exactly the same as others are running. but when it comes to weapon modifications etc. they should always be exactly the same. makes no sense when you run around with a shotgun that has 999 ammo and another person, not aware of your "ammo mod" has only the default amount of ammo.

Fair enough. I would have to say then graphical mods need a free pass. Be they UI, or ones that change the effects in the game. For instance, I like turning off chromatic abberation. Or what about modding the UI to fit better on the occulus rift? Cheat mods are just the easiest to produce without mod tools so thats what we see right now. I guess my point is if it's this messed up right now, when modding hasn't really taken off, how can the current model hope to support a mod communtiy? Maybe instead of my first suggestion, instead it would be better for each host to have an option menu where they can choose types of mods to allow.

Cross your finger for mod tools to have an option to register your mod to Dying Light database/ steam Workshop, also making moded game visible to all player using any mod no mather what it is.

Edited by Radikal

Hi there Techland! Just wanted to drop by and offer my suggestion for mod implementation because 1.4.0 is not the right way to go if you want to keep modders playing. Obviously you're concerned with keeping a non modded gamer happy with the game as well, so allowing modded games to connect to non-modded is an obvious no-no. However, and this is where you guys messed up, most people modding aren't concerned with what mods others are running. We get off on new mods and hearing about what others are playing with. We love the idea of co-op modded gameplay. Currently your setup is causing a schism within online gameplay because any difference in file is causing us to not be able to connect to online games. My suggestion is that you allow modded games to connect to other modded games, period. I know you guys are all talking about this at the office so please bring up this suggestion at the next meeting and see what can be done. Thank you for this awesome game, and thank you for keeping modders in your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Joffie87 & Other Modders

I think this is good news, if I read this after the most recent update on steam.

Game data integrity (modding) 

• Games can be modded 

• Modded games will not work online with original unchanged versions 

• Modded games will work with other identically modded games